Vincent Territory

By Random_Wordz

Highest rank - #1 in werewolf Alexis isn't the average werewolf. With a case of extreme shyness together with... More

Prologue
Chapter one | Escape
Chapter two | Meeting him
Chapter three | Cage
Chapter four | Escape again
Chapter five | Caught
Chapter six | Death wish
Chapter seven | Something else
Chapter eight | Well shit
Chapter ten | Pain and Payne
Chapter eleven | Girl talk
Chapter twelve | Dream
Chapter thirteen | Talk to me
Chapter fourteen | Lets go
Chapter fifteen | Name it
Chapter sixteen | Knock Out
Chapter seventeen | We need to talk
Chapter eighteen | Coward
Chapter nineteen | Go
Chapter twenty | Whats Mine
Chapter twenty one | Come
Chapter twenty two |
Chapter twenty three | Sister Mine
Chapter twenty four | Bright Ideas
Chapter twenty five | Lesson #1
Chapter twenty six | I'm sorry
Chapter twenty seven | You?
Chapter twenty eight | Naked truth
Chapter twenty nine | No alcohol
Chapter Thirty | Soft?
Chapter Thirty One | Maybe, Maybe not
Chapter Thirty two | Lily
Chapter Thirty three | Gone
Chapter Thirty four | Stay with me
Chapter Thirty Five | Have all the fun
Chapter Thirty Six | Do I Know You?
Chapter Thirty Seven | Kill Me
Chapter Thrity Eight | Don't Run
Chapter Thirty Nine - Teddy Bear?
Chapter Forty | I need help
Chapter Forty One | I want to
Chapter Forty Two | Luchas
Chapter Forty Three | Border
Chapter Forty Four - Heat
Chapter Forty Five | Doing it
Chapter Forty Six | Breakfast
Chapter Forty Seven | Open Up
Chapter Forty Eight | Blade
Chapter Forty Nine | Stiches
Chapter Fifty | Leave
Chapter Fifty One | Fountain
Chapter Fifty Two | Fix
Chapter Fifty Three | Preparation
Epilogue

Chapter nine | Deep wounds

401K 14.8K 3.4K
By Random_Wordz

Hey guys, vote, comment and follow me if you like how I write. All and any feedback is greatly appreciated.

"Missed a spot." The arrogant A-hole reminded as his gaze flickered in my direction and turned back quickly as if just being graced by his sight was such a great fortune. It trully wasn't but then in some way it was. Stupid. A-hole.

After finding out that Payne and his sister will be leaving soon without me in about a week's time, more or less, Payne and I arrived at the barbwires and they were as repulsive as I thought they would be. I was so grateful that amongst all the blood on the wires there were no guts or bodies. Who knows whether Payne and Payge ate them. Monsters they were. Yet here I was with a hole in my chest thinking about how Payne and Payge will be leaving me here for Goddess knows why while they return home and go on with their lives.
A voice in my head lingered on the possibility that they'd probably just kill me and get this over with, either way sucks for me.

"I didn't notice. Thanks for pointing that out." I muttered as I continued work on the barbwire. I used the wash cloth carefully as I wipped the different wires with multiple sharp edges. Where the wash cloth came from? The same maid.. Delia came and brought it together with a bowl full of water that was mixed with Clorox and other types of disinfectants. She seemed so joyous to be used by Payne and the thought occurred to me, what else has he used her for?

With a devious grin that was directed to me and hiden from Payne's handsome face the maid left and so began my work as servant girl to clean the twin's mess while Payne sat cross legged against a tree trunk with a forearm over his face blocking the sun's warm halo and only removing his hands to get a glimpse of what I was doing.

"Servants don't speak back other than 'yes sir' or 'no sir' don't step out of line." He informed ever so pointedly and for some strange reason the words 'I thought I already did' got mumbled under my breath.

"I heard that. " he growled out and I was thankful my back was to him so he couldn't see me roll my eyes. From being a pack's punching bag to being my mate's servant. What did I do wrong?

The routine of dip, wring and wipe was repeated for a while until finally I was finished with the first section of the blood. There were two more. The water in the bowl brought by Delia already red.

"I need fresh cleaning water for the next side. Would you be a dear?" I asked turning my body to Payne and facing his relaxed form.

