Nine Boys... Then There's Me...

By Katherin3Coitier

A royal wolf is a majestic creature created from the moon herself when she had taken physical form on earth... More

Nine Boys... Then There's Me. {A Royal Wolves Story}
Nine Boys...- Chapter 2
Nine Boys...- Chapter 3
Nine Boys...- Chapter 4
Nine Boys...- Chapter 5
Nine Boys...- Chapter 6
Nine Boys...- Chapter 7
Nine Boys...- Chapter 8
Nine Boys...- Chapter 10
Nine Boys...- Chapter 11
Nine Boys...- Chapter 12
Nine Boys...- Chapter 13
Nine Boys...- Chapter 14
Nine Boys...- Chapter 15
Nine Boys...- Chapter 16
Nine Boys...- Chapter 17
Nine Boys...- Chapter 18
Nine Boys...- Chapter 19
Nine Boys...- Chapter 20
Nine Boys...- Chapter 21
Nine Boys...- Chapter 22
Nine Boys...- Chapter 23
Nine Boys...- Chapter 24
Nine Boys...- Chapter 25
Nine Boys...- Chapter 26
Nine Boys...- Chapter 27
Nine Boys...- Chapter 28
Nine Boys...- Chapter 29
Nine Boys...- Chapter 30
Nine Boys...- Chapter 31
Nine Boys...- Chapter 32
Nine Boys...- Chapter 33
Nine Boys...- Chapter 34
Nine Boys...- Chapter 35
Nine Boys...- Epilogue
Author's Note

Nine Boys...- Chapter 9

101K 1.5K 83
By Katherin3Coitier

Chapter Nine

    "I can't believe Uncle Derek agreed!" I was completely baffled when Derek came into my room smiling last night after dinner. He kissed my cheeks and told me to have fun with Daemon. I got the whole be careful speech and to tell him the instant Daemon does something I don't feel appropriate.

    Daemon chuckled seductively in my ear while he helped me up into his truck in the dress I was wearing. A dress that was laying across my bed with a note from Derek. He had gone out and bought me a dress just for tonight. This one was definitely one I wouldn't have picked out for myself, but it wasn't like a normal show-your-skin-slutty-style party dress. It covered some of my skin while revealing my sides and my knees.

    "I gave him one really good reason why he could trust me with you to take to the party."

    I raised an eyebrow at him. "And that would be?"

    He shook his head at me before closing the passenger door. "That you will have to find out in time." He smirked as he closed his door after he got into the drivers seat.

    Shaking my head at him, I crossed my arms across my chest. "Riddles...riddles...riddles. That's all you speak in. Patience will bring knowledge. Is that what you're telling me?"

    He nodded as he looked behind us and backed out of the drive. "All good things come to those who wait I believe the saying goes." We got onto the main road and he picked up speed. "So how's art so far?"

    I grinned. "My first painting is coming along."

    He smiled. "What's it of?"

    I shrugged. "A wild wolf I used to know that visited me after it saved me from another."

    He raised an eyebrow at me. "A wild wolf?" He smiled lightly. "You like wolves."

    I bit my lip. "Only that one growing up. He was like my best friend away from my family." I sighed and looked out the window. "I haven't seen him since my parent's death." My head laid against the glass. "I miss him and I'm making the painting to feel close to him and my family again."

    "Tell me about this wolf."

    I smiled as I turned to look at Daemon. "He is the sweetest wild wolf and I just loved laying on the grass in my old backyard with him laying next to me pressed against my side. His head on my stomach listening to me talk about anything and everything.

    "When I pet his fur, it was the softest and silkiest I had ever felt. Those jet black strands sliding through my fingers made me feel better if something was wrong. Those crystal blue eyes made me smile and feel loved and protected almost how my dad always made me feel with his silver blue ones." I lifted my head my smile growing bigger. "I get my eyes from him."

    He smiled back at me. "So I get to thank him up in heaven for your gorgeous eyes."

    I blushed looking out the window. "My brother had the same color eyes as me. My sister Sarah didn't she had my mom's eyes. Sarah was my mom's mini-me. I may have gotten the baking skills, but Sarah would have made a brilliant stay at home mom like my mom."

    I turned to Daemon when he put his hand in mine. "Have you ever thought about what you wanted to do when you grow up?" He changed the subject and I was very grateful.

    I shrugged my shoulders. "Never really thought about it."

