Together Again - District3...

By MyMindAmusesMe

[Book 1] - We've had a lot of bumps in the road. We were friends and lovers but we ended things, well he ende... More

Prologue
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Author's Note
Part 11
Author's Note
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Epilogue

Part 24

152 3 7
By MyMindAmusesMe

A/n: -

Apologies if this is boring, I just wanted to outline the boys' concern for Micky and sorry it's short and thanks for 4000 reads :) 

------------ 

Part 24: -

Dan’s POV

It was amazing news Ella just got, maybe Micky will calm down a little and take each day with ease. When he spoke to me, blaming himself for Ella’s conditions, I broke. It hurt me to think that he was hurting because he thinks he’s responsible for how badly her condition is. I don’t even know why he thinks it’s his fault, you can’t determine the pace cancer spreads or whether the treatment will work.

“You alright superman?” Lottie whispered as she wrapped her arms around me.

“Not really but I will be” I whispered back.

“It’s to do with Micky isn’t it?” She whispered.

“Yeah but I’ll sort it” I nodded. I didn’t wanna worry anyone else with the thoughts Micky told me. I couldn’t. We were finally, maybe getting to a happy place and I didn’t wanna put them down. It wasn’t worth putting them down.

   The rest of the guys and I left earlier than we were gonna leave because we needed to give Micky and Ella time with each other. They deserved it after the meltdown day they’ve both had. I just hope no one pestered me about what happened with Micky, I don’t think I could tell it without breaking down myself. I just didn’t realise Micky was that weak and vulnerable to it all. He really does love her, there’s no denying that. The way he ran to her and apologised for running out was amazing. If only people could see how much they love each other, then there might not be so much hate on Twitter and other things. I saw most of the names people were calling Ella and it sickened me. Here’s Ella, actually dying of cancer and people are telling her to go to die, that she’s a money grabbing bitch and all that bullshit. It’s horrible what people have degraded her as when they don’t even know her.

“Dan, what happened with Micky, when he ran out?” Rachel asked while looking out the car window.

“I’d rather not say because I don’t wanna upset you all. It was quite horrid with what I saw but hopefully he’s finally realising to deal with it”

“Dan, we won’t be upset with it. We’ve had worse with Ella. She broke down when Micky was gone. She started blaming herself for the torment it’s having on everyone. She said it was her fault for Micky being distant from you and Greg. She felt as if she was keeping him there for no reason,” Rachel continued saying.

“Micky thinks it’s his own fault too. He thinks that if he defied Alex and just stayed with Ella then she would’ve got her treatment earlier and then she might’ve been clear by now. He keeps having these thoughts of Ella dying, of her passing right there and then. He was crying earlier when I was speaking to him and I didn’t know what to do so I just stood there and spoke to him. Trying to make him see sense. I also don’t know if this is him just finally realising his feelings from two weeks ago, now. It’s like it but I don’t know. By the way, Greg, did you see the hate tweets towards Ella’s post on Micky’s Twitter?”

“I did and it’s ridiculous but we can’t justify anything. Can we?” Greg said while stroking Maria’s hair.

“I was thinking of doing a twitcam to put some things right. Yeah, we can’t tell anyone that they’re actually engaged but I was thinking of telling people their story, obviously taking out Ella’s cancer. It might make people see sense”

“It might but it could make things worse”

“I know that but Ella doesn’t deserve the hate, she’s facing a tough battle as it is and I think people need to lay off her,” I said as I parked in front of Ella’s house.

“If they girls and wanting to help justify the case then sure I’ll do it but if not then we don’t really have much back up” Greg said while exiting the car.

“I’m in. My best friend doesn’t deserve the hate being given to her and they’ve both seen the hate and yeah, Ella laughs it off but I know it hurts her,” Lottie said as she got out the car.

“Sorry, I’m off to bed. I’d love to help but little bubba in here is making me tired” Rachel said disappointedly.

“Hell yeah, I’m in. come on, I wanna make a cunt of the people who dare make a mockery of my best friend” Maria announced. We were actually doing this, yay! I was terrified, honestly, it was scary and I’m sure Micky would kill us if he knew we were doing this. He can only kill us once so it’s good.

Micky’s POV

“You ever gonna tell me why you freaked out?” Ella spoke softly from my side.

“If I tell you, will you promise not to freak out?”

