The Guardian and The Priestess

By thereaper1927

On the exact day of her 18th birthday, Lucy Heartfilia got pulled from the world she known and lived. Lucy wa... More

Author's Note
The Gift
The Witch
The Archangel
The Nymph
The Pirate
Strange
The Blacksmith
The Ninja
The Mermaid
The Succubus
The Merchant
The Assassin
Family
Wandering
Trouble
Treaty
Fortified
Avoiding You
Borrowed Time
Crossed Paths
Destiny's game
Epilogue

The Guardian

11.3K 420 154
By thereaper1927

Both Natsu and Levy gasped.

"W-Why do you ask?" Levy stuttered.

"She asked me to meet a witch and ask about her." I stated, confused.

"SHE ASKED YOU?" Levy gulped, looking skeptical.

"Who are you?!" Natsu questioned, accusingly.

"I'm Lucy." I stated.

"Damn it! I know your name! What kind of element are you?" he thundered.

"I don't know! All I know was that I muttered a few words from a key, today, and it led me to the castle!" I burst, since I'm really confused.

"A key? Don't tell me. You're not from this world, are you?" Levy questioned in suspicion.

"I'm not." I answered straightforwardly, showing her the letter I kept on my short's pocket.

"So, that explains your weird outfit." Natsu mumbled.

"I can hear you, bastard!" I roared, taking Levy and Natsu aback.

"No one has dared insult the prince!" Levy wheezed while Natsu, on the other hand, looked amused.

"I shall allow it. Only, for her." Natsu stated, going back to his nonchalant attitude.

Levy bowed and opened the letter.

After reading the letter, her hand shook and she bit her lower lip.

She calmed herself down, as Natsu and I watch her.

"Tell me. Who's your mother?" Levy asked, almost crumpling the paper.

"Layla." I responded, calmly.

Natsu fell off his chair and Levy jumped at me.

"I knew you were special! Child of the High priestess! Layla-sama used to predict the future with her visions!" Levy cheered.

"She must've predicted that there was something off, with the balance of Fiore!" Levy continued.

Natsu remained silent, crawling back to his chair.

"She mentioned that you also have the Fairy Tail mark?" Levy inquired.

"I do." I stated and removed the cover on my right hand.

"It's in your hand! That's extremely rare!" Levy complimented.

"This means bravery, Lucy-sama." She muttered softly.

"Please drop the sama. Can you tell me what your world's about?" I asked, politely.

"It's our world, silly. You're part of this world, too. You're The Priestess. This world is Fiore kingdom. It's a world where all maidens has specific class, or element. Yours happens to be, the stars. The kingdom blessed maidens with power, while the men were gifted with unusual strength. In this world, there are no restrictions on mating. However, men from this era are disgusted with some elements. Some elements preys on the innocent men. They would use them for snack and some were toys. Going back, nobody cares, whether a fairy would end up with a killer. Their offspring, however, will carry over one of the parent's ability. If the offspring turned out to be a girl, then she'll be an element without a doubt. If it's a he, he gains unexplainable strength. It's either one or the other." She paused and looked at Natsu, like she was seeking for approval.

Natsu nodded.

"However there are some rare cases, like the Prince, wherein an offspring inherits both magic and brutal strength. That's why he's exceptionally valued, and no one dares to oppose him. It's very rare in Fiore, especially inside the royal family, to inherit both abilities from the king and queen. It happens once in a blue moon. He's classified as a pureblood." She added.

"Then, that would mean that I'm a full pledged element, regardless of being born in a different world..." I muttered softly to myself.

"Exactly. But, you're case is different. Since you're a priestess, you can't be tainted. You have to remain pure. As far as I know, when priestesses gets tainted by being paired with an incorrect mate, their powers gets neutralize. So, they had to make sure that they are being mated with another unsoiled soul, since you're kind is an exception to the carefree rule of mating. If not, you lose the power to hold the stars." Levy concluded.

"I see." I carefully stated.

"How did you know the meaning behind my mark?" I asked.

"Well, I have one and it's on my back! It meant knowledge." she smiled, showing me her mark on her back.

"Which reminds me, it's your duty to collect us! I'm one of your constellation!" she added.

