The Prince in Disguise

By Moon_Girl495

(Book Trailer inside!) Once upon a time, in a city far far away. Lives a girl named Valeria, who dreams of b... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: 2 Different Worlds....
Chapter 3: Don't Try to Object!
Chapter 4: Arlandia
Chapter 5
Chapter 6: It's where they meet
Chapter 7: Love Struck
Chapter 8: A Big Suprise
Chapter 9:
Chapter 10:
Chapter 11: Oh-oh
CHapter 12: Visits?
Chapter 13: Like brother like brother!
Chapter 14: The Orphanage
Chapter 15: Food Fight!
Chapter 16: Love
Chapter 17: Another couple
Chapter 18: From slut to conservative?
Chapter 19: Complicated
Chapter 20: Confessed
Chapter 21: LQ
Chapter 22: Back Together Again
Chapter 23: 'Daddy and Mommy'
Chapter 24: All that you've been waiting for.... Fashion Night
Chapter 25: Epilouge :( The end

Chapter 2: It's only the start

54.5K 946 61
By Moon_Girl495

Chapter 1

Snuggling closer to her comforters, Valeria got pleasure from the comfort provided by her cozy, warm bed. Her messy, tangled hair swept over her face in an unruly manner while her soft snores echoed slightly inside her room. Her dreams were field with mind-blowing moments with a handsome prince charming which face she couldn’t decipher. A smile slowly spread across her face, but before the stupefying kiss could finally be met, her alarm clock rang discordantly in her ears. Being brought out from her fantasy, Valeria sat up straight in surprise and sighed wearily.

Never shall her dreams come true.

“Honey! Breakfast is ready!” her mother, Kayleigh, hollered from downstairs. Her voice was filled with sweetness and excitement as Valeria usually hears.

“Coming!” She answered. Headache pounded between her forehead and she rubbed her temples in frustration. Brushing the messy knots in front of her face, she swung her feet out of bed and groggily walked in front of the mirror. Gawping at her reflection, she exhaled loudly as she scrutinized her somnolent expression. Her blond hair was in disarray and tousled. She looked really unpleasant, especially those weary bags that formed under her eyes.

That’s what you get for staying up late. She thought to herself, sauntering towards her cabinet and pulling the doors open to grab a fresh, neat towel. Valeria spent her whole night designing new clothes for her mother’s fashion designing magazine and company, of course. She happens to inherit her mother’s unique talent—as she always calls it—and desires to be like her sometime in the future. She adores her mother as much as a fan adores a star, and that’s how they are.

Opening the door to her bathroom, she hanged the towel on the rack beside the shower and swept open the curtains. Valeria cautiously stripped her clothes and threw them in the laundry basket. Twisting the knob, the water whooshed out of the shower head and started pounding onto her back. She shivered under the temperature and regretted the fact that she didn’t check how the water was. Clenching her teeth, she sped her bath and rushed out of the shower in a hustle, grabbing the towel and wrapping it around her body.

She hastily entered her air-conditioned bedroom and started rummaging through her closet to find descent clothes for today’s school. Though Valeria desired to just stay home and continue pursue her dreams by designing more and more clothes, she’s eager to because of the willingness to finish college and fulfill her fantasies on becoming a famed fashion designer just like her mother. After what seemed like 5 minutes, she found some off-shoulder white top, denim skinny jeans which she decided to pair with her black, ankle-high boots that her mother bought her last Christmas. Being a fashion designer also made Valeria conscious for partnering certain clothes that does and don’t go well. That’s how she met her best friend, Mary, and from then on asked for tips on the clothes she would wear for the day.

“Val!” Mary barged into her room, making Valeria’s heart lodge into her throat, she just hates it when her friend scares her like that. Val was the nickname that Mary usually calls her. Though no matter what, the two shares a different kind of bond. Regardless of how crazy Mary is or how opposite she is to Valeria, the other serves as a missing piece of puzzle to the other.

“”Mary! God, how many times do I have to tell you not to scare me like that?!” she chided, spinning around to meet her best friend by the door.  Her eyes were wide in shock with her heart hastily racing inside her chest. Mary had her brown hair bouncing off her shoulder in soft curls, her hazel eyes flashed her, a silent plea, while her lush pink lips formed a cute pout.

“Sorry” she grinned sheepishly. Valeria’s eyes swept across the pile of clothes she was holding in her arms and sighed. This was the same every morning. When Mary could not find the right clothes she desires to wear, she would bring a pile of them into Valeria’s house in pajamas just to get her advice. “I need your assistance” she said, moving swiftly across Valeria’s bedroom and placing her crumple clothes carefully on top of her bed.

“Mary…” she sighed, rubbing her temples. Her heart was now beating steadily inside her chest and she was quite thankful for that. She couldn’t handle it anymore if her best friend would scare her until she dies… she still have dreams to fulfill for god’s sake. “You brought all of your clothes here again” accepting her friend’s apology from a while ago, Valeria slipped her chosen underwear and put on her chosen clothes. It’s not really an embarrassment for the two of them to dress in front of each other, it has been a hobby of the two since they were young.

