The Dolphin Trainer || Vkook

By jiyeoung

Taehyung is the schools bad boy heartthrob and famous dolphin trainer and Seoul's "Sea World" Jungkook is the... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
voting poll one.
Chapter 22
voting poll two
Chapter 23

Chapter 6

20.9K 1K 1.6K
By jiyeoung

This chapter is dedicated to: @vkookcells_ for the amazing book cover.. thank you so much!

Hoseok's POV

- earlier that day -

After lunch, Jimin and I had to leave for our sea lion show. We bid our friends goodbye before heading off. As we were walking, I noticed Jimin was smiling sheepishly to himself.

"You look stupid," I joked while nudging him slightly with my elbow. "Why are you smiling?"

"Oh nothing," he giggled.

"Tell me! Tell me! Tell me!" I repeatedly jumped circles around him, urging him to spill the beans.

"Aish! Alright hyung!" He groaned. "God, sometimes I wonder who's actually the hyung around here."

I rolled my eyes and wrapped my arm around Jimin. "So what is it?"

"I-I think I like Jungkook." Jimin blushed.

"You mean shark bait?" I scrunched my forehead. "The new kid?"

He hummed in response. "He's cute."

"It seems like Taehyung is taking an interest in Jungkook too." I groaned in annoyance.

"I hope not." Jimin mumbled. "We both know how long you've liked Taehyung for."

"It's just irritating, you know?!" I bursted. "Having one-sided love for your best friend who's too dumb to see it! He doesn't even take the time to notice all the hints I'm dropping. Am I making it too difficult?"

Jimin shook his head. "Everyone sees the way you and Taehyung hang around each other like a couple. In fact, it's surprising you guys aren't officially dating."

I sighed. "No shit. And it's going to be a lot more difficult with Jungkook in the way."

"Hyung, I told you that I like Jungkook right?"

"Yeah?"

"So what if I get Jungkook too fall in love with me? Then you can have Taehyung all for yourself." He suggested.

I thought for a moment, unhooking my arm from around his shoulder. "That could be a possibility. We'll see."

After the sea lion show, Jimin and I had a small meet and greet with the kids, letting them interact with the animals.

Jimin and I always have the best time while working together. There's never a dull moment when we're together. One time, the seal accidentally threw up on him.

I'm thankful that I have a friend like him. He's always there for me; from listening to my problems to driving around mindlessly for hours at night.

"Yah Jimin! Stop blowing the bubbles at me!"

Earlier a kid handed Jimin a small bottle of bubbles and he's been constantly blowing it at me.

"Oh please Hobie! You love bubbles!" He giggled. "You know you want to pop them."

"No." I growled. "I have to remain cool."

"Cool?" Jimin scoffed. "Cool my ass." He teased, blowing more bubbles at me.

"Yah!" I yelled, swatting the bubbles to the side.

"See! You're getting the hang of it." He laughed.

I shook my head in disapproval, but eventually ended up playing with the bubbles. "If anyone from school sees us doing this, our bad boy images are going to be ruined."

"We can just beat them up to make sure they stay quiet." Jimin winked.

"And they say Taehyung is the violent one."

"Do you think we can blow bubbles out of our mouth if we drink it?"

"I don't know Chimchim," I smirked. "Drink it and tell me."

"Rock-paper-scissors, loser drinks it."

"Deal."

We played best out of three and I ended up loosing. Jimin eagerly ran over to me and basically preyed my mouth open, trying to dump the bottle into my mouth.

"Do you want me to drown, idiot?" I pushed.

"Just drink it!" He jumped around like a little kid.

I snatched the bubble bottle from him and took a giant gulp. The bitter taste rushed down my throat, almost causing me to throw up.

"What does it taste like?" Jimin observed my face.

"Like someone shoved a bar of soap down my throat!" I gagged.

"We would know." Jimin laughed. "Yoongi did it to us once when we woke him up, remember?"

"Don't remind me." I groaned. "Gah, I'm going to be sick."

"Try burping! Maybe a bubble will come out!" He giggled.

"Yah! What do I look like? A bubble machine?"

"Just do it hyung!"

I sucked in air and burped.

Nothing.

"Maybe you should fart."

"Maybe you should shut up!" I retaliated.

"Why don't we get some cotton candy to get the taste out from your mouth?" Jimin suggested.

"Please."

We walked through the park and I spotted the cotton candy stand near the penguin exhibit. Jimin's phone jingled and he checked his text message.

"Yoongi hyung just texted me. He needs help with something. Apparently it's urgent. Want to come with?"