    "What if...?" He started before he gave me a quick glance. "What if you start a bakery? You are so good at baking and would be a billionaire if you take that talent and make a business from it."

    I sat there and thought about it and smiled a little. Start a bakery. Could I? I didn't remember seeing one in town here, just a small coffee shop that offered a small selection of simple treats. It would be fun to open up a shop and see if everyone likes my works.

    "I bet my dad would help in any way. He could see about a store front and any remodeling needed done." He looked over at me. "He really loves having you with us."

    "I really like being with you guys." I smiling looking down. "Your dad is amazing taking me in and treating me like his daughter. He would have been an awesome dad to a daughter if he ever had one. I think she would have been like me if he ever had one."

    He stopped in front of a house that we could hear the music even inside the cab of the beast. "I have no doubt he would have spoiled her rotten, but no one would be like you. You're completely unique." He kissed my cheek before he slipped out of his seat and came around to help me out.

    I wasn't about to get out by myself. Not with this short of a skirt. I was not about to be flashing my underwear at anyone. That would have been too embarrassing to recover from especially if guys wink at me later for the display.

    Daemon put his hands on my waist and lifted me out of his beast smiling at me. I smiled back because I felt a wave of protection from his touch. Like everything was going to be alright as long as he was near me. The more he's around me, the more these feelings surface and intensify.

    When I was on my own heeled feet, he took my hand and laced his fingers together. "Come on babe, we have a party to have fun at." I giggled as he took me inside.

    The sound from the music blaring was loud, but ever since this Monday, I've been learning to deal with my new senses. They may be heightened, but they now felt natural to me. Sounds didn't sound like they were screaming in my ears. Sights looked normal though more defined. Tastes were overpowering at times. Even my touch has calmed down so I wasn't in awe of everything any more. So the music wasn't giving me a migraine thankfully.

    People clapped Daemon on the back and greeted me smiling. I was introduced to so many people that I couldn't tell you their names if my life depended on it. There were just too many to remember.

    Through all the introduction, someone had handed me and Daemon a red plastic cup. I sniff the contents and scrunched my nose at it. Daemon told me I didn't have to drink. That he would get me a water. All I had to do was say the word.

    I bit my lip and did something very rebellious. I took a big gulp of beer for the first time in my life. Daemon looked at me shocked but then I had to go and choke and cough with a look of disgust.

    He rubbed my back chuckling and took the cup from my hand. "I think it's not for you."

    I smiled at him in between coughs. "Did someone give me spicy animal pee?"

    He laughed and shook his head. "Nope, just cheap beer. I think there's some wine coolers for those not used to beer." He lead me through the crowd with our hands still threaded together.

    We found the kitchen and he stooped down to a ice chest. He picked up a wine cooler for me and opened it before he offered it to me. I bit my lip looking at it. "I thought it's illegal for me to have alcohol."

    "Our town has a more European stance on drinking. Anyone over sixteen is legal. The sheriff found that he had less problems when he allowed drinking than when he left it at twenty-one." He smirked as he finished off his beer.

    He pointed to my wine cooler. "You could sip on that for hours if you want to feel better." He lifted up the red cup that had been mine. "I don't drink after midnight so I'm sober to drive back."

    I giggled and took a tiny sip of the cranberry and lemon tasting cooler. "That's nice to know."

    My eyes went down to the cooler. "I've never had alcohol before."

    Daemon finished off the second cup before he pulled me to him and just rested his hands on my hips. "I know. You've never done many rebellious things which is so refreshing and amazing of you." He grinned. "I love so many things about you. Your strength above everything."

    I blushed and looked down. "You shouldn't say things like that."

    He tilted my chin up. "But it's how I feel. Don't you want me to always speak my mind."

    Gently nodding in his hand, my blush grew a little brighter. "As long as you give me the same courtesy."

    "Always."

    I sighed as I looked to his shirt and started making circles on his shirt. "Than I have a confession." I looked up at him from under my eyes. "I like you." My eyes lowered down to his shirt again. "I mean really like."

    His hand went under my chin and lifted it up. "I really like you too. I've never liked anyone as much as I like you." He stroked my cheek. "No where even close to my feelings for you."

    My body moved of it's own accord as I found myself leaning up and he started to lean down. My heart picking up pace as my eyes fluttered close the closer he came to me. I knew what was coming next, a kiss. My first kiss ever and it's under my terms. We haven't had enough alcohol so it wasn't that and I was glad for it.

