Dylan, Time To Meet The World...

By Sky-blues64

Dylan is a 7th grader who was adopted by the Harts at the age of 5. She and her older sister Maya are treated... More

Girl Meets World
Girl Meets Boy
Girl Meets Sneak Attack
Girl Meets Father
Girl Meets the Truth
Girl Meets Popular
Girl Meets Maya's and Dylan's Mother
Girl Meets Smackle
Girl Meets 1961
Girl Meets Crazy Hat
Girl Meets World: Of Terror
Girl Meets the Forgotten
Girl Meets Flaws
Girl Meets Friendship
Girl Meets Brother
Girl Meets Home For The Holidays
Girl Meets Master Plan
Girl Meets Loyalty
Girl Meets First Date
Season 2

Girl Meets Game Night

3.8K 97 16
By Sky-blues64

Maya and I ran into the Matthews apartment. "Did you tell them yet? Did he freak?" I asked Riley. "Did she tell you? Did you freak? Show me what you did. Freak out for us." Maya asked Cory. "Why would I freak out? I don't freak out." Cory said, "What did you do?!" I heard the door open and turned around to see Auggie and Josh.

"Family game night, now with extra family." Auggie said, gesturing to Josh. "Well, hello." Maya said, while twirling a piece of her hair. "Well, hello." Auggie said, twirling a piece of his hair. I giggled at Maya's failed flirting strategy. "Auggie didn't want to miss game night. We never made it out of the city." Josh told us, "Oh, here's your money." Josh handed Cory one dollar. "Hey, this is a dollar. I gave you a hundred." Cory told him.

"With that kind of money, you think we're not gonna buy steaks?" Josh asked, as if it was obvious. "Thank you, papa." Auggie said, while patting his tummy. "Did you bring me some steaks?" I asked Josh. "No," He replied, shaking his head. "Boo!" I shouted, pointing at him. "You know what? My brother!" Cory shouted at Josh. "My brother!" Josh shouted back. "Listen, you're here for game night. You're family, you're in." Cory told him.

The intercom buzzed. "Farkle." Farkle said. "And Lucas," Lucas said. I felt my heart stop, when I heard his voice. But I couldn't let the whole liking Lucas thing change me. Or else everyone will get suspicious. And Maya already is. "Come on up." Riley said. The intercom buzzed again. "Topanga. It's happening. I thought we had a few more years." Cory said. "Calm down." Topanga told him. "No calm. It's happening right now. Riley invited her friends to family game night." Cory said, nervously. "So? We're all family," I said. Cory just stared at me. "Okay," I said, nervously and walked over to the couch.

"Riley, shnookums. Um, you're gonna have to start to prioritize what's more important to you, your family, huh? Or your friends? There is only one right answer." Cory told her. "Why do I-" Riley started. "Wrong answer." Cory said, cutting her off. "Have to choose between-" Riley continued, but was cut off again. "Wrong answer." Cory said. "Let her finish, Matthews," I told him. "I love my friends and I want to hang out with my friends." Riley said. There was a knock on the door. Riley walked over to it and opened it. "Welcome to family game night, friends." Riley greeted Lucas and Farkle. "Wrong, wrong, wrong answer." Cory said.

~~~~~~~~

My friends and I were sitting by the table with our heads in our hands and were listening in on Cory's conversation with Topanga. "Get rid of them." Cory ordered. "Why do you have to be you all the time?" I asked. "You think it's easy? Say goodbye to your daughter, honey. She has chosen her friends over her family." Cory said. "Why can't we just play with her friends?" Topanga asked. "Because Topanga, the second she allowed Dr. Turtleneck and Mr. Howdy into our household, our family was compromised by interlopers." Cory told her.

"Maybe we could just come back another time." Lucas said. "Maybe you should, Mr. Howdy," I told him. "Oh, yeah, we don't have walls. I told you we needed walls, Topanga." Cory said.

Josh walked up to Farkle and Lucas. "Dr. Turtleneck, I presume." Josh said. "How could you tell?" Farkle asked. "Oh, because you just seem like a doctor to me." Josh replied, looking down at Farkle's turtleneck. "Thank you." Farkle said. "And you must be..." Josh begun, looking at Lucas. "Howdy." Lucas told him. They shook his hand/ Cory then grabbed the board game box and showed it to us.

"See this? The family game. The game for families. Not the friends game, a game for friends. I saw that game. I didn't buy that game." Cory told Topanga, "I bought this one because I used to have a family." "You are so dramatic," I told him. "Will you stop?" Topanga asked. "How could she choose her friends over us? I mean, did they burp her? Did they change her diapers?" Cory questioned. "We haven't yet, but we will when she's old." Farkle answered the question. "Speak for yourself, honey. I know that I have the absolute love and loyalty of my children who like me fine and always will."

"Everybody's here. Everybody plays. Cory, flipping out is only gonna make things worse." Topanga told us, before turning ti Cory, "Do you really want to drive her away?" "Yeah, dad. It's like what you were teaching today." Riley said. "I was teaching about the American revolution, Riley." Cory told her. "Exactly," I said. "How is this anything like the American Revolution?" Cory asked. "Let's think." Riley said. She and Cory put their hands on their chins and began to think. Maya and I mimicked them.

