A Unique Kind of Love (PUBLIS...

By foreversmilin

BASICALLY A DRAFT! The book is already live on Amazon, go get it now! You can find links to it on my blog. AL... More

je t'aime
1. Once Upon A Time
2.New Friends, Muddy Pants, New Encounters
3. A Proposal
NOTE
5.Turn Of Events.
6. Reputation Slide Goin' Down.
7.The Girl With The Broken Smile
8. Different
9.The Master Of Tickling.
10.I'll Hurt You.
11.I Want You To Stay.
12. Like You Want To Be Loved.
13. Past Comes To Life.
14. Broken.
15. Crestfallen
16. Love Jitters
17. Girl Days
21. He is All I Need
22. Thantophobia
23. Wherever You Are
24. Something about December
MOST IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT EVER
goodreads uh yeah
pls READ COVER VOTING AND ALL
HELLUR READ ME
super quick announcement
DETAILS ABOUT THE RELEASE
How to Become Famous! :DD
#AUKOL! #AUKOL EVERYWHERE!
Wattpad Story Update and Book Depository.
CHAPTERS 19-29
Mars

18. Feeling Like Love

491K 7.5K 1.3K
By foreversmilin

“You can’t blame gravity for falling in love.” Albert Einstein

Lena Rose Winter

"Bloody hell, time passes by! We have 3 hours to get you ready," exclaimed Tori, examining me.

"Yes. We have three hours to make her look like a princess, Liam's princess," agreed Mom. I felt a blush rise on my cheeks.

"Oh, come on! I just need a little makeup, my hair down and putting my dress on! That doesn't take three freaking hours!" I cried out.

"Tut, tut. You're pretty, but we need to make you look like the most beautiful girl in the dance," shushed my mother.

I huffed and crossed my arms together.

Are you confused? Let me clear that up. I was currently sitting on a chair,  the back directed towards a big mirror. My dear mother and sister were examining every inch of my face. They insisted on making my look a surprise to me. I don't have the right to look at my reflection until the very end of their work.

"We'll start with makeup," declared Tori, taking her kit. My mom agreed.

I sighed, this was going to be the longest three hours of my life.

-

After two hours and forty-five minutes of pampering, Tori and Mom smirked with pride.

"So? How do I look?" I asked nervously. Tori smiled. Oh come on! Just reassure me for God's sake!

"Stand up, and take a look at our marvelous work," ordered Mom. Finally, I stood up, and turned to face the mirror.

There stood a brunette with an indescribable beauty. Her hair was a rich shade of chestnut brown. It flowed in waves to adorn her glowing, olive-like skin. Her eyes, framed by long lashes and eyeliner, were popping out in a bright, chestnut color. I saw a gleam of excitement and bewilderment in them. Her cheeks were tainted by a dark color of red. Her full lips made the stranger look mature, as they were curved into a smile. That wasn't all. The dress she was wearing fit her like a second skin, but in an elegant way.

"W-Who is this?" I managed to say, and strangely enough, the lips in the mirror reflected my action.

Tori and Mom smiled, as my sister put a hand on my shoulder.

"You." revealed Tori, nodding in my direction.

I felt myself slowly recover from the shock I was in, and my eyes widened.

The alien in the mirror was me. Me?

Yes, me, idiot.

Shut up, me.

Well, we look beautiful and I don't feel like fighting with me right now.

I looked like a princess, and I felt like one.

I grinned, then gave my family a bone crushing hug. I was Mama Bear right now. A very happy one.

"L-Lena, I need to b-breathe," stuttered Mom. I immediately let go, and broadly smiled at them.

Their smiles widened."You two are officially my favorite people in the whole world," I declared.

"Tut, tut. We know we're great, but everyone knows Mr. Prince Charming is on top of your list." tutted Tori, winking at me.

I felt my face get hot, but I was determined to defend myself.

"Who are you talking about?" I asked, my eyebrow rose. Tori chuckled.

"Oh, I think you know exactly who I'm talking about."

I sent my mom a look, signaling for her to help me out.

"Hush Tori, don't embarrass her," said Mom, slapping Tori’s shoulder lightly.  I thanked her with my eyes.

"But, I have to admit. You two are perfect together," shrugged my mother, making me take back the gratefulness I felt.

My mouth fell open, and I glared at her. Tori grinned, feeling success.

"Liam and Lena sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G. First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes a Leniam baby, in a baby carriage," sang Tori, dancing.

A poking war began. My revenge commenced by directly poking my finger on her bellybutton. Tori shrieked.

As soon as I started, Tori's cries, giggles and screams filled the room.

"Girls!" yelled Mom, breaking us apart.

I stuck my tongue out at Tori.

She blew a raspberry tongue at me.