He didn't raise his hand from above his eyes to even show a sign of acknowledgment toward what I said. He didn't move or anything, his breathing was calm but I knew better than to assume he was asleep, the sly fox he was.

"Uhm ... Excuse ... Over here ...aye ..I know you're not sleeping..Pay-"

"-don't even think about it." He growled out before I could finish say his name. Servants don't ever say the person their serving's name,how rude of me yet ridiculous of him. " -I told Delia, she'll be here in five." He muttered and all the while still in his calm relaxed form, hands never moved from above his eyes. His long legs stretched out in front of him.

"Okay. You could have just answered." I muttered and he just let out a sigh. That's all I got from him. "She seems so loyal to you, in serving I mean. I wonder what else she's done for you." I find myself stupidly saying. Brace for impact. I could predict the yelling already and even worse yet a slap. Dear MoonGoddess above, save me from his wra-

"Oh, the list can go on forever. I mean she's good with cleaning the floors whilst on her knees but the other wonders she can serve while on her knees are endless and mind blowing. You feel me?" His lips twitched a little and I could see him edging to smile but he didn't. Was that supposed to be a joke? Of course not. I reminded myself. Why was I even trying to talk to him again? Or yeah I believed their was a hope for us somewhere since we're mates and shit.

"I'm glad you put her to good use then Sir." I dragged the last word a little to emphasize my displeasure toward the direction the conversation was heading. I really didn't need to know what happened between the two of them but now I know that there's a reason behind all those secret grins and her happy moods whenever around him. My wolf growled in my head staking claim on my mate but as the norm, my wolf is weak and declaring something so stupid even if it is just in my head is pointless, I know he'll never be mine but the urge to try will apparently never die down even when he's showing me all the more reasons to hate his ass.

On second thought. If he and his sister are trully leaving next week and I am to die by the hands of them there's no meaning to anything. If I keep this up I'll be dying with the 'what ifs' stuck in my head when I trully should have let this all go because its pointless and it'll just get me more hurt and broken than I already am.

I turned my body back to face the Barbwires and not long after Delia came with a fresh bowl of cleaning water and a new cloth. I dropped the old one in the bowl and she took it up and I didn't bother turning to see what new type of flirty look she was sending to Payne. I've decided to stop caring. I'm dead already I suppose.

I fixed myself in a better position to get to the other side of the barbs and as I took a step to my left, my left foot sank in a shallow little hole in the ground and with the slight misbalance I leaned forward and gripped the barbwires with my hand trying to stable myself.

See the thing with that was, I regained my balance and got a good position to reach the other side but now, the inside of my right hand got slit in a diagonal line through the center of my palm and my blood now was the dressing for the line of barbs there. Shit. The pain, to be completely honest wasn't bad but my blood was gushing out of the deep wound. Shit.

"What did you do?!" Payne's voice growled out and I heard the shuffling of feet as he came beside me. He was pissed.

"I-i'm sorry. I'll clean up the blood.. Its not much-I'll clean it up." I mumbled fumbling for the wash cloth and as my hand made contact with the bowl that consisted of the cloth and disinfectant water, I flinched and let out a silent groan. Shit. That hurt. Now it hurts !!
Shit it hurts !

Smart. I grabbed for the cloth with the cut hand and the cleaning water definitely didn't go well with open wounds. Shit. This hurt !

I hugged my hand to myself and sucked in the pain thinking of something else. Blue skies, the ocean, how much I could use a tootsie pop. Shit !

"I don't care about the mess.. Give me you hand?" He said in his same flat tone and reached for my hand and his rough hands brushed over the deep wound in the center of my palm and I almsot screamed with the streak of pain that shocked my entire body. I pulled my hand back and tried to swallow down the scream that was threatening to emit from my throat.

Breath Alex, breath.
"It's okay. I'll deal with it. I'll clean the mess. I'm sorry I dirtied what I just cleaned its not much blood actua-"

"Damn it Alexis! Give me your fucking hand let me see what you did!" He barked scarier than anything he's ever said to me before and his tone changed to a vicious one and I was thankful I couldn't see his face from how I stood sideways and he was behind me a few inches but turning closer to face me.