~~~~~~~~~
"The American revolution. Let's imagine England as a father. And America, as it's child. Knowing it's time to break away." I introduced, "Ladies, gentlemen, and people who I don't know and find weird, I give you the revolutionary war." Farkle walked into the room in the most ridiculous king costume I had ever seen. "Subjects. It is I, king George III, ruler of the British Empire." Farkle said, "Now, where is that rebellious John Adams? Who dares chooses his American friends over his king?"

"Here I am!" Riley shouted, running into the room. She was wearing a very puffy outfit. "John Quincy Adams." Riley said. "Riley, uh, you're actually John Adams." I corrected her. "Who's that?" Riley asked. "Yeah. Who is that, Matthews?" I asked. "John Adams was the father of John Quincy Adams." Mr. Matthews informed us. "But our school is John Quincy Adams." Riley said. "My school was John Adams." Cory informed us. "Your school was the father of my school?" Riley asked. "Does that make sense to you two?" Cory asked. "None of this does." I said. "I'm also gonna be your teacher next year." He said. My eyes widened. "You're kidding me." Riley said. "Now back to our story to get me out of this nightmare." I said.

"It is I, John not Quincy Adams." Riley said to our classmates. I raised my eyebrow. "Wait, why'd they name the school after this guy?" I asked. "Yeah. I mean, he must have done something." Riley said. "He did. He did something, we're gonna get to it." Cory told us. I nodded. "So, John Adams, where are your rebel friends?" I asked. "With me as always. Hark! Here's one right now." Riley said. Lucas walked in wearing a blue coat, puffy pants, and a pirate hat. I couldn't help but giggle.

"Looking good, Georgie Washington." I told Lucas, sarcastically. He gave me a playful glare. "Madame, you're embarrassing me." Lucas said, being in character. "Good!" I cheered myself.

"Now, may I introduce, he is crazy smart, he's rocking granny glasses, the old kite flyer himself, Benjamin Franklin." Riley introduced. "I'm not doing this." Maya said, from outside of the classroom. "Come on, we can't start the revolution without you." Lucas said. "Fine, but nobody look at me." Maya said. Let's be honest. We're all going to look at my sister. "Okay, nobody look at Maya!" Riley introduced. Maya walked in. She was dressed like Ben Franklin. She even had those bald cap things on her head. I couldn't help myself, but laugh along with my classmates. Maya definitely won the most ridiculous costume award.

