My Bad Boy Protector ✔

By Zanzan112

"He looked at me as if I was the only star in the dark night sky. And kissed me as if I was the air that fill... More

My Bad Boy Protector
Synopsis
Chapter 1 : First Day Back
Chapter 2 : Why You Gotta Be So Rude?
Chapter 3 : Deliciously Entertaining Dinner
Chapter 4 : Snapping Out and Breaking In
Chapter 5 : Eventful Day
Chapter 6 : Crazy Thoughts Lead To Crazier Actions
Chapter 7 : A Cry For Help
Chapter 8 : Apology Accepted
Chapter 9 : The Meganerd and Megajerk
Chapter 10 : Teach You How To Fight Back
Chapter 11 : Self Oath
Chapter 12 : Preparing For The Return of Medusa (Part 1)
Chapter 13 : Preparing For The Return Of Medusa (Part 2)
Chapter 14 : She's Not Exactly A Witch She's Just A Terrible Bitch
Chapter 15 : Drunk Alex Is Definitely My Favorite Alex
Chapter 17 : That Smile Was As Fake As Kim K's Ass
Chapter 18 : Goosebumps Are Forming
NEW BOOK!!!
Chapter 19 : He Made Me Soup
Chapter 20 : Cruelty At Its Finest
Chapter 21 : And The Lessons Begin
Chapter 22 : Warnings
Chapter 23 : Guess Whose Tutor Am I?
Chapter 24 : The Unexpected
Chapter 25 : Secrets Revealed
Chapter 26 : Anonymous Notes, Bonfires and Surprises
Author's Note (important)
Chapter 27 : Sleepovers
Chapter 28 : Confessions Of A Bad Boy
Chapter 29 : That WTF Moment
Chapter 30 : A Trip To Remember
Chapter 31 : Reminiscent Tears
Chapter 32 : Like Beyoncé At The Grammy's
Chapter 33 : Oh Hell Nah
Chapter 34 : I Kissed A Girl & I Didn't Like It
Chapter 35 : That's My Boyfriend
Chapter 36 : Hurt
Chapter 37 : A Party? Not My Cup Of Tea
Chapter 38 : Shocking Appearances (Part 1)
Chapter 39 : Shocking Appearances (Part 2)
Chapter 40 : Drama Like No Other
Chapter 41 : Kidnapped
Chapter 42 : My Name Is...
Chapter 43 : Smashing Attempt
Chapter 44 : News
Chapter 45 : The End
Epilogue : Our Happily Ever After
THANK YOU! ♡♡♡
GOOD NEWS???

Chapter 16 : The Cute New Guy

82.7K 2.8K 1K
By Zanzan112

Oh My God I have missed you guys so much! Late night update but it's still one nonetheless. I apologize profusely for missing my updating day over the weekend. My only excuse: school. :/

I hope you guys enjoy this one. I'll make it up to you somehow.

Chapter 16 : The Cute New Guy

As I walked down the hallways heading to my first class for the morning the regular morning announcements from the school's intercom began but what I didn't expect to hear was this:

"Can Carrie Monroe please report to the principal's office? I repeat, Carrie Monroe please report to the principal's office as soon as possible. Thank you,"

I held my head down and looked away from the wondering eyes of the student body and wished I could just turn into a ghost as their "hushed" whispers began. My heart because of worry. Why would the principal want to see me? I thought as I made my way dreadfully, to his office.

"Did the bad boy make the good girl do something she shouldn't?" A female's voice asked in teasingly.

"Nah, she's too much of a goody two shoes for that." Another replied in distaste.

"Don't be so sure. Alex Parker can make any girl do what he wants them to."

"I know he can make me do anything he wants me to." A different girl joined making them laugh and mumble words of agreement.

I kept my thoughts to myself and ventured on.

When I got up to secretary Henry and gave her a wavering smile as I spoke in a shaky voice, "Principal Johnson wanted to see me?"

"Ah, yes Carrie-" She took up the land line phone in front of her on the desk and spoke in a hushed tone before snapping it down with a nod. "- you can go in."