I could feel the rage radiating out of him sending shivers through my body with fright. I was afraid of his anger more than anything in the world. He took my palm in his and I was frozen in place. His cool, rough hand covered mine perfectly. They perfect fit and as he opened my palm with such care that I had never seen before I was unable to breath in fear that my breath could somehow blow the whole moment away.

With my palm open I, myself examined the cut. I've been beaten and whipped alot but a cut as deep as this one was never made before. The slash went from the ending of my pinkie finger to the base of my thumb in a deep slit with rough lines in-between at the sides showing where the sharp edges in the barbwires were trying to get a piece of the action.

"Shit." Was his great answer after starring at the wound for so long. We were so close now as we were facing each other, my palm in his and probably if it wasn't for the pain erupting from my palm I would have been able to feel the sparks in them but all I felt were the butterflies in my stomach.

"I'm fine. I'll heal in a bit. Let me clean the mess." I tried pulling my hand out of his grip which just resulted in his grip on the back of my hand to tighten keeping my hand in place.

"It won't heal so quickly, there's silver in those wires. I'll get you back inside and we could get this taken care of before it gets infected. You trully do the most impossibly foolish things." He muttered sounding distracted while his gaze was souly on the wound. What hit him on the head?

"Look. I'm fine. Let me finish clean off the blood from the wires." I dipped and picked up the wash cloth in my other hand since he insisted on keeping the one that felt like it was on fire that was sent from the depths of hell in his.

"I didn't ask if you were fine, I said lets go inside so we could get this cleaned up." He growled and I ignored him by default.

With the wash cloth in my hand, I slowly rubbed at the small spots of blood on the wires and there were the two sections to complete but I couldn't ignore the pain in my hand any longer.

I turned toward Payne, my hand still gripped by his but not crowding it because of the open wound and his eyes were no longer on the cut but lingering on my face. His eyes held mine captive, that stormy grey exterior in his eyes that warped all his secrets and his story in them. I craved to know them all.

His eyes weren't filled with rage and definitely wasn't care either but it wasn't the same bored and unimpressed look. It was something else but nothing big.

"I'll finish the rest of wires when we get back from dealing with my hand, I cannot work with it in this state anymore." I informed him and he nodded his head and his eyes turned away and his hands released mine as if now realizing what he was doing. I wasn't surprised though.

"Let's go fix your hand. No more barbed-wires for today. It was a bad decision to make you clean this anyway, even if you didn't get cut. I'll get you something else to do." He informed me as he straightened up, his voice almost sounded like he had regret in them and his eyes still not meeting mine.

I followed his lead and straightened up, my height was nothing compared to his and the fact that his eyes were off of me gave me the courage to issue my next statement.

"If you have no proper use for me why not let me go?" I asked, my voice strong and leveled as his outward stare. "Answer me... Please." I learned the hard way he doesn't like disrespect and being told what to do and decided that 'please' sent my demand to a plea.

"I have use for you here but answer me this. If I am to set you free who is to say you don't wander onto someone else's land and their punishment is far worse than mine and they kill you on the spot? I know you're not returning to that pack of yours so you're a rogue and rogues don't do good out here." His eyes finally met mine when he was finished with his statement that had me thinking. He was right.

"I know but why do you care? It's not as if you'd care if I died out there. You don't even care that I'm you're mate for shits sake." I growled out while keeping my tone low. Please don't kill me. Please don't hit me.

"It makes no sence if I explained to you something you wouldn't understand Alexis." He said, his silver stare turning intense as hell and his voice surprisingly calm.

"Please-"

"No Alexis, now come on let's go back inside and clean that cut. " he insisted his voice no longer calm but that strange new tone backgrounded his deep voice.

C-could that be care? Concern?

What?

_________________________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

226K 5K 32
|Highest Ranking: 76 in Werewolf, 13/3/21 | After the murder of her parents, sentenced to live the rest of her life out as a rouge. What happens when...
12.7M 451K 40
What if mates didn't exist? Instead, werewolves chose who they wanted to be mated to for the rest of their lives during a short period of time once a...
5.8K 320 30
(Editing grammar and sentence structure) Losing your parents at three years of age and having to grow up too soon to rule the most feared pack in the...
682K 21.3K 55
"Go ahead, kill me," she dared. "And why would I do that?" he stalked closer, a glint in his dark eyes. "Why not? Isn't that what you came here for?"...