"Why, Benjamin Franklin, can you feel the electricity between us? Huh?" Farkle asked Maya. "When do we get rid of this guy?" Maya asked me. "Right about now," I said. "King George, the American colonies want their freedom." Riley told Farkle. "You belong to me, and I will never let you go. It's the king's law." Farkle said.

~~~~~~~~

"You belong to me until you're 18. It's the law." Cory told Riley. "Whatever you say, king George." Riley said. "Stop calling me that." Cory said. "What's the matter? Pops doesn't like pops' lesson?" Maya asked. "Yeah. Listen guys, not everything I teach you in class applies to our lives." Cory told us. "It does, every time, sir." Lucas informed him. "It's kind of scary and creepy," I said. "Okay, game is all set up. We doing this thing, or what?" Josh told us. "No." Cory said. "Yes." Riley said.

"Do you guys even know how to play the family game?" Cory asked our friends. "Let Dylan and I teach you," Maya said. "Because we're always here, and you can't get rid of us." I said, as we walked behind the Matthews' clan. "Always wins." Maya said, pointing down at Topanga. "Always eats too much popcorn and says, 'I'm never eating popcorn again.'" I said, pointing at Riley. "But it's so delicious." Riley said, with her mouth full of popcorn. "Always tries to teach us a lesson," Maya said, pointing at Cory. "Always is adorable," I said, pointing at Auggie. "Always gets competitive," Maya said, pointing at me. "Do not!" I shouted. "Yes, you do," Topanga said. "Okay. But tonight, I'm just gonna watch. Cause I knew there is going to be some drama happening and I want to watch it but not be in it," I told everyone and sat down on the couch.

"Would you be on my team, Uncle Josh?" Auggie asked Josh, holding his hand. "Try and stop me," Josh said. "Okay, I'll stop you. You're on my team." Maya said, taking Josh's other hand. "He's my Uncle." Auggie said, tugging on Josh's hand. "He's my husband." Maya said, tugging on the other hand. "Congratulations." Auggie said, letting go. "Oh! Can I be your maid of honor?" I asked, earning a glare from Josh.

"It says here the goal is to get in to one of the four success squares with your teammate. And then you win." Farkle read form the instructions. "It makes this sound." Auggie said. He pushed the button in the middle and the horn dinged. "I win!" Topanga cheered. "It hasn't happened yet." I informed her. "What's the big circle in the middle for?" Farkle asked. "Oh, we don't go there. If even one person goes in there, then you have to play the long game." Riley explained. "What's the long game?" Lucas asked. "I don't know. We've never played it." Riley said. "Intriguing. Should we find out?" Farkle asked. "No, it takes forever." I informed him. "And you don't get to hear this." Cory said. He pushed the same button Auggie did and it made the same sound. "I win!" Topanga cheered. "Something's wrong with you, Topanga." I told her.

The doorbell ringed. "I win! Oh, my goodness." Topanga said. "Now who could that be?" Cory asked. Auggie went to answer the door and standing there was Ava. "Hi, Auggie. Hey, you're playing a game? Can I be on your team?" Ava asked. "You're on your own, pal. My woman's here." Auggie said to Cory, bringing Ava in. "Sure, Auggie. Bring your woman in. Let's bring in everybody. Why don't we put up signs on the telephone poles next to the cats and the dogs. Matthews family game night. Only not really, it's kind of everybody family game night. Isn't it? Huh? Isn't it?" Cory said, freaking out.

"There's the freak out. Best show in town." Maya said. "Do you feel better now, buddy?" I asked Cory. "I do, thank you." Cory said. I rolled my eyes.

~~

We had just finished making teams. I wasn't on a team tonight. I have mentioned this before I was going to be the host. "Well, well. Looks like everybody's all partnered up except for lil ol' us." Maya said, referring to herself, Cory, and Josh. She was doing this whole little flirt thing. "I could pick you." Maya said, looking at Josh. He closed his eyes and looked down. "Or I could pick you." Maya said, less cheerful to Cory. He smiled, brightly. "Or I could pick you. Or I could pick you." Maya said, looking at Josh then Cory. It was the same result.

"Yeah, well, you see, you represent homework and no fun, while you are so handsome it kind of makes my eyes hurt." Maya said referring to Cory and Josh. "Okay, here's what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna be the game show host, is what I'm gonna do. 'Cause they stand." Josh said, standing up. Maya stood too. "And they move." Josh said, walking away. Maya started to follow Josh, but Cory pulled her back down. "Hiya, partner." He greeted. "Oh, boy." Maya said.

"Wait. I'm the game show host. Go find a different job to do," I told him. "Well. Too bad. Now I'm your co-host," Josh said. I gave him my signature look. He, also Cory, Farkle, and Lucas jumped. Cory screamed. "Stop doing that... that look!" Cory shouted. He was now cowering behind Topanga on the couch. I shook my head with a smirk plastered on my face. "Why do we need game show hosts?" Farkle asked. "Cause game show hosts make sure everyone follows the rules and plays fair." Josh replied. I walked over to Ava. She was stuffing game board money into her pocket. "Especially this one." I said taking the fake money from her. "Ava!" Auggie scolded. "Shh. I'm doing this for us, baby." Ava said, winking at the end.

"Okay. The object of this game is to create a family, protect it, and get safely through a world of obstacles that will test how strong your family is." Josh explained. "The winner of the short game is the first team to end up in one of the four success squares with a car and a house." I finished explaining. "Get me a car and a house." Ava told Auggie. "I'm trying. Okay." Auggie told her.

"Um, Maya and I up first. We'll go first," Cory said. "Oh, says who?" Riley asked. "Says the king of the castle." Cory replied. "Just because you're the king, doesn't mean you get to make all of the rules." Riley told him. "Oh, yeah? That's actually the first rule in the king's handbook." Cory said. I looked over at Luas and saw him getting uncomfortable.

"Well, it's been a lovely evening. And now I need a hug from my mama." Lucas said, standing up. "Mama?" I questioned. "Yeah. What do you call your mama?" Lucas asked Josh. "Ma." Josh replied, "Try it out." "Ma." Lucas said in a real tone, "Nah, she'd put me in the shed." "You have a shed, cowboy?" I asked. He nodded. "Another reason why you're a cowboy, cowboy," I said. I turned back to Riley and Cory. "You know what, dad, you may be the king, but I am going first." Riley said. Cory gasped.