"Thanks,"

I pushed open Principal Johnson's office door hesitantly and made my way in after hearing his invite. "Come in!"

I took in the sight of him standing behind his desk in his normal suit and bearded glory but his eyes were snapped elsewhere after acknowledging my presence.

"Thank you for coming so quickly Carrie, see...she's also prompt." He said in a bragging tone looking over at the silhouette of a male's figure that had his back turned towards me.

The person faced me and I was greeted by the sight of a teenage boy around my age. His skin was pale, paler than mine or Principal Johnson and he owned a head of soft looking shiny red hair. I was pretty sure he was Korean, or I was hoping for him to be.

I watched their dramas all the time on my laptop. From Pinocchio, Heirs and so on. I admired their culture and I was completely infatuated with how they spoke. If he wasn't Korean, which 89% of me says he was, he was either Japanese or Chinese but he was definitely no American or anything else for the matter.

His nicely framed face was a sight I admit and his dark eyes roamed over me too. I was taken aback by the friendly smile that over took his lips.

"Carrie Monroe meet Cha Tae Yuong." Mr. Johnson introduced gesturing towards each other.

The boy stuck out his hands towards me, smile still on his face. "Mannaseo bangabseubnida,"

I smiled slightly at him shaking his soft hands and was practically squealing on the inside. Yup, definitely Korean.

I have to make him my friend, I thought crazily. I had an unhealthy obsession with the citizens of Korea and this good looking one was not helping my internally frenzied state.

"Tae Yuong is a foreign exchange student from Seoul and he's taking his last year here because of his parent's new job here in America. Being one of my favorite and most intelligent students I'm asking you to show him around. Be his friend and help him adjust then you can part ways if you want to," I was ecstatic at Mr. Johnson's words but then my excitement dulled when I remembered something: I wasn't a people person. Frankly, people hated me and non surprisingly I didn't want Tae Yuong to. I wanted him to like me and be my friend.

Listen to me ranting about a boy I knew nothing about. He could be a jerk, a serial killer, an undercover spy. Did he even speak English for Christ's sake!

"Uh s-sure Principal Johnson," He smiled my way in delight and somewhat...relief? "But just one question," I said. "And what is that?" He asked and the cute boy looked at me curiously.

"Does he speak English?"

After a few seconds of silence both Principal Johnson and Tae Yuong burst out in laughter making me flush in embarrassment. Of course he did. What kind of question was that? I chastised myself. He wouldn't have came to an American school if he didn't speak our main language! I mentally face palmed.

"Of course Carrie." Principal Johnson said after recovering.

Tae Yuong sent me a heart stopping smile and I almost swooned at how lovely he said my name, "I do speak English Carrie, and Taiwanese, Mandarin, a little bit of Spanish and a few other old languages that are non existent at this point in time."

My mouth fell agape at his neutral words. Wow. "I take an advanced French class." Was my only response making him laugh again.

"You're cute." He commented making red rush to my cheeks again and I push aside my blonde hair that I didn't bother catching up or putting in a bun today.

No dude, you have mistaken, you're the only cute one here.

"Get along you'll miss all of your classes if you stay here," Principal Johnson said practically shooing us out the door.

"Can I see your schedule?" I asked shyly as I outstreched my open hand towards him.

"Yes," He handed me a familiar sheet of printing paper and my eyes ran over his classes for today.

"Oh, well, we have art together which is right after second period AP math." I informed him handing it back to him without meeting his small dark eyes.

"Your locker number is 84, have you been to it as yet?" I asked finally looking up to him making him shift his eyes away from me. I frowned shortly. Was he staring at me? The thought made me uncomfortable.

"Yes the principal took me there to put away my stuff," I nodded.

"Do you remember your combination? Have you reset it? You probably should if you want to not have to break into your own locker," I ranted biting on my lower lip to stop myself as Tae Yuong looked at me amused.

"I remember and I did change it earlier on." He stated staring at me in the eyes making me look away quickly.

