Growing Pains [Finished]

By ThaKid_Snapback

"Standing in the light of your halo I got my angel now..." More

Intro
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24

Part 9

3.7K 174 40
By ThaKid_Snapback

Part 9

"Mama, I want this."

"Ma, can I get this?"

"Can I paint my wall?"

"Can I get a Mac?"

"Can I, can I, can I." Beyoncé heard all day.

Messiah had been asking for everything under the sun. She decided to go shopping with Michelle, Kelly and her mom.

Beyoncé rubbed her temples.

"Messiah, put that down and get over here." Ms. Tina said.

Messiah put the basketball down and walked over towards his grandma as Beyoncé looked at towels.

"This for your bathroom or the hallway?" Michelle asked.

"Hallway, I already got my stuff." She said.

"How long this gonna take?" Messiah asked.

"Didn't you ask to come?" Beyoncé asked. "I told you to stay with Shawn or Tim but no so now you wait."

Messiah sighed and mumbled under his breath while Beyoncé went back to looking at towels.

"What you say?" Beyoncé asked looking towards Messiah after hearing some mumbling.

Messiah just looked at her and mugged her. Beyoncé sat the towel she was holding down and walked towards Messiah. He backed up and Beyoncé grabbed him and went into a clear aisle.

"What you mugging me for?" Beyoncé asked.

"Cause I don't want to be here."

"So what? Fix your damn face before I find a bathroom and fix it for you." She said sternly.

Messiah wiped his face.

"What are you crying for I didn't even hit you."

Messiah cleared his face and looked at her. Beyoncé finally went back to looking at towels with Messiah behind her staying quiet. After another hour they were finished and purchased their items then left the store. Afterwards they decided to go to lunch.

"So." Kelly started. "I've been thinking about what Shawn said."

"Me too." Michelle said.

"Can't lie and say I haven't thought about it." Beyoncé said.

"Thought about what?" Ms. Tina asked.

"Shawn asked would we ever consider doing an album." Beyoncé said.

"So y'all been thinking about it." Ms. Tina said.

"I think it could be fun." Beyoncé said.

"I do too." Kelly said.

Ms. Tina smiled.

"So we really doing this?" Michelle asked.

"Yeah, I mean I'll call Nicki. Talk to Columbia I know they'd sign us." Beyoncé said sipping her drink. "But I'd like us to do a lil EP first so they can hear us."

They nodded. Messiah sat quietly as they talked. Once Beyoncé and Messiah got in the car he still remained quiet.

"I wanna go with you." Messiah said.

"What?" Beyoncé asked confused.

"I don't want you to leave me again." He said quietly.

Beyoncé glanced at him before she pulled over to the side of the road.

"Messiah, I am not going to leave you." Beyoncé said looking at him.

"Your about to do an album. You have promo and tours to do." He said.

"I don't care what I have to do. I'm not leaving you again. Personally, I couldn't take being away from you that long now." She said.

Messiah hid his smile. He was glad that he was finally communicating with his mom and they felt the same way.

"I'll work something out with the school and a tutor so you won't fall behind okay." Beyoncé said.

He nodded.

"But are you happy we're gonna do an album?" She asked.

"Ma, I don't think you realize what y'all voices can do." He said. "Y'all will be big, I promise you."

Beyoncé smiled and nodded. She started her car back up and they went towards Shawn's studio.

They walked into the main studio Shawn works in and he was right there bobbing to a track that was playing. Syd was on the couch on her laptop. Beyoncé sat down by Shawn while Messiah joined Syd on the couch.

Shawn looked over and smiled. He turned down the music and hugged her.

"Hey." She said.

"Hey, wassup. What brings you by?" He asked.

"Well, the girls and I have been talking and we wanna try an album." She said.

Shawn broke out into a grin.

"You serious?" He asked.

"Yeah, I gotta call Nicki and work out some kinks but we wanna try it."

"Oh my god, just tell me when y'all wanna start. I got beats, I got some writers, some other producers. When y'all ready I am." He said.

Beyoncé was happy Shawn was just excited as she was but now it was to get the label on their side.

New York

Beyoncé held Messiah's hand as she, Nicki and Julius moved through the airport. They made it to the truck and got in while Julius put the bags in the trunk.

"What's the schedule Nic?" I asked.

"Columbia meeting then a radio spot." She said looking at her phone.

"Radio spot to talk about what?" Beyoncé asked.

"What you've been up to?" Nicki said.

Beyoncé shook her head.

"You gotta do it Bey." Nicki said. "Power 105. That's it and it doesn't have to be long. I've already told them what they can ask and what they can't."

