Just A Fan? [SEQUEL to "Fan 4...

By kimpyvon

Gail Smith, still coping from the recent heartbreak she experienced from Harry, decided it was time to move o... More

Just A Fan? [SEQUEL to "Fan 4 Life"]
1: Rivershire University
2: Four Directioners
3: See Them Soon
5: Welcome One Direction !
6: Old and New Feelings Blossom
7: Broken
8: Something's Brewing
9: The Significance of Friendship

4: To Love or To Forget?

274 27 2
By kimpyvon

*Dedicated to Kari/@MsMouse97 Dianna Agron as Kari >> ( pic on the side)

Gail Smith

Devon and I happily skipped to our dorm, first day of school sure is hectic.

I asked Danica if she wants us to go back together but she insists on practicing until dinner time.

It was fine with me to wait for her but she insisted on me going first.

Huh, wonder what's up.

Devon told me he's also living in the dormitory. I mean--

How cool is that? We're going to be seeing each other pretty often.

"When did you start singing?" Devon asked.

"Me? I started singing in the bathroom. Actually, it started when I was LSS-ing in this One Direction song. Afterwards, it became a habit for me to sing when taking showers." I laughed.

"Really? That's cool." Devon chuckled.

"You?"

"I started singing when I was five. I joined the church choir for two years when I was ten. When I turned thirteen, my friends and I formed a band called 'Gluttoniacs'."

"Gluttoniacs?" I snickered.

"What? We're all gluttons and maniacs." He shrugs casually, "And we're thirteen at that time."

"Wow. So you're really talented in singing, unlike me. Where's your band mates now?" I asked.

"Oh, they were all the same. They went to business school. Music is just a past time for them." Devon sighed.

"You miss them?" I asked curiously.

"Yeah, I guess.. I mean-- we've been so tight. We went on gigs in cafes and bars like that.. I kinda miss the feeling." Devon says, raking his hair with his fingers.

"Lemme guess-- You're the lead singer?" I chuckled.

"Why would I be enrolling on a Voice course if I'm not the lead singer?" Devon states a matter of factly.

"I don't know." I chuckled.

Halfway towards the dormitory, I met up with Victoria and Kari.

When the two girls saw us, they were waving frantically.

"Hey! What's up?" Kari perkily asked.

"Fine." I replied.

"Didn't you have fun?" Kari asked questionably.

"It's okay." I shrugged.

"Yeah, seems pretty lost in her thoughts earlier." Devon chimed in.

"I wasn't! I was listening to music." I retorted, feeling embarrassed.

"Oh. Victoria and I were tasked to do three pieces of looks. Day wear, evening wear and work wear." Kari smiled.

"Well, that's awesome. Today we only had a tour of our classrooms and didn't you know that --"

I was about to tell them about One Direction but then remembered Mrs. Brown telling us to keep it a secret.

I feel kind of guilty.. the fact that I'm hiding something from them... from the girls.

"That...?" Kari inquired, raising one brow.

"Did you know that we're the only two freshman in our class?" Devon finished for me.

"Really?" Kari's eyes sparkled.

I glanced at Devon to mouth a quick "Thanks". He mouthed a "You're welcome" and flashed me his captivating smile.

Oh god, he's so cute--

"Yeah, seems like we're enrolled in an advanced course." I shrugged.

"Waaa!! Gail is so smart, as always!" Victoria chirped.

"I'm not.." I smiled weakly, wanting to disappear right now because for some reason... being here with Devon is sending blood rushing to my cheeks.

"Gail, you're so red! Do you have a fever?" Victoria asked worriedly.

"H-Huh...? No, I don't--"

Before I could even answer properly, Devon took hold of my face then touched my forehead and neck, sending shivers in my entire body.

This boy is dangerous. I said to myself-

He's too hot for my own liking.

"Nope, she doesn't have a fever." Devon concluded.

Of course, I don't, dummy.

"I wonder why she's so red then." Victoria teased.

I felt the heat from my cheeks rise up.

Curse these girls-- I don't know what's happening to me since I've been blushing like crazy eversince.

"So who's your friend here?" Kari winked, nudging my arm playfully.

I shot her a glare; She's obviously making a scene.

"Kari, Victoria, meet Devon. Devon, meet Kari and Victoria." I say, introducing them to each other.

