Changed [Watty Awards 2013]

Par PerfectDisaster21

"Broken" and "torn" are the only words to describe Delilah Scott. After enduring a traumatic childhood, Delil... Plus

Changed (Changed #1)
1. Pet
2. Saved
3. Mate
4. Encounter
5. Acceptance
6. Bruised
8. Surprise
9. Panic
10. Relevation
11. Rage
12. Leaving
13. Whiplash
14. Explanations
15. Confusion
16. News
17. Bait
18. Uncle
19. Trust
20. Jealousy
21. Confrontation
22. Mom
23. Wake
24. Silver
25. Baby
26. Attack
27. Beg
Epilogue
SEQUEL!

7. Letter

573 18 2
Par PerfectDisaster21

7. Letter

DELILAH

Nick looked at me. He just looked at me. He made no move to wipe away the tears that still streamed down my face. He made no move to hug me and he certainly made no move to open his mouth and comment. All he did was stand up and stomp out of the room.

I sat there motionless until I heard I deep voice shout, “Nick!”

I ran down the stairs, ignored everyone’s questioning, and ran out the door to find him. I inhaled deeply and picked up no scent. I was too far up wind. There was no way to find him.

Until I heard a car starting.

I jumped behind the vehicle. The lights got closer and brighter. He slammed on the brakes just in time before he hit me. I walked up to the passenger door and got inside the car. I looked over at Nick to see his head rested against the steering wheel, his body convulsing.

I leaned forward and ran a hand through his hair.

“Nick?”

I strangled sob bubbled up from his chest, and it broke my heart to hear it. I sniffled and leaned over the middle console to wrap my arms around him. We didn’t say anything. The only sound was our sniffles and his quiet sobs.

“Please,” I begged. “Look at me, baby.”

He rolled his head to face me. I took my thumb and wiped away the tears on his stained cheeks. He closed his eyes and bit his upper lip. His long eyelashes were damp from the crying.

“Please don’t cry.”

He laughed, his voice thick with emotion. “You’re the only person that can make me feel like this.” His lifted up his head all the way and faced me, taking the keys out of the ignition. “I can’t believe all that happened to you, Delilah. You had no reason to endure that.”

I closed my eyes. “I understand if you don’t want to be with someone as battered and bruised as I am.”

He growled. “Don’t say that. Do I look like I don’t love you?” I looked into his red rimmed eyes and shook my head. “All I want is to find his Doug and beat the living crap outta him. I can’t believe they would even think to let you into a foster home like that. It isn’t right.” He clenched his fists on the steering wheel. “This also gives me another to find this ‘Alpha’ and kill him too. He should have never of had sex with you. You are my mate.”

“They won’t do anything about it now. First, I’m twenty-one and I was thirteen when I was in that home. Second, rules were different back then.” I leaned forward and placed my hands on his face. “I’m safe now. Everything is fine now. I’m yours and you’re mine. That’s all that matters.”

He licked his dry lips. I leaned forward and placed a soft kiss on them. “I love you, Delilah. Please don’t ever forget that.”

I laughed, the notes strained. “I love you, too.”

He smiled and gave me a heated kiss, and whispered in my ear. “I’m so glad to call you mine.”

***

Nick and I walked back into the house soon after we stopped being emotional. I convinced him to not go find Doug and I forced him to listen to me. I told him how much I was glad that he was my mate. I was glad that he saved me. It was all in the past and I was glad to be the person I am today because of everything that happened.

As soon as we walked into the door, hand in hand, Emily rushed over to us and reached up to smooth her son’s hair down. She felt around his face for anything that was wrong. When she found nothing, she squeezed him in a big bear hug. I let go of his hand so he could hug her back, and walked into the kitchen to grab a drink.

In the kitchen was Eric and Kyle, both of their eyes were set on a letter. I smiled over at them, but they did not smile back. I stepped towards them, reaching for the letter. Eric snatched it away from me.

“This isn’t anything you should be concerned with, hon.”

“But—” I was cut off by Kyle.

“Nick’s my youngest brother and you’re his mate.” He looked at me with wide green eyes. “I consider you my sister. And as my sister, I will not be the one to tell you what this letter says. Do you understand me?”

The look in his eyes told me that this was not up for negotiation. I reluctantly nodded. After Kyle’s satisfied nod, I proceeded toward the fridge, grabbing some orange juice from the top shelf.

Nick entered the kitchen and looked over at his father and eldest brother hunched over the sacred piece of paper. He walked over and plucked it easily out of his father’s hand. Eric tried to protest but Nick’s frustration was coming off of him in waves. Nick’s eyes scanned the paper, his knuckles turning white.

I got up from the table and moved toward him, but he folded the letter and stuffed it in his back pocket. I glared at him. Why won’t they let me read the stupid letter?

Nick’s eyes blazed, but softened a tiny bit when they met mine. “Baby, you can’t read this. Promise me you won’t read it.”

I shook my head. “I’m not going to promise you something I may break.”

Nick growled and his eyes blazed again as his knuckles whitened. Eric came and stood next to Nick and placed a hand on his shoulder. “Delilah, you cannot read this. As past Alpha, I don’t have much say in the matter. But if Nick does not want you to read this, you should trust him enough to know it’s only to protect you. If it wasn’t anything bad, he’d let you read it. You know that.”

I growled but did not reply to Eric. I left the kitchen and went up into Nick and I’s room. I sound like a blubbering baby, but I will not sit there and have them give me the soft treatment. I was no child. I’m twenty-one years old for God’s sake.