Beyoncé nodded. She knows how interviewers worked. They don't give a damn they ask what they wanna ask.

The first place they headed was to the label. Beyoncé woke Messiah up and they got out the car and walked into the building.

"I'm hungry." Messiah said.

"We'll get something to eat after. It shouldn't take that long." Beyoncé said and he nodded.

They walked into a big conference room where all the higher ups were.

"Hey everybody." Beyoncé said waving as they walked in.

"Hey Beyoncé." They said back.

They sat down.

"This is my son Messiah." She said introducing him.

"Hey." They said.

"Hi." Messiah said and did a slight wave.

"So Beyoncé. Nicki tells us you have something to ask us."

"Why yes I do." Beyoncé said.

Beyoncé began to sell them her girl group idea. They seem interested when Beyoncé broke it down about them being her friends and their whole story. She played them singing amazing grace that day in Shawn's studio and she knew she had their ears.

"What's the groups name?" Someone asked.

"Destiny's Child."

They nodded and wrote something's down.

"Do you have any more tracks?"

"No but we're in the studio getting a little EP together so you can get a feel."

"Is there a way it can be finished in about six weeks and we can get the other girls up here and we can make a final decision?" Someone said.

"Yes." Beyoncé said.

They smiled and Beyoncé smiled. She shook hands with them and the meeting was over. They got in the truck.

"We have two hours until the breakfast club." Nicki said.

"Yes, food." Messiah said.

They laughed and went to lunch. After lunch they headed to Power 105. They walked in and Beyoncé greeted everyone before she sat down. They pulled up a chair and let Messiah sit down.

"Wow, we have a very special guest in the building right now." DJ Envy said.

"A very special guest." Charlemagne said.

"Ms. Beyoncé Knowles." DJ Envy said.

"Hey, hey, what's up New York." Beyoncé said.

"Beyoncé would you like to introduce your guest?" Angela asked.

"He can introduce himself." She said.

Messiah scooted up to the mic.

"Hey, I'm Messiah." He said shyly.

Beyoncé laughed.

"How old are you Messiah?" Angela asked.

"I'm twelve." He said.

"Beyoncé, he looks just like you." Angela said.

"Thank you." Beyoncé said smiling.

"So you've finally introduced him to the world." Charlemagne said. "What brought that about cause I remember you said you didn't want that."

"I did." Beyoncé said. "It actually was an accident. I was home in Houston and took him to the mall to go shopping. Me forgetting who I am I shut down DTLR and let him shop but people were taking pictures of us and they saw us basically."

"So if that didn't happen we would be still trying to figure out what he looks like?" Charlemagne asked.

"Probably." Beyoncé said laughing. "But eventually I would have made it his choice as he got older. Kids these days-"

"Are monsters." DJ Envy said.

Beyoncé laughed.

"They can be pretty cruel." She said.

"You been in any fights because people know who you are now?" Charlemagne asked Messiah.

"I mean people try me but I don't let it get too far." He said. "And it's not really me they say stuff about I don't care about that. It's when they say stuff about my mama."

"Understandable." Charlemagne said. "You throw them hands yet."

"I pled the 5th." He said and sat back.

"Yes, Bey you taught him right." Charlemagne said laughing. "Don't get your mama sued out here."

"So Beyoncé," Angela started. "Whats your love life looking like. I know last time we talked there were rumors about you and Justin."

"That's negative." Messiah said. "That never happened."

"Thank you Messiah. Would you like to answer the following questions too?" Beyoncé asked and Messiah shrugged.

Everyone in the studio laughed.

"Well as you guys know I did the remix for "Until The End Of Time" so that's why y'all saw us together. Justin and I are friends." Beyoncé said.

"Well is there anyone in your love life?" She asked.

"Maybe, maybe not." Beyoncé said laughing.

"So Dreamgirls." Angela said.

Beyoncé smiled.

"Yes, I can't wait for y'all to see it." She said. "I can't give any details yet though."

"I just know I saw Eddie Murphy and with that alone I'm seeing it." Charlemagne said.

Beyoncé laughed.

"So Messiah besides traveling around with mom what you like to do?" DJ Envy asked.

"I play the drums, play the piano, listen to music, sing." He said.

"Time out." Charlemagne said. "You sing? You gotta sing for us."

Messiah looked at Beyoncé and she shrugged.

"What y'all wanna hear?"

"Don't matter." Charlemagne said. "World Premiere on the Breakfast Club. Messiah."

"Ok, Uhm." Messiah started.

He sung "Ain't No Sunshine" and everyone clapped when he was finished. Beyoncé smiled.

"Bey, damn, my god." Charlemagne said. "Your twelve?"

Messiah nodded.