"Hi Devon! Can I call you Dev?" Kari asked nicely.

"Uhh. Sure. It sounds sissy though." Devon laughs.

"It's not. It's a cute name." Kari says, nudging my arm once more.

What the heck..?

"Ahh.. I think I'll leave you girls for now. I remembered some errands to do.." Devon says, scratching the back of his hair and walking off.

What a dumb excuse.

He must've felt a bit out of place.

"He is totally cute!" Victoria squealed, tugging my arm.

"W-What..." I stammered, my cheeks turning pink.

"Oh my gosh, Gail! You're blushing!" Kari squeaked.

"I-I'm not, you guys!"

"I bet there's six pack abs hidden in that shirt. Mmm." Victoria teased.

"You guys!!" I huffed.

"Look at Gail! She's blushing so much!" Kari laughed.

"You guys are meanies." I pouted.

They just laughed and slung one arm around each of my shoulders.

"Let's get to our room, Gail." Kari laughs.

"First day of school and you already got a lover boy?" Victoria teased.

"He is only a friend!" I cleared out.

"Ohhh sure." Kari says sarcastically, rolling her eyes.

We entered the room, it looks like Leah and Quinn already arrived.

Leah's on her bed with head phones on while Quinn is writing-- I don't know what she's writing though.

"What are you writing, Quinn?" I asked, leaving my bag on my bed.

"Homework. Ugh! First day of school, terror teacher plus homework." She panics, scribbling on the sheet of paper hurriedly.

"What's the rush?" I asked.

"One Direction live starts at 5 and it's already 4:30!" Quinn sighs.

"Bummer." Victoria commented.

"Don't worry! I'll finish this on time!!" Quinn huffed, scribbling more words on the paper- this time- more fast paced than earlier.

"You can do it, Quinnie!" Kari cooed.

Gosh, speaking of One Direction--

I really have this urge to tell them.

It's killing me on the inside... I know how much they love those guys..

If I don't tell them, then it's like I'm hogging this piece of information to myself.

"Say, is Danica practicing again?" Leah asked curiously.

"Yeah, I suppose so." I answered.

"Dang. She's going to miss One Direction Live." Kari sighs.

Then there's the endless chattering about how hot the five One Direction members are.

There were a few argument statements though. They seem to like competing on who's the hottest among the five.

I wanna tell them.

I feel like a bad person if I don't.

It's an opportunity for them to meet the guys and I'm crushing it.

I have to tell them--

"Guys, I need to tell you something!" I suddenly announced, making all of them look at me.

"What is it?--"

* Good afternoon, California directioners-- It's exactly 5 in the afternoon and as always, I'm Harry Styles' manager and this is-- ONE DIRECTION LIVE. *

"You can tell us later." Quinn suggested.

"But this is urgent." I pleaded.

"This is also important." Leah says, pointing at the radio.

"Sorry, Gail." Quinn says, giving me an apologetic look.

"You can tell us later. We can't miss the One Direction interview today." Kari faintly smiled.

I sighed heavily and shook my head.

"What is it, Gail?" Victoria asked, nudging my arm.

The other girls are already busy singing along with their hair brushes and so I heaved a sigh, deciding to tell Victoria.. for now.

"You can be trusted, right?" I whispered.

"Is that a question?" Victoria says sarcastically.

"Guess not." I chuckled.

"Spill."

"It's One Direction." I whispered.

"What about them?" Vic asked.

"They're coming... here."

"No way-- What do you mean?"

"They're coming... as in.. here. Rivershire University. It's some sort of training for Voice majors." I explained.

"You're so lucky." Victoria pouts.

"You can see Niall in your spare time anyway. We have breaks for a reason." I winked.

"That's true. Wait. Do you really want to tell the other girls?" Victoria asked in doubt.

"I don't know.. I kind of feel bad for them. They're like One Direction fanatics." I sighed.

"That's true..."

"What are you guys whispering about there? Come on! Sing along with us!" Quinn offered.

Victoria and I exchanged glances and laughed, grabbing our hair brushes and singing along with them.

Not to mention, dancing crazily is a must! ;)

Play video "Nobody Compares" by One Direction on the side >>

Victoria: You're so pretty, when you cry, when you cry, wasn't ready to hear you say goodbye now you're tearing me apart,

Quinn: Tearing me apartttt, you're tearing me apaaaart.