Mary’s eyes twinkled with jealousy as she allowed her eyes to rake through Valeria’s attire. “I like that clothes you have on” her voice made it obvious of the envy she felt towards her. Chuckling, Valeria began to fumble through the pile of clothes Mary had brought with her and later on came up with the choice of her wearing a three-quarter, font-draped blouse and a cream colored shorts. It definitely goes well with the shoes Mary had on.

Handing them to her best friend, a smile appeared on Mary’s lips while she skipped towards the bathroom in a cheery manner. She swiftly closed the door behind her while Valeria walked slowly towards in front of her dresser and sat down on the chair to enhance her weary look. She grabbed the lip gloss and spread a thin layer amount of it on her lips. She was naturally pretty—as her mother always say—and she doesn’t want applying a thick layer of make-up on her face for she does not want to look like those fake barbies walking around. She would want to keep her looks simple. After applying some foundation on her face to cover up those nasty eye-bags, she lined her oval-shaped eyes with the eye-liner and applied some mascara to enhance her long, thick lashes. Just all that and she looked fresh.

Mary came out on the same manner as she did before entering. She was wearing the clothes that Valeria chose and modeled it around like a professional. The two always shared some unique passion. When Valeria could style and partner up clothes, Mary could model them around with grace and poise. They both made each other a pact when they were younger that Mary would model her finale dress if she ever could host a cat-walk to model all her designs.

“What do you think?” Mary asked, giggling.

“You simply…” Valeria found herself lost, “gorgeous.” She finished.

Mary smiled and walked over behind her seat. Mary’s talent? Hairstyling.  She looked at Valeria straight in the eye through her reflection in the mirror. Grabbing the comb, she started raking it through her wet, messy hair. She pulled the drawer from her right, picked up the blower and plugged it on the electric socket. Turning it on, she blew it across her friend’s hair, slowly drying.

Minutes later, Valeria’s hair now hangs straight from her back. She was simply amazed by how her friend can fix a bad hair day. She looked at her reflection in the mirror and admired the beauty that her friend enhanced.

“See? Now you look gorgeous” she said, straightening her back.

“Valeria! I’m heading off to work now! Make sure you eat first before going to school, okay?” Kayleigh’s voice echoed from down the kitchen. Valeria stood up from her seat, taking Mary’s hand in hers and beginning to pull her out of the room. They both trudged downstairs and entered the kitchen.

“Morning mom!” she greeted, sauntering over her mother who was busy straightening down her attire. She planted a kiss on her cheeks before turning to her father and repeating her action. “Morning dad!” he didn’t answer though. He was busy reading the daily newspaper, keeping himself update to all of the current events within the country.

“Good Morning, Mr. and Mrs. FairHolm!” Mary greeted, the smile never leaving her face. She awkwardly displayed a small wave of her hand while settling down to a chair and beginning to munch the food prepared for her in a certain plate. It was the usual thing that happens in the morning, a plate will be ready for her since she usually acquires her breakfast in Valeria’s house.

“Hello, Mary” Kayleigh was a simply beautiful woman. Everyone knows that that’s where Valeria got her looks. She had the identical blond hair, pale blue eyes, and fair-toned skin while her husband had brown hair, brown eyes, and slightly tanned skin. Valeria took a seat next to her father and began to munch on the food that was set on her plate.

“Well, bye kiddos. I’m gonna take off” her father informed, taking one last sip on his cup of coffee before dropping the newspaper back on the table. He grabbed his suitcase that stood neglected beside his chair and walked out to enter the carpool waiting for him outside. Everybody was fully aware of the honk the came from out of the house.

“Bye dad!” Valeria waved her arms at him, biding him goodbye even though her mouth was practically filled with jack potatoes and bacon. Neil looked back at his daughter, flashed a smile, and waved back before finally walking out of the door to meet his impatient carpool waiting outside. To Valeria’s shock, Mary had already finished up her food and is now beginning to dash out of her house. “Hey, Mary! Wait for me!” she grabbed three last bacons from her plate and shoved it in her mouth. Since Valeria didn’t acquire any driving skills, she hitches a ride everyday with Mary in order to get to school, if not, her mother would drive her.

Leaving her mother alone in the house, gathering the last of her things, Valeria and Mary embarked her VW bug. Mary smirked mischievously at her best friend while Valeria continued to have a hard time munching the food she shoved inside her mouth. Her lips were bulging while she forced herself to swallow.

“You’re always a slow poke!” Mary teased, inserting the key and turning it into ignition.

“And you are always unfashionable” Valeria teased back, rolling her eyes.

“So, I guess we’re even” Mary chuckled, stepping onto the gear and starting to drive.

Kevin

Prince Kevin woke on his cozy, king-sized bed. His duties and responsibilities forced him to stay up awake until late at night since he had to review a few documents of approval for the sustenance for the civilian’s financial crisis. He had to make sure that everything indeed was in perfect order. He doesn’t want anything going wrong among his subjects and as much as possible, he wanted everyone to live in peace and a happy life.