~~~~~

Farkle gasped. "You are staging an act of open rebellion against your king." Farkle said. "John. You have left the colonies no choice but to break away from you and become independent." I told Riley. "Because you're fighting for the sake of your families." Cory added. "And friends." Riley said. "And family is the most important thing in the world." Cory said. "And friends." Riley repeated. "Riley, you don't think family should come first?" Cory asked. "I cannot do this right now. I am in the middle of a rebellion." Riley said. Cory nodded.

"Let's see how your little rebellion fares against the might of the British empire." Farkle said, opening the door to reveal a cannon. "Whoa, Farkle. Where'd you get the cannon?" Lucas asked. "From my cannon guy." Farkle replied. Lucas rasied his hand. "Yes, general Washington." Cory said. "Hey! I am the story teller here. I will say when people speak," I told Cory. He raised his hands in surrender. I turned to Lucas. "Yes, general Washington," I said.

"You really have to wonder if the king wasn't so stubborn, could something have been worked out so America would still be in the British family?" Lucas asked. "A nation or a family, can only remain united if it's leaders govern fairly and address the needs of all of its members both old and young." Cory said. "What he said. Except less wordy," I said. "Well, I'm not gonna. So let's get this party started." Maya said. She walked over to the cannon. "Is that thing loaded?" I questioned. "It is now." Maya said, pushing Farkle into the cannon.

"Happy fourth of July, everybody." Maya said. "Maya, the war hasn't even started yet. But. Keep doing what you're doing," I said. "You're gonna love Boston." Maya told Farkle. "When am I going to Boston?" Farkle asked. "In five, four, three," Maya began.

~~~~

"Four, five, six, and as usual I will choose the fatherhood path." Cory said, moving his player, "Bing, bing, bing, bing. And the pink square means I get a daughter." I looked down at the square and smirked. "Actually sir, Farkle and I already own that square." Lucas told him. "So?" Cory asked. "So, your daughter's ours." Lucas said. I looked over at Riley and saw she was smiling brightly. A rush of guilt went through me. "Excuse me?" Cory asked. "Let him talk." Riley said. "According to the game, we get your daughter." Lucas said. Riley stood up and tried to walk over to Lucas, but Topanga pulled her back down.

"Josh! Dylan!" Cory shouted. "She's not Riley Matthews anymore," I said, cheerfully no matter how much guilt was flowing inside of me. "My brother.She's now Mrs. Dr. Howdy Turtleneck." Josh cheered. "Whoo!" I cheered. Cory held the card out. Lucas tried to take it, but Cory wouldn't let it go. "Uh, sir, you're holding on a little tight. You really need to let go, sir." Lucas said. He pulled on the card harder and it ripped in half. "You killed my daughter." Cory said in a shocked expression.

"My turn. I pick six." Ava said. "Uh, Ava you need to roll the dice." Topanga informed her. "One, two, three four five six." Ava said, moving her player. "Dylan, Josh, objection." Topanga said, standing up. "I'm going to allow it." Josh said. "I agree," I said. "Why?" Topanga asked. "Because she cracks me up." Josh replied. "Because she is hilarious," I answered.

"I get a Make Your Own Luck card. Take over someone's family business. Choose one player to send back to start." Ava read from her card. She tapped her chin. "I choose... Hmm. One Topanga, two Topanga, three Topanga, four. Five Topanga, six Topanga, seven Topanga, or Topanga!" Ava cheered. I giggled at Topanga's expression. Ava picked up Topanga's player. "Wee! Poom!" Ava said, putting Topanga's player at the start. "This stinks." Topanga said. "This had to be done, mommy." Auggie said, as Riley started to take her turn. "It's okay, my lovebug. Luckily, my team always wins. And my teammate has a turn, and I'm sure she's going to use it to help me." Topanga said, "Right, Riley? Sweetheart?"

"Mom, I really hate to do this but I have a go to Europe with two friends card." Riley told her mother. Topanga just gave her a blank expression. "And you're all the way back there. And I've never been to Europe." Riley said. "I want to go to Europe." Ava told Auggie. "Get off my back!" Auggie shouted. "Wait, you're leaving me?" Topanga asked. "Mom, it is not personal, I just got this card and-" Riley began. "Wait, you're leaving me?" Topanga asked, cutting her off. "Here it comes." Cory said.

"I am your mother. I have your absolute love and loyalty. What do you think you're talking to him?" Topanga said, referring to Cory. "Hey, Farkle. How do you that again?" Cory asked. "Hah!" Farkle said. "Hah!" Cory said to Topanga earning a glare. "Now you run, sir." Lucas told him. "No, actually now I go right over here which is exactly where I belong." Cory said, sitting in between Riley and Topanga. "Well, this game just got real." I commented. "Will the daughter go off on her own or does the mother hold on to her forever?" Josh asked. "I'm sorry, mommy." Riley said, before sitting down between Maya and I.

"Partners?" She asked us. "Forever." Maya said. "I'm not playing but same thing. Forever," I said. "Riley?" Topanga asked. "Mom, I am just playing a game. Isn't that what you want me to do? Win?" Riley questioned. "Not without me." Topanga said.

"Hey, Topanga. You and me." Cory said. Topanga smiled. "You and me. Let's win this thing." Topanga told him. "You and me. Let's win this thing." Maya told Riley and I. "You and me." Farkle said to Lucas. "I just want to go home." Lucas admitted. I slightly smiled. "You and me. It's way past our bedtime." Auggie said to Ava. "Yeah!" The two shouted.

