My Benefactor

By crimsonnebula

After Reagan found out that she was a product of her mother's teenage indiscretion and her so-called father's... More

My Benefactor Prologue
My Benefactor Chapter One
My Benefactor Chapter Two
My Benefactor Chapter Three
My Benefactor Chapter Four
My Benefactor Chapter Five
My Benefactor Chapter Six
My Benefactor Chapter Seven
My Benefactor Chapter Eight
My Benefactor Chapter Nine
My Benfactor Chapter Ten
My Benefactor Chapter Eleven
My Benefactor Chapter Twelve
My Benefactor Chapter Thirteen
My Benefactor Chapter Fourteen
My Benefactor Chapter Fifteen
My Benefactor Chapter Sixteen
My Benefactor Chapter Seventeen
My Benefactor Chapter Eighteen
My Benefactor Chapter Nineteen
My Benefactor Chapter Twenty One
My Benefactor Chapter Twenty Two
My Benefactor Chapter Twenty Three
My Benefactor Chapter Twenty Four
My Benefactor Chapter Twenty Five
My Benefactor Chapter Twenty Six
My Benefactor Chapter Twenty Seven
My Benefactor Chapter Twenty Eight
My Benefactor Chapter Twenty Nine
My Benefactor Chapter Thirty
My Benefactor Chapter Thirty One
My Benefactor - Chapter Thirty Two
My Benefactor - Chapter Thirty Three
My Benefactor - Chapter Thirty Four
My Benefactor - Chapter Thirty Five
My Benefactor Chapter Thirty Six
My Benefactor - Chapter Thirty Seven
My Benefactor - Chapter Thirty Eight
My Benefactor - Chapter Thirty Nine
My Benefactor - Chapter Forty
Update

My Benefactor Chapter Twenty

149K 1.9K 370
By crimsonnebula

My Benefactor

Copyright © 2011 crimsonnebula

All rights reserved

Chapter Twenty
Banner on the side done by CigaretteStainedLies (Still Mathias Lauridsen folks! ;-p) Thanks hun!

Enjoy! (No proofreading done)  Vote, like, fan, tweet and comment as much as you want! 

***************

(Reagan's POV)

"If you didn't dawdle at the last minute Cooper, we could've gotten at the airport earlier, but nooo! You just have to stuff more useless things in your damn suitcase!" I growled and nudged him roughly on his shoulders, looking for our designated seats.

He shot me an annoyed look. "My prank book and accessories are not useless things, Reagan. You'll never know it might come in handy," with one last look at my irritated expression, he snapped his face front and continued looking for his seat.

Derek booked three first class plane tickets bound for Athens, Greece. Why three? Cooper insisted, more like forced, us to have him tag along. He said and I quote,'I don't plan on missing the Indiana Jones experience'.

I thought it was too much of Derek to go all out, though I'm content with economy class. I knew he was extremely wealthy, but come on! It wasn't like we were staying on the plane for a long period of time. But, I was outnumbered. It was two against one, and imagine the smug look on their faces when I pouted like a dejected four old. Stupid rich vampires.

Derek sighed behind me, clearly flustered as we bickered."Will you two just zip it? You both have been snapping at each other all the way to the airport. Geez!"

I swung around quickly, my shoulders slightly brushing Derek's chest in the process. The 'almost there' contact had the prehistoric flying dinosaur flapping wildly in my stomach - attacking every inch of my gut as it churned and twisted in uncomfortable knots. I hadn't realized he was at close range, but that wasn't my concern at the moment. I had a point to make. "Oh yeah? Tell that to slow poke doofus over here," I said as I nudged my head to Cooper's direction.

He spun around and glared at me,"I am not a slow poke doofus!"

"Guys!" Derek cut in."Stop it," he sighed as he casted his eyes downward to check our tickets. He looked up."Our seats are over there. Reagan's 15A and I'm 15B. Cooper's 14A."

I checked the seat numbers printed under the overhead compartment. It showed 10A and 10B so a couple seats more. When the number reached 15A, I smiled. I loved window seats.

Throwing my carry-on bag at the overhead compartment, I glanced at Cooper who settled himself a seat in front of us. I stuck my tongue out at him, and he just chuckled then rolled his eyes. This was why I loved Cooper. He got over things quickly as though they never happened.

