Together Again - District3...

Od MyMindAmusesMe

[Book 1] - We've had a lot of bumps in the road. We were friends and lovers but we ended things, well he ende... Více

Prologue
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Author's Note
Part 11
Author's Note
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Epilogue

Part 21

176 2 0
Od MyMindAmusesMe

Part 21: -

Ella’s POV

It’s scary not having Micky here in the hospital with me. Dan came and picked him up earlier so now it’s only me and my thoughts. It’s me and my worries. However, not all my worries are scary. My major worries right now are my wedding and how we’re going to manage to be unseen and out of sight from fans. It scares me because the fans will probably think I’m marrying onto Micky because he’s gonna be full of money but I’m off of money, I couldn’t give a crap about money. Money does no wonders to a person’s life. All you can really buy with money is shitty clothes, cars and places. Oh and food but it doesn’t buy you happiness. It can’t buy you all the things you need in life.

“Hi, Ella, I’m nurse Cassidy and I’ll be your nurse for this evening. It’s nice to see you awake” The nurse that entered my room said.

“It’s nice to be awake to be honest. Although, it only felt like I was out for a night” I spoke back to her.

“Where’s your boyfriend? Normally he’s curled up on the chair sleeping”

“He’s off home. His mum wanted him home tonight because I was awake. Although he’s much more than my boyfriend now”

“You got married?”

“No, the other thing before marriage…but you’re on the right path”

“You’re engaged? YAY. That’s amazing news, I wish you both the best of luck but I’ve been told to give you sleeping pills tonight. Because you’ve just woken up from a coma, you’ll be awake for a bit but the doctors want you to sleep tonight as you’ll be going through a series of tests tomorrow as far as I know. What time they’ll be at, I couldn’t tell you”

“Do I need to take the pills? It’s bad enough being poked and prodded all day but getting the same treatment tomorrow, ugh! I’ll be black and blue before I even get down the aisle,” I groaned.

“Unfortunately, you do. I’m sorry Ella, it’s hospital policy. The doctors wish for you to be awake while getting these tests done” Ugh, my life is horrible. I swear, I’m gonna be black and blue before I even make it down the aisle.

   Nurse Cassidy held the pills out to me and since I had to abide by hospital rules, I swallowed them. I hated taking pills; they tasted horrible, worse than cigarettes and alcohol. She checked my mouth for me having taken the pills and then left. This was horrible, I felt horrible. I felt dirty, probably haven’t been washed in two freaking weeks. There’s always hope for tomorrow, I’m hoping for that wash.

   I awoke the next morning, feeling as fresh as a spring daisy. I must’ve fell asleep into a perfect sleep, probably needed it even though I’m just out the coma. It is weird, to say that you’ve been in a coma when it just felt like an hours sleep. I get that I was out for two weeks but it didn’t feel like it. Everything felt like it was one big dream, not reality. Being engaged definitely felt like a dream, it felt like a dream because there’s no way Micky would propose at 18 years old. Maybe, he’s did it for the right reasons but maybe also for the wrong reasons. I don’t know, I’m happy to be engaged to him but I’m also scared. I was scared in case this was short lived and that Micky was gonna have to plan a funeral not long after the wedding. That scared the crap outta me.

“Hello there, Miss Montgomery, I’m Dr Patil and I’m conducting your tests this morning. They aren’t going to hurt, hopefully but you will also be getting moved to the Renal High Dependency Unit, just because you have dialysis tubes in your side, we’re having to continue your treatment on the machine just until you’re able to pee. I’m pretty sure you feel as if you’re a pin cushion right now but as you were in the coma, we had to feed you and hydrate you plus, we had to give you medicine. Now, before we start is there anyone you want to be here as we’re conducting the tests?” Dr Patil explained. Everything happening to me sounded revolting and it was only like 8 am in the morning. Damn, I’m gonna be uncomfortable all damn day.

“Not right now, my fiancé will still be sleeping after sleeping on those chairs for two weeks so just come right ahead and do the damn things” I said through gritted teeth. The needles they had were massive and it scared the crap out of me. Deep breaths Ella, you’ll get through this. Oh shut up brain, I know what the hell to do. Oops, sorry mistress.