I was about to agree when I saw two familiar figures standing near the cotton candy, laughing playfully to one another.

"I'm good. I'll just hang back here." I replied, not taking my eyes off the two.

"Okay, well I'll text you after I'm done. Bye hyung!"

Jimin ran off in the opposite direction. I continued to stand in place, watching the two.

"Taehyung, please don't fall for him." I muttered to myself.

I saw the love of my life rest his thumb on Jungkook's chin, pulling it down and slightly parting the younger's lips, then feeding him a piece of cotton candy.

I couldn't bear to watch, but I couldn't take my eyes away either. Part of me wanted to run up there and tear them apart. Another part of me was reminding myself that I'm not his.

I continued to watch them feed each other happily, giggling at who knows what. It's like they didn't have a care in the world about who was watching them.

"What's wrong J-Hoe? Can't stand seeing your boyfriend with another man?"

I turned to find the owner of the unknown voice, spotting our group's arch rivals from another school.

"What are you doing here Mark?"

"What? Is it illegal for me to visit Sea World?"

"Fuck off." I snapped. I pushed through him, attempting to walk away before things got worse. Unfortunately I was blocked by his boyfriend, Jackson.

"How does it feel? Knowing that the one you love can never be yours?" Jackson provoked. "I sure don't know that feeling. Do you Mark?"

"Not one bit." The other sneered. "Can you tell us, J-Hoe."

The two laughed mockingly at me, building my anger up. I clenched my fists and cocked my head to the side. "Jeez Mark. That's a lot of talk for someone who can't take a hit."

"Excuse me?" Mark scowled.

"You're excused." I smirked. "Oh. By the way, you should keep a tracking device on your boyfriend Jackson here. He seems to be getting a lot closer to BamBam then you think."

Jackson suddenly punched me across the face. I stumbled to the side, but recuperated myself. "Yah! Keep that horse mouth of yours shut before I permanently break you jaw."

I growled, throwing a punch back at him. He collapsed onto the ground, coughing out blood.

"What's that? I couldn't hear you properly. Break my jaw? Hah!" I scoffed. "Who's helpless now?"

I was too busy focusing on Jackson to realize Mark was behind me. He yanked my hair back and shoved me onto the ground. He threw a few punches at me and kicked my stomach. I groaned in pain, feeling him attack me from above.

Mark yanked my hair up; forcing me to face Taehyung and Jungkook who had no clue what was going on.

"Well look at that." Mark taunted. "Your being beaten to a pulp and Taehyung has aboslutely no clue. It seems the only person he's focused on is that boy."

I watched Jungkook threw away the trash away and walk back to Taehyung, interlocked their hands together. Usually Taehyung hated those sort of skinships with strangers. What makes this new kid any different?

I spit out the blood that mixed with my saliva, splatting it onto the ground. Mark flipped me around and punched me once more, aiming for my eye but I turned my head away.

"Jackson!" He called out. "Finish him."

"Gladly." Jackson stood up and walked his way over to me.

"Hey!"

Jimin...

"Look who came to join the fun," Mark grinned. "Short stack."

I lay helpless on the ground as Mark tossed me to the side. "Leave Jhope alone."

"Make me." Jackson snorted.

That's all I remember before blacking out. When I awoke, I was laying on a bench beside the penguin exhibit. I shifted around, finding my head resting on Jimin's lap. He smiled down at me, handing me cotton candy. "You're awake."

"What happened?" I muttered, sitting up and rubbing my head.

"I beat them up, that's what happened." Jimin chuckled. "What a bunch of wimps."

"Thanks Jimin." I smiled, taking the cotton candy into my hand.

"No problem."

We sat in a comfortable silence while eating the cotton candy. He mentioned how the "urgent emergency" was Suga wanting someone to spot him while he naps. Jimin scolded his hyung for being a lazy grandpa and came back to fetch me.

"I saw them together," I spoke.

"Who?"

"Taehyung and Jungkook." I answered faintly. "They were holding hands."

"Taehyung? Holding hands? With the new kid? Without a one night fling?" Jimin widened his eyes in shock.

"Crazy right?"

He nodded, just as amazed as I was. "Were they happy?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "Looked like it."

"Maybe we should let them be." Jimin mumbled.

"What? You're giving up just like that?" I turned to look at him puzzled.

"I think so." He responded softly. "I think I actually have feelings for someone else."

"Wow. There's no commitment with you, is there?" I teased.

He giggled and pushed me gently. "Not true! I can be committed!"