I took a seat and exhaled a sigh. This was my first time flying on first class. The aisles were spacious and the seating capacity wasn't that much compared to economy and business. The passengers were all posh looking; men in designer suits as though they own a corporate empire, while the women in their Gucci or Chanel numbers looking all superior and snotty.

The women however were looking at Derek and Cooper with hunger in their eyes. Couldn't blame them for ogling. They were extremely hot pure bloods. "Oh the horror of it all," I snickered inwardly.

"Why are you snickering, little one?"

I jumped in my seat and turned to look at Derek. I placed a hand on my chest."Don't do that."

He chuckled. "Sorry my sweet, but why were you snickering?"

I could feel the traitorous blush creeping into my cheeks. "Uh, haha... ha... um," I laughed nervously. "Nothing in particular," shoot. I hadn't realized I snickered out loud.

He eyed me narrowly. "You're acting weird, Reagan."

 I was acting weird because of you, blockhead, in case you hadn't noticed.

I gave him a blank look, finally composed and in check."Very perceptive of you, haha," I retorted sarcastically.

He rolled his eyes and went back to reading his book. Always the book nerd; a sexy one might I add.

The next boarding party came on, then the last. I pulled up the plastic window shade, pressed my face to the cool glass, and peered outside. I saw people working below, loading bags, refueling the plane, driving carts.

The flight attendant came on the loudspeaker and welcomed us in her chirpy voice to the flight from New York to the fabulous Athens, Greece. She explained all the safety rules with a dramatic presentation done by other flight attendants. She told us to fasten our seat belts, because take off will commence in a short while.

The plane remained at the gate for a long time, and the passengers started to get restless. At long last, we taxied out and rumbled at the end of the runway for a time. Then the gentle electronic chime sounded, signaling we were clear for take-off. The pilot floored it, slamming me back against my seat. I guess he was in a hurry to get to Athens.

As we climbed into the sky, the loudspeaker clicked, and the attendant came on again, announcing she would be coming around with the drinks. I heard someone stop by the end of my row, probably the flight attendant.

"Excuse me," someone chirped sweetly.

I looked up and saw a woman in her early 20's. She had long natural blond hair styled to perfection; curled at the tips - the whole hairstyling shebang. She had almond shaped deep green eyes, and had a good nose, slightly upturned. Her lips was curled into a seductive smile. She had on an elegant one piece pink sleeveless dress that fell above her knees. Probably Chanel. She paired it up with white pumps and to complete the chic look, she had on pearl earrings and necklace.

She wasn't looking at me though.

Her eyes were directed to the gorgeous hunk sitting next to me - whose nose was stuck in a book.

The woman seemed miffed that he wasn't acknowledging her so she tried again. This time it was a bit loud and screechy."Excuse me!"

He jumped a little from his seat, the book he was holding almost slipping from his grasp. He looked up."How may I help you?" he asked politely, though his eyes held annoyance.

The woman smiled. "Hi. My name's Amanda," she thrusted her hand in front of him in all eagerness to exchange physical pleasantries.

Derek however looked unsure but nevertheless received her outstretched hand with his own."Pleasure. I'm Derek."

Her smile widened. It looked horrendously creepy. "Such a masculine name," she purred batting her eyelashes to achieve the flattering look.

I fought a snort threatening to escape my lips. Was she for real? Of course its a masculine name, you ditz! Naming a girl Derek would be weird.

I heard a chuckle from a seat in front of me. I guess Cooper heard it too.

"Uh, thank you, I guess." Derek replied.

"So," she started as he advanced a little to him."What's your business in Athens? Vacation? Or work?" she asked.

Derek shot her a blank look. One thing I knew about him was that he didn't like people prying into his affairs; be it business or personal."We are visiting someone," he said curtly, though he was trying to be amiable.

She quirked her eyebrows."We? You're not traveling alone?"

I see. She assumed immediately that he was alone. Blind hag. She had shit for brains tantamount to a toddler level. I cleared my throat to make my presence known. "No. He isn't alone," I muttered.

A chuckle emanated from a seat in front of me, again. Damn Cooper. Not helping, dude!

