Nine Boys... Then There's Me...

By Katherin3Coitier

A royal wolf is a majestic creature created from the moon herself when she had taken physical form on earth... More

Nine Boys... Then There's Me. {A Royal Wolves Story}
Nine Boys...- Chapter 2
Nine Boys...- Chapter 3
Nine Boys...- Chapter 4
Nine Boys...- Chapter 5
Nine Boys...- Chapter 6
Nine Boys...- Chapter 7
Nine Boys...- Chapter 8
Nine Boys...- Chapter 9
Nine Boys...- Chapter 10
Nine Boys...- Chapter 11
Nine Boys...- Chapter 12
Nine Boys...- Chapter 13
Nine Boys...- Chapter 14
Nine Boys...- Chapter 15
Nine Boys...- Chapter 16
Nine Boys...- Chapter 18
Nine Boys...- Chapter 19
Nine Boys...- Chapter 20
Nine Boys...- Chapter 21
Nine Boys...- Chapter 22
Nine Boys...- Chapter 23
Nine Boys...- Chapter 24
Nine Boys...- Chapter 25
Nine Boys...- Chapter 26
Nine Boys...- Chapter 27
Nine Boys...- Chapter 28
Nine Boys...- Chapter 29
Nine Boys...- Chapter 30
Nine Boys...- Chapter 31
Nine Boys...- Chapter 32
Nine Boys...- Chapter 33
Nine Boys...- Chapter 34
Nine Boys...- Chapter 35
Nine Boys...- Epilogue
Author's Note

Nine Boys...- Chapter 17

80.9K 1.1K 84
By Katherin3Coitier

Chapter Seventeen

    Wednesday was better than Tuesday by far. Claw joked around with me and the guys. He was excited about the meet after school. I was so happy to see him starting to get used to being here. That he was starting to strike a balance knowing how split my time was between so many.

    It wasn't till lunch that things got quite interesting. We walked in and stopped. My brother frowned at me with worry in his eyes. "Whose that crying all over Daemon?"

    The hairs on the back of my neck were standing on end seeing Clare so close to Daemon. "That would be Clare. You remember what I told you about her."

    Claw frowned as he nodded and helped me over to the table. Daemon was frowning as he looked at me. Clare looked up and then pulled away from him before rising and pulling both my brother and me into a tight hug crying her eyes out. I was stunned and very shocked that she was like this.

    I looked at Daemon and he sighed. "Today is the anniversary of her mom's funeral." His voice wasn't very high. Only those at our table and us could hear.

    My good leg started to ache and I grabbed my brother's shirt. He looked at me and nodded stiffly. He pulled Clare against him as he looked straight at Daemon who seemed to get the message. Daemon got up and came to my rescue. Clare was oblivious to me being taken away and my brother, though he was being brave, looked utterly in pain at holding a blubbering girl. It was torturing me just watching it not to mention feeling it in our twin way.

    Daemon helped me to sit down and held me. My brother coaxed Clare into a seat next to him. Daemon kept his arms around me as if I was his talisman to ward off Clare's advances. I was more than happy to be.

    "She's like this every year for the past five years." Daemon whispered into my ear.

    I frowned braking away from the scene and looked at Daemon. "How did her mom died?" My voice was just a whisper as I didn't want Clare to hear me asking.

    He frowned. "Rogues killed her. Clare was the one who found her mother. Her dad went into a rage hunting down the rogue himself and killing it barehanded. Neither was the same after that. Mason turned angry. Clare became..."

    I touched his lips with the tips of my fingers. "I get it." My eyes went back to Clare seeing her a bit differently. Somehow knowing how similar we were, I didn't feel a kin to her. I just couldn't put my finger on it, but I still didn't like her.

    "Thankfully she's not all over me so much this year." Daemon grimaced. "After school she had always wanted sex. I think it was to try and ease the pain of not having her mom. Sex is her escape."

    My frown deepened. I knew people were different when they handled grieving, but sex as an escape? My mind couldn't wrap around that concept.