    A soft gasp slipped from my lips with the slightest brush of his lips against mine. He took it slow as he knew it was my first. First a brush. Next came the lightest of presses. Slowly he increased the pressure and added movement. His hands rising just slightly to press me into him. My arms going up to wrap around his neck. My wine cooler resting against one of his shoulder blades.

    The kiss was better than I had ever imagined it to be. I felt it all the way down to my toes. Sparks were gracing all the way down my body. The feel and taste of his lips were so intoxicating and perfect. I could kiss him forever even if we hadn't taken the kiss to be French kissing.

    After a minute, he pulled back and brushed a curl behind my ear. "How was your first kiss?"

    I smiled at him. "Wonderful."

    He chuckled as his arms tightened a smig against my back before he relaxed again and leaned against the counter behind him. "Good. I'm glad I could be the one to give you two of your firsts in one night." He smirked. "Now for the next level of kissing later. Just a step at a time for now. I want everything right for you."

    My arms readjusted a little before I pulled the wine cooler around and I took a drink of it. "Thank you for the wine cooler, it's much better than the beer."

    "I'm glad." He glanced down at my drink. "Once you finish that, I'll take you dancing in the other room." He started swaying his hips as his hands went back to mine making me move with him in time with the music that is heard all around the house. "Or we could just have a private dance right here."

    I laughed as I finished off the wine cooler and felt the alcohol seeping into my system but it didn't fully affect me like I thought it would. I could feel it but I still had control over myself.

    Setting the cooler down on the counter, I looped my arms around Daemon's neck. "Dancing sounds fun."

    He beamed as he pulled me into one of the other rooms where people were dancing. The music booming from the speakers as we started to dance blending into the mesh of people. Bodies grinding against each other all around us as we did the same to each other. I was just letting loose.

    We danced for about an hour I think before Daemon was taking me back to the kitchen for more drinks. First he handed me a water before another cooler. He said it helps me stay hydrated for the whole party. I needed to know things like that since this is my first major party with alcohol.

    When we had arrived, it was seven. I didn't have to go to the restroom till ten. That was a shock as usually I had a small bladder. Guess I was very different from before I arrived at the Mooneys. Well, really since Tuesday and that major hot flash.

     "I'll be right back." I kissed his cheek and he reluctantly watched me walk away from him.

    Thankfully the wait for the bathroom wasn't that long. I only had to bounce on my feet for about two minutes before I got my turn for the toilet. The first thing I noticed was that the bathroom still looked clean though there was so many drinking. Guess changing the drinking age does have some perks.

    I sighed after I washed my hands at having an empty bladder. It was such a relief to not have that pressure and so I could go back to Daemon. He has shown that he is really different from what I first known him as. To see him like this, I felt better taking more steps toward him to maybe be his girlfriend like he's asking.

    Leaving the bathroom, I had more people talking to me. This was definitely new for me. I felt so very popular. Like everyone wanted to be my friend. I hope it's not because they think Daemon and I are a couple which was and wasn't true. We were just finding out if we could be. Well, really it's me whose finding out if it could work out.

    A hand grabbed my arm and a guy I think introduced himself as Brad smiled down at me. I tried to jerk my arm out of his grasp but he tightened his hand and I winced a little. "Hey babe. Want to have some fun?" His voice and breathe was coated in alcohol.

    I tried again to get out of his grasp. His response was to wrap his other arm around me caging me in. I pushed against him. "Let me go." I growled out glaring at him.

    He shook his head as he dragged me into a bedroom next to him. He smelled as if he's already been intimate with a girl and he's looking for another. Unfortunately, I am that other he's found. Damn if I have anything to say about it.

    I struggled against him as he attached his lips to my neck in a way he thought was a turn on. I just felt disgusted and tried to fight him. I fought even even when he fell backwards twisting around and taking me with him so I ended up with my back on a bed and he was over top of me.

    "Stop it. Get off. I don't want this!" I started to shout at him. He placed a hand over my mouth and his other hand ripped my sleeve from my shoulder.

    Struggling for my freedom only resulted in him pushing more into me. He was trying his hardest to seduce me. I just felt dirty and he hadn't done anything but slobber all over me.

    I felt my rage boil up inside me and my eyes darken and burn. I lifted my leg and he thought I was opening for him so he lifted his hips up slightly. That gave me the opportunity to place my foot on his stomach and with all my strength I shoved him off me.