Amanda darted her eyes to me. "Oh! Didn't see you there," she said as though it slipped her mind. She flicked her eyes back to Derek, head tilted to the side."Is she your sister?"

Finally, a snort emerged from my mouth. First she was blind, and now she was an expert on family characteristics? If only she could look closely between Derek and I, the resemblance was so NOT uncanny.

He shot me a warning look, clearly glowering at my unceremonious attitude. "What?" I asked in feigned innocence.

He rolled his eyes and looked back at Amanda. Obviously, she looked smug that Derek gave me that scolding look but that was wiped off when he spoke,"No, she's my girlfriend," he said with pure vehemence.

HOLAY MOLAY.

Did he just said that I was his girlfriend? The flying dinosaurs in my stomach had tripled the flapping; hence intensified the fluttery feeling. Surely, he would have said I was his ward, best friend, or freaking hell agreed that I was his sister, but girlfriend? But sadly, he just said that to get rid of her.

Once again, I heard an all too familiar chuckle. Oh god. Remind me to strangle the life out of that pure blood!

Amanda, however, was stunned like she had been tased, but that didn't deter her. She didn't get the hint."Oh," she started. "Well, I'm sure your girlfriend won't mind switching seats with me. I'm traveling alone and bored," she pouted, pulling off the puppy eye look."It would be nice to talk to someone."

For some sick reason, she reminded me of Ciara. I shuddered.

I glanced at Derek. He weighed his options on what to do. I knew he didn't had the heart to be disconcerting and rude. For him, chivalry was not dead, and refusing a woman's plight was a mortal sin. He exhaled a frustrated sigh and politely smiled at her. "Sure." God Derek! Grow some backbone!

Amanda looked ecstatic, her smile had now form into a devilish grin.

"Is it okay to switch seats?" he asked.

She nodded her head vigorously. "Yes, it is quite alright to switch seats. We could basically do whatever we want since this is first class."

Gah.

I looked up at Derek, who watched me with dark blue, blue eyes. I tried to say something. Nothing came out of my throat.

Then I decided to heck with it. She was not worth my growing retaliation; potty mouth style.

I unbuckled my seat belt and stood up. "What's your seat number?" I muttered.

She smirked. Her body slanted to clear the veiw and nudged her chin as she spoke,"Aisle seat, 8D."

Craning my neck, I mentally count the seat numbers as my eyes roved the aisles. When I found what I was looking for, I didn't bother to hide my scowl. There was a pudgy gray haired man with a hard face sitting right next to it. No wonder she wanted to switch.

Grunting, I begrudgingly slid out of our row and headed for that blasted aisle.

"You can sit right next to me, kiddo."

THANK YOU, COOPER!

I stopped mid stride and whirled around. I shot him a grateful smile, which he in turn rolled his eyes, but smiled nevertheless. Why hadn't I realized the seat next to him was empty? That, I didn't know. Maybe my mind was too centered on Derek and his close proximity.

I walked to his row. Before I plonked down next to him, I averted my gaze to Amanda. The look of annoyance swept across her features and I just couldn't help but smirk at her. I settled into the seat Cooper offered for me. "You're a lifesaver," I said.

He kissed my cheek softly."Anything for you, kiddo."

                                                                          ********************

I couldn't take it anymore.

"Oh Derek, that was so funny," she said.

So help me god, one more giggle from her...

She giggled.

To tell hell with dignity!

 I had enough of her canoodling with my Derek. I attempted to unbuckle my seat belt however, Cooper placed a hand on it to stop me from my planned rampage.

'Don't let her get to you.'

Huh? What was that?

He rolled his eyes. 'Chill out will you.'

Okay, this was freaking me out. Was he talking to me? But his mouth was closed! I bent my head to the side and give him the 'what the hell' look.

'Reagan, it's called telepathy."

Maybe I should try that telepathy thing. Galerians had powerful minds after all. 'Hello? This is a microphone test. Hello?' I said to him mentally.

His eyes went wide, shock swept across his handsome face. 'Whoa. I didn't think you could respond.'

I sighed. 'I thought it wouldn't work but I guess it did.'

He smirked. 'You want to get rid of that witch behind us?'

I frowned. 'What do you have in mind?'