Kari: You're so London, you're own style, you're own style, We're together it's so good, so girl why

Quinn: Are you tearing me apart, tearing me apart,

You're tearing me apaaaart.

Leah: Did I do something stupid, yeah girl if I blew it, Just tell me what I did, let's work through it, There's gotta be some way, to get you to want me

Kari: Like before....

Quinn: 'Cause no one ever looked so good In a dress and it hurts, 'cause I know you won't be mine tonight

Me: No one ever makes me feel like you do when you smile,

Baby tell me how to make it right

Victoria: Now all of my friends say it's not really worth it,

Kari: but even if that's true...

Gail: No one in the world could stop me from not moving on

Baby even if I wanted to, nobody compares to you.

And then Kari grabs her scarf and tossing it back and forth, making us laugh.

Kari: We're so Paris when we kissed, when we kissed, I remember the taste of your lipstick

Quinn: Now your tearing up my heart, tearing up my heart,

You're tearing up my heearrrrt.

Leah: Did I do something stupid, yeah girl if I blew it, Just tell me what I did, let's work through it, There's gotta be some way, to get you to want me

Victoria: Like before....

All: 'Cause no one ever looked so good... In a dress and it hurts, 'cause I know you won't be mine tonight,

No one ever makes me feel, like you do, when you smile,

Baby tell me how to make it right...

Kari: Now all of my friends say it's not really worth it, but even if that's true....

Me: No one in the world could stop me from not moving on,

Baby even if I wanted to.... Nobody compares to you..

"Wow, Gail. Way to go in finishing the song!" Quinn complimented.

"Yeah! Your course really fits well for you!" Kari adds.

"Thanks, girls." I smiled shyly.

"Now about the thing you wanted to say earlier--"

Leah was interrupted by claps.

All of us snapped our heads to the direction of the door only to see Devon and two other boys.

"You all got nice voices." Devon smirked.

"Who are you?! What are you doing here?! This is our private space, don't you know?!" Quinn panicked, taking her umbrella and ready to poke them with it.

"Woah woah woah, we're not here to disturb you so don't eradicate us if that's what you're trying to do. We were just captivated by your voices." The guy who looks like a bad boy, smirked back.

Woah, these boys are really hot.

"They're friends of ours, Quinn." Kari says, skipping happily towards them. "Hi Dev!" She greets.

The two guys beside Devon laughed.

"Hi Dev." The blonde one mocked.

"Did you just copy my voice on purpose!?" Kari fumed.

"I'm afraid so." The blonde one smirks, stepping forward and inching near Kari.

"W-What the hell do you think you're doing..?" She spat at him.

"You're so cute.." I saw the guy whisper on Kari's ear.

Oh my gosh, these boys have the same pheromones as Devon.

They're all dangerous!

Kari's face flushed pink but she lowered her head so it won't be that noticable.

"What's your name?" I hear the other guy inching towards Kari and whispering on her other ear.

Oh no! Poor Kari!

"Out of my way!"

The three guys snapped their heads to Danica's direction where her eye brows are narrowing at them.

"Who the hell are you and why are you blocking my way?!" She spat.

The guys gave her way as she went in.

Smooth move, Danica.

She seems pissed though.

"You look exhausted." Leah says.

"I am! Gosh, I stink of sweat." Danica complained.

"Your sweat smells nice."

We flinched when we saw who it's coming from.

The guy who looks like a bad ass, brown gelled up hair, feisty black eyes.

Looks like she's got a thing for Danica. ;)

"Excuse me..?" Danica hissed.

He went towards her, who was lying on the bed and kneeled down on one knee.

"What is this? Are you proposing?" Danica said in shock.

"It's just that.. I've never seen someone so beautiful before." He replied, kissing the back of Danica's right hand.

"What the hell?" Dani says, shoving his hand away and wiping off her hand where he kissed it.

The five of us were giggling and watching the both of them.

"We should've bought popcorn." Leah suggested.

"I want cheese!" I winked.

"Sorry for the intrusion." Devon says, pulling badass guy away from Danica.

"Oh, you should be." Danica snobishly says.

"We just heard the girls singing and thought we could peek and see who they were. I didn't know it was your gang, Gail." Devon sexily smirked at me, flashing his perfect set of white teeth.