“Fair enough, the first is just a blood a sample and then the others are for checking your potassium levels and your cancerous cells in your body. First two shouldn’t hurt,” He said while shoving the first needle in my arm. I wanted to groan at how painful this was but I had to be brave. This is all too hopefully make me better so I need to suck up the pain and just let them get on with it but this was freaking torture.

   Half an hour later and the torture was gone but by god was I in freaking pain now. The pain my arm was in was torture and it felt like it was gonna fall off sometime soon. I need Micky for cuddles.

Micky’s POV

When I got home last night, my mum shoved me to my bed. She said I looked extremely exhausted. I felt fine but I did fall asleep into darkness once I hit the pillow. I just hoped Ella was alright because I know how scared she is. How scared she’s gonna be. I just wish she’d get the miracle she wanted; hopefully she’ll receive it soon.

   I awoke this morning feeling refreshed and more alert. Today was the day, I had to tell Matty the good news and also ask him to be my best man. I thought of asking Greg or Dan but then I realised, I couldn’t chose between my best friends. It’d cause friction between us all so that’s why I’m choosing my brother, as long as he doesn’t tell too many embarrassing stories about Ella and I, I’m happy.

   I walked into the kitchen after getting washed and changed to find my parents smiling at me and Matty wondering what the heck was going on.

“Is someone gonna tell me what the heck’s going on? Mum and dad have been smiling like idiots since I got up this morning and it’s freaking me out” Matty questioned. Here goes nothing.

“I have big news, well two sets of big news. One I never told mum or dad yesterday,” I said while sitting down and then continued, “Matty, I’m getting married to Ella. Her cancer’s spread and no one knows how long she’s got left but before you think I’ve done it for the wrong reasons, I haven’t. I love Ella; she’s the only person I’ve ever loved in my life and I wanna be there for the rest of her life and I was gonna ask you if you wanted to be my best man. I couldn’t and didn’t wanna pick between Greg and Dan because then it would’ve caused friction between all three of us and I didn’t want that not when we’ve just been signed” I concluded. I just hoped everyone caught on about the last part and then I won’t need to say it again.

“Wait a sec; you want me to be your best man?” Matty asked confused.

“Yeah, you’re my brother and brothers stick together”

“Sweet, so I get to tell embarrassing stories about you and Ella. YES!” Matty screeched while happy dancing. At least I’ve made his morning.

“Don’t make the stories too embarrassing, please?” I begged.

“No can do, I’ll tell the most embarrassing ones I know” Matty exclaimed before skipping off.

“You’ve only gone and stuck yourself in it now but are you telling the truth about being signed?” My mum asked as she sat my breakfast in front of me.

“Yep, we got the phone call yesterday morning before Ella woke up. The boys and I are officially signed to Universal records. We just need to go to Universal and sign the contract but I don’t know when” I admitted.

“Micky, that’s amazing news. Does Ella know?” My mum half-squealed.

“She does, I told her after she’d woken up and managed to speak properly. Anyway, I’m gonna go see Ella before her mum comes and tortures her with wedding details” I said while placing my bowl in the sink.

“We’ll come by and see Ella later but good luck taming Laurie,” My mum shouted as I shut the door. I just laughed to myself as I set off for the hospital. Before I got to the bus stop, I noticed May’s was open so I decided to pay May a visit.

“Micky!” May shouted as I opened the door, “How is she?” She continued shouting.

“I’ll tell you in private, if I could”

“Of course, come through the back,” She said motioning towards the office area. I weaved myself through the endless amount of customers and landed in the office area to a smiling May, “So how is she?”

“Um, well, her cancers spread. It’s gonna take a miracle for her to get better but she’s not letting it get her down. She’s woke up from the induced coma she was placed in and Ella and I are getting married soon. I don’t know how soon it is but yeah,” I said until I trailed off.

“Did I just hear you say that you and Ella are engaged to be married?”

“You did indeed. I proposed yesterday after she woke up” I admitted sheepishly.

“That’s amazing news. Here’s hoping for the miracle so Ella can have the amazing things she’s wished for” May spoke giddily.