He held up a finger. 'Hold on a second.' He leaned down to grope something underneath his seat. He pulled it out. It was his backpack. He zipped it open then started rummaging through the contents. After a while, a conspiratorial smile emerged from his lips.

Cooper was now on prankster mode.

'Aha!' he exclaimed. He brandished the thing that seemed to look like a chocolate bar in front of my face.

I gave him a deadpanned look. 'Seriously, a chocolate bar? Death by cavities?' He was out of his marbles. What on earth could a chocolate do?

He smirked. 'Look closely. It's not an ordinary chocolate.'

I peered closely at the packaging. 'Chocolax.' I said.

He nodded. 'It's a laxative in a form of a chocolate. Pretty much popular for girls who wanted to lose weight without feeling the guilt.'

Now I'm confused. What was he planning about to do with the laxative? I frowned. 'Your point being?' I asked.

He rolled his eyes. 'Watch the master work.'

Cooper stared at the pretty flight attendant who was standing near the flat screen TV mounted on the wall. She met his gaze. In a manner of seconds, her eyes glazed over as though she was in a trance. She robotically walked towards our row. "Is there something I can help you with?" she asked, her voice devoid of emotion.

What did Cooper do to her?

Cooper smiled but he looked focused. His forehead was creased and jaw clenched. He handed her the laxative."You will give this to the lady wearing a pink dress behind us. Place this on a fancy plate. Tell it's a complimentary indulgement."

She nodded and took the laxative. "Of course," she smiled and headed to the pantry.

'What did you do?' I asked him.

He shrugged. 'Compulsion. It's one of my gifts.'

'So what now?' I asked.

He smirked. 'We wait.'

After a few minutes, the flight attendant came out holding a plate. I hold in a breath - my heart pounding. Why did I agree to this in the first place? Oh yeah, it was the doofus' idea. If something goes wrong, Derek wouldn't let me see the light of day for this. I gulped at the thought.

She stopped on their row and smiled. "Hello. A sweet indulgement for the beautiful woman. Compliments from the house."

'Cooper, tell Derek not to eat the chocolate if the witch offers her one.' I hastily said to his mind.

He nodded. 'One step ahead of you, kiddo.'

"Oh, thank you! I love chocolates," Amanda exclaimed with gusto. "Would you like one Derek?" she purred. Ew.

"No, thank you. I don't have a sweet tooth," he declined. Whew!

"Okay," she said.

I turned back to Cooper. 'Did you tell him about the chocolate?' I asked him.

He chuckled and shook his head. 'I just told him something along the lines of potty break number 2.'

I rolled my eyes. 'Okay so what happens next?'

'Again, we wait.' he said.

Amanda was still gushing about the yummy chocolate and how sinful it was. I was growing irritated, and the more she flirted on Derek, the more I got agitated. The way she squealed and giggled was so annoying, and I was so ready to cheerfully choke her to death.

Out of nowhere, she farted.

Puuurrrttt!

"Oh my god!" she cried.

Puuurrrttt! Puuurrrttt!

I snickered.

Puuurrrttt!

"Um, I need to go to the bathroom," she said. "I'll be right back," I heard shuffling from the back and footsteps pounded on the carpeted floor until it was gone.

Cooper and I broke out laughing.

"Damn! That's gonna leave a mark!" Cooper chortled, trying to speak through the laughter.

I giggled. "I know. God, that fart was so watery!"

I heard a sigh behind us. A buckle snapped and then some shuffling. I glanced up and saw Derek stood in front of our row and gave us a playful glare. "You two are impossible. That was rude but funny," he said, eyeing us with amusement.

Cooper shrugged. "You can't really hate us."

I grinned. "Yeah, you love us to much."

Derek sighed. "Oy vhey."                                                             

                                                          *******************************

We arrived Athens around night time.  The people filed off, looking extremely happy to be headed home or to a hotel.

The Athens international airport was hectic when we got out of the plane. We got ourselves checked from immigration, gone through security and made our way to the arrival gate where a service car waited for us, courtesy of the hotel.

Derek had arranged for our accomodation before we left New York. He said we would be staying at  Hotel Grande Bretagne. I had no idea what it looked like, but I guess I just have to find out.