“Micky, nothing else can really freak me out”

“I kept thinking of you dying. I couldn’t stop the thoughts, I kept worrying, and I kept having this feeling of something going really wrong. When Dan came and spoke to me, I broke down. I was blaming myself for the mess you’re in and I kept thinking you were angry with me for what I done. I just didn’t want to hurt you”

“Micky, I’ve forgiven you for the past. You were being blackmailed by Alex to end things with me. You were being blackmailed with a drunken mistake. I know you only kissed him once and then walked away feeling disgusted with yourself. As for these thoughts, you heard the doctor, my cancerous cells are decreasing so there’s a chance of me living through this and being healthy and happy again. I know I’ve lost a lot of weight due to this damn disease but I will regain it, even if it means I have to stuff my face full of chocolate and extremely fatty foods for two weeks, maybe more”

“You’ll make yourself sick woman. I wonder when you’re being let out or even help with your walking again. I just can’t wait to see you in that wonderful white gown walking down the aisle”

“Micky, you’ll see me in it soon. Knowing my mum, she’ll want it as soon as possible but stupid question what are gonna do once we are married. Like you still live with your mum and I live on my own”

“Well, obviously I’ll move in with you and the rest of the folks. You just live down the road from Dan and Greg so I’ll be closer to my best friends and we can all hang out and eat donuts all day long since you wanna be a fatty”

“Then I really will be princess puff. But seriously, you’d move in with the girls and me?”

“Ella, you’ll be my wife so wherever you are, I’ll be there and plus, Ben lives there too so I won’t be alone. I love you and I’ll be wherever you are. I’m actually surprised no one’s came and told me to get off your bed yet”

“I don’t think they care right now but Micky, thank you. I don’t know why I keep saying thank you but I do. I’m sorry for I don’t know. I just wish I could give you everything you need and desire”

“Ella, I have everything right here with you. I don’t care if we can’t have kids, we can always adopt or use a surrogate mother. You are my world and my passion. You are the one I’m spending my life with, if we get to have kids, great, if not we can do what I stated before. Ella as long as your safe, that’s all I care about”

“Mr Parsons, I’m gonna have to ask you to go home right now. Ella’s gonna be getting treatment in five minutes and it has to be a protected area. I apologise about this”

“It’s no worries. I’ll see you later princess,” I said as I kissed her on the head.

“I love you Micky”

“I love you too, now stay brave”

“I always am,” She said with a wary smile. I knew she wasn’t going to be as tough as she thought, she didn’t know the size of those damn needles. They were quite big.

    I was walking home listening to music through my headphones, I know we haven’t uploaded a cover since the one I made for Ella but with everything happening, it’s sort of forgotten about. We haven’t forgotten about our fans, Greg and Dan still talk to them. I try to but my mind always goes back to Ella and how she’s coping. I know she’s gonna be in pain so I don’t think it’s wise to visit her again tonight since the treatment will probably knock her out.

   I walked in Ella’s house, well the place she and I will be sharing with Rachel, Ben and Maria to find them all huddled round Ella’s laptop on Twitcam. Ella would kill them if she knew they were ransacking through her laptop.

“I hope you told Ella you were using her laptop,” I said mischievously. They all jumped and looked round at me. I was stood at the door watching them, their faces was a picture.

“Calm down, I was joking. Ella wouldn’t mind as long as you put it back where you got it. However, since you’re all on twitcam, can I say something? Dan, you probably know what I’ll be addressing”

“Micky, you sure? We could’ve done it for you,” Dan said.

“It needs to come from my mouth but give me a second; I’ll be back in five minutes” I made my way up to Ella’s bedroom; I was looking for pictures of her and I when we were kids. I know she’s not thrown them away, I doubt she could if she tried. I rummaged through her bedside table and found two pictures of us, one her parents snapped when she was with me at the age of two and the second of us at our prom. I don’t know why these pictures were so significant to her but it was sweet. My mum had all our pictures stuffed away in a photo album in a drawer. It was sweet to be honest with you but I knew those pictures would come out for the wedding. It was scary having them come out.

   I made my way back downstairs after looking at the pictures for a while. Ella’s normally a little chubbier than what she is right now but I know that’s because of the cancer. I just hope for the miracle.

    I sat myself down in front of Ella’s laptop and prepared myself, this was gonna be weird telling our life story to random strangers. It has to be done. I nodded towards Dan to let him know I was ready and he let the others know.

“Alright, this isn’t meant to be upsetting anyone. If it does, I don’t mean it to. Earlier I was going to the hospital and a few fans followed me. I had to run for my life but the person in the hospital is so damn important to me and she tweeted from my twitter account today explaining some things. However, there were a few death threats and nasty comments from people. Ella’s been my best friend since we were two; we’ve known each other for 16 years. We began dating when we were 14 but I loved her well before I asked her out. You also might remember me saying that I was single all through the x factor experience and I was, truly. Ella and I broke up because I was being blackmailed. If you read the interview the boys and I done with Sugarscape then you’ll know what I’m on about. Although, what I’m trying to say is, those comments you made about Ella, telling her to go die and that she’s a money-grabbing bitch hurt me. They might’ve not have hurt her but they hurt me. I love Ella and she’ll be in my life for as long as she can because unfortunately, she does have a life changing disease. There’s a chance Ella will pass away from the disease she has. You might’ve also noticed that I’ve not been communicating with fans much but Ella was in a coma for two whole weeks and I was sleeping there because I was scared. I was scared in case the moment before she collapsed was my last with her. You might not like Ella but can I ask you not to make nasty comments against her, telling her to go die especially when she’s going through so much at the one time. Ella and I haven’t had the best of luck lately but we’re getting there together. Thank you for listening to my rant but before I go, if you don’t believe me that Ella and I were and still are best friends, I’ll show you a picture of us when we were two and a picture of us at our prom when we were 16” I showed the pictures and then walked off. I controlled my tears well through that because I was literally dying inside. I just hope they don’t think of it as a dig towards them.

