Without them knowing

By _devilish_me_

❝"Elijah, stop please!" I cried as my mate kept landing blows on him. If he kept doing that he would certainl... More

◎Prologue◎
◉Chapter 1◉
◎Chapter 2◎
◉Chapter 3◉
◎Chapter 4◎
◉Chapter 5◉
◎Chapter 6◎
◉chapter 7◉
◎chapter 8◎
◉Chapter 9◉
∞ Chapter 10 ∞
◎ Chapter 11 ◎
◉Chapter 12◉
◎Chapter 13◎
◎Chapter 15◎
◉Chapter 16◉
◎Chapter 17◎
◉Chapter 18◉
◎Chapter 19◎
◉Chapter 20◉
◎Chapter 21◎
◉Chapter 22◉
◎Chapter 23◎
◉Chapter 24◉
◎Chapter 25◎
◉ Chapter 26 ◉
◎Chapter 27◎
◉ Chapter 28 ◉
◎Chapter 29 ◎
∞ Chapter 30 ∞
◉Chapter 31◉

◉Chapter 14◉

48.5K 1.1K 234
By _devilish_me_

Today was my mate's birthday. Elijah was turning twenty and becoming Alpha. And I was still stuck in a hospital room. I could hear a lot of noise coming from outside. Al most all the pack members were helping with the preparation for the celebration party tonight. A party I won't be at. A party I didn't want to be at.

But of course Harry thought differently about that.

"You're going and that's final," he said, his tone leaving no room for argument. He crossed his arms as he glared at me from across the room.

My lips formed into a dry smile. "Would you look at that. You're not even Beta yet and you're already bossing people around."

He did his best not to smile but then gave up and rolled his eyes. "Very funny. Now get up and go take a shower. You look awful."

"Thank you, Harry. That's just what every girl want's to hear," I said dryly and sat up straight. I was pretty sore from not moving for almost a whole week. I winced as I heard my neck creak. (Is that correct? LOL I honestly have no Idea.)

Harry rolled his eyes again. "You're really sarcastic today. How are you--" He paused for a second. His eyes searched my face for any signs of emotion. But when he found none he continued. "How are you feeling? Better then yesterday."

I looked down at my hands. "This is going to sound weird but-- crying gave me hope. I thought I was never going to cry again. Even if it were jus meaningless tears."

Harry ran a hand trough his blond hair. "It was not meaningless Parker," he told me with a sigh and sat down next to me. Taking my hand into his he looked me in the eyes. "Just because you didn't feel any reason, well emotion, to cry, doesn't mean you don't have any. You're not an empty shell--"

"Yet."

He glared at me and squeezed my hand tighter. "No, you won't ever become one. I won't let that happen. You know what I said Parker. Just reject him and leave with Lorcan."

I directed my eyes to the cold, white tiled floor and sighed. "Should I?"

He gave my hand another squeeze. "You should."

Was that really the best solution? I'll admit it. Ever since Harry told me what he thought yesterday I haven't thought about anythings also but to reject Elijah. I mean, would I be able to survive without him? Without him holding me at night? 

Even now, while I was laying in the hospital, he still sneaked in every night and held me until sunrise. I knew because I always was awake. I didn't let him notice that though. I always kept my eyes closed and my breathing even when he kissed my forehead and told me he was sorry. Not that it was hard. His words or kisses did nothing to me. 

No, that was a lie. They made me start thinking. And no matter how hard I tried I would still and up with Lorcan and his offer to leave. Whenever I tried to think of reason to stay all I came up with Harry. But he had told me to go. 

So there was really no reason to stay. Elijah didn't love me. He never would.  He wasn't going to reject me either. So it was all up to me.

All I had to do was reject Elijah and leave this Hell.

But why couldn't I? 

It was so easy. Just it was only four simple words. 'I reject you, Elijah.' But why wasn't I able to say those words when he held me last night? It would be quick and he wouldn't have aspected me to say it. 

I would be free.

I really wanted to be free.

"Ready to take a shower?" Harry's voice brought me back to reality and I nodded. Since all my muscles were really sore Harry had to help me stand up and assist me to the ensuite bathroom. HE gave me a doubtful stare when I started to close the door before him. 