The door creaked open and in walked Emily. Surprised, I sat up from my current position on the bed. Emily’s long, blonde hair was damp from the shower. She walked over to sit beside me on the bed.

“Hon, I wish I could say something to make Eric, Kyle and Nick stop treating you like a young child, but there is nothing I can say.” I looked over at her to see her eyes were filled with sympathy. “Even as former Luna, I have no say now that I—”

“Wait,” I held up my hand. “’Luna’? What’s that?”

Emily’s eyes widened at the apparent slip. “Um, that’s something that my son should tell you—”

“No. You tell me please, Emily.”

She shook her head lightly just as the door to the bedroom slammed open to reveal my furious mate. Emily looked at her son in surprise.

Was he made because she told me about a “Luna”?

They gave each other a look and Emily fled the room. It’s amazing how his Alpha influence made such an impact on even his mother and father. Nick shut the door and walked over to me and pushed me back on the bed. I scrambled back, thinking that I did something wrong.

He crawled up me to meet my face, tangled his hands in my hair, and lowered his lips to mine roughly. I no longer thought I did anything wrong.

***

I snuggled up to Nick’s bare chest and sighed as he rubbed my bare back gently. Our legs were tangled up in each other’s and our arms were wrapped around one another. I leaned up and kissed his chin, his stubble tickling my lips.

“Hungry?” I asked.

He laughed and smiled down at me. “Absolutely. You?”

My stomach grumbled. “Starving.”

“Does that have part to do with me?”

I laughed and reached down to grab his shirt and my pants. I saw his dark pants on the ground and bit my lip. Should I? I feigned searching and reach into his back pocket, pulling out the letter. I put the letter in my pocket and picked them up.

I pulled on the shirt and pants and left the room. I walked downstairs to see Eric, Emily, Jared and Kyle sitting at the dining room table, laughing quietly to themselves. I followed the noise and went into the kitchen to make myself a sandwich. Jared was snickering. I glanced over my shoulder at him and my cheeks flushed.

Did they…? Great.

Nick walked in, wearing only his black jeans and noticed my flushed face. He glanced at his family and then me. The tips of his ears turned red. Eric laughed at both of us.

“Oh, calm down.” Kyle laughed. “We didn’t hear anything. We went out for a run instead.” Nick growled and hit the back of Kyle’s head. “What? Would you rather of let us hear it?”

My eyes widened and I turned back towards my sandwich. I felt Nick come up behind me and kiss my cheek.

“Ignore them,” he whispered in my ear. “They’re just trying to get to you. Especially my brothers.”

He leaned forward and grabbed my sandwich, walking over to the table. I sighed and walked over, grabbing it back from him, sticking my tongue out.

The paper in my pocket was gnawing at me. I wanted to open it and read the letter. I wanted to know who it was from, even though I already had a good hint at who was behind it.

“I’m tired.” Grins from Jared and Kyle met me at that sentence. “I’m going to go to bed.” I looked over at Nick. “Take your time.” He tilted his head back to look at directly behind him. I leaned down and kissed him once before climbing the steps up to our room.

Once inside I shut the door softly and waited until I heard their voices humming from the dining room before I dug inside my pocket and pulled out the letter.

The letter was not white by any means. It had mud and dirt encrusted on the sides of the paper along with numerous wrinkles. It was filthy. I sat on the computer chair and just held it.

Should I open it or somehow find an excuse as to why I had it in the first place? I don’t think the latter would turn out that well. Then again, the former wouldn’t work out that well either. So really, what choice did I have?

I opened the letter and instantly wished I didn’t.

It read:

Nicholas,

Hand over the girl and no one will get injured. I will not come after you. As long as you hold the girl, I will keep pursuing. She is not yours. She is mine. And I always get what is rightfully mine.

Yours truly,

Noah

Noah? Is that his name? I replayed the name in my head. Noah. It was such a…peaceful name. It was such a normal name for the man of such evil work. One would think he was a spawn of a demon.

I quickly put the note on the side of the bed where Nick’s pants laid an hour before. I heard footsteps creaking up the spiral staircase and quickly jumped in bed, still fully clothed. I closed my eyes just as the door opened and shut softly.

As I inhaled deeply as if I were sleeping, Nick’s strong scent welcomed me. I heard him shuffle in front of me. The letter crinkled as he picked it up. I felt his breath puff on my cheek as his lips met mine. It took all my power to not kiss him back.

I heard the door shut softly as he left the room and I exhaled in relief. I opened my eyes and sighed.

Everyone was in danger because of me. Because of me, Jared got a deep gouge on his thigh. It wasn’t too extreme, but it was extreme enough that he could’ve got a nasty infection. Next time, it won’t be as minor. Someone could die because of me.

Tonight would change my life forever.

Tonight, I’d turn myself in. 

A/N: I am currently working on a slideshow. So, stay tuned for it. 

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

1.2M 36.9K 20
Ginny's parents died saving her from a rogue attack, her brother along with the rest of the pack blame her for killing them. If she wouldn't have gon...
180K 5K 8
*Short Story* It is difficult to stay with the people who look down at you like you are some kind of disease. It hurts when they don't want to acknow...
1.7K 77 14
Destiny Paige has had a lot happen to her, her whole life has been turned upside down, her heart has been torn out of her chest and stomped into the...
5.7M 64.5K 31
Holly has been forced to move across the country to a town she never heard of. Unknown to her, Evanswood is over-run by werewolves. As she adjusts to...