“May, can you please not tell anyone. Ella wants it to be a little private just now just because she can’t be overwhelmed as much. I know I’m asking you to do a big thing here but can you please?”

“Of course, although, I better get an invite to the wedding,” She laughed.

“I’ll personally deliver it myself. Now, I best go see Ella, she was getting a whole load of tests done this morning so she’s gonna be grumpy but I’ll see you soon May”

“See you soon Micky and tell Ella, I’ll be in to see her soon”

“Will do,” I said while exiting the shop. The customers had died down a little so it was easier to manoeuvre myself out. I shoved my hood up and walked further along the road to the bus stop. I just hoped there was no fangirls waiting around for me. I just didn’t want to explain where the hell I was going and why I was so happy because then they’ll go circulate it around Tumblr and twitter and all the other social media websites. Ella just didn’t need that, at all.

  Luckily, I managed to get to the hospital without any fangirls stopping me; their parents must’ve shoved them to school. I was thankful.

     As I was walking to Ella’s room, I noticed William stood at the reception desk asking about Ella, even though he knew what room she was in. It was a little strange to be honest with you but I slipped past William, unnoticed and walked straight into Ella’s room. That with William was weird. Too weird.

Ella’s POV

I was sat up waiting on the arrival of Micky, for some odd reason I was giddy, too giddy. Maybe it was because he was my fiancé or maybe it was because I’m finally not bored anymore. My arm was in slight pain from the injections this morning but I’m not dwelling on them. It’ll leave me soon. I wanted to bounce up and down on my bed in excitement, I don’t know why I was too excited but I was and it was weird. It was strange to me but I loved excitement. I know, I’m one weird chick but it’s been 10-12 hours since I last saw my fiancé, and I loved his company.

“Hey baby girl,” Micky said softly as he entered.

“Hey, I’m getting moved to a different ward today” I rushed out. What the hell was wrong with me?

“That’s good right? By the way, why are you so hyperactive? Seriously, you’ve lit up this morning. I’m not saying it’s a bad thing but a hyper Ella, results in some horrible things happening”

“It is good but I’m still on the dialysis until I’m able to pee and until my potassium levels are normal and my tests are done. One for normal bloods, one for the potassium levels and the sorest of them all, the one for my cancerous cells. However, I’m free from needles today now” I said too giddily.

“Yay, Ella, you do remember your mum is coming in today to see you? Oh, I also spoke to May before I came here today and she says she wants a personally delivered invitation to the wedding. She’s also coming in to see you tomorrow along with my parents” Micky spoke. Yay, I get to see one of my favourite people in the world. Woo.

“What wedding?” William’s voice rung out. Oh crap, when did he come in the room? Micky raised his eyebrows at me as if to say ‘oh crap, help,’ I just burst out laughing at his expression which caused both of them to look at me funnily. Oops.

“Um, Micky and I are getting married” I said between my laughs. I couldn’t stop, I really couldn’t.

“Ella, are you high? I swear, you’ve been excited since I came in here,” Micky asked confused.

“Nope, just happy and hyper. I’m happy I get to see your beautiful face before I see my mum’s grim face and then later, I get to see my wonderful best friends,” I said while laughing. I swear, someone’s done something to me because I’ve never been this hyperactive in my life.

“Ella, what the hell?” Micky said looking confused.

“Um, congrats and I’ll see you later” William said looking deflated. What’s his problem? Oh, crap! He likes me, I think because it was the same look that Alex had on his face when I told him that Micky and I were together.

“Well, that was awkward. But, Micky, I think William likes me. He showed the same face Alex had when I told him we were together all those years ago”

“Ella, everyone knows William likes you. He admitted it to you while you were in the coma. I was stood at the door and I heard him say it. Now, William stuff aside, do you know why you’re so hyper?”

“As I said nope, and the reason I burst out laughing was because of your face. It was like weird but at least he knows, maybe not the reaction I was hoping for but he knows”

“Not everyone will be happy Ella. Which reminds me, Matty knows and I asked him to be my best man since I couldn’t and wouldn’t pick between Greg and Dan. Which means Matty’s also gonna tell embarrassing, real embarrassing stories of us as children”

“Oh lord, no. Our childhood stories are so damn embarrassing. I swear if Matty tells people about the most embarrassing one of all. I’ll kill him”

“Believe me; I’ll be there with you. I don’t want the stories out either but knowing Matty, he’ll tell the world”

“Knock, knock only me,” My mum said while entering my room. Is it the afternoon already?