"Is it good?" Kari asked curiously.

"World class superb." Blondie chuckled.

"I'm not talking to you!" Kari huffed, crossing her arms on her chest.

Blondie smirked.

God, they're so alike.

"Anyway, these are my roomies, Jacob (badass guy) and Charles (blondie)." Devon introduced.

"Hi girls." They waved.

The girls seems creeped out though.

"Ah. Well, I'm Gail. These are Victoria, Leah, Quinn, Kari and Danica." I introduced.

"Danica's a nice name." Jacob sighed.

Oh, I got a new nickname for Jacob.

The bad boy hopeless romantic.

"I missed One Direction Live, didn't I?" Danica pouts, changing the topic.

"Yeah, you did. But there's an interview of the five later!" Quinn squeals.

"Eeep! I wouldn't miss it for the world." Danica clapped.

"I'd rather give you a personal interview of myself. A lot of girls wanted it but I'll give it to you exclusive." Jacob winked at her.

"Get lost, freak." Dani scowls.

"Ooooooh. This is probably the first time you got rejected. Isn't that right, Jacob?" Blondie-- Er.. Charles teased.

"I love a good challenge." Jacob answered, licking his lips.

Gosh, Dani's so strong! Even I'm getting carried away of Jacob's looks.

"What about you, Charles? Anyone you fancy?" Devon asked, nudging his friend.

"Kari's kinda cute." Charles smirks.

Kari blushed and looked away.

"I told you they're all pretty." Devon winked.

"How do you know we're pretty when this is the first time we've met. You guys are seriously fishy!" Quinn scolded.

Ah~ Our very protective stage mom! :')

"There's a saying that says you can describe a girl by her friends, right? Well, Gail is beautiful so her friends must be too." Devon answered.

When he answered this, his stare never left mine.

I know it's supposed to be creepy but somehow, it made my heart skip a beat.

"Right. What are you guys doing invading our space?" Leah says, rolling her eyes.

"Hey, it's dinner time, guys." Mr. McAdams suddenly popping out of nowhere in front of our door.

"Hi Sir!" Devon greeted perkily.

"You guys are here too." Paul laughed, fist-bumping the three.

I saw Leah flush a bit, making me laugh.

"Oh, so everyone's got a date except me now." Quinn exasperatingly says.

"I don't too." Victoria smiled.

"Let's be dates!" Quinn hugged. "I'm forever alone." She sniffled.

* ONE DIRECTION LIVE now presents an exclusive behind the scenes interview from the five about their new album 'Daybreak' *

"Can't we go a bit later?" Quinn gasped.

"Yeah. Can we spare a few minutes?" Danica pouted.

"Well, I hate to break it to you guys but-- I don't think my mom would let go of this one if you girls are late again." Mr. McAdams sadly informed us.

"That's a shame." I pouted.

"I heard there's a replay of the interview tomorrow." Devon chirped.

"Really?" Kari's eyes sparkled.

"Yeah." Devon shrugs.

"We'll just listen to it tomorrow then." Dani says, standing up from the bed and flipping her hair.

All of us laughed and decided to go together to the lobby area for dinner.

The ten of us, including Mr. McAdams, sat on a table and had a nice chat while eating dinner.

I'm starting to like this crowd.

Quinn's motherly affection;

Leah's rebellious attitude;

Kari's hyper activeness;

Danica's workaholic lifestyle;

And of course, my best friend Victoria which I can't possibly come up with only one adjective to describe.

Honestly, I'm liking this crowd.

I can't wait for the rest of the years to come. :)

* PING !*

I was startled so I flipped my phone open and logged in Twitter.

1 new tweet

@Harry_Styles 3 seconds ago

Had so much fun with @HannahFabulous x :)

A rush of jealousy filled through my veins but I decided to ignore it.

There's a tinge of pain in my chest but I shrug it off.

* PING !*

1 new tweet

@zaynmalik1D 2 seconds ago

@perrieedwards looks amazing tonight. ❤ RT "@Harry_Styles Had so much fun with @HannahFabulous x :)"

My throat was dry.

Was that a double date?!

He's dating Perrie now?

My heart felt squeezed and emptied that I wanted to cry.

"You okay?" Victoria whispered to me.

The gang was all smiles as they ate and chat together.

I simply don't want to ruin their mood..

