Mutant is the new normal (boy...

By Dalton159

Shawn has had an....interesting life. He has powers that he doesn't understand. When he turned 13 years old h... More

Why am I not surprised(Chapter 1)
A single white Rose(Chapter 2)
Chicken nuggets and fries (Chapter 3)
I missed you (Chapter 4)
What's up sexy? (Chapter 5)
The sticky notes (Chapter 6)
Is it a date? (Chapter 7)
Ready? (Chapter 8)
Angel (Chapter 9)
Taywor (Chapter 10)
Water Condoms (Chapter 11)
You are now Shawn Mendes (Chapter 13)
What kind of complications (Chapter 14)
My American asshole (Chapter 15)
Favors (Chapter 16)
News (Chapter 17)
Hopefully it will last (Chapter 18)
It's okay (Chapter 19)
A Funny Weird (Chapter 20)
Last Chapter (Chapter 21)
Super power list
New book
Sequel is out

So does Taylor (Chapter 12)

2.5K 172 49
By Dalton159

Shawn p.o.v.

The three of us stand frozen. Mahogany and JJ at me and I them.

"I can explain." "You have powers too" we say at the same time. Wait did they say too. They realized what they said and then we all yell, "you two have powers."

The front door opens and Tristen walks out. "Shawn where did you go?"

"Aw...I was showing you a knew magic trick. Did you like?"

"Yeah. Do it again. Do it again," Tristen pleads.

"Maybe later Tris. First I need to make dinner. Do you want to help?"

"Yeah. What's my first job chef?"

"Well first I need you to wash your hands. Can you do that for me?"

He salutes me and says, "yes sir," and then runs to the bathroom. I look over at my friends and motion them to come in. Mahogany grabs the groceries and we all go inside.

Mahogany puts the groceries on the table and looks at me. "I can't believe theres more of us," she says. "I knew me and Lia couldn't be the only ones, but I didn't expect it to be our friends."

JJ and I frown. "My sister has powers," JJ asks.

"Yeah. You didn't know?" JJ shakes his head sadly. "Why didn't she tell me? She knew about my powers, so I don't get why she never said anything about hers."

Mahogany pulls JJ into a hug and gives him soothing words. When Tristen comes back he is smiling and ready to help.

"Okay Tristen, today we are going to make rice, beans, and Carne asada," I tell him. He jumps up and down excitedly asking what he can do. I tell him I first need him to go into my room and get my cook book on my book shelves. He runs to grab it while I look over at my friends who are on the chairs near the island.

"We should talk about the thing later when everybody else is over," I say. Their eyes go wide.

"No, I don't want the others to know. What if Cam and Matt don't take it well?" Mahogany says.

"Yeah. What if they get scared and call the police and get the government involved? I don't want to be experimented on," JJ tells me.

"Relax guys. They're also like us," I say. They both look relief and sigh. "Phew I thought I was going to have knock you out and erased your memory," Mahogany says.

"What is your powers anyway," I ask them.

"I can go through objects," JJ answers.

"I can do stuff with human chemicals and things like that," Mahogany tells us. I nod my head.

"How many people are coming anyway," JJ asks.

"Well Cam is coming with Nash. Carter and Jacob are coming because Taylor and them have a project to work on. Matt is coming and possibly Aaron and Hayes. Wait where's Jack?"

"There was too much traffic and I decided to walk the rest of the way. He will probably be here soon," JJ answers.

"Shawnie. What's a Playgirl and why do you have one," Tristen asks from my room.

I pale and yell back, "don't open it." I quickly turn to my smirking friends. "I'm holding it for friend." I then dash into my room to steal the magazine away from the child.

Taylor p.o.v.

Shawn isn't as innocent as I thought.

I woke up to my little brother yelling to Shawn what a Playgirl and him screaming back at him not to open it.

After I finished laughing I texted the guys. I was surprised when Jack, Nash, and Carter walked into my room.

"What are you guys doing here," I asked.

"We were already here. I came with Cameron," Nash answers.

"I bet you did," Jack says smirking.

"Fuck off."

"Well I came to work on the History project remember," Carter tells me.

"Oh, yeah. Where's Jacob," I ask.

"He went on some date with Mahogany to apologize for or celebrate something. I don't know their relationship is weird," Nash answers.

I nod my head. "And I came to leave your motorcycle. The boys are making dinner and invited us to dinner," Jack tells me.

"Cool," I say standing up and walking to my closet. I find my favorite tank top and bandana put them on. They are my favourite because they're Shawn's favorite on me.

When I get out of the closet I look at the guys and they're all daydreaming and smiling. What the Hell?

"Okay what's going on here?"

"What," they all say pulling out of their daydreams.

"Guys really. I can tell something's up. Why are you all so happy," I ask. They smile even bigger.

"JJ agreed to give me chance to prove that I still love him," Jack says.

"Cameron and I have grown closer. I think I'm going to ask him out soon," Nash answers.

"Matt and I had sex the other," Carter tells us. We all look at him surprised.

"How did you pull off that," Nash asks.

"Well we were arguing about something at the institute. It got really heated and the next I know we're in my bed and he was riding me. It was the best sex of my life," he says.

"Well congrats dude. Now you can move on," Jack says patting Carter's back.