“Mum aren’t you early?”

“I am but I’m so excited. I get to plan a wedding” Can I kill myself now? Seriously, my mums gonna end up like a bridezilla and it’s not even her wedding. This is gonna be to torture.

“Ok, mum, calm down. We don’t know exactly when I’m able to get out of here. I’m still on dialysis and I’m still on my chemotherapy. Just take it one step at a time”

“I will, later. Now, what type of wedding you wanting?”

“Private, limited amount of guests but the reception we’ll make an exception on. It’s traditional but neutral. I think that’s it, really,” I said. I don’t think Micky wants to say anything to my mum about this in case she goes crazy at him too.

“Who you all wanting at the ceremony?”

“Well, obviously, there’s you, dad and Dale. Carol, Steve and Matty. Dan and Greg, Micky’s band mates. There’s Rachel, Maria and Lottie’s parents. Lottie’s daughter, Rachel’s boyfriend, Ben. My boss May. Dan and Greg’s parents. Nathan and Sam from the theatre school Micky went to. I know you’ll want your business collaborates there too along with Alex’s parents and Alex. Jayne, Micky’s manager. Oh and Rachel, Maria and Lottie, although they’d already be there” I rattled off, remembering the conversation from last night.

“Small but practical. Micky are you going to get in contact with Nathan and Sam?” My mum asked Micky.

“I will indeed when we know further details of when Ella’s getting out and when we can get the wedding done” Micky said a bit quietly. I think he’s a little afraid. Who wouldn’t be afraid of mum? She’s a little scary at times.

“Mum can you keep this on the down low for now. I know you’re excited for planning it but can you keep quiet just for just now. I just don’t want Micky or I to be overwhelmed with hatred and things because we’re so young”

“Ella, they obviously don’t know real love. You two have been best friends for almost 17 years, been in love for many years too. Yeah, you hit a rough patch with Alex breaking you two up and losing the baby but you two and here, together. You obviously love each other too much to even be bothered about the past. Look, don’t listen to the haters and think about this, gypsy girls get married younger and they don’t care about things. Just don’t listen to them and we’ll try to keep it under wraps. I know we need to protect you and to keep you safe, don’t worry and we will. You’re our daughter Ella, your dad and I love you and we will do whatever it takes to keep you healthy on that day. Now, I’m gonna go speak to the doctor to find out what’s really happening with you” My mum said softly.

“Ok, that was freaky as hell. When did my mum get soft?”

“Ella, she truly cares. Believe me when I say this, your mum was crying her eyes out when the doctors came out and told us all that your cancer had spread and that you’d been placed in an induced coma to help you recover. You’re her only daughter, she really does care. Yeah, you might’ve had a horrible childhood with her but she’s trying right now to make it up to you and that’s all that matters. She’s trying to do the right thing in case it’s the last chance she’s able to do anything for you. She’s not acting soft just for the wedding, she truly does care” Micky spoke softly. Maybe she does care but I don’t know, I’ve been out of things for the last two weeks, I don’t know anything.

“Well, you’re getting moved to another ward, which, I’m sure you already know. They can’t give me a timescale as to when you’re getting out due to you not begin able to pee yet and also your potassium levels have dropped so they’re working on levelling them out beforehand but you’ve been advised to drink plenty water to get your kidney’s working again, properly”

“It’s amazing what you can find out. Thank you mum, honestly, I’m serious. I know I’m not exactly the easiest daughter to have with my stubbornness and my determination but thank you for doing this for me. I’m sorry in case it’s the last thing you ever get to do for me and I’m sorry I was rebellious as a teenager because I didn’t get everything I wanted. I’m also sorry for keeping the fact that I had cancer hidden for a while until it got bad”

“Ella, we understand why you did. Your dad and I haven’t exactly been the best parents in the world. Your gran and papa will be so proud of you for fighting this. I also know you haven’t told them you’re dying but I did. I also told them you and Micky are engaged. I know you are probably gonna kill me for doing it but I thought they should know. They also want to be there when you walk down that aisle with your dad by your side. They want to see you embark on a new life with Micky. I’m sorry I told them but they were over last night asking about you and wondering why your dad and I were so happy”