Greg’s POV

Micky’s really brave doing that because I would’ve broke down. Dan would’ve probably broke too. The comments were coming in thick and fast, some were nice and others were horrible.

“Look, my best friends are going through a hard time. Micky’s just barely holding on and Ella’s not doing so great at keeping it together. The boys might be superficial to the hatred and things but not me, especially not when it’s my two best friends that are suffering. You might not believe that Micky and Ella have been best friends since they were two but they have been. They were inseparable and they’re still inseparable. When those two split up last year, both took it so hard. Micky had to put on a face for you all; he had to hide his hurt and he had to hide the fact that he was crying mostly every night. You all might not like me after this but I don’t care. No one talks badly about my best friends and gets away with it” Lottie ranted she saw the hate. Oh, crap! This is doomsday, bad doomsday. Lottie got up and walked away. I guess she needed to let off steam somewhere else.

“Well, uh, guys, I think that concludes our twitcam for today. Apologies for it not being a happy one but guys, Micky was telling the truth about everything. Goodbye for now” I said with a smile before shutting it off. I sighed a sigh a leant back on the couch.

“Some people are idiots these days. If they don’t believe the sincerity of Micky’s words then they really don’t care for your feelings. Greg, don’t worry about everyone else because it’ll get you down too. I get that you’re worried for your best friend, believe me I am too, for both of them but you heard the news Ella got today. Hopefully she’ll get her miracle”

“I know you’re right but I can’t help it. Micky’s already broke down today in front of Dan and it scares me that he’s gonna do the same again. Micky isn’t as strong as he thinks he is”

“Greg, if Micky breaks again, we’ll all be there to help him. We’re all there for Ella too so we’ll be the same for Micky. Look, I know you’re gonna be Mr Popstar soon but I’ll always be here for you whenever you need me to be”

“Thanks Maria, seriously. I know we’ve not been dating long but thank you”

“You’re welcome Mr Popstar” She giggled. I was happy with Maria and it was amazing. She was amazing.

Dan’s POV

“Lottie, what the hell?” I said as I followed her out to the back garden.

“Sorry, I just couldn’t help it. They were saying nasty things about my best friend. It just got too much and I know Micky explained but they didn’t even believe him. They all thought Ella was still a money-grabbing whore and it hurt. Ella’s been working since she was 14 in May’s, she has her own money and she can get stuff off her parents. Her parents are freaking millionaires, how can she be a money grabbing whore?” Lottie ranted. She’s damn hot right now. Dan, stop thinking like that. Oh, brain shut up.

“Lottie, calm down. We know about Ella’s parents and we know she isn’t a money-grabbing whore. Listen, Lottie, calm down, you’re like Micky today, irritable. I don’t know why or how but you are, so calm”

“Dan, I’m terrified for my own best friends. One’s dying and the other’s freaking shutting himself away. Micky’s barely speaking to anyone, you’re his band mates and he’s not speaking to you either. If he does speak then it’s always about Ella but when he’s not speaking, he’s tearing himself apart. You can see by the look on his face that he’s doing it because he looks like he wants to cry. I just wish he’d open up”

“Lottie, he’ll open up when he can. It’s extremely hard on him especially with Ella being his best friend, his fiancée and soon to be his wife. It’s must be harder on him. He’s losing the one he’s only ever loved. Let’s just let Micky talk whenever he wants, ok?”

“Ok but it doesn’t stop me worrying though” I embraced her in a hug and just held her. I knew the concerns she had, we all had them. Micky was being distant, too distant but we didn’t wanna force him into something that was gonna make him worse. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

104K 1.5K 46
When Mia's best friend Sky comes to live with her in England, they almost immediately bump into Dan and Micky, not knowing that Dan, Micky and Greg w...
438 8 25
I'm doing a story based on these three words. Perfect. Stuck. Lost. My friend is also doing this challenge so i hope you enjoy this story! And don't...
1.3K 85 21
I've always been rebellious; wanting to do things that people around me don't agree with. I guess that made me feel liberated from my past, from ever...
296K 8.8K 53
COMPLETED **be aware i wrote this when i was much much younger, if you want to read a better written story then please check out my current book "ch...