Heaven Nor Hell (Romania x Pu...

By cloudstar

More

Introduction
B (bay) - Break*^

A (ah) - Amant

64 3 5
By cloudstar

     The sky was in somewhat of a depression, with menacing grey clouds blotting out the sun and making an unspoken promise of rain. Days like these always brought Elijah down, due to his bipolarism causing him to be sensitive to weather. He and Lecia had been driving in the dreary day, upon Elijah's request. Since he was feeling so down, he wanted to see someone he knew would make him smile. Throughout the ride that seemed to drag on for hours, Elijah was making a desperate attempt to cling to the cheerful thought of spending time with one of his close friends.

     Lecia made attempts to lighten the mood in the car by starting light conversation, which Elijah would monotonously take a part in. He was simply in the wrong mindset to be starting conversation at that point. Something about that made Elijah feel somewhat guilty, as if he was insulting Lecia by refusing to take an active part in the conversation. His fears were dithered slightly when he saw that she wore no expression of hurt, but rather one of a gentle understanding. So much like a mother, he thought to himself. The thought had made him smile, and he suddenly didn't mind driving along in the rainy atmosphere.

     The drive lasted no longer than a few minutes, much to the joy of Elijah. A part of him sparked with excitement; he had not told his friend that he would be coming over, so he was, with a sort of childish wonder, looking forward to the look on his friend's face. Lecia, however, was looking forward to being able to see and visit with her "brother" (the two aren't related in that sense, but they're close enough to be siblings. Anyone who was unaware of this would believe that they had been siblings from the start).

    Elijah led Lecia to the home's front door and knocked on it three times. For some reason, Elijah's heart had start to race and he felt a dim flare of nervousness arise in his stomach and throat. He'd hoped his sudden nervousness hadn't shown on his face, should he concern Lecia. The door opened to a face that Elijah had enjoyed seeing, but wasn't quite the friend that he was expecting.

     "Allo-- .... TORYYYY!!!!!"

     Elijah was suddenly gripped in a crushing, death-hug from Dragomir, his friend's little brother. Elijah felt his breath catch in his throat, yet somehow managed a choked laugh.

     "D-Drago, I c-can't breathe!"

     "Oops!~ Sorry, Tory~" Despite Elijah's complaint, Dragomir only released his grip slightly, just enough for him to breathe. Even still, he struggled slightly for air.

     "So, what're you doing here? You didn't tell me you were coming over! If I had known, I would've made you something!! I would've planned something!! I would've..." Dragomir had begun to ramble at this point, and Elijah had stopped listening. However, he did nod and make comments on occasion, so as not to be rudely ignoring him. Lecia cleared her throat rather loudly to get Dragomir's attention.

     "Ahem, am I invisible?~" She held her arms out, requesting a hug and perhaps making an attempt to save Elijah from Dragomir's death hug. Dragomir let out an excited giggle and released Elijah from his clutches and squeezed Lecia with his arms of death. (A/N Sorry Drago! It was written out of love! <3) She chuckled and hugged him back nearly as tightly. Elijah smiled at the two, thinking with a sense of dark humor that if they kept hugging like that, one of them would explode like a balloon.

     "Drago, is Vassie here?"

     Dragomir was distracted by Elijah's question, and released his grip on Lecia.

     "Da, he's here~ Should be....... Well, I'm not sure where he is, but he is here~" Dragomir replied with a smile. Some part of him wondered exactly what Tory wants with his brother, but he shrugged the thought away and started chatting happily at Lecia. Elijah laughed lightly and made his way inside.

    "Vassie, are you here?" Elijah called out, without so much as a clue where his friend might be (no thanks to Dragomir, but it wasn't his fault). He wandered around a little while trying to figure out where Vasilica might be.

     "Amant, there you are~!"

     Elijah was engulfed in a hug for the second time today, only this one came from behind, shocking him slightly. He smiled and turned to greet his friend. However, there was something that stuck to his mind like tree sap; something about the way he'd been greeted. Amant...? What does that mean? He shrugged the thought off for a moment. That is, of course, until Vasilica looked as if he'd been slapped for a moment.

    "Vassie, are you okay?"

    Vasilica shook his head as if to clear his mind and his demeanor returned to normal.

     "Da I'm fine~" Elijah was a little unsure about the Romanian's response, but he didn't dwell on the feeling. But there was just something about that word that made him slightly crazy. What is "amant"? Why can't I just stop thinking about it? He let out a sigh, and a look of subtle concern crossed Vasilica's face.

     "Are you okay, Tory?"

     "Nein, not really. Rainy days always put me down..." Elijah shrugged his shoulders, internally glad that he had an excuse to cover his behavior which must've seemed out of place in Vasilica's eyes. The unusual burning curiosity sent a million impulses to ask Vasilica what "amant" meant, but some part of him countered each and every one of them and he kept quiet, left to suffer with his curiosity that annoyed him like an itch that's impossible to scratch without the help of another. The Romanian frowned slightly at Elijah's claim of being unhappy.

    "Really? I kinda like rainy days. Well, let's go make you happy again, da?~" It was for this reason that Elijah chose to visit Vasilica; he always knew ways to make him happy, no matter what. He already felt a flurry of feathers brushing against the inside of his core, sending bright waves of happiness through his body and mind. It was a refreshing feeling, but not quite strong enough to outshine the curiosity that still sent the impulses out.