“Mum, it’s alright. Honestly, it’s fine. I’m glad gran and papa want to be there but can you get them to come in soon because I wanna see them and apologise for being a stuck up brat. I need to put things right before and if I do pass away. There are some things I need to say to them and thank them for. I’m just glad we sorted things out but can you get dad in too, I wanna see him as well. Maybe not Dale and I know he’s probably dying to see me but I don’t want him to see me like this. It was hard telling him I dying at first and I don’t want to upset him more,” I said as a tear rolled down my cheek. Forgiving people is hard. Although they’ve made my life a living hell, I can’t help but love them.

“Ella, Dale’s saw you in a worse state. He came and saw you while you were in the coma. And yes, he did start crying in the middle of the floor. I must admit, it is awkward hugging a crying man but he cares Ella, you’re his big sister and he doesn’t want to lose you. No one wants to lose you, which is why this is so hard on everyone. You’ve made an impact on everyone’s lives, mine importantly, and that’s why no one wants to see you go. You’re the beautiful sunshine in people’s lives and you’ll be sadly missed if you do pass,” Micky said softly.

“I feel so silly right now. I’m a blubbering mess but hug me, please?” I asked Micky. Micky put the side of my bed own, sat up and held me in his arms as I cried every last drop of tears. I felt like an idiot for crying but I don’t want to die, no one does but somehow, I can feel I’m going to pass and it scares me like hell.

“Ella, I’m gonna go and start planning this and I’ll see you tomorrow to discuss the one thing you’ve not mentioned and I’ll try and get your grandparents in and your dad. I don’t know what you want to do about Dale but I’ll let you decide that on your own. I love you Ella,” My mum said as she left. I couldn’t even answer her back because I was too busy crying. It hurts so damn much to know I’m never gonna be too able to give my mum and dad what they desire. I want that miracle, I need that miracle. I want to see Dale grow up and I want to blossom with Micky and our little children, if I’m not infertile.

“Miss Montgomery, the porters are coming now to take you to your new ward. You’ll get the results of your tests up there. I also believe there’s a congratulation in order of your engagement; we all wish you luck in your health and your marriage” A nurses voice rung out from the door.

“Thank you. Ella would speak right now if she wasn’t crying but thank you”

“It’s no bother but congratulations,” She said as she left.

“I accidentally told my nurse last night that we were engaged because she asked about you”

“It’s alright, as long as the press don’t find out or anyone outside the hospital. But, I’m proud of you. Everyone’s proud of you and I love you for how strong you’re being about this all and thank you for making me happy”

“I love you too,” I said as I sloppily kissed Micky.

“Ok, that was wet. I’m just gonna put that down to your tears but Ella, we’re all immensely proud of you. Your parents included and I don’t know what you want to do about Dale but in my own opinion, he should be allowed to see you. I know you don’t possibly want his last memory of you to be an ugly one but he’s your brother and he probably remembers happier times than anything,” Micky said. Maybe he was right but maybe he was wrong. I don’t know anymore, my heads a mess and I don’t know when it’s going to be clear, hopefully soon it will be. Hopefully soon, I’ll have that miracle I keep dreaming about. Maybe just maybe, I’ll be the happy Ella, I once was. 

A/n: - 

Sorry about the emotional bit near the latter end. I just wanted to show a different side of them both :) enjoy though. 

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

104K 1.5K 46
When Mia's best friend Sky comes to live with her in England, they almost immediately bump into Dan and Micky, not knowing that Dan, Micky and Greg w...
16.8K 1.4K 24
This story is based on my real-life experiences. Yes, you can say this is my life story. But since I haven't found me 'The One' at least in this stor...
43.1K 954 16
After being hurt your whole entire life, how could you even risk opening your heart to someone who is just as broken as you are? Could you ever lear...
3.3K 115 16
Christina Ross tried to kill herself when she was 17. Her best friend, Mikey Way, saved her life. Now, she lives in Cali, studying to become a nurse...