Outcast

By Dancing_In_The_Rain

Anna Smith moves across the country to a new home in Oregon to try to escape her ex-boyfriend who liked to ab... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13 -Part One-
Chapter 13 -Part Two-
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16

Chapter 7

956 15 4
By Dancing_In_The_Rain

Hi guys! Here is the next chapter! I hope you liike it :) 

Chapter 7

Anna's POV

I got to school five minutes before the bell rang and I hurried inside, not wanting to be late for art. Passing by the few people in the hallways, I made it to my locker and took out the stuff I would need; my binder with notebook paper and a lot of drawing supplies. I love drawing. 

Making my way to the art room, I ran into Hailey who was talking to one of her other friends, Rachael I think her name was. She was part of theShadowValleypack too and was in my art class as well. 

I walked over to them; they were standing by some lockers alone so I decided to join them. "Hi guys," I said to them. 

Rachael looked over at me and smiled, and Hailey tackle-hugged me. Not expecting this, I fell into the lockers laughing. "Nice to see you too," I said and I pried her off of me. 

Rachael was laughing along with me and Hailey said. "What? I'm a very clingy person!" And we laughed some more at that. 

"Come on, we don’t want to be late for first period," Rachael said. With that was set off for the art room and got there just in time because the bell rang right as we took out seats; Hailey and Rachael at a front table and me in the back where James should be, but he's not here. Disappointment washed through me, although I don't know why. It's kind of confusing.

Mrs. Marcum called the class to attention and told us what our assignment was today; Outdoor scenes. She said it didn’t matter what was in the drawing as long as it related to the outdoors and the only things that could be in it were animals and natural outdoor things.

What could I draw? I thought. Maybe I could draw the wolf I ran into the other day or the golden yellow eyes the shined up at me from the forest last night. That's it!             That's what I'll draw. Those mysterious golden yellow eyes that I'm guessing belonged to the wolf I ran into the other day.

I grabbed one of the two pieces of paper from the table (Weird because James isn’t here) and started drawing. I drew the trees in the distance, and the meadow that leads to them. Halfway into drawing the meadow, a wonderful smell hit my nose as the door opened and my heart kicked into over drive. I looked up to see James walk in and hand a note to the teacher.

What in the world is this boy doing to me?! I swear I'm going to go crazy.

I watched as James walked over to our table, keeping his hazel eyes locked onto mine. I looked away quickly, a blush coloring my face. I turned my attention back to my drawing but I didn’t miss it when he sat down and took the second sheet of paper from the table.

"So," I heard him say, his voice deep and oddly comforting. "What's the assignment today?"

I looked up at him. "Um... We have to draw something that’s in nature, like a forest or something like that." I said and then looked down again, my hair making a curtain around my face. I didn't want to get lost in those hazel eyes of his. Actually, I take that back. I did want to get lost in his hazel eyes, but I didn't exactly feel like drooling over him like I know I would.

"Okay, thanks." James said. I just nodded and went back to drawing, but his voice interrupted me again. "I hope you don't mind me asking, but why did you move?"

I looked up at him, curious. He's the only one who's asked me this. "I don't know, my dad just wanted to I guess." I told him, but that wasn’t the real reason. The real reason was that I was being stalked by my crazy ex-boyfriend who abused me, one reason why I don't want another boyfriend. 

"Oh, ok." He said, but I don't think he believed me. Sighing, I turned back to my drawing.

I worked on the streak of lighting and the eyes I saw in the woods, the forest that seemed to stretch on forever and the purple-y black clouds that hung low in the sky. 

When the bell rang, I jumped in surprise. I hadn't even been paying attention to the time! Shoving my drawing supplies back in the zipper pouch in my binder, I went up to the front of the room, aware of James' eyes on me the whole time, and turned the drawing in. 

I went over to Hailey's and Rachael’s table and waited for them. "What did you guys draw?" I asked.