    Five years. That would have made Clare about twelve or thirteen. At the start of puberty. To start having those urges at that time and not have your mother could explain it. I don't know what I would have done without my mom to help me understand what was happening to me.

    God. I remember when I had my first period. I ran to my mom crying and it took a good ten minutes before I could tell her where I was bleeding. All I could tell her was that there was blood. She was beyond worried.

    My dad and my brother were out with Sarah to the store. We had been baking for a party at Sarah's school when we ran out of some ingredients. Sarah insisted on going so she can make sure the boys got what we needed.

    I had gone to the bathroom to pee and that's when I saw the blood. My hands had shook the whole way back to the kitchen. Tears streaming down my face blurring my vision.

    When I finally managed to tell her, she started laughing. She pulled me to her and started to sooth me in between her laughs. She told me that everything was fine. That I wasn't dying like I was insisting. My mom guided me into the bathroom showing me both pads and tampons. It was a bit embarrassing, but I was glad to have my mom helping me.

    Clare didn't have that. Didn't have anyone there to show her how to use a pad or tampon. No one there to understand the pain of a cramp or the pain of a headache during that small time each month. No one there to make sure she had everything she needed for that time.

    No one but her dad.

    A guy wouldn't know the small things that happens. The things that we women keep to ourselves about that time. She had to bare it alone. To figure things out as they came.

    That must be why she seeks guys for comfort. She only had her dad and I don't know how comforting her dad could have been. Every time I saw him, he was growling at me and telling Derek to teach me my place. I couldn't see him being comforting. Demanding, yes. Comforting, no.

    Clare stayed glued to my brother throughout the whole lunch. Poor guy barely had the room or opportunity to eat the whole time. A few bites snuck here and there. I stuffed some of his lunch into my bag near the end. He gave me a sad smile of thanks. He could eat during study hall.

    She looked up to my brother as the bell ring. "Will you please walk me to class? I don't think I could make it by myself."

    My brother sighed before he nodded helping her up. Glancing over, he looked like he hated seeing a girl like that. "See you guys soon." He went off with Clare as Daemon helped me out of the cafeteria.

    "I never realized how clingy she gets when she's upset."

    I nodded. "I understand it though."

    He shook his head. "But for five years? Shouldn't it lessen?"

    I frowned. "It was her mom. The only female in the world to help her through turning into a woman. You wouldn't understand that kind of pain." I turned my head away as a tear fell. "I do."

    I had wanted my parents there when I turned to wolf. That was like becoming a woman. But I still had Daemon and his family. So many surrounding me when I was scared of what happened. Clare didn't have that. She needed her mom, and her mom had been taken from her at the peak of when she needed her the most.

    Daemon sighed heavily and pulled me close as we drew close to the classroom. "Sorry baby." His words sounding like he regretted saying anything.

    I shook my head. "You were just voicing your thoughts."

    Just before the bell rang, my brother came in taking off his button down shirt that was soaked. He looked at me frowning. "I didn't know a girl could produce so many tears."

    Shrugging I watched him stuff the shirt into his bag. "She's upset. I don't doubt Nick had a soaked shoulder that first night when he told me his name. I think I scared the living sh... out of him." I stopped myself from swearing in class. It's something I hate doing as most teachers will give you detention for saying any swear words.

    Daemon chuckled just as the dark professor started the class. The topic being dropped as none of us wanted to get into trouble for talking while the teacher did. Especially with this teacher. Who knows what his detention was like. I see cleaning the beakers with the world's tiniest toothbrush.

    All three of us groaned when the dark professor told the whole class that Friday will be the first test on everything we've learn so far. My brother groaned the deepest as this was his first week of school and already there was a test that he had to take and manage to pass. There was no pity for him by our teacher.

    In study hall, I helped Claw continue to catch up on everything. It was actually nice to help him as it helped me make sure I knew everything. Reenforced all the lessons the teachers taught already.

    Claw was fast when he went to wash up after gym class. I think he was just excited to get back out on his bike. He confessed that ever since he saw his bike, he'd been itching just to touch it. All day he's been antsy in his seat. I think he could just taste the sweet scent of dirt. Feel the rush of air as he rode. All the things I loved about riding, he did too but more. He was the racer after all.