    My eyes grew wide slightly in disbelief when he went flying toward the door and crashed through it. Wood pieces went everywhere as he continued to the wall opposite the door where he hit with a satisfying thud before he slumped to the ground.

    I scowled as I got up from the bed and stormed over to him. My rage hitting another level. My stomach started the twisting again, but I didn't care. I wanted blood for he dared try to force me. Strength and determination flowed through my veins. Pure desire for blood.

    He shook his head before looking at me in shook. He stumbled down the hall away from me. People moved out of the way from the cowering fool who had the audacity to touch me like that. Everyone was even kneeling slightly when they say me and my eyes. I never wavered from my target. I was a hunter with my prey in my sight.

    We made it down stairs but I didn't care. There was no logic in my mind. I wasn't paying attention to anything else. Not the blood trickling down my prey's forehead. Not the ripped sleeve. Not the touch of someone's hand that prevented my advancement.

    "Nina." I tilted my head slightly, but my sight stayed on my prey.

    A hand touched the ruined part of my dress and I just snarled at the fool who was cowering before me huddled and protecting his head. The hand plus a body slowly and cautiously circled around me. The corner of my mouth lifting in another snarl.

    Hands cupped my face and a set of green eyes filled my view. "Nina. Calm." He said delicately and started to take a deep breathe in. His eyes glowing more the deep his breathe went. His eyes cooled just as in sync when he slowly blew out. My body following the movement and copied looking deep into those eyes.

    The burn in my eyes left and the twisting in my gut receded. My body swayed a little as my eyes drooped. Daemon caught me and held me against his chest with his chin on the top of my head. His hands stroking my back and he gently told me to relax. I didn't care about the scuffle that was happening behind Daemon or the murmurs about that happened. The sound of his heart beat was so very soothing.

    "Better?" He whispered.

    I nodded as he started walking me slowly somewhere. "He tried to force himself on me and I just snapped."

    He nodded as he placed his cheek on the top of my head when we were sitting down someplace quiet and outside. I think we were now sitting on a porch swing as we were gently moving back and forth. "Just relax and let it go. Matt has taken care of the guy for you. I bet he'll walk with a limp on Monday."

    I sighed heavily as I shifted so my legs draped over his lap and my head laid on his shoulder. My eyes drooping and he held me to his side. "I didn't like feeling like that." My voice sounded thick with sleep that was tugging at me.

    He gave my forehead a kiss. "I know." He chuckled without humor. "But you looked so glorious looking like a wrathful goddess."

    I giggled softly and tiredly. "Only you would think that."

    "That's because I'm..." He paused as if battling within himself. "It's because I'm in love with you. Completely and utterly in love. I was such a jerk before because I didn't know what was going on within me. It was never you, just me and I'm sorry how I first treated you."

    I snuggled up to his chest feeling sleep tug at me. "I forgive you." I told him just as I was tugged completely under.

~~Daemon's Point Of View~~

    I stared at her in awe. She forgave me? For being a jerk? My heart leapt and soared hearing that. I thanked everything possible for her accepting me. That we were getting even closer to her being my woman and knowing she is my mate.

    Holding her close I felt her fall asleep in my arms. She was exhausted and the amount of energy she used, I could understand it. I had seen how close she was to her first change. That frightened me seeing her body starting to tremble in preparation to shift.

    My father warned all of us the danger of her shifting before her time. Before her body deems it right. If she changes before her body is ready, there is a huge possibility that she would die from the stress put on her body. Especially on her heart.

    When I saw the physical twisting just under her dress of her abdomen, I knew I had to get her to calm down. Staring into her eyes, I mimicked what I saw my dad do with her yesterday. The way he let his wolf forward when he breathed in and let go when he breathed out. She had mimicked his movement as if in a trance and she had done it with me too.

    After a little while, Matt came over flexing one of his fists. "Damn that guy is an asshole." He massaged his knuckles. "He forced a girl before Nina. Mitch found her huddled in the attic and called the sheriff. The bastard is out cold now and bound waiting for the sheriff."

    "Thanks Matt."

    He shrugged. "Anything." His eyes went down to Nina as he leaned against the railing. "I saw the damage and never though a girl could do that. She even gave him a gash on his head. She has to be as strong as an Alpha."

    I smiled looking down at Nina. "If she is what my father thinks, she's stronger."

