Behind The Wheel

By film-nerd

"Why do you call us that?" "What?" "The Beauty and the Beast?" "Because you are the Beauty in the untamable B... More

i - The Street Racer
ii - The Girl In The Trunk
iii - Rio de Janiero, Brazil
iv - The Brazilian Rita Dias
v - Skydiving In Rio
vi - Playing Futébol
vii - Someone's Following Us
viii - Escaping To Rita
ix - Enigma
x - First Race
xi - Monte Carlo, France
xii - Cruising Through Monte Carlo
xiii - Classy Motherfuckas
xiv - The Italian Francisco Mateo
xv - You Make Me Feel Safe
xvi - Fight Me Bitch!
xvii - Stupid Corny Jokes & Magazines?
xviii - Date?
xix - Trouble In Paradise
xx - Second Race
xxi - Sydney Australia
xxii - The Japanese Haruki Fujimoto
xxiii - Crack A Engima
xxiv - Love Doesn't Exist
xxv - Car Chase
xxvi - Behind Bars
xxvii - Making A Plan
xxviii - All Hell Breaks Lose
xxix - Prison Riot!
xxxi - Tokyo, Japan
xxxii - You Don't Understand
xxxiii - Flying Back Home
xxxiv - Your Mom Scares Me
xxxv - Cello
xxxvi - Cocky
xxxvii - It's A Deal
xxxviii - Operation Saving Dallas Part 1
xxxix - Operation Saving Dallas Part 2
xl - Fourth Race
xli - Los Angeles America
xlii - Last Race
xliii - Ending

xxx - Third Race

383 31 1
By film-nerd

DEMI HANDS GRIP ONTO THE steering wheel, her lips curving into a cocky smirk as she drives through the busy streets of Sydney, while Spencer clutches onto her seat beside her.

"Can you, I don't know, slow down a bit?" Spencer asks her, green eyes wide as her nails dug into the leather seat.

Demi chuckles, and glances at her. "Slow down? Dude, this is a race, there is no slowing down." And she swirls onto a street, and sees that the other street racers weren't here. The race must have started then.

"Well, we're late." Demi mutters, but pressed down hard on the accelerator, speeding past Rita.

"You don't even know the route! Where are you going?!" Spencer says beside her, but Demi kept onto Jasper's tail.

Demi opens her mouth to answer, but some kind of buzzing was sounded in the compartment in front of Spencer. Demi raise a brow, wandering what the hell that was, and Spencer reaches forward, popping open the compartment and taking out what looks like a walkie-talkie.

Spencer turns the knob and Jasper's voice fills the car. "Okay mates, I got the route for the race, I'm gonna send it to you via GPS." He says, and Demi watches as her GPS gets a ding. She reaches over and press on it, and was glad to see a blue arrow on the street. "Three laps." Jasper says. "And please, don't destroy my city."

Demi laughs, knowing that was for her. "No promises Jasper!" She yells out to him. Then she turns the wheel, and speeds past him, but gave him a honk of acknowledgment.

Swirling onto a busy street, Demi dodges cars on each sides of the road, but speeds past them. Spencer takes out her video camera, and starts to record the race.

"Oh my gosh watch out!" Spencer screams, pointing to a gasoline truck backing up.

Unfazed, Demi slams her hand on the horn and goes onto the sidewalk, passing the truck. People screamed and jump out of the way, thankfully nobody got hurt. Going back onto the street, Demi chuckles as Spencer looks at her with shock.

"You did not-" Spencer was cut off when another street car, Demi doesn't know which street racer it was, press itself closely to Demi's car. Demi snaps her head to look at the person, and gasp when the person driving the car was pointing a gun at her, she throws out her arm and slams Spencer into the seat while pressing herself against the seat, the guy pulls the trigger and the bullet flies past them and out Spencer's window. Also keeping a hand on the wheel, Demi then lets go of Spencer and reaches over, trying to slap the gun out of his hand.

"Demi!" Spencer screams, and Demi looks to the road, seeing cars stopping at a red light.

Grunting, Demi drifts around them, tires screeching and people on the sidewalk jumping out of the way and screaming. Demi then slams her car against the street car, and the side of their cars gets scratched, squeaking loudly and sparks fly as Demi looks at him.

"Spencer grab the wheel!" She shouts at her, letting go of the wheel and shoving the guy's hand away, the gun goes flying from his hand and onto the street.

"But I can't drive!" She yells, but Demi completely ignore her, focusing on the street racer next to them. Spencer had no choice but to grab the wheel, even if she didn't know how to drive, she just tried to keep the car straight, and not end up killing her and Demi.

"Son of a bitch!" Demi yells, before shoving her upper body out of the window and grabbing the back of the guy's neck, and slamming his head into the steering wheel of his car. She punches his face before quickly pulling back as the guy loses control, and spins around and crashes into a store.

"Goddamn." Demi says, then takes back the wheel, and Spencer returns to her seat. Glancing at the GPS, Demi takes a turn and goes into the highway.

"That was extreme." Spencer comments, pointing the video camera at her.

Demi glances at her. "Are you okay? The bullet didn't hit you, right?" She asks her.

"Does it look like I'm in pain?" Spencer raise a brow at her.

Demi looks her over, and was satisfied that the girl wasn't bleeding to death. "No," She says, and returns her attention to the road.

Taking a quick glance in the rear view mirror, Demi saw that Rita and Haruki were right behind her. She didn't see Jasper though.