I leaned on the window and sighed. I couldn't believe I'm finally in Greece, where everything began.  I just hope dad was alright and in good health. Derek said he would call him tomorrow and let him know we arrived. We couldn't trust anybody at this moment, so we needed to be on our toes.

Athens was really beautiful. Though it was night time, I could see the streets bustling with people here and there. The ancient glory was still intact, upholding the greek beginnings; with its intricate moldings and classic decor, you could never go wrong with its authenticity.

We arrived at the hotel and let me tell you, my jaw literally dropped to the ground.  It was so huge, like a gigantic box structure with pillars and marble carvings paying homage to ancient greek structure. The service car pulled over at the entrance. We got out and wandered to the front desk, where a concierge and a receptionist greeted us with big smiles.

The reception area was very detailed with its massive marble pillars on both sides of the wall. They were two masthead decoration on the corner. The desk was mahogany with an intricate design. I could tell the maker toiled for that masterpiece.

"Welcome to Athens," the pretty receptionist chirped.

Derek smiled and relayed all the information they needed. It took 15 minutes for him to sort things out and after that, the receptionist handed us our individual card keys for the Royale Suite. One for Cooper and one for Derek and I.

Secretly, I was thrilled about bunking with Derek. Ever since I had that nightmare, he was weary and concerned. He decided that it was best for him to be at close proximity, just in case something bad happens.

When everything was done, we wandered to the elevator with bellboys in tow. The doors opened and we all got inside and Derek pressed the button for 5th floor.  

                                                                    ****************************

The moment Derek closed the door to our suite, I was lost for words.

Everything looked so elegant and classy. The living room had shabby sheek couches and was adorned with throw pillows. The place was furnished with timeless cherry wood pieces, which I'm sure was worth a thousand smackaroos. The fireplace was marble clad and on the far end corner was an antique piano. There was an entertainment area where a large flat plasma TV was mounted on the wall with a DVD player and stereo equipment. A dining table that held a 16 seat capacity was stationed right next to the living room.

Wow.

"You like it, little one?" Derek said, breaking me out of my reverie.

I swung around and grinned. "I love it."

There was a wall that divided the living room to another area. I went around it and gasped. It was the most gorgeous bedroom I have ever seen. The bed was so huge and the head rest had a golden pipping design around the edges. A two small lampshade was perched on both ends of the head rest, serving as a night light. The furniture adorned in the bedroom was similar to the living room. Classic and elegant. I stared back at the bed. It looked so soft and comfy and all I wanted to do was jump in and lounge all day.

But you know what? I did it anyway.

I ran head on and jump on the soft cushion giggling like a little girl on Christmas morning. Derek chuckled at my reaction and did the same. I bounced when he landed. He scooted closer to me and wrapped his arms around me tightly. He sighed in content as he placed a chin above my head.

"Thank you, Derek," I murmured in his chest.

"For what?" he asked.

"For helping," I replied.

He chuckled. "You know I would do anything for you," he added. "I love you."

If he only knew how my heart reacted to those words. I sighed and leaned back . I stared at him as I uttered the words that truly meant with all my heart. "As I love you."

He kissed my forehead and I leaned back into his chest savoring the sweet moment. I felt my eyes droop as the excitement died down, tiredness sinking in.

I knew we need to change into our pajamas, but that didn't matter to us.

What mattered was this; Derek and I. Nothing more, nothing less.

Before I drifted into the world of dreams, I faintly heard a whisper that said, "One day, you will be mine."

*****************************

Song choice of the moment:

Best thing I never had by Beyonce

Still not connected to the chapter but this song hit me like a battering ram. I could so relate to this song. HEHE! Thank god I dodge the bullet :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8K 98 44
"So what did you think of the assignment?" He persisted in getting an answer but Bailey had another conversation already in mind. "I noticed you loo...
291K 11.7K 41
The new boy at our school. Practically every girl wants him and secretly I do too. He's tall, handsome, Athletic, and sweet from what I've seen. But...
230K 10.2K 44
Werewolves and Vampires is the story of, you guessed it, werewolves and vampires. Lila Silver had been a pretty normal girl until her sixteenth birth...
797 3 25
Reagan Moore's life sucked. Her parents died in a car crash (that she survived) when she was seven, her aunt and uncle never treat her and her cousin...