"I don't think so." I laughed. "So who is it this time?"

"I can't tell you." He grinned.

"Yah! We never keep secrets from each other! Tell me!" I begged.

"Not this time Hobie," Jimin winked. "This one is too special for me to confess. I'll tell you when I'm ready."

"Whatever Ji-mini."

"Don't call me that!" I snapped. "I'm not that short! You guys are just too tall!"

"Yeah okay," I replied sarcastically.

I looked away from and spotted Taehyung and Jungkook walking this way. Panicking, I quickly stood up from my seat. Jimin furrowed his brows at me.

"What are you doing?"

"Hey Jimin, can you do me a favor?"

"Depends, what is it?" He questioned.

"I don't feel so good. Do you think you can ask Baekhyun hyung for some painkillers? I know he keeps some in the back." I pleaded, desperately wanting to get rid of Jimin before the two see us.

"Okay. I'll come back quickly. Stay here." He smiled, taking the trash and running towards the dolphin show arena.

I felt a little guilty for sending Jimin away like that, but all the matters to me right now is Taehyung. I hid by the cotton candy stand, making sure he can't see me. They suddenly changed directions and walked towards Dolphin Cove.

I followed closely behind before pouncing onto Taehyung's back, catching him by surprise.

"Taetae!"

Taehyung released their hands, making Jungkook frown. I smiled wider, becoming instantly happy.

"Yah! Hobie! Get off of me! You're too damn heavy!" Taehyung shouted.

"I'm not heavy. You're just weak." I joked.

Taehyung rolled his eyes, but then stopped in his tracks when he noticed something. "What happened to you?"

He grabbed my chin and turned my head, observing my face. I probably had bruises and scratches by his eye, lip, and near his temple. I know there are small cuts and blood on my fist's.

"I fought. Nothing new." I shrugged.

"With who?"

"Mark and Jackson. They were making trouble to the penguins by flying French fries and trash into their exhibit." I answered. "So I beat the shit out of them."

"By yourself?"

"Yeah." I lied. "Jimin was helping Yoongi so I was alone. They got more hits out of me then I did with them, but they ran away. 2 vs 1, what do you expect?"

"You should have called me Hobie." Taehyung sighed. "I could have helped you."

I'm glad to know you still care about me.

"I didn't want to ruin your date with shark bait." I said in my annoyed tone.

"We're not on a date." Taehyung retorted. "And I'm always here for you."

I jumped into Taehyung's arms, hugging him tightly. "You don't know how happy those words make me feel." I whispered into his ear.

"What?"

I watched as Jungkook turned to walk away, but Taehyung pulled away from the hug and grabbed his wrist.

"Where are you going?" Taehyung asked.

"Oh, uh, I just thought I should leave you two alone." Jungkook answered, his head lowered. "It seems like you have an important issue to discuss and I don't want to be a bother."

"I'm not letting you out of my sight." Taehyung said, holding onto his hand again. "You're staying right next to me."

Something burned inside me. It's different from what I felt when I see Taehyung with his one-night stands. I feel like he actually likes this guy. I can't let Jungkook take him this easily.

I punched Taehyung lightly while pouting, using my aegyo on him. "Hobie wants attention." I whined. "Can TaeTae help Hobie with his booboo's?"

"Fine, but I'm coming with." I crossed his arms.

The whole time I was with them, I wathced the way they acted with one another. Jungkook was smiling ear-to-ear, obviously overjoyed at the fact he was holding hands with Taehyung.

I also noticed the way Taehyung would secretly steal glances at the younger, observing his features. I sighed, realizing that I'm probably what people call a "third wheel".

Why does this always happen to me?

It was finally time for Taehyung to help me with my injuries. I kept the truth away from him; scared he may never trust me again. Can you blame me? I just wanted to be alone with him.

I sat on the chair, staring blankly at my feet that were kicking in midair, while pouting.

I'll ask him just this once. If he admits he likes Jungkook, then I'll try and get over him.

Oh how I wish he will say no.

"Yah! Why are you sulking?" Taehyung groaned as he took a seat in front of him.

"You like shark bait." I mumbled.

I heard him laughed and open one of the bandaids. "It seems that way, huh?"

I stared at him confused. Does he think this is funny?

"How can you laugh, V?! Do you actually like that guy?"

"I'm playing with him, Hobie." He answered, attaching a bandaid to the cut on his nose.

I swear, my heart skipped a beat.

"You're what?"