With a loud knock coming from the double doors, Kevin stretched up from his bed and yawned. Though no matter how much unbecoming that act has been, he needed something to ease the stress from his muscles and what more of a simple yawn? He has no audience watching him so he did not do something disrespectful at all.

“Come in” he said and with that the door creaked open to reveal his chambermaid holding a tray of hot, steaming breakfast inside her hands. This worried him. This occasion rarely happens and by that… it meant that he had missed breakfast this morning. The maid closed the door behind her with her foot and carefully sauntered towards the prince with her head held up high. “Good morning, Natalia” he greeted, giving her a small nod. Natalia felt her blood creeping up her neck and staining her cheeks. Though this event happens repeatedly in the morning, she still doesn’t seem to get used on seeing him shirtless and wearing nothing but only boxers.

“Good morning, your highness” she tried to keep her voice straight but no wonder that she stammered. She set the tray carefully on the coffee table a few meters away from Kevin’s king-sized bed and turned to pull open the curtains. Kevin’s bedroom was absolutely luxurious. It possesses everything he needs that might overcome each and every house within his country.

Natalia swept open the red drapes, allowing the bright rays of sunlight to beam through. Kevin groggily hopped out of his bed and began to stretch out, hoping that that would rouse his sleepy muscles. Though frayed, he needed to get out of bed in order to be able to serve his country. Sometimes, he’s thinking that being a prince is not a really good idea. Otherwise, he is necessitated to be in good shape in order to perform well.

After Natalia had finished her business inside the prince’s bedroom, she hastily left after bowing respectfully at him as a sign of respect. Kevin gave her a small nod and entered the bathroom to rush a shower since he was already late for whatever maybe waiting for him today.

After the shower, he entered the door connecting from his en-suite bathroom and was greeted by racks of expensive clothing inside his walk-in closet. He took hold of a new suit and slipped it on with no hesitance. He wasn’t really that type of person that is picky among what clothes to wear, since now he discovered that he was already about an hour late for his duties. His father will surely throw a fit.

He went out of his walk-in closet and proceeded to receive his breakfast, his stomach was already complaining since the time that he entered the shower, and it might be a good thing for him to inquire some energy. In view of the fact that no one was inside his room, he finished up his plate hastily— ignoring the table etiquettes that he had been taught. He wiped off his chin and fixed his tie, the same time a knock being sounded from his door.

“Come in” Kevin cleared his throat.

As expected, his assistant—and friend—Josh Keegans entered the room and bowed low in order to show respect. “Your highness, the king asks for your presence” he said, straightening his back and looking at Kevin while gradually placing both of his hands behind his back.

“Josh, you know I don’t want you curtsying before me when we’re not alone” Kevin smiled warmly at his form while sauntering towards him, restoring the grace within his movements.

“I’m sorry about that” he apologized. His eyes looked tensed as if something went wrong.

“What is wrong then?” Kevin asked standing before him. His brows were cocked on his forehead while he demanded the answer softly.

“I haven’t taken any knowledge about that topic, sir. All I know is that your father requires your presence with urgency” he replied, taking hold of the knob and twisting it open for Kevin to walk through. He looked at him curiously but followed his lead.  Within a few minutes, they are now walking through the endless hallways which they’ve been to their whole life. After all, both grew up within the palace’s premises.

“Where is he?” Kevin questioned, walking side by side with Josh while flashing him a sideway glance.

“He’s in the living room” he answered, rounding up from the corner and stopping in front of big, mahogany double doors. Kevin fixed his tied one last time in order to look presentable and pushed open the doors with no other uncertainty. Despite of the smile he plastered across his face, the feeling of nervousness can’t help but be felt for he’s guessing that his father is disappointed regarding his tardiness.

“You wanted to see me, father?” his questioning statement echoed within the room, a ring of respect pitching into his tone. He sat on the opposite couch and looked wearily at his father. He looked absolutely intimidating regardless of the powerful, nerve-racking appearance. It felt as if you’ll lose every inch of your confidence just by looking at him straight into the eyes.

“Yes” he sighed. “This is regarding some important matters which you now need to worry about”

“What did you call me for then?” he asked, curiosity igniting within him.

“You know that there are only four months left until you reach the right age. You will be handed the throne”

“I understand”

“You’ll have only until that time to find a queen. If you failed to manage on finding the right one, I’ll be forced to hand over the throne to your younger brother and skip you” he stated, leaving Kevin dumbfounded about his words.

(Oh-oh! What’ll happen next? I guess you all know! Leave your comments below!)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

84.3K 3.3K 31
In the kingdom of Allenia, it is a law that royals marry royals, and peasants marry peasants. The kingdom has been that way for thousands of years; t...
2.5M 144K 50
"As soon as you believe you are a monster is when you become one." After many years of war, the kingdom of Edria is finally in an era of peace--peace...
7K 343 24
Once upon a time, Rose Laurence told herself that happiness was only a smile away. Her ruby red grin has kept her heart safe until a devastating phon...
550 92 50
"Do you know that there is a saying that if you smile at the sky before bed, the moon will give you beautiful dreams?" "I never heard of that.." he w...