"U-uh okay. Let's get your art supplies and head off to class." I said walking in the direction of his locker.

He followed behind me soundlessly.

After retrieving his items and mine also we went to class.

---------------

We were only a few minutes late for class but I was still worried nonetheless even with a reliable excuse.

Every pair of eyes shifted towards us as we entered the classroom.

"Miss Monroe, your excuse for being late to my class?" Ms. Applebottom prodded as she took in the sight of us by the door. I know, I know, it's an hilarious surname especially when the boys she taught kept making jokes and singing songs referring to it. The other reason why I was worrying because she liked handing out detention slips as if they were a first class ticket to the Bahamas and I would be heartbroken if I received one.

"He n-new and I had to show him around. Principal's orders," I explained pointing towards Tae Yuong who stood wordlessly beside of me.

She nodded at my excuse and gestured for me to take a seat but not Tae Yuong. I knew what she was going to do. Make him do an introduction. I gave him my best look of encouragement and took my seat in the corner where my stool and canvas awaited.

"Everyone listen up! We have a new student here and we're going to give him our undivided attention for him to introduce himself. Go ahead kid." Miss said taking her regular place behind her desk.

I bit my lip as I looked at him. He looked so unsure of himself, nervous even. I knew the feeling of being up there, feeling like a freaking exhibition. Everyone ready to judge the "new kid"and it was completely horrible.

"My name is Cha Tae Yuong and I recently moved here from Korea. I hope I will have a decent semester here and have some fun too." His voice knocked me out of my thoughts and I looked up to see him rubbing the nape of his neck awkwardly. At least he didn't stutter like someone I knew. My eyes swept over the classroom.

Three quarters of the female students were awweing at how "cute his accent was" and "adorable he looked" or they were simply gazing at him starry eyed. I guess they liked him, I thought.

I rolled my eyes at them but let out a breath of relief. I didn't know why but I was glad they did in fact like him. The school's female population was greater than the boys' and when they liked someone practically all of the school will in due time.

I didn't want Tae Yuong to feel left out or as if he didn't belong. I wanted him to have fun as he hopes even if it isn't with me.

Tae Yuong was directed to take a seat next to me and I internally smiled when he took the one next to me.

Ms. Applebottom continued with her lesson and the glares from the girls shifted off of me momentarily.

"That was nerve racking," He whispered looking like a scared little puppy much like Hershey's. I gave him a look of understanding and turned my attention back to the teacher.

-----------

"Hello Carrie!" Tae Yuong greeted rather loudly making me jump beside my locker in shock.

"I didn't mean to scare you," He apologized frowning.

"O-oh you didn't. I was just a little taken aback that's all." I assured.

"How was chemistry class?" I adverted but still genuinely curious.

He snorted almost instantly and it made me want to laugh at his tortured expression. "It was not as nice as the art class. All these girls were sending me pieces of papers with digits written onto them. It made me wonder if I was in math instead." I bit my lip from bursting out laughing. God, that was funny to hear.

The inquisitive teenagers stared openly at Tae Yuong and I walked closely beside each other. They didn't even bother to hide the fact that they were staring.

Tae was unfazed constantly humming the tune of a song I didn't recognize. He hummed all the way to the lunch line, the only time he stopped was when he opened his mouth to ask me a question, "What should I get?"

I glanced at him with uncertainty. I had no idea what he would like to devour, before I could think it through my mouth offered the first thing that came to mind, "Some fruits?"

Don't judge. The fruits here were actually really good.

He surprised me by agreeing easily, "Okay."

We reached the cashier shortly after and as I was about to pay for my lunch Tae Yuong quickly took my money from my hand and shoved it in my front pockets and payed for both our lunches before I could react. "My treat. You have been really kind to me by showing me around and all that so far." He said sweetly.

"You didn't have to Tae Yuong," I spoke softly beginning to move away.

"I know," He replied sending me a cute deuces that he placed right in front of his eyes as he spoke.

