Sweater Weather~BillDip fanfi...

By _Chibitalia_

Autumn, Fall, Harvest, whatever you want to call it. Leaves falling, pumpkin spice in the air, but most impor... More

All I am
I Want the World
In My Hands
I Hate the Beach
But I Stand
In California
Break
Kill your darlings
Wake your demons
Reveal
The past
Cecil
Operation sixth sense
Wrong Move
All I am
Is a man
I want the world
In my hand
I hate the beach
COVID CAN SUCK MY DIC-

Is a Man

12.6K 562 415
By _Chibitalia_

I was always known for my great service, but for once I wanted to stall. Not so that I'd have more alone time with him, actually just the opposite. I was stalling in hopes that someone would walk in. This place was always busy, I struggled to get people to leave for closing time, and now? Empty. All except for Mason and me. Gravity Falls, I treat you so well and this is the thanks I get? 

Finally he broke the silence, "Do you need, uh, help?"

In truth I did need help. I needed help remembering who they were and why I can't shake this feeling. Yes Mason, I'd love some help, thank you!  

"I guess you wouldn't know since you have never had anything other than regular coffee, but espresso takes a little longer." That was a complete lie, espresso takes approximately 20 seconds to make. But I had no other way to tell him I was waiting for the morning rush.

"Oh, right...sorry..." 

I must have come off too harsh because he's shutting down. I better pick up the atmosphere... How? Why do I care so much? I hardly know the man. He just blew in to town, I mean I don't even have to serve him! 

No, that wouldn't be good for business, I never refuse a customer. 

"You know-," I should probably think of something to say before I open my mouth. "I never did ask, what brings you here?"

This seemed to make him feel better because he smiled, "I came here to write, and visit some family, but mainly to write."

Coffee shops do tend to draw in that type of crowd. 

"What do you write about?" Yeah, let him do all the talking 

"I started off in non-fiction, though everyone I ever encountered told me it was fiction. I knew the truth, I just got so tired defending it so I switched to fiction. All that did was help their case though." 

"Sometimes reality is stranger than fiction."

He laughed, I'm still not used to it, "Got that right." 

I mustered a small smile and went to the kitchen to grab a pastry. What would someone like him want? A seemingly caffeine addicted, sleep deprived, writer... I grabbed a chocolate muffin and headed out to the main floor. I didn't think I was gone for that long, because by the time I returned he was already up and exploring, not that I minded. Like I said before, I want people to feel like this is their space. 

"I figured I'd give you a 'welcome to town' present, or 'welcome back to town' present, and don't worry about paying... It's taking a long time, I didn't mean for you to wait this long." 

God that was a long winded explanation/ excuse.

"Huh? Oh!" That smile "Thank you, but really I don't mind paying."

"No no, please, I insist." 

"How about, in return I-"

Oh god... What could he possibly say? That he'll kill me? Take all my money? Or worse... want to go upstairs...

"sign the copy of my book."

What?

"I'm sorry... what?" I needed a minute to process 

"My book." He said proudly taking the book off the bookshelf. 

Out of Mind

"Oh! Wow, I feel so stupid, I never made the connection." I chuckled nervously, knowing damn well I make it a priority to read that book at least twice a year. Seriously, how could I have not realized? 

"Do you mind?"

"Not at all! I mean it's your book, you wrote it."

"Well it's your book, you bought it." 

He took out a gold glittery pen and wrote on the inside of the hardcover. He wrote quickly and sharply. He furrowed his eyebrows, not like there's much to think hard about, you're simply signing a book.

"There you go!" He closed the cover 

"Thank..you..."

"Oh, here I'll put it back!" He fumbled with the book and finally slid it back on the shelf. He walked sheepishly back to his seat and unwrapped the muffin tin. 

"I really enjoy that book." 

"Huh? Oh, yeah." he chuckled "I figured. The pages are warn and the color of the binding is faded." 

I blushed, someone who notices little details without being prompted... I need to be careful. 

"Your espresso is ready." I quickly changed the topic 

"Thank you, I'm sure it's going to be delicious." 

I nodded and handed him the demitasse cup with his name on it. 

He took the whole cup with one hand, wiping the name off by accident. 

Patrons of Gravity Falls... where the hell are you?

I wiped down the counter, "I really enjoy your characters. I feel as if I know them." 

"Oh yeah?"

"Yeah... Are they inspired by real people? Or are they completely made up?"

He blew on the steam, "Half n' half."

"'Half n' half?', how do you write a half real half fictional character?"

"Well... You write the fictional character with aspects or qualities of the real person. And the product is a half n' half." 

"So the people you based them off, are they still around?"

He took a big sip to finish the espresso. Demitasse cups aren't meant to hold much anyway. I expected him to say something as soon as he swallowed. But instead he stayed quiet. He thought about it. 

"I hope they are. I feel like they are. But that can just be the 'hopeless romantic' side of me." 

"You don't know for sure?"

He shook his head 'no', staring into the empty cup. 

"Do you remember them?"

"Sort of. I remember what they sound like, and what they feel like."

"What about simpler things? Like their name?"

"Actually, I do." 

"So what's stopping you from searching for them?"

"Do you want to try searching for someone with a very common name?"

"I guess searching for John Doe isn't exactly the easiest..." 

I could feel his emotion, almost as if it were a smoke, clouding my lungs, choking me. I needed to get away from it somehow... But in a way it was comforting. His sadness, longing, pain, and anger, I can feel it all. 

"W...well what if you tell me their name?" 

He looked up.

"I see a lot of people come and go. This is a pretty popular place-"

He looked around and laughed, "Really?"

I was embarrassed..."Well usually, some days are slow... But then there will be two people searching for John Doe. And it takes two to make a thing go right, right?"

He narrowed his eyes at me, and it made me uncomfortable, "How old are you?"

  "27." 

He narrowed them further, "You sure about that?"

"Yes..." I averted his gaze 

"Well anyway, you really promise to help?"

"Yes, of course."

He smirked, "Alright, but I'm only going to tell you once."

"Okay? Not like anyone is in here so..."

"Their name was-"

The door swung open and the chatter between a couple filled my ears.

What...

No...

Please tell me he heard them come in, and he'll tell me later, slip me a piece of paper, write me a message... please...

"Got it? You promised to look for them too, so don't let me down alright!" 

If I tell him the truth, maybe he'll be kind and tell me again, "Actually I-"

"Yo! Rehpic! Come up with any new concoctions lately?" One of them yelled as they both took off their shoes

Maybe I didn't hear the name because deep down I didn't want to. 

I turned to Mason, "Got it." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

137K 6.4K 21
Where Lewis Hamilton goes to a cafe after a hard year and is intrigued when the owner doesn't recognise him. "Who's Hamilton?" Luca says from the ba...
771K 30.3K 42
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
484K 10.7K 56
Reneé Rapp X Reader Imagines Regina George x Reader GxG Reneé is taller and older then reader unless requested
2M 106K 62
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...