"But I don't want to move on," Carter whines. "I still crave his touch. It was different from my other bangs. I liked just touching him and I don't mean sexually, I mean like holding hand and stuff. You know I'm not a big cuddler, but after sex that's all I wanted to do. To hold him in my arms and never let go."

I chuckle a little. "Dude. That means you like like him," I say. He groans into my pillow saying "I know." We all start laughing.

We hear a knock on the door. Jack opens it and Tristen is standing there wearing a mini white apron. "The food is almost done. You guys need to to set the table," he says before running back to the kitchen.

We walk out and I see Shawn cooking. I walked over to him and grab him around the waist. He gasp then sees it's me and relaxes.

"What you makin," I ask.

"Just finishing cooking the carne asada," he says.

"What's that?"

"Grilled meat."

"Ohhh." I kiss his neck before letting go and helping the guys set up the table. I see Aaron and Hayes helping set the table and help with the food. The food is soon finished and put on the table. It is Mexican rice, liquid beans, and The Carny Assomething.

"So did anything happen at school after we left," Shawn asks.

"Not really. Except Skate punched Dillon Rupp," Jack says.

Nash was smirking. Probably because Dillion kept hitting Cameron when he came out as gay.

"Why," I ask. "I thought they hated each other."

"Well apparently, Skate and Sammy had this enemy with benefits thing," Matt says.

"It was working out till Sammy wanted more than sex, but Skate didn't want to give him that," JJ adds.

"Then today Dillion asked him out in between periods and Skate must have been near because he got all jealous and punched Dillion before Sammy could answer. Skate then grabbed Sammy and nobody has seen them since. They hare probably having rough sex right now," Cam finishes.

"What's sex," Tristen asks from the other side of the table. We all freeze and look at each other. How could we forget a five year old is with us? How do you answer a question like that?

"It is the physical action of two or more animals or plant of the same or different species trying to create a offspring by one ejaculating into the vaginal area, so the semen can attach to a cellular egg. Though some new mutations have been discovered of there being a Carrier mutation and a Breeder mutation that would allow two males to reproduce. Though they would have enter through the anal canal to gain access," Aaron answers. Tristen zoned out after physical action.

I mouth a thank you to Aaron as we start on a whole new PG topic.

When we finish Shawn whispers something to Tristen and they both leave quickly to the kitchen. They come back a second later with chocolate chip cookies and ice cream.

"Woah what is this. I don't remember buying chocolate chip cookies," I say happily.

"I made them," Tristen says proudly. I give him a skeptical look. "Well with Shawn's help," he admits.

Shawn p.o.v.

After dinner the guys decided to do the dishes while we go into my room to relax. Tristen said he wanted to help them and Hayes and Aaron left for a movie date they had. Mahogany and Jacob came back too.

"So guys I have some news," I say.

"What is it," Cameron asks.

"Do you want to tell them or should I," I say to Mahogany and JJ. JJ stands up and walks straight through the wall and comes back. Cameron's and Matt's jaw drops.

"You guys are..." Matt trails off.

"One of you guys. Yes," Mahogany answers.

"Wow, another two. What can you do," Cam asks Mahogany.

"I do things with chemicals and stuff," she answers.

"Like what?"

"Well I can control my own body chemicals, so I can release things like adrenaline and things like that. I can also release chemicals in the air that can change people's emotions or knock them out."

"Cool."

"So how many of us do you guys know," JJ asks.

"Well so far just us four," I amswer. "Actually five now since we know about Lia."

"Lia's a mutant too," Cameron exclaims.

"So is Winter," Matt adds quietly.

"What" we all scream.

"Yeah. That's why she ran away."

"Wow everybody is a mutant in this town."

"Next thing you know somebody's going to say the guys are mutants," JJ says. We all started to laugh at the crazy idea till I saw Matt laughing nervously. I stopped laughing and everybody noticed and stopped too.

"Matt what aren't you telling us," I ask.

"Nothing."

"Matthew Lee Espinosa what are you not telling me." He looked really nervous and started to play with his fingers. "Matt."

He sighed. "The Dolan twins and Carter also have powers." Our eyes go wide. "I'm not saying they all are, but I know they are because I saw their powers."

"Yeah, but that's four people who live in the institute who have powers," I say.

"Lia does go to the institute too," JJ says.

"Like 15 students live at the the institute and another 20 go there at least once a week," Mahogany points out.

"Winter says that the school has a lot of programs and that's why they have a lot of students live and go there. You can't be sure that they're all mutants," Matt tells us.

"Jack lives there," JJ says looking at the ground thinking if something.

"So does Jacob," Mahogany adds sadly.

"Nash goes there all the time," Cam tells us.

That's when realization hits me. "So does Taylor."

------------------
I hope you like it. Please go check out my new Shaylor book if you can. It's called One night. Please vote and comment.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

66.9K 1.3K 26
I'm Jenna. I guess you can say I'm like any ordinary teenage girl, but I'm not. I have blue eyes, and dirty blonde hair. Oh and my brother is Jack Jo...
5K 279 67
Is about a girl and a boy that knew each other for a long time. They start developing feelings for each other and what happens? What happens to their...
17.9K 265 25
Nikki is a young 13 year old fangirl and luckily her mother got her two tickets for Magcon. Nikki decided to bring her best friend Summer along becau...