"Grow up! Now, it's 6 o'clock, and Liam should be here any minute now, so behave yourselves," reminded me Mom.

Oh.

My.

God.

He's coming.

He might’ve been on his way, he might’ve even been in front of the doorstep.

Mom went downstairs, leaving me with Tori. She eyed me with a playful look. Frankly, she looked quite comic, wearing her Tweety pajamas.

"Oh stop it! I'm just really nervous okay!" I cried out.

She commanded: "Lena, breathe."

I let the air flow deeply through my lungs, and indeed, I felt relaxed. I opened my eyes, which I'd closed, then faced Tori.

" She smiled, as if she knew something I didn’t. Bear, why do I feel like this?" I whined.

"Now, the answer to this question is really simple. But I'll leave it to you. Figure it out," said Tori, just as the bell rang.

Deep breaths.

He's here.

"Go, your prince wants you," ushered Tori, nodding towards the door. I frantically grasped her arm, refusing to let go. She shook my arm away and pushed me. I put on a coat, as it was freezing outside.

What if I pretended that I was really sick? Liam's really kind, he wouldn't mind.

"LENA ROSE WINTER, GET DOWN HERE, LIAM HAS ARRIVED," shouted my mom loud enough for the whole neighborhood to hear us.

Damn it.

I blew Tori a kiss, as she whispered "Good luck."

My heels made a "click" noise on the stairs. My legs were shaking, my palms were sweating and I felt slightly dizzy. As the staircase was on the side of the door, I'd probably see Liam right away. My eyes were glued on the stairs. I was afraid I'd fall.

As I stepped on the last step, I finally looked up.

Oh, how I wished I hadn't.

His hair was messily, yet perfectly falling on his eyes. The blue gems danced and twinkled in amusement, happiness and shock. He was dressed in a black tuxedo and a white shirt perfectly tucked into his pants. His hands held a bouquet of a dozen roses.

I felt woozy, just looking at him. His mouth fell when he saw me, and he gaped for about 10 seconds. When I was done checking him out, my eyes met his. Liam cleared his throat and smiled at me. It was contagious.

"Utterly beautiful," He mouthed to himself, I think. I bit my lip and felt a blush rise on my cheeks. I'd momentarily forgotten my mom was still standing here. She eyed us with joy and mischievousness.

"Liam, bring her back by 11. Have fun kids," winked Mom, and left us alone.

I looked at Liam through my eyelashes, and saw him intently staring at me. He took the notepad and pen he always kept in his left pocket then scribbled something down and showed it to me.

"I always believed that angels didn't exist on Earth, but yet you proved me wrong. You look quite perfect, as always,"

Maybe it was how cheesy that line seemed, or how nervous I was, but I started uncontrollably laughing and giggling.

Liam looked at me as if I were a Martian.

"Don't look at me like that! You know why I was laughing, this line is just so cheesy!" I exclaimed, still laughing my butt off.

Surprisingly, his shoulders slumped and his expression fell. His eyes read: "I really meant that." Guilt washed over me, and I immediately put my arms around him.

"I'm so so so sorry Liam! I didn't think, I-just-" I blabbered, to be cut off by Liam's hands lifting my chin up. His expression softened and his eyes took my breath away. I could feel his hot breath.

"It's okay," moved his full, red lips.

I nodded, speechless. The way he was looking at me made me melt like an ice-cream exposed to 500° degrees weather. If it wasn't for his hand firmly, but softly, holding my waist, I was pretty sure my wobbly legs would abandon me.

Liam released his grip and opened the door. He slightly bowed down, and offered his arm to me.

He asked, tracing those words."Shall we?" 

I felt a surge of adrenaline pulse through my veins. I shot him a small smile, and nodded.

"We shall," I replied, taking his arm.

There was a fine layer of snow outside. And with fine, I meant huge. Little snowflakes fell, making the snow twinkle in the moonlight. Sure, it was only 6, but the sun went down early in winter, here.

We headed for his black Mercedes. He opened the passenger door in a gentlemanly way.

My cheeks already hurt so much from smiling.

-

Liam and I stepped in the gym, which had gotten a very successful makeover. There were huge snowflakes "floating" in the air. The floor had been covered by fake snow and the air just twinkled.

Apparently, we'd been the last arriving, because everyone turned to look at us. Gasps could be heard. Girls shot Liam and me a jealous glare, and boys groaned. I was still clutching to the bouquet with my right hand, and on Liam's arm with the other.

 Tired of their stares, I yelled: "Nothing to look at here! Back to your onions." They did exactly as demanded. I was almost certain that everyone had heard about my little fights with Mark.

Liam smirked. We headed for a spot where there were two chairs. We sat down, and I could still feel Liam looking at me with that smirk of his.