----------

Tae Yuong followed me all the way to the top bleachers. He took a seat beside me biting into his crunchy sounding apple. "Why do you sit here Carrie when everyone does over there?" He pointed in the direction from which we came.

"Silence," I replied truthfully gulping some of canned Sprite.

"I do not understand." He stated with a frown. I sighed.

"They are too many watchful and judging eyes there, I like to be away from that and at peace and this is the only place on campus where I can get that." I explained gazing out into the open field and at the normal clear skies that the bright sun.

I indeed felt at peace as I listened to the birds chirp happily and felt the warm wind skim across my skin. There was a silence between us as we ate until Tae Yuong parted his lips and spoke words that will no doubt be etched into my memory for a long time.

"Sometimes the 'peaceful silence' as you say is our biggest foe in life. Silence is bitter, it makes the one consuming it also bitter. That is why I prefer to blast a million different tunes in my ears to rid out that silence. I'd rather be distracted and annoyed than bitter." He finished taking a sip of his bottled water as if he had just informed me of the time.

Huh.

---------

"Goodbye!" Tae Yuong exclaimed as he hopped into what seemed like his parents' car. It was fancy looking, black and sleek. He slid inside with ease after flashing me a warm smile.

"Bye Tae Yuong!" I waved to him and began heading home.

---------

I screech in surprise as a dark silhouette began advancing towards me from the place it held in the corner of my room as soon as I entered.

"Monroe keep quiet, it's just me Alex." A familiar voice hushed.

"What the hell Alex?" I asked clutching my chest. "You scared me!"

"I tend to do that from time to time." He smirked placing both hands carelessly into the front pocket of his jeans leaning against my dresser.

I took him in. He wore his normal jeans but what shocked me was the light blue t-shirt that hugged him perfectly. No black, huh, now that's something you don't see everyday.

I raised an eyebrow at him. "What are you doing here? In my room of all places." I should be angry at him for his words at the supermarket a couple days ago but drunk Alex made up for the sober him and I seriously had to let go of it anyway.

"I needed to talk to you."

What? Why would he want to talk to me? Probably reading my confused face he continued,

"I-I wanted to apologize for what I said at the supermarket the other day. I honestly didn't mean for my words to come out like that you have to believe me and also sorry about coming here drunk off my ass. It must have been such a task for you to keep me in place," Boy, you have no idea...and did he just stutter?

"Say something." He pleaded when I hadn't spoken yet.

"I forgive you." I finally uttered making his eyes widen slightly.

"What?" He asked.

"I forgive you." I repeated.

"Why?" He asked in genuine confusion and I looked at him weirdly. Didn't he want me to forgive him in the first place, why was he questioning it? "Not that I don't want your forgiveness but why so quickly or easily?"

"Drunk Alex took care of your apology I guess," I said an amused smile threatening to overtake my lips. "he did sing a couple Frozen tracks."

He was stunned into silence for a few minutes until a loud, "No freaking way!" Came out his mouth. He groaned and placed his head into his hands taking a seat onto my bed.

"Yes way." I began laughing as he started cursing himself. His cursing ceased and he slowly looked up to me as I continued laughing, the memories of earlier resurfacing.

A smile slowly but surely formed onto his plump lips and right then and there as I laughed and he tried to still look annoyed but wanted to join me also I knew we were officially okay.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

473K 15K 37
All I was asking for were directions, instead I got a bad boy to annoy the heck out of. Who am I you ask? Well, I'm Sydney Carson and I'm the girl th...
Lucent By ads ¡¡

Teen Fiction

171K 3.9K 17
lucent (adj); softly bright or radiant ✿ ✿ ✿ My brother's hand traces the cut on my right cheek for some minutes. I have no idea how a cut can b...
30.7K 1.8K 12
C O M P L E T E D Previously called: They Met On A Sunday ☙❦❧ "Beautiful," he mumbled to himself...
1.1M 36.8K 70
HIGHEST RANKINGS: #1 in teenagegirl #1 in overprotective #3 in anxiety Maddie Rossi is only 13, and has known nothing but pain and heartbreak her ent...