    "Huh?" Matt said in confusion.

    I shook my head at my best friend. "In time I'll tell you."

    He shrugged. "Whatever." He jerked his head toward Nina. "How's she doing?"

    I looked down and moved a strand of her hair out of her face. She looked so beautiful sleeping against me. Her head on my shoulder with her hand laying delicately on my chest. "Exhausted. Between the alcohol and her rage, her energy was just depleted. Other than that she seems fine." I smiled looking up to Matt. "She forgave me."

    He raised an eyebrow smiling. "What did you do this time?"

    I shook my head. "She forgave me for being a jerk to her when she first got here."

    After I had looked into her eyes on Tuesday, I had gone to Matt and told him she was my mate. I had to tell someone and I never kept anything from my best friend. He was the one I could trust with everything. He was shocked and then hit his forehead saying he should have realized that that was my problem.

    He chuckled. "I figured she had already by agreeing to come to the party with you."

    I shook my head. "She was still wary. I was glad my dad took it so well." I softly laughed. "My dad was so happy when I told him that Nina was my mate. He even jumped at the chance to agree to let me take Nina out to this party. I had to hold him back reminding him that she didn't know what she was feeling."

    "He gets his daughter he's always wanted."

    I laughed more nodding. "I think that's the best part for him. He's already been treating her like his daughter and now he knew why. He confessed he had thought it was Nick who might have been her mate, but he realized that wasn't possible as they had looked into each other's eyes and nothing had changed for them."

    Matt shifted and sat on the railing with his leg swinging back and forth smiling at me. "I think you two are more suited for each other. Both could stand up to each other."

    I sighed as I stood up with Nina in my arms. She unconsciously nestled more into my arms and on my shoulder to get comfortable. "I'm going to take her home."

    He nodded. "I'm staying and going to help the sheriff when he gets here. I'll tell him not to bother you guys till tomorrow afternoon. That she needs her rest and time before he asks for her statement."

    "Thanks." I stopped at the top of the porch steps and turned back to him. "You coming over to tomorrow?"

    He smiled. "Of course man. Aren't those brothers of yours doing the gaming tournament like always?"

    Nodding I looked down at Nina. "I still have practice tomorrow first thing. I hope she sleeps in late so I get back about the time she's up and about."

    "Damn man, you've got it bad." He laughed.

    "What can I say? I'm in love with my mate." I couldn't stop the swell in my chest or the purity I felt at saying that out loud. I wanted to shout it to the roof and farther still, to the moon. I was in love and not afraid to tell anyone and everyone that I was. That I loved the woman in my arms more than myself or even life if it meant she lived forever.

    I chuckled when I shifted her and draped her on one arm. She maybe tiny as a true woman so perfect can be, but she was stronger than anyone. I loved how she fit perfectly and securely in just one of my arms.

    Pulling out the keys to my truck, I unlocked it remotely before opening it up. Taking a firm grip, I hoisted us both up carefully and got my footing on the step up. I placed her down on the front passenger seat before I lowered the back a little so she's more comfortable and buckled her in.

    On the ride home, I had my hand in hers. I frowned when she'd whimper every time she shifted in her seat. She hurt and there was nothing I could do to ease her pain. My thumb would just rub lightly over her knuckles. She seemed to calm with the movement and I'd smile at the power I had to help her with just a small movement. A small gesture of affection.

    I hadn't even gotten to the front door back home with Nina in my arms when my dad threw open the door. He looked somewhere in between furious and relieved. His features seemed soft looking at Nina as he let us pass, but I saw the fiery rage in the back of his glowing amber eyes rimmed with green.

    "Let's put her to bed." He said as he closed the door.

    "Matt called you?"

    He chuckled tightly and a bit darkly. "Of course. When you started on your way back. He told me what happened or at least what he knew which I'm guessing is all you know too."

    I nodded. "She was close to shifting tonight. I managed to do your trick to calm her. She was more wolf than her when I did it." I laid her down on her bed after my dad moved the bedding back.

    My eyes looked him dead in the eyes. "I think you're right. Her eyes weren't just her blue, but crystal sapphire blue. Everyone was frightened of her." I scratched the back of my neck. "Even me. I was very cautious when I approached her and looked into her eyes. Though I'm her mate, that didn't stop the power she emitted."

    My dad looked down at Nina with a soft smile. "Your wolf choose well for you son." He chuckled with more humor as he turned to me. "Or should I say my King."