"Oh, would you stop it! It's really annoying." I said, blankly staring at the dance floor. He shook his head, chuckling. His laugh made me laugh too.

Why was I thinking this way about Liam?

Simple.

Stupid mind, please shut up.

Oh, okay. But just so you know, I know exactly why you feel like this.

Tell me why then.

You'll figure it out by your own.

I mentally groaned. Why was everyone speaking in puzzles today?

Liam turned to me, confusion written all over his features.

"Oh, you don't want to know."

"I do." moved his lips.

I felt myself panic. I couldn't just tell him that I was feeling strange things towards him! I had to make up an excuse. If I wasn’t sure of what I was feeling for him, I was certain that telling him would be the worst option.

"Excuse me, I have to go to the little ladies' room," I mumbled standing up.

Little ladies' room? Really, me? Really?

I went to the bathroom, and locked myself in a stall. I had to regain my coolness. Oh, how was I kidding! I had no coolness to regain.

Hahaha, you're an idiot.

Shut it, you. It's all your fault. If you didn't act so dumb , I wouldn't be here; fake peeing.

Mentally fighting with me was really annoying.

I got out, then went to the spot Liam was supposed to be in. He wasn't there.

What if he ditched me? Was I too clumsy and dumb for him?

Stop being paranoid.

Someone tapped on my shoulder. I turned to face Liam, holding to cups of punch. I sighed in relief. Of course. He was too nice to actually do any of the horrible things that pop into my imagination. I smiled and took the drink from his hand. We each took small sips.

Liam's face scrunched up. I mirrored his action. The punch was absolutely horrible.

"Come on, let's dance," I exclaimed, suddenly feeling hyper. I placed our drinks on a nearby table and took his hand. Just as we arrived on the dance floor, Don't Stop the Party by Pit bull stopped. A slow song came on. I gasped.

"It's Kiss Me!" I jumped excitedly. Liam looked at me with a cute, crooked smile.

Wait. He had to ask me to dance. But considering that he couldn’t exactly talk, I had to be the one to ask.

"May I have this dance, my handsome peanut?" He grinned and swiftly took my waist, holding me extremely close. My breath caught in my throat.

"I thought you'd never ask," His mouth traced the words just as a small adorable smile formed on his face.

I placed my hand on his shoulder, and we swayed to the music. I constantly looked at my feet, hoping I wouldn't step on his. I was a horrid dancer.

"I'm really sorry, I'm just a really terrible dancer and I could step on your feet. I don't want to embarrass myself," I blabbered, still looking at my feet.

This felt very awkward though. The snow increased my fear, it spread everywhere. Liam's feet reflected mine, his chuckles making me feel extremely self-conscious.

Liam lift my head up, his eyes reading through me. I instantly relaxed, but tensed at the same time. The smile wiped off his face, and he was intensely looking at me.

Was there something on my face?

 I itched to touch my face, but I was unable to look away ever since Liam's eyes met mine. It felt as if Liam and I were in another world, where we were the only ones on the dance floor.

I admired his boyish features. He was just—unique. In every way possible. He was certainly the most beautiful guy I'd ever met. The most perfect one. His eyebrows furrowed and his gaze went from my eyes to something lower in my face.

My nose? Why would he be looking at my nose?

Liam was leaning closer and closer to my face. He gave a small quirky smile, that one he knew that I had loved from a long time ago; it gave me the feeling as if he knew something that I didn't. Caressing my cheek, he lifted my chin; our noses almost touching. I could feel the warmth of his breath brushing the top of my lip.

Oh. He was definitely not staring at my nose. My heart's pace quickened.

Just as the last piece of the jigsaw was about to complete the puzzle of my feelings for him, I felt a cold, sticky liquid be poured down my back. I gasped. The space between Liam and I was now bigger that I would’ve wanted it to be. Tears formed in my eyes, as the coolness gave me goose bumps.

"Oups?" exclaimed a squeaky female voice I instantly recognized.

I turned, only to see the girl I despised the most in the world holding a now empty cup of punch.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 48.1K 16
THIS IS THE OLD AND DISCONTINUED VERSION OF THE BOOK. THE NEW VERSION IS UP ON MY PROFILE. (The old version is available on my Ko-fi page) - "I don't...
Lennon By bri

Teen Fiction

188K 7.7K 22
Lennon Carter is a newly eighteen year old that's ready to get away from all she's ever known. She doesn't want to think about what happened, or even...
1.1M 26.9K 45
When young Diovanna is framed for something she didn't do and is sent off to a "boarding school" she feels abandoned and betrayed. But one thing was...
20.8K 1K 55
Theodetia Hamilton has finally decided to give herself into commitment, to give herself a chance to relationship, so since that is the case, she deci...