     Elijah nodded, accepting his friend's request for happiness. Vasilica's mouth curved up in a sweet smile, a sight that sent the feathers in Elijah's stomach flying in a whirlwind of feelings. He took hold of Elijah's hand and started tugging him toward the door. Elijah felt a warm feather shoot up his arm and it translated into a soft smile on his face; he knew all at once that the day was soon going to be very bright for him. At this point, Lecia and Dragomir were busy chatting in the living room about completely random topics such as kittens in hats and what ice cream tastes like when you put salt on it.

     The man of Purgatory and the Romanian spent the day in various locations doing random things. The two ding-dong-ditched at a local ghetto (which didn't end well at all, Vasilica got hit with a baseball bat and Elijah almost got shot), randomly joined a dodgeball game at the town's rec center, and ate outside at a cafe. During the course of the incredibly fun day, Elijah's curiosity never quite subsided and always left a pinprick of annoyance in the back of his head.

     The duo ended their day at the park, sitting side by side underneath the tallest oak tree. Elijah was more than happy on this day, especially when the clouds finally let up and the sun shone once again. At last, he figured, that now would be as good a time as ever to ask Vasilica what that word had meant.

     "Hey Vassie. When you greeted me today, you called me "amant". What does that mean?" Elijah looked over at his friend, suddenly feeling a dense ball of nervousness solidify in his core, weighing down his insides and making them tingle oddly. He heard a strange noise in his ears and soon realized it was his own heartbeat. Vasilica looked slightly panicked, as if he'd known he'd have to explain himself, but wasn't expecting to at that moment.

    "O-oh, um.... It's nothing special, r-really..." He lied, not entirely convincingly. Elijah thought it had to be something special if he's having such a difficult time explaining it. He decided to push a little, hoping to get something out of his friend.

     "Nein, tell me, bitte. It can't be that bad, can it?"

    Vasilica appeared almost as nervous as Elijah'd felt. This must be really awkward for him... Elijah thought.

    "Alright, I'll tell you... Amant means 'lover'." Vasilica explained rather reluctantly, and looked at Elijah, scanning him for a reaction. Elijah's mind buzzed with conflicting thoughts.

     Did he mean to say that? It was probably just an accident. He seems like it just kinda slipped. But what if he did mean it? Does he feel that way about me? How long had he felt like that? Do I feel that way about him? I mean, he's a really really good friend and I can trust him with anything, but...

    "Tory?"

    He looks worried about me... Oh Gott, what do I say? I don't want to assume he meant it or he didn't, assuming just makes an ass out of--

    "Tory, answer me. You're making me nervous..."

     Some unspoken impulse sent from somewhere inside of Elijah was answered. Without even thinking, the Romanian was wrapped in Elijah's arms. Vasilica tensed, not expecting the hug, then let himself relax, even going as far as to return the hug.

     "Meinten Sie das? Ist, dass, wie Sie sich fühlen?" Elijah murmured, just loud enough for only Vasilica to hear him, and peered at him with wide, curious, forest green eyes. Vasilica's face flushed red and he stumbled slightly over his words.

     "D-da, cred că am făcut-o~" Vasilica offered a slight smile; a nervous one, sure, but it meant enough to Elijah. The feathers began their storm inside Elijah's core once again with increased intensity, sending the bright, powerful waves of joy to every nerve in his body. The waves became amplified when he felt Vasilica's lips press softly against his forehead.

     A warm smile lit up Elijah's face to meet with Vasilica's honey-sweet smile. The two held each other close and murmured to one another.

     "Ich liebe dich Vassie~"

     "Te iubesc, Tory~"

     A depressingly forecast day began, and ended with a soft sunset underneath the tallest oak tree in the park, a spot which will forever mean the world to the two males. Meanwhile at Vasilica's house, Lecia and Dragomir had started to argue over which country had the sexiest people.

~ Ende ~

---------------- TRANSLATIONS ------------------

Deutsch (German):

Nein - No

bitte - please / you're welcome (context tells the meaning; in this case, he's saying "please")

Gott - God

Meinten Sie das? Ist, dass, wie Sie sich fühlen? - Did you mean it? Is that how you feel?

Ich liebe dich - I love you

Ende - end

Român (Romanian):

Da - Yes

Allo - Hello

amant - lover

D-da, cred că am făcut-o~ - Y-yes, I guess I did~

Te iubesc - I love you

A/N "Tory" is Elijah's nickname used mainly by Vasilica. It is short for "Purgatory", as Elijah is the personification of Purgatory.

YOU GUYS, I AM SOOOOOOOO SORRY FOR THE UBER LATE UPDATE! (Eehee, that rhymed >u<) I've been busy with school, and I've had a lot of shit going on at home to get used to. ANYWAAAAY IT'S FINALLY HERE! THE FIRST REAL CHAPTER OF THE A-Z!! *sobs* I feel like I should've been halfway through by now... BUT NOW I HAVE TIME TO WRITE, so these'll be a little more frequent. (lol I hope)

AUF WIEDERSEHEN MEINE FRUENDE! (GOODBYE MY FRIENDS!)

Continue Reading