Rachael gave me a sheepish look. "Well, we didn’t really know what to draw so we kind of just talked the whole time. We aren't the teachers’ favorite students right now." She said. 

I chuckled. "Good one." Turning to Hailey I asked her, "Ready to go? Have to be in Algebra early today," I grimaced. We were being assigned a project and we had to choose our partners. Hailey was partnering with me so all we had to do was get out project instructions and what we were being assigned too. 

"Yeah, hold on." Hailey said as she put her pencil and eraser in the blue pencil box she always carries. "Ok! Ready! We'll see you later, Rachael," Hailey said as we walked out the door to second period. 

Second and third period came and went, now it was lunch time and it was a good thing too; I was starving! 

After we got out food in the lunch line, Hailey and I made our way over to her group of friends. In total, there were five of us including me. There was me, Hailey, Rachael, Amanda, and Abby. We were all werewolves, which is a good thing so we have nothing really to hide from each other. 

They greeted us as we sat down and began to eat, talking about nothing in particular until Amanda asked, "Hey Anna, why is James staring at you?" At the mention of his name, I almost choked on my food and Abby patted me on the back. 

After coughing for a second, I replied. "I don't really know, why?" 

"Just wondering, because he's been staring at you almost the entire lunch period and I thought it was weird." Amanda told me. 

"Oh, ok." 

Rachael piped up and said, "You know, this morning I was at the pack house and heard from someone that he had found his mate. I'm not sure how they found out though, considering he was banned or whatever from his pack." I gasped in surprise. He was banned from his pack? So he's the one that was banned...

"What was he banned for?" I asked, sneaking a glance over at James who was still staring at me, probably trying to figure out what we were talking about but we were too far away for him to hear us.

Abby looked at me surprised. "You don't know?" She asked.

"Well of course she doesn't know! She's only been here for like two days." Hailey said. "But the reason he was kicked out was because he told a human about us, and then brought her to one of our meetings. You should have seen him, he looked heart broken." When she said that a sharp pang of jealousy and anger shot through me. 

Shoving those confusing feelings aside, I looked back at James again. He looked angry. Like, murderously angry. "Um... Guys, it looks like James is about to go on a killing spree or something." I said. 

They all looked at each other, a panicked look on their faces. "Please tell me you are joining our pack!" Abby whisper-yelled. 

"Err, yeah there’s a ceremony this Saturday... Why?" I asked, curious as to what that has to do with James looking like he wants to murder someone. 

They all looked a little more relieved. "Only people in the pack are supposed to know." Hailey said, and we all looked back over at James, who was now no where to be seen. 

"Where..." Amanda began, but she stopped short and her eyes went wide as she looked at something behind me. The rest of them did the same.

"What are you guys looki-" I nearly jumped out of my chair when a hand landed on my shoulder, sending bolts of electricity through me and making my stomach flip. Something whispered in the back of my mind, but I wasn’t paying attention to it.  

I slowly turned my head to look at the hand on my shoulder and my eyes trailed up the well muscled arm it was attached to. My eyes met bright hazel ones, and it felt like I could get lost in them forever. 

"Can I talk to you for a minute?" James asked his voice low. "Alone?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, sorry if its short... but at least its something... :/

Have a good day! 

Vote comment and fan please :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

599K 17.1K 35
Outcast. Bullied. Hated. Rejected. This was Hailey Johnson's life and she hated it. She takes a stand and decides to run away. As a rogue she comes u...
465K 15.6K 32
The Smith Organization helps rogues of every supernatural species by being their pack to prevent them from going crazy. They accept witches, werewolv...
631K 14.8K 24
After Lexi's parents die, she's a loner. Her brother isn't there for her like he should be, she has no friends, no one even notices her. Until her fu...
5.6K 324 27
What is the destiny of a she-wolf on the run to the human land? . . . At a young age, Alexia lost her parents. With her current status and rumours su...