    I shook my head at my own dad. "Laugh it up old man while you can. We still haven't seen her wolf, so she may have the eyes but not the fur."

    He placed his hand on my shoulder and stirred me out of Nina's room after he had kissed the top of her head good night. "Wait and see son, she is a royal wolf. I know it to my bones."

    I caught one last look at her before he closed the door. If she was a royal wolf, which will she be? A pure black wolf or a pure white one if not tinged with the other. Whichever, she would be so beautiful to say the least.

~~Nina's Point Of View~~

    Snuggling against my pillow I whimpered. My body felt very sore and was aching mainly in my abdomen and both my legs and arms. It felt like I ran and climbed for days. It hurt to move even the slightest movements hurt.

    A hand and then another started to pet my hair. It was then that I realized that I wasn't laying on a pillow but someone. That there wasn't just the person I was draped on, but two people in my bed with me. By the feel it was Nick and Nat. Nick being the one I was draped over.

    Another whimper when I tried to move. "It's okay not to move. Just stay cuddle with us." Nick whispered into my hair.

    "You can sleep as long as you need too." Nat added as he scooted closer to me and was extra gentle when he leaned against my back.

    Before I could whimper again, my stomach told the reason I was awake. I was so hungry that I felt a little sick. Nat immediately moved away and helped Nick to move me as delicately as they could. Nick shifted while Nat grabbed my cotton robe. Nick lifted me up into his arms and I whimpered as I laid my head on his shoulder. My mind seeing the difference between his shoulder and Daemon's. Daemon's shoulder felt so much more comfortable as if it were made for me to lay my head on. Nat had held open the door and gave my head a soft pet as we passed him.

    "She's awake." Derek said as he set his mug down and rose from his seat at the breakfast bar. He came over and stroked my face. "How do you feel?"

    I whimpered up at him. "Hungry and sore."

    He nodded and held out his arms. "I'll cuddle her so you could go make her something to eat." Nick passed me over and I wrapped my arms around Derek's neck as he took his seat again after me dragged it out a bit. Nick dragged Nat with him to help make some food. I knew Macy was busy tending to the house.

    Derek tilted his head down and smiled at me. "Did you at least enjoy the party before..."

    I smiled. "Yeah. Daemon wouldn't let anyone else dance with me but I didn't care. It was so fun just dancing with him."

    "I'm so happy you had some fun last night." His hand was massaging my arm and the soreness was fading a little. "Did you drink?"

    I bit my lip. "A little. I took a sip of beer and I am never ever having that again. Daemon got me a few wine coolers instead. They tasted so much better." I looked around. "Speaking of Daemon, where is he?" I felt worry quicken my heart.

    "Don't worry. He's just at practice and if I'm not mistaking, itching to get back home to make sure you're alright." Derek's hand moved to my back now and I shifted offering my whole back as he was making feel so much better as he worked. The soreness was there, but not so tight.

    "Dad had told us what had happened last night because we heard you guys get home way before we were planning on expecting you." Nat smiled as he turned to me. "We wanted to see if you guys kiss on the front porch before you came in."

    Nick shook his head flipping a pancake in his skillet. "Nat and I really wanted to go after the guy, but Dad stopped us. Told us to look over you because he couldn't and Daemon grumpily had to go to practice. He so didn't want to go."

    I looked up at Derek and lifted up to kiss his cheek. "Thank you."

    Derek patted my shoulder. "You're welcome dear." He encaged me in his arms and gave me a light squeeze. "I know how close you are to these twins. Figured you'd rest more comfortably with them holding you till you woke."

    I cuddled more against Derek. "I did." I looked over to the two who were working together. "I always feel better waking to them cuddling with me." I sighed with my head on Derek's chest just watching the two finish making our food. "When I wake to them holding me, I feel like I have my brother and sister back."

    Nat looked up. "Hey! I'm not a girl!"

    We all laughed at him and he smiled. He wanted us to laugh. He wanted me to laugh and feel happy. He and Nick always make the memories of my family feel how they should be, bright and right. That was their gift. o make things better.

    Derek stood up and placed me on his seat when Nick and Nat were coming over with our food. He kissed my temple. "I'll leave you to you breakfast. If you need me, I'll be in my office dealing with a few things that had come up."

    I frowned. "I hope it's nothing."