"Shouldn't I help you? I mean, you can barely walk. How do I know you won't fall and break your neck in the shower?" he questioned.

"I won-- Woah." My head began to spin and my vision went black for few seconds before clearing again. 

Harry had his arms wrapped around my waist and gave me pointed stare. "What were you going to say again? For get it Parker. I'm staying here."

My eyes narrowed and I freed myself from his strong hold. I wobbled for a few secondes before I stood straight. "No, I'm fine by myself."

"No," Harry disagreed and crossed his arms persistently. "Let me help you."

"No need. I'll help her." 

My eyes grew big and I spun around quickly, making me lose my balance and almost hitting the floor if it wasn't for a pair of strong arms catching me. The usual sparks went up my spine and I shivered. A broken hart didn't stop the sparks when you're mate touches you. 

Harry narrowed his eyes as he glared at his Alpha to be. "No need, Elijah. I'll do it myself."

I felt Elijah shift from behind me and was glad I couldn't see his face when Harry flinched. 

"Go Harry. I'll take care of her. No need to worry. She's safe with me."

I started to struggle but Elijah only tightened his grip on me. "Stay still Parker. You'll only hurt yourself."

Harry sighed. "Fine," he said reluctantly, his eyes directed to the floor. He had no choice, but to obey. Elijah might not me Alpha yet, he still had Alpha blood and was above Harry. "Call for me when you need me, okay Parker?"

Elijah growled at Harry and nearly dragged me into the bathroom and slammed the door close. He sat me down on a stool and gave me glare.

"You're still mine Parker. Don't let another man touch you. I don't like it," he growled. 

I narrowed my eyes. "I don't care Alpha. Now please leave. I can take care of myself."

He growled again. "Don't speak to me in that tone. Now get in the shower. You need to get ready for the ceremony and the party."

For a few seconds I thought my heart was staring to beat faster, but when I realized that was impossible I just brushed it off and gave my mate a questioning stare. "What? You want me to go?"

"Why wouldn't I?"

"Because I'm a worthless Omega and I don't deserve to be in the presence of the pack on an important day," I repeated his fathers words without flinching.

Elijah closed his eyes and breathed in deeply before reopening them. It was almost if he was trying to calm himself. 

Not wanting him to get angry with me. I quickly stoop up and walked towards the shower. "I'll take a shower, but please turn around. I'll tell you when I need help."

"Why?" he questioned. "It's nothing I havent's seen before."

My eyes closed as I thought about last week, when he had taken the one thing I wasn't planning on giving him unless he loved me. 

"Please, don't remind me of that again."

When I heard him growl. I realized I had said the wrong thing. I opened my eyes and watched shocked as he stalked towards me. His eyes were almost black.

"No, Parker. Maybe I should remind you again. I think by reliving that again is the best way," he spat.

My eyes grew wide and I quickly took a step back, which wasn't much considering my back hit the wall instantly. "No, please. Don't."

He growled and stopped a few inches before me. Then he leaned down and kissed my collarbone. I tried to get away but his hands on my hips refrained me from doing so. When his lips touched the place his mark was supposed to be I shivered and squeezed my eyes shut.

"Why shouldn't I? I'm your mate after all." He continued to kiss my neck. Then he kissed my mark again. A moan left my lips before I could stop it. 

"Tell me why Parker?" he taunted. "We're mates. Mates mate. It's normal, Parker."

"No, not for us. We're not normal," I replied breathlessly.

"Why not Parker? Don't you love me?"

When I didn't reply he growled and backed away. His hands released me and I heard him curse before the bathroom door slammed shut. 

Tadaa, another chappie. Next chapter will come soon :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8M 49.9K 30
Mates, my parents told me that it would make me happy, ecstatic, over-joyed, excited, and anything but sadness and rejection. And I got the exact opp...
777K 17.7K 30
PREVIOUSLY CALLED: Rejected, Perfected "I Greg Wilson, alpha of the Red Moon pack, reject you, Samantha Nightwing, as my mate and future Luna" he wh...
35.2K 668 18
*Formerly known as Omega's Brother on my other account* Isabelle Smith was ranked an Omega at a young age. She was treated worse than the others. She...
178K 4.9K 8
*Short Story* It is difficult to stay with the people who look down at you like you are some kind of disease. It hurts when they don't want to acknow...