"I'm getting my revenge," Taehyung answered simply as he cleaned off the blood from my hands and attached a band aid.

"You mean, you're just toying with his heart?" I questioned.

He nodded. "I'm just doing what I'm best at. Breaking people's hearts."

"You fucking smart ass." I laughed in glee. "I underestimated you."

"By the time he starts school, he won't know what hit him." He grinned.

I sighed in relief, relaxing into my seat. That's it... He doesn't like Jungkook. I don't have to give up on him. Taehyung, I'll fight for you.

"There! All done." Taehyung smiled. "Do you feel better?"

"You didn't kiss my booboo." I pouted.

"I haven't done that since we were six!" He argued.

"You caused this!" I retorted.

"Me? How did I cause this?"

I bit my tongue, immediately regretting what I just said. "I-it doesn't matter. Kiss it!"

Taehyung rolled his eyes and picked up my hand, kissing my fist. "Happy?"

"Ecstatic." I answered inaudibly.

"I need to go check on shark bait." Taehyung stood up. "Make sure he didn't break anything, you know?"

I nodded, not really caring anymore. Taehyung doesn't like him. Jungkook's just a play toy. He's no threat to me anymore.

As Taehyung left the room, my phone sounded. I checked it and saw that Jimin had texted me.

From: CHIMCHIM(:

Hyuuung! Where did you go? I have your meds :'(

I sighed, typing my reply.

To: CHIMCHIM(:

Mian Jimin-ah. I'm a little busy.

Btw, can we forget about the fight that happened earlier? Keep it between us?

From: CHIMCHIM(:

You're really evil Hobie hyungㅠㅠ

And okay. Just between us (^.^)/

Promise

I smiled to myself while putting my phone back into my phone pocket. Don't worry Jimin. I'm doing this for the both of us.

---

Taehyung's POV

I closed the door behind me, resting my back against the door. I laid my hand on my chest, calming my heart down that felt like it was gong to burst.

I'm sorry I had to lie to you Hoseokie...

I walked away and accidently bumped into someone. "Jungkook?"

"Is it true?!" He cried aloud, tears streaming down his eyes.

"Is what true? Why are you crying?" I reached my hands out to wipe away his tears, only to have my hands slapped away.

"Don't touch me!" He yelled. "A play toy? Is that really all I am to you?"

He heard? Shit...

"No Jungkook! Please, don't misunderstand."

"There's nothing for me to misunderstand! I heard everything you said in there!" He shouted. Jungkook turned to run away but I grabbed his wrists.

"Just listen to me! Let me explain!"

"Let me go Taehyung." He cried. "Please, just let me go."

"Not until you let me explain." I whimpered, trying to keep the tears in that were brimming against my waterline.

"I don't want to." He shouted, yanking his wrist away from me. "I should have known not to trust you. How could I be so stupid? I'm so stupid! I actually started to like you!"

He likes me too?

"Jungko-"

"Don't." He stopped me. "I-I need sometime alone."

Jungkook finally escaped my grasp and ran down the stairs. I stood there, unable to move.

I didn't mean anything I said back there Jungkook.

I'm a coward.

I can't admit it to anyone.

I can't admit this...

I like you too.

---------------------------------------

Hey readers! Im sorry for the confusion in the previous chapter! I hope this clears it up(:

Thank you for the feedback! I really appreciate it! I always try to make sure you guys are happy(:

Thank you once again!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

825 23 13
Min Yoongi, music composing major, despises humans, except for his two close friends, Kim Namjoon and Kim Seokjin. Park Jimin, a dance major, is qui...
22.1K 2.1K 41
When the line between "need" and "want" gets blurred... To the outside world, they're just good friends. But the truth is, Taehyung isn't entirely su...
21.2K 1.4K 32
Jung Hoseok is a Business Administration student that fell in love to the Medical student Park Jimin on his first day at the university. And because...
18.1K 609 15
π’˜π’‚π’“π’π’Šπ’π’ˆ: π‘»π’‰π’Šπ’” π’‡π’‚π’π’‡π’Šπ’„ π’Žπ’‚π’š π’„π’π’π’•π’‚π’Šπ’ 𝒐𝒇𝒇𝒆𝒏𝒔𝒆 𝒕𝒐 π’”π’π’Žπ’† 𝒑𝒆𝒐𝒑𝒍𝒆, 𝑰𝒇 π’•π’‰π’Šπ’” 𝒐𝒄𝒄𝒖𝒓𝒔 𝒕𝒐 π’šπ’π’– 𝒑𝒍𝒆�...