"Yeah, I'm fine. Slight headache." I smiled faintly.

"Oh. Drink medicine later, okay?"

I simply nodded my head in response.

My gaze never left my phone screen.

Their two tweets made my heart sink.

Now, I thought to myself--

How am I going to face them when they go here?

After eating, we went together to our dorms.

"That was so much fun! Charles is really nice and funny." Kari sighed.

"Jacob is the sweetest. He's really hot too." Dani says, suddenly surprising everyone in the room.

"I thought you hate him." I say in shock.

"Yeah, you were very rude to him before." Victoria adds.

"Of course that's all an act, silly! He's hot so why not?" Dani winked.

"Ah~ The old fashioned playing hard to get attitude. I like it." Quinn snickered.

"Lovestruck?" Leah shrugs.

"Of course not! I'm Louis' and forever only his'." Kari and Danica said in sync, glowering at each other.

"I'm Zayn's too." Leah chuckled.

"You do know we're never gonna get a chance to talk to them, do you? Or be friends with them. So how much more a romantic relationship. I say you go and mingle with 'real' commoners. The real thing. One Direction seems very hard to reach. They'll never notice us." Quinn states.

"You got a point, Quinn." Kari pouted.

"Maybe I should consider dating Jacob?" Danica sadly says.

The rest of the gang suddenly felt down.

"Let's face it, girls. This is reality." Quinn says, in the brink of crying.

I can't take it anymore!

I have to tell them!

"You guys are wrong!" I suddenly bursted out.

"Huh? It's okay, Gail--"

"What's so bad about dreaming? Is it a crime to dream about them noticing us?" I cut Kari off.

"But--"

"It's not bad to love them. It's not bad to admire them. It's not bad to think about having dates with them... or.. marrying them in the future--"

"All of those are just dreams, Gail. They'll never happen--"

"NO! You guys listen to me!" I interrupted Leah.

Victoria faced me and nodded her head as if giving me a signal.

"There's a chance. There's an opportunity coming up that we get to meet the boys." I smiled.

"What do you mean?" Quinn asked between sobs.

"They're coming to Rivershire the day after tomorrow. Mrs. Brown spilled the beans about it since they're going to give us Voice majors some advice."

Their faces lit up and finally, I can see their faces light up with happiness that I can't seem to explain.

"NO WAY!! Are you kidding me?!" Quinn asked in shock.

"It's true so there's a chance. You guys have to promise me not to tell anyone, okay? It's our directioner-room's secret." I smiled at them.

All of them nodded their heads in excitement.

"I can't believe this. Leah! Pinch me if I'm dreaming!--"

"OW LEAH." Dani screeches, rubbing her now-swollen arm.

"You told me to pinch you." Leah shrugged.

"I can't wait! I should prepare on what to wear!" Kari says, searching for her closet.

The girls were so excited they even drank milk to make themselves fall asleep.

I'm happy the girls are happy but--

Meeting the boys again after so long....

There are lots of questions running in my head right now.

Are they still the same? Kind, loving, funny and amazing?

I wonder if they changed in the past few years.

Not to mention, I checked my phone but Zayn's not sending me a private message.

It's so unlike him.

Did he and Perrie get back together again? What about Harry and Hannah?

I sighed in frustration and for some reason, Devon's face popped in my head.

What the hell's wrong with me?!

**

Halo! New chappie uploaded ^

What do you think?:))

Send some love , aryt?

My definition of love = Vomments.

*Forever alone* xD

Anyway, enjoy. :v

So what do you think?

Is Zayn back with Perrie? Is Hannah dating Harry?

What about the super hot and cute classmate of Gail's, Devon? :)

Team H? Team Z? or Team D? :')

<3

xx

:>

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9K 21 38
A fanfic about One Direction and a mutual person who got caught up in their world! (There is such a story behind this. Someone said that writing a fa...
10.7K 454 44
Louis Tomlinson. He is the typical ideal athlete at his school, Hayfield high school. Everyone thinks they know him. You know, a player with a big eg...
207K 4.3K 34
Ella Chance goes to college and as she and her friend Katie find themselves in London, Katie contacts with Niall Horan, whose attention she got in on...
77.9K 1.8K 98
BOOK 1: After the help from her family, Liz decides to audition for The X Factor USA. Singing has been her passion and this was her chance to discove...