"Collect?" I asked, sounding confused.

"That's right! To restore the balance in Fiore, you are to perform a judgement, in accordance to the stars." She cheered.

"You have to get your spirits or zodiacs trust, first!" she added, making me dizzy.

"Sorry, Levy. But I'm hardly catching up with this. You mean I have to find 11 more people who bears the same insignia as mine?" I asked.

"Silly, you're one of the constellation! The prince and I, are one of your constellation! So, that leaves off 9 more beings! And, you may have to win the trust of your 12 zodiacs." She stated.

"Wait! You're a constellation, too?" I gawked at Natsu.

"I'm The Guardian and Levy is The Witch." He stated, showing me his mark on his right shoulder, nonchalantly.

"The Guardian?" I asked and Levy answered.

"It was his duty, as a guardian, to protect you. It was according to the history that Layla-sama predicted. And, his mark meant strength." Levy specified.

"What are zodiacs?" I asked.

"You have to make contracts with them. You can summon them, anytime." Levy shrugged.

"How?" I asked.

"I don't know. Just close your eyes and use your instincts, then allow your intuition to take over." Levy responded.

I closed my eyes.

Concentrated.

Blocking any noise around me.

Suddenly, a gust of wind wrapped around my surroundings.

I heard a voice.

A whisper.

Before I knew it, I was already summoning someone.

"Open gate of the Leo, Loki!" I summoned and there was a golden circle below me.

Someone popped out of nowhere and eyed me sternly.

"Are you the one, who summoned me?" the man with orange hair and glasses, questioned me.

"Yes." I said, feeling queasy.

"Perhaps, you're the mistress of the stars, I take it?" he asked, still skeptical.

My mom asked me a favor, for a reason, so I'll do it.

"Yes." I answered, determinedly.

"Why do you suppose, I should adhere your orders?" he challenged.

"You just have to." I stated simply.

We're now having an eye to eye contact.

"Well, you might just have to beat me first. Don't worry, I'm the leader of the zodiac. So, dealing with me is dealing with them. You catch me and you catch most of them. Are you up for the challenge, princess?" he provoked and I nod.

"What? Are you crazy?" Natsu shouted from the sidelines.

The man with orange hair and sunglasses positioned himself for an attack, and I just continued observing his action.

In a split second he was gone, and now facing me.

I just looked at his eye intently, as he positioned his fist for a punch, while my eyes never left his.

"LUCY! DODGE IT!" Levy screamed in panic, as the man's fist nears my face.

"LUCY! MOVE!" I heard Natsu screamed, but I never averted my eyes from the man.

The man's fist stopped as it reached an inch, before completely colliding my cheek.

"I love your bravery." he smirked.

He formally stood up, then knelt down.

"Summon me anytime you need assistance, princess. I'll be more than willing to oblige. I'm your zodiac, now." He stood up and smiled.

"No." I mumbled and he raised an eyebrow.

"You're not my zodiac. You're my friend." I finished, smiling gently, and he chuckled while ruffling my hair.

"You got me scared there for a second, princess! But, you no longer need to open my gate, since we've already made contract. Just call or whisper my name and I'll be there." He informed me.

"Thank you, Loki." I muttered softly, and his gaze softened.

"You can always count on me." He touched my cheek lightly, as he slowly disappear in thin air.

I watched Leo's sign glowed on my right shoulder, for a second, then it completely vanished.

Guess, I have one of the contracts, now.

Next chapter: The Archangel

Can you guess, who this might be?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

185K 4.4K 48
Natsu Dragneel, one of the richest men in Japan, seeks a PA that doesn't flirt with him. Seeking revenge for the death of his brother. Lucy Heartfili...
14.3K 296 55
"Oops, my baby, you woke up in my bed. Oops, we broke up, we're better off as friends. Now I accidentally need you, I don't know what to do. Oops, ba...
41.3K 1.7K 26
"So.." he began, shifting to look at her now instead. "Why'd you leave?" There it was, the question she had dreaded from the start. Lucy closed her e...
24K 991 69
Lucy Heartfilia's life was just turned upside down at the unexpected death of her parents. She moves to a new town and a new school to get a fresh st...