    He smiled down at me. "Nothing at all dear. Just a small thing that makes for a headache once in a while." He shrugged. "This thing happens all the time here."

    He turned to leave, but stopped at the door to turn back. "Before I forget. Your lawyer called and your bikes will be here by Wednesday and next weekend we have our family's annual camping trip to celebrate the start of another year. I was going to get another tent and air mattress for you."

    I shook my head. "If you would call my lawyer, he could probably send one of the tents from my family's house with an air mattress. No need to buy something that I already have."

    Uncle Derek smiled. "I'll go call him first and then work on the business at hand."

    I turned back to the breakfast that the two created. Pancakes and bacon. Nat even slid a cup of coffee to me before he put his own cup in front of him. He had made mine the way I like it. Little bit of coffee, a ton of milk, and a scoop of hot chocolate mix. I call it a poor man's mocha latte.

    After about half of my pancakes, I threw down my silverware. "My stomach is refusing anymore food. I think its still sore from last night."

    The twins frowned together which was always so cute with their identical features. "Maybe you should eat a little throughout the day to help work your stomach out. Twisting about can't be good for helping you get what you need to eat." I nodded to Nick and smiled at him.

    I got up hiding the wince with my legs. "I think I will take a bath and just soak my sore body."

    My body swayed a bit when arms wrapped around my waist. "I think that's a perfect idea. Let me escort you up to your room and double check all the locks so no one will disturb you." Daemon whispered into my ear.

    Smiling, I twisted around in his arms and hugged him tightly. "You're home." My voice coming out a little thick with tears. I was so relieved he was home. My heart had missed him more than I had thought it ever could miss anyone but my family.

    He lowered down a bit before I felt him lift me up into his arms and he started out of the kitchen. I didn't care in the slightest that he was sweaty or very musty. My arms wouldn't let him go. I just couldn't let him go just yet. It must be because of last night and the fact that I was still so sore didn't help either.

    "I missed you." My voice trembled out low.

    "You were in my mind the whole time I was gone. I fear Jacob's going to be limping on a severely bruised leg." I pulled back and tilted my head to the side. Daemon smiled and kissed my nose. "Just a little anger and worry bubbled to the surface. Nothing to worry about. He's a big boy and could take it."

    We got to my room and he took me right into my bathroom setting me down on the edge of the tub. He reached behind me and turned on the water while I poured a few cups of Epsom salts into the water. I had a jar of it next to the bath so when I start fully on the team and doing my tricks.

    "I'll take a shower while you bath so we could go done and watch the guys play their tournament on the console." He laughed lightly. "I don't think I'll join in on the fun." He smirked over at me. "I can think of a better time than playing games."

    I lifted my scrubby and threw it at him head. "Those thoughts better be PG-13 and not R-rated because I'm not an R-rating type of girl."

    He laughed as he came over and leaned down to me making me lean back a little. "Don't worry. I was just thinking about hold you and possibly kissing you."

    I giggled and put my arms around his neck. "I like the idea of kissing."

    He chuckled as he leaned down till he was a hair's breathe away from my lips. "Than I will have to make that more than an idea."

    I giggled pushing him away. "Down boy. Let's both get washed so we maybe able to make an idea real."

    He playfully pouted as he caressed my cheek. "But I'm in the mood for a kiss now."

    I smiled as a blush tinged. "If you have patience, you'll get your kiss for longer than a second."

    His cheek pressed against mine and his breathe fanned out across my neck and ear. "Even a brush of a kiss sates my heart when it's your lips to mine. The time never matters. Only the feel and the bliss of showing you my own heart so you know there is no other is what truly matters to me." His voice was soft and husky that it sent shivers down my spine and my heart felt electric with his words.

    "How do you do that?"

    He chuckled. "Do what? Make your heart race?"

    I pulled back and looked at him. His hand came up and he brushed a tear I had not known had fallen away. "No one has ever made me feel like this. I'm a little scared." I whispered the last sentence and felt two more tears spill over.

    Daemon rested his forehead against mine and looked right into my eyes. "Scared of me?"

    I placed a hand on his cheek and lightly shook my head. "Of you, no." I moved his hand to place it over my heart. "Of my heart and the confusion it's bringing me."

    He took a deep breathe and I followed as his eyes glowed like they had last night when he was calming me down. "Than I will make sure to help you lessen that confusion." He pulled back and kissed my cheek. "I will let you bath and relax. If you need anything, you know what to do."