~~~~~~

"Okay, we have a five minute break for new team strategy talk. Which means we cannot waste a second. What do you got?" Riley said. We were in her room talking strategy. "You're destroying your parents." I told her. "That's the object of the game." Riley said. I sighed.

"Oh, come on, Dylan. It's not like we're actually going backpacking through Europe." Riley said. "We should definitely go backpacking through Europe." Maya said. "And we'll bring Lucas and Farkle to Europe." Riley said. "Yeah, and we'll bring your parents." Maya and I added. "Why would you want to bring my parents?" Riley asked. I raised my eyebrow. "Oh. I get it." Riley said, in realization.

"This isn't a game to them at all, is it?" Riley asked. I shook my head. "No, it isn't." Maya said. "Then how do we possibly win?" Riley asked. "You don't win. You just play with them, Riley." I told her. "It's game night. Their favorite night of the month." Maya added. I nodded.

~~~~~~

Riley, Maya, and I walked up to Cory and Topanga. "Oh, look at that. They're already back," Cory said. I smiled, gently. "Break's over." Josh informed us. "Game on!" I cheered.

~~~~~

"Game over. God bless America." Riley said, waving a giant flag. "How could you do this? My kingdom. I have nothing left." Farkle said, dramatically. "Actually, you still have India, Ireland, Australia, Shakespeare, Dickens, and the Beatles." I informed him. "Oh, yeah. Who needs you anyway?" Farkle asked. "You know you do." Cory said. Riley, Maya, and I sat down on one desk while the boys sat on the desk next to us.

"The revolutionary war ended in 1783 leaving a rift between England and the United States." Cory told us. "But we love each other now, though, right?" Lucas asked. "We do, but it took some time. In fact, it wasn't until helped mend that relationship. His name, Riley, Dylan, was John Quincy Adams." Cory said. "Oh. That's what the kid did." Riley said. I nodded. "That's right. See, it took the next generation to bring everybody together." Cory told us.