    I was barely able to give Daemon a kiss as Claw pulled me away from school, and to Derek's hummer that was waiting. Daemon laughed having just barely graced his lips with mine as my brother was demanding to get there first. That he wanted to be riding when everyone got there.

    Uncle Derek was smiling as Claw left my side and touched his bike. "Can't I ride it there?"

    Derek hook his head. "You don't know how to get there by street."

    My brother shrugged. "I could just go off roading."

    Derek shook his head. "Sorry son. I don't want to do that. What if you get hurt out there by yourself? It'd be hard enough to get to you let alone watch Nina whimper in pain because you are."

    Claw frowned closing the passenger door and buckling up. He crossed his arms. "I just want to ride again."

    Derek chuckled smiling. "I know son. I'll get you there as fast as I possibly can so you can sprint off with your bike and ride till the sun sets if you desire."

    My brother perked up. "Really?"

    "Yes son. My wife may rip me a new one, but I'll stay as long as you wish." Derek smiled looking the rearview mirror at my brother who was happy beyond everything. "I did tell her to expect I might."

    We arrived and Claw was the first out and to the bikes. Mine would stay on the trailer as I can't ride right now with this bloody cast on my leg still. Derek walked over to my passenger door and helped me out while my brother unhooked his bike and was off. It was good seeing my brother that happy. I hoped that this helps him mend more mentally. He needs it.

    From what I could tell, we were the first ones here. The others must still be getting their bikes and get here. Helps having a guardian that thinks of things like bringing our bikes for us. But I could have sworn that I saw at least one bike hitched to the back of a pickup in the parking lot today.

    Soon I saw two trucks with trailers pull into the parking lot. I saw Jet get out of one truck and he smiled at me waving as he moved to his trailer and unhooked his own bike. The other truck was Kane, the sexist who thinks I should just never show up again. He just sneered seeing me and got his bike to. Before long all the guys were here.

    "Sorry to see you in a cast." Jet said frowning.

    I shrugged. "I'll be out of it Friday and be able to ride next week."

    My brother choose that moment to make his presence known. I knew he saw all the guys around me and felt a little left out. He did his classic midair twist that I showed him long ago near the entrance of the race track.

    "Dude! Who's that?" Kane said in shock.

    "You guys heard that my brother survived, right?" I said with a proud smile.

    All the guys turned to me with their jaws dropped. "You're not saying that that is Claw!?!" Kane actually talked to me with awe.

    I smiled and nodded. "He wants to join the club." I bit my lip. "Is that okay?"

    "Are you kidding me? He can take your place."

    Jet pushed Kane's shoulder for that comment. "No they are both in the club. He's the racer and she's the trickster. A perfect combo that will have everyone scare to even go up against us." All the guys voiced their agreement.

    Kane grumbled but conceded the majority just as my brother pulled up to us. He removed his helmet and smiled. "God it feels good to be back on the track." He glanced around. "Hi, I'm Claw."

    "Oh, we know. You are a living legend." Kane offered my brother his hand.

    My brother looked at the hand and raised his eyebrow at me. "Which one is he?" I cocked my head to the side giving my brother the look he knew when I didn't like someone. My brother looked at the hand again then looked at Kane. "Guessing you're the sexist jerk, Kane."

    Kane growled before he shot me a nasty look and mounting his bike going to the track. All the guys shook their heads at Kane. They didn’t like how he was taking everything or the fact there was a girl still on the team. Kane seemed to be like Clare. Preconceived notions about what was proper for a girl and what was improper. I was a normal girl and I never will be as I was a royal. One of the two last royals in the whole world.

    The guys sighed before they ignored Kane. Everyone discussed their plans for each meet. Before long Derek was sitting next to me and we were watching the guys race. It was so good to see my brother laughing and having fun. He seemed even more in control of his bike now that he was full wolf.