"Wow, Beyoncé you gotta give us something."

Beyoncé looked at Messiah.

"I mean if you can top that." He said shrugging.

Beyoncé looked at him.

"Okay." Beyoncé said nodding. "We going old school."

Beyoncé began singing "Id Rather Go Blind." Messiah wouldn't even let her finish.

"Okay, okay, you got it." He said laughing.

"I got it?" Beyoncé said.

"Yeah, yeah." He said laughing.

"I don't think we've ever had a Mother/Son singing competition before." DJ Envy said.

"That is the standard now." Charlemagne said hitting the table. "If you can't sing live don't come up here. We all agree?"

"I second it." Angela said.

"Then we all agree." DJ Envy said. "We wanna thank Beyoncé and Messiah for stopping through. Album available when?"

Beyoncé and Messiah laughed.

"No time soon." Beyoncé said.

"Okay, we out. Breakfast Club one." DJ envy said.

After they finished the interview they finally went to the hotel. Beyoncé sighed as she sat down with Nicki.

"Ma, I'm hungry." Messiah said.

"You just ate." She said.

"Still hungry."

Beyoncé rolled her eyes.

"Order a snack."

He nodded.

Beyoncé turned to look at Nicki.

"We done for the day?" Beyoncé asked.

"Yep besides that other thing we're good."

Beyoncé nodded.

"You coming back to Houston with me right?"

Nicki nodded.

"Great, you get to see my new place and help me move."

Nicki straight faced her.

"You want me to pack boxes?"

"No but set up and you have your own room." Beyoncé said playing with her cheeks.

Nicki laughed and moved her hands. Beyoncé finally stood up. She said she was going to take a nap and told Messiah not to leave the hotel suite. She went to the room she was staying in, stripped into a tank and shorts and went right to sleep.

A few hours later Beyoncé woke up. She walked out of the room and went into the living room. She saw her son passed out in front of the TV. She took some of his fries and picked up her phone which was on the coffee table. It rung which surprised and she almost dropped it. It was a face time from Shawn.

"Hello." Beyoncé said.

"Hey." He said. "How did the meeting go?"

"Great. Think we can have an EP done in six weeks?"

"We can make and mix two albums." He said and they laughed. "What are you doing?"

"Just woke up. Look at the view." Beyoncé said showing him the view outside the window.

"Wow, I miss New York." He said.

"You should've came." She said.

"Nah, that's business. We'll go when there is no business." He said.

Beyoncé smiled and walked back to the room to lay down.

"Did you tell Messiah where he was going?" Shawn asked.

"Not yet, I'll let him be surprised." She said. "But I gotta get ready and wake him up."

"Okay."

"I'll call you tonight."

"Alright, later."

"Later." She said and hung up.

Beyoncé put her phone down and went to wake up her child.

"Messiah, get up." She said shaking him.

He finally moved.

"Got get dressed."

"Where we going?"

"To dinner, get up."

He finally got up and they both went to get dressed. They both met Nicki in the lobby and got in the truck. They drove to Time Square and Messiah didn't know where they were he just followed his mother. They walked through the back of a building and Messiah heard music but still didn't know where he was. They walked through people greeting his mom and smiling but he was still confused.

They walked into a green room and Messiah was shocked.

"Hey." He heard.

He looked and Fetty Wap was standing right in front of him. He smiled and dapped him up. They talked for a bit and took some photos and then Fetty had to perform.

Beyoncé and Nicki took Messiah to the side of the stage so we could watch Fetty perform. He sang to all of songs and was so excited. When the show was over he hugged Beyoncé and wouldn't let go. That's how they walked out of the building. They stopped to get pizza and then back to the hotel.

"I don't like that one, I look goofy." Messiah said as they looked through the pictures in the bedroom.

"I like it you were excited." She said.

"Pick that one." He said looking at a picture where he looked sort of calm.

"Okay."

She picked that picture and posted it on her Instagram.

"Thanks again ma." He said.

"No problem." She said kissing his forehead then his cheek. "You staying in here?"

He nodded.

"Okay, well sleep over there. You wild and I don't need your foot in my back."

He laughed.

"Goodnight ma."

"Goodnight."

Comment & vote! Let me know what you think!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.6K 1.6K 24
𝐚 𝐛𝐞𝐲𝐧𝐢𝐤𝐚 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 - 𝐭𝐢𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐲 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐛𝐲 𝐜𝐥𝐞𝐨 𝐬𝐨𝐥.
228K 9.5K 38
I'm praying you catch me...
48.8K 2.3K 28
Part II ◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆ I Came. I Saw. I Comquered -JAYZ (NUMB)
3.3K 211 12
Stars can't shine without darkness.