    I smiled. "Just shout."

    He nodded before he kissed my other cheek. "Enjoy your bath." He walked out of my bathroom but not before he turned back and smiled at me as he closed my bathroom door.

    I sighed after I disrobed and slipped into the nice and really warm water. I could already feel my sore body relaxing and unwinding instantly. The warmth just seeping into every inch of me. The soreness was just being washed away.

    By the time the water cooled down, I wasn't hurting any longer and was able to get out of the tub without any pain. I felt so refreshed and back to my new normal that I pulled out a comfy peasant dress that went down to my calves in gathered layers. The dress was a soft cotton with a gathered waistline and a v-neckline with gathered shoulder straps.

    Biting my lower lip, I looked over to the small jewelry chest Derek insisted that I got to put all the jewelry he bought with several of my outfits. I smiled as I went over and found the turquoise necklace he and the twins all said that I needed to have. It wasn't the gaudy type of necklace you find these days. This one was about a medium size pendant with descending size stones going up the silver-ish rope chain.

    A knock came from the door and I smiled skipping over to it. The look on Daemon's face was priceless when I opened the door. He was in awe at seeing me. I even gave him a turn smiling at him.

    "You must feel so much better." He said absently.

    I giggled and took his hand. "Very much so. My body needed that soothing bath."

    He smiled as he let me pull him down the stairs. But his smile fell when he looked down the stairs at the two men next to the front door with Uncle Derek. Both wearing sheriff uniforms. The older man must be the actual sheriff.

    Uncle Derek held out his hand to me and Daemon released my hand urging me to his father. "This is my newest ward, Nina." He smiled down to me. "Nina, This is Sheriff Dennen and his deputy Anderson." His eyes turned down. "They've come to talk about last night."

    I looked down a little and nodded. "Sorry to meet you this way."

    "We can talk in my office." Uncle Derek said as he tucked me to his side and turned down the hall toward his office. Daemon followed behind the officers with his eyes on me the whole time. I could feel his stare and concern as we walked to and in Derek's office.

    Derek let me sit in his big leathered chair. He and Daemon stood next to my chair as the officers sat in the guest seats across from us. Daemon put a hand on my shoulder and I slipped my hand in his.

    "I know this is a bit hard to think about, but we need your account of everything that happened last night." Sheriff Dennen's voice was soft and had an air of understanding.

    I took several deep breathes before I told them everything that happened from the time I went to the restroom and till Daemon calmed me down. My voice trembled the whole time knowing that if I hadn't been so strong that I would have been violated like the other girl had been.

    Sheriff Dennen nodded after I was done before he leaned forward. "Can you show me your wolf?"

    I looked at him puzzled. "I don't understand."

    "That's enough." Derek had spoken when I had. "You've asked enough of her and have your statement."

    Sheriff Dennen and his deputy both raised their eyebrows as they rose from their seats. "If we need anything, I'll be in touch."

    "I'll see them out." Daemon said before he bent down and gave me a quick peck on my lips.

    I looked to Derek as they left. "I didn't understand his request. I don't have a wolf here. My wolf is back at my family's home."

    He came to kneel down next to the chair. "It's nothing princess." He stroked my cheek. "Just forget his question as he can be a little strange at times. He does it to see people's reaction."

    I frowned looking at him. "You're hiding something."

    Derek smiled and nodded. "For your benefit, believe me. You have enough stress at the moment. Just trust me when I tell you that I will tell you everything in time."

    Nodding my head, I agreed. The look in his eyes told me he would. The feeling I got from him was that it pained him for me not to know. "I believe you." I wrapped my arms around him and gave him a hug I knew he needed.

    "Thank you princess, thank you."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.2K 202 21
"Can you shift?" His voice was notably softer. I was grateful for it. As best as I could, I shook my head. The lingering dizziness rang through my he...
140K 6.6K 43
nova lives in a sea of grey. her world is a dull canvas, bleak and lifeless. having grown up with an unorthodox background, in a poor urban town wit...
234K 10.3K 26
I was rejected by my family, the pack members and my mate because I couldn't shift. On the day of my sister and mate's mating ceremony, My wolf, or...
1.3M 45.7K 42
•••••-••••••-••••••-••••••-••••••-•••••• ORIGINALLY 6.2M READS ON WATTPAD! First Unedited Draft. 64% manuscript sample. ••••••-••••••-••••••-•••••...