    Half way through the meet, my brother came over smiling. He flopped down and Derek handed him a water. “I have missed this so much. These guys are fun!” He smiled at me. “Thanks sis for asking me to join.” He kissed my cheek.

    I laughed. “You’re welcome. You feeling like yourself again?”

    He laughed. “More than ever!!!” He chugged the water as he laid down on the bench on his back. His helmet rested on the ground. His jacket was unzipped and hanging from his sides.

    The sun was starting to set when my brother had his fill. He was still a bundle of bouncing beans on the ride back to the house. He couldn’t stop talking about how he couldn’t wait for Sunday to come. Couldn’t wait to be back on his bike again.

    Derek looked happy to see my brother happy. I think it was because it made me happy to see my brother like this. Like nothing happened and he was as he always had been. The same care free guy that i had always known and loved.

    The millisecond we were through the door, I was pulled up from my feet and held tight. Daemon sighed in relief as he took a deep breathe of my scent. When he pulled back I saw him frowning. “You stayed out late.”

    I lifted up on my tippy toes and kissed him lightly. “Sorry baby.” I giggled as he smiled. That was the first time I said that. He’s been calling me that a lot so it was about time I stated using that term of endearment.

    Daemon chuckled as he carried me into the kitchen with my feet still dangling without touching the floor. “We saved you three dinner.”

    I giggled still against Daemon’s chest. “And why am I still on you?”

    He pouted playfully. “I missed you. It’s good feeling you in my arms.”

    Shaking my head at him, I just smiled. How could I feel so perfect in his arms? That we were perfect together. He could make me blush at the slightest comment. My heart was his and I knew I was a goner every time I saw him or heard someone talk about him.

    Daemon set me down and turned to my brother. “How was the meet?”

    My brother immediately went into telling Daemon and anyone who was in the the kitchen about the meet. How he beat all the guys. Everything. He was bouncing in his seat the whole time and barely got bites in between his words.

    “You should have been there when Claw gave Kane a shower of dirt.” I smiled at Daemon. “Worse than the one I gave you.”

    Daemon laughed so loud it vibrated the whole kitchen. “You can do it again if you want.” He grinned brightly leaning closer. “I’d love to see you ride again. I was in awe as I watched before not knowing why.” He stroked my cheek. “Now I do.” He paused for a breathe. “My mate.”

    Derek sighed. “At least we’re not at the dinner table.” Then he tapped his chin. “I wonder if I was that bad when Macy and I first were together.”

    The guys that were in the kitchen laughed. “What are you talking about? You two are still like us.” Daemon said. “You are just more subtle about your gooeyness. We haven’t mastered that yet.”

    I giggled and blushed. My brother shook his head. “We’re lucky they aren’t like this during school hours. Thank heavens they don’t act lovey dovey during Chem class.”

    The guys laughed and we sat for a little longer before we all went upstairs for bed. Daemon begged for a little longer with me at my door. I crumbled and let him come in while I changed in my walk-in closet.

    I came out of my closet to find Daemon laid out on my bed without a shirt on and a pair of lounge pants on. “When did you change?”

    He smiled devilishly. “While you did.” He pointed to the pile of his clothes on one of my side tables. “I had hid my lounge pants in here earlier as I wanted to watch you fall asleep in my arms tonight.” He pouted a little. “I really missed you this afternoon.”

    I giggled as I slipped into my bed and snuggled up to him. “I like this plan.”

    He chuckled and in one quick movement he was hovering over me. “You know my wolf wants more.” His nose ran up the column of my neck. My breathe hitching with the tingling feeling his touch brings.

    He pulled back and looked at me a little more soberly. “But I hold him back.” He stroked my hair. “I want to show you that I love the woman you are. Not what a demanding wolf I have. I love you.”

    I smiled at him and caressed his cheek. “I love you too.” I was sure now. I was in love with him and felt comfortable saying it. Knowing he wasn’t forcing me into anything, that just concreted the feeling I had for him.

    He groaned and the sound made my chest tight. My body felt funny and my pulse was picked up. It picked up more as he leaned down and started to kiss me. I felt his love pour into the kiss.