Looking back to the road in front of her, she saw that she had to turn in the next exit, and that she has caught up with the other racers.

Exiting the highway, Spencer says, "This is insane, you are insane, slow down I'm gonna have a heart attack!"

Demi laughs, looking at her pale face. "Babe, just calm down, we're not gonna-oh shit!" Demi turns the wheel to the right sharply, dodging what looked like oil was spreading on the road, and into a building.

Realizing quickly it was a parking lot building, Demi drifts sharply on the turns, wanting to go to the top.

"What are you planning?!" Spencer says, moving the video camera back and forth from Demi and the road.

"Something crazy." Demi mumbles to herself, and speeds onto the top floor. Pressing down even more on the accelerator, Demi saw a wide window at the end of the parking lot.

She goes for it.

"Hold on!" Demi says, and she crashes through the window, with Spencer screaming beside her. Now in the air, Demi saw that they were heading to the ground, and to cushion their fall, a truck that was gonna load cars.

Landing on the truck, she quickly backs up and waves at the workers, before speeding back on the road and back in the race.

Spencer breathes. "That was crazy."

Demi nods. "It was. But I do a lot of crazy shit."

"Oh thank God we're not dead," She says, and sighs.

Continuing on with the race, Demi finished in third place, much to her dislike. The rest of the race was filled with sharp turns, speeding cars and Spencer screaming every chance she thinks they're gonna crash or die. But, at least Demi and her friends pass this race.

Drifting to a stop, Demi looks over at Spencer. She was pale as a ghost now. "So, what do you think?"

Holding up a finger, Spencer takes out her seat belts, opens the door, collapse onto her knees on the street and throws up.

Eyes widening, Demi quickly turns off her car and pushes open the door, hurrying over to the blond girl throwing up her guts. Demi pats her back, and holds up her hair for her.

A crowd surrounds them from all places, and Demi looks up as a Australian woman grasp their attention. "Racers! What a extreme race! First came Francisco, the Italian street racer! Second came our very own Jasper Hayes! Next, the American Demi Lovato!" She says the next positions, and shoos off the losers of the race.

Spencer stop throwing up, and sits on her calves, whipping her mouth with the back of her hand as Demi looks down at her. "Way too fast." She grumbles.

Demi chuckles, and pats her head as Spencer leans her weight against Demi.

"The next race is in Tokyo, Japan! Good luck to the racers, and you all know the drill! I hope you all had a good time in Australia, and hey, come back if you want," She says, and then the crowd starts to spread out, talking with people.

Demi helps Spencer back onto her feet, and grabs her shoulders. "You okay kid?"

Spencer nods, looking at Demi with dazed eyes. "I'll be fine." She waves her off.

Demi smile, and ruffles her hair. She looks back when she heard people walking toward them.

"Hey," Rita grins. "we're going to Tokyo, how fucking cool is that?" She high five Demi.

"I know right, it's gonna be awesome." Demi says, and looks over at Haruki, Jasper and her prison inmates.

"Guys, anything we can do for you before we leave?" Demi looks at them.

They shrug, and Nat says. "That race was awesome. But no, we're gonna be alright, we got plans." She says and Demi nods.

"Hey belle!" Demi heard the familiar voice of Francisco, and she stiffens, but turns around to look at him.

Francisco winks at her, and grins. "Great race," He says from a few cars away, surrounded by people.

"Fuck you you bastard!" Demi flips him the finger. Then spins back to look at her friends.

Nat raises a brow. "What did he do to you?"

"He used her." Haruki answers for Demi.

"Oh really? Which one is his car?" Nat says, clenching her jaw. Jasper points to Francisco's car.

"That one, why?" He asks, furrowing his eyebrows in confusion.

"You guys might want to run." Nat says, before walking over to Francisco car. The group watches in confusion as Nat walks to the car, then grabs what looks like a pole before smashing it into the windshield, shattering the glass.

"Oh fuck!" Demi swears, and the group bolts, the racers running to their cars while the escapees to other directions.

She laughs as she gets in her car, and waves at Nat as Spencer gets in too, Nat gives her a nod before running too, Francisco yelling at her.

Turning on the car, Demi backs up and drives away from the scene.

"So," Demi looks over at Spencer. "ever been to Tokyo?"

"No, but I know it's gonna be awesome."

====

Hello guys, hope you're enjoying the story so far. Anyways, I wanted to tell you that I will be starting college soon, and I'm gonna balance that while still in high school, and so I may be busy, or whatever, and updates may be slow, idk, but I just wanted to tell you guys that. That's bout it, so cya!

Twitter // @nashtorres16

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

DRIVE By teddy

Fanfiction

160K 7.2K 60
"Ride or Die" Street Racer, Ara, teams with a famous racing company to earn money for her ill mother. Since the racing industry is discriminative to...
38K 1.4K 22
⚠️THIS BOOK HAS LOTS OF TYPEOS IN MISTAKES READ AT YOUR OWN RISK ⚠️ ~Zoey is the neighborhoods good girl she's loved by many hated by some she's nev...
353K 7K 48
Lando's best friend, Alya Ricciardi, is a YouTuber and influencer with many fans all over the world. When she realizes that just traveling the world...
3.7K 90 41
**FOR PEOPLE WHO AREN'T EXACTLY JB FANS...This isn't your usual fanfic about the amazing Justin. I just use his name, ok? So read it** Pia could hand...