"So people that go to war can actually become friends?" Lucas asked. "Revolution is a short moment in time. But if you play the long game correctly, everybody can end up just where they're supposed to be." Cory told us. "Wait. Does this mean Lucas and I could actually be friends?" I asked. "Wait a minute. Are you saying we're not friends?" Lucas asked. I gazed into his eyes.

~~~~~~

"Someone has to get a 12. Anything but a 12. Nobody throw a 12." Cory said, nervously. Riley rolled the dice. "12," She said. "Oh, thank goodness. It's over." Lucas said, standing up. "No, it's not. I'm not going for the success square. I'm going for the circle in the middle. We are going to play the long game." Riley informed us. "What?" Lucas asked. "You could win." Topanga stated. "Dude, why would you do that?" Josh asked, holding an egg beater and pointing it at Riley. He was using it as a microphone. I grabbed it from him. "Yeah why would you do that?" I asked and then pointed it back at Riley.

"Because tonight the family game is not about winning." Riley said. "Uh, say what?" Topanga asked. "Mom, I was only trying to beat you because I want you to be proud of me." Riley told her. "You do?" Topanga questioned. "Yeah, I want to be like you." Riley told her. "You do?" Topanga asked. "A killer shark who always wins?" Riley asked. "That is the most beautiful thing I have ever heard." Topanga said. She and Riley hugged.

"So tonight, let's find out what happens when you play the long game." I said. "I'm never gonna see my mama again." Lucas said in defeat and sat down next to me on the couch. "I wanted someone to land on the success square. I kind of wanted to hear," Cory said and pushed the button on the board. It ringed. "I win!" Topanga cheered. "We seriously need to help you." I told her. She nodded.

"In the long game, the players all play together to conquer the game itself." Josh read form the instructions. "So we're all on one big team then?" Cory asked. "If you'll let us be. And dad, I promise that nobody is going anywhere." Riley reassured. "Well, Riley, you know what? If these are the people you've chosen to leave us for someday, they're welcome to play with us anytime. You've made some wonderful choices." Cory told her.

"You're gonna buy the friends game?" Riley asked. "Yeah." Cory replied. "Can we play that one with you guys?" Topanga asked. "Anytime you want." Maya said. "You're a good king." Riley complimented Cory. "You're a good John Quincy Adams." Cory told her. "Oh, the kid who brought everyone together." Riley said. "Yeah." Cory said. "Told you." Riley said. She moved her player 12 places and then sat back down.

"Who's joining us?" Riley asked. "We are." Topanga said, referring to herself and Cory. The two sat down on the couch. Topanga picked up a dice and rolled it.

~~~~~

I was so exhausted. We were playing the game all night. I layed my head on Maya's shoulder as I yawned. "Well, birds are chirping. Sounds of a sleepy city coming to life as the sun peeks its smiling face," Josh said. I looked up at my sister and saw her smile. "Yeah, okay. Upon 9 tired game players. And if Auggie Matthews can roll a two, then we will finally find out what happens when you win the long game." Josh said.

"Nobody can roll a two." Topanga commented. "We pick two." Ava said sleepily. "You know what, Ava? I finally like you." Topanga told her. "Okay." Ava said. Ava pressed the button on the board. But it only made a small little sound. "That's it? I stayed up all night for that?" I asked. The game made more noises. "Hold on." Cory said. We sat on the floor and watched the game board. The middle piece moved up and lit up. Mystical music played. And then it all stopped. "And as everyone is joined together, we see that in the long game, friends become family." Josh said.

"It's not a game at all." Riley pointed out. "What is it, mommy?" Auggie asked. "It's life." Topanga replied. "Life is the long game?" Auggie asked. "Yeah, bubba. Life is the long game." Cory told her. Josh sat down on the couch. "Maya." Josh said. Maya also sat back down. "You do understand I'm too old for you?" Josh questioned. "I do, Josh. I know that." Maya said. "Good." Josh said. "But I'm in it for the long game." Maya added. "Yeah, me too." Riley and I said in unison.

~~~~~
The school bell ringed as we walked out of the classroom. "I'm glad we're all friends again." Riley commented. "Yeah, I'm glad I can take this off." Maya said. "It's amazing that people so close can go to war." Lucas said, before turning to Farkle, "Take off your crown." Farkle was still wearing the ridiculous crown. "No." Farkle replied. "Luckily, it's all history and not our real lives." I said.

"Hey. We're having family game night tonight. You guys want to come?" Riley asked. "Sure, thanks, I'd love that." Lucas replied, before turning back to 'King' Farkle, "Take off your crown." "No. I'd love that, thank you." Farkle said. "So you're never going to take off your crown?" Lucas asked. "No." Farkle replied. "I could rip it off your head," I said. "No," Farkle said. He and Lucas walked away.

"Don't you think you should ask your dad?" Maya asked Riley. "Nah. What could possibly go wrong?" Riley asked. "Everything," I said.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

190 42 6
"You should care, Dylan. You would still be living in the back of a car, stealing from Seven Eleven! Is that what you want?" ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~...
11.1K 302 12
Riley Matthews' adopted sister went through hard times as a child. Beaten, abandoned, bullied, abused, neglected and more. Until Cory found the broke...
170 0 37
A 14-year-old girl who has been adopted finds out that she has known her real family for a long time. - this is my first story i wrote here so im sor...
1.9K 23 31
I suck at descriptions sorry. Also trigger warning Allison has lived in Forever Together Home for girls since age 4. She's 14 now. 10 years since he...