    His hands slid down my arms and to my sides. My hands went to his upper arms. Feeling his muscles move as he caressed my body. The feeling was amazing. He was studying my body with how slow he touched each part.

    He broke our kiss and slowly kissed my cheeks and then graced my neck. His fingers found the bottom of my tank top and I felt it start to rise up. It inched painfully slow.

    My fingers traced the outline of his muscles. My chest tightened more with anxiety and nervousness. What was he doing to me? All this was making me tremble a bit.

    Daemon pulled up from me. His breathes ragged. The look in his eyes was worry. “You’re trembling.” He pulled back more. “I’m going too fast.”

    I blushed. “I’m just nervous a bit.” I bit my lip. “But you’re not going too fast.” My hand touched his strong muscles again. “I’ve just never felt so...” I swallowed deeply. “Heated before.”

    His eyes watched as my fingers went down his arm. He flipped his hand over so I could touch his palm. The feel of his skin being so tight yet soft.

    As my fingers started to glide back up, his fingers slid in between of mine. He brought my hand up to his lips and gave it a sweet kiss. He kissed more and started to kiss up my arm. I breathed slow and deeply the higher he got.

    “Nina? You still awake?” Daemon groaned lowly at the sound of Nick’s voice, not my brother but Daemon’s. The sound of disappointment.

    Daemon kissed me lightly. “I’ll see you in the morning.” He got up and walked to the door.

    Nick stood on the other side frowning. “I hope I didn’t interrupt anything.” He looked uncomfortable in the hall.

    I shook my head sitting up. “Come on in.” He did closing my door but not all the way. Only Daemon and my brother had any permission to have the door closed. Everyone else had to leave it open partially. “What you want to see me about?”

    He leaned against the wall and looked down. “I was wondering if we could hang out tomorrow.” He shrugged sighing. “Nat is busy now.”

    I frowned as I held my hands out to him. “You want a hug?”

    He nodded coming over and wrapping his arms around my waist laying his head on my shoulder. “Want to talk about it?”

    “He’s got a girlfriend.”

    I pulled back in shock. “When did that happen?”

    He sighed. “Today after practice.”

    I pulled him back to my shoulder. “It’ll be okay. Are they mates?” He shook his head and I smiled. “Everything will be okay. Maybe in a few dates, they’ll know that it isn’t anything. That they just like each other but aren’t right. You’ll have your brother back.”

    Nick sighed. “I hope you’re right.” He looked up at me. “Can I slept here with you tonight? Dad said it would be okay and if Daemon isn’t cool with it, he can slept in here too.”

    Just then the door opened and Daemon had a change of clothes in his hand. “If you stay, I’m staying.”

    I smiled. “I wonder if my brother wants to sleep in here with us.” I blushed. “I want to sleep as wolf.”

    My brother burst in already in his wolf form. He boldly leapt onto my bed and got comfortable in the center. Daemon smiled as he pulled me up from my bed and to my bathroom. He gave me a deep passionate and possessive kiss before he closed the door.

    I shifted in a daze. The daze stayed as I left the bathroom room and found all three on my bed. Nick was the first to lay down. I went next and laid with my front to his back. Claw put his back to mine with his shoulders at the small of my back. Daemon turned the light off before he laid down and placed his head on my shoulder. We drifted to sleep like that.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

140K 6.6K 43
nova lives in a sea of grey. her world is a dull canvas, bleak and lifeless. having grown up with an unorthodox background, in a poor urban town wit...
275K 13.1K 64
'"I cannot feel this way. You clearly don't feel-" "I do though." He interrupts me. I finally look up to meet his eyes. It holds so much sadness. "Be...
339K 17.2K 69
*NOTE: THIS STORY HAS TWO PARTS IN ONE BOOK* In the werewolf fables told to their children, was a story--- a legend--- of a ruler--- a leader--- who...
149K 4.6K 42
I could feel its presence from behind me. I tried walking faster, but I could feel it slowly pacing near me. I turned around, expecting a dark, hide...