One Minute To Midnight- Not g...

By RachelJessie

“She died at seven last night, she was murdered. Knife to the chest, she struggled and it was made to look li... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight

Chapter Six

47 4 2
By RachelJessie

© 2013 by RachelJessie

All rights reserved. No part of this document may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without prior written permission  from RachelJessie. 

Picture of Martin Richards to your right>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"All right, I'll call you Jared. So Jared, I'm not signing this. Look at paragraph three, sentence four." He put on a pair of reading glasses from his pocket, and walked over. 

"At any point, the signatory may be apprehended and brought in for more approval on the secrecy of the subject matter. What's wrong with that Jillian?" I rolled my eyes. 

"I don't want any more contact with BrickStone, or the FBI at all. Take it out, and we have a deal." He rolled his eyes and grabbed the pen from my hands. As our fingers touched, the image of a dead body saturated my vision.  This only meant one thing. 

"Jared? You said your name was Gregory Martin, you changed it to Jared right?" I had to be cautious here. He handed me the pen and I quickly signed.

"Yeah, my name used to be Jared Coyle, but I changed it for personal reasons." My eyes widened as I took a step back. I had seen that blond hair before, I knew those eyes. 

"You killed Alexa Houston! I know you did, because I did her case!"  I shouted, then covered my mouth with my hand. Jared tensed, then leaned on the table. 

"If I murdered this Alexa, then why am I not behind bars Jil?" He sneered at me. I definitely recognized him now. The face, the name, Alexa's last words were 'see you in hell Jared', I remembered. 

"Because you were caught. You were behind bars, I saw you." My voice faltered. I thought back to that day, I remembered the police catching Jared Coyle, I visited him in prison once. 

"Looks can be deceiving sweetheart. I didn't kill anyone." I saw a smirk playing at his lips. 

"I think she loved you." Jared tensed again, and turned away from me. 

"I mean, right before Alexa died, her eyes were full of pain and heartbreak, she just looked dead. When her eyes saw you there was a split second of happiness. I think Alexa loved you Jared, and you killed her." Jared spun around quickly and grabbed my throat, lifting me up in the air. 

"Don't ever talk about Alexa again, got it!" He dropped me and I gasped for air. 

"She's gone, gone gone gone! I'll see that Paul drives you home safely. Get out of my sight." I ran for the door, still gasping for air. Paul was was waiting outside the door. 

"Hey, you alright?" I shook my head, and leaned on him. He slowly helped me walk, and I was looking down. Suddenly, the grey floor was replaced by grass as we went outside. 

"Jill, I'm sorry. Whatever Gregory said to you back there, I'm sorry. He just gets a little..mad sometimes, and he has so much stress from the company. I mean, he hasn't dated anyone since he became the head of BrickStone two years ago." He helped me into a green truck, and then ran around the side.

"Don't look out the window Jill, so I don't have to blindfold you." I nodded and kept my head down. Paul was kinder than most people I had met in the past five days. He was a bit older than me, with black hair he slicked down, and quick brown eyes.  He threw my phone into my lap. 

"This Maria person called about twenty times, and you have a bunch of messages from a Matthew Colton. We didn't read through them though, Martin wouldn't let us." I opened one of the messages and frowned.

'Jill, if you get this call me. It's super important'  'Jill I'm so worried, please call me.' 'Jill-" 

I slammed the phone shut and sighed. "What am I going to tell them when they ask?" I placed my head in my hands. 

"Tell them that you needed a break, and that Martin sent you on a vacation. They'll belive it." Paul patted my back. 

"We're here JIll, Martin wanted to drop you at the Space Needle. Good-bye." I hopped out of the car and waved to him. 

"Bye!" He drove off, and I started to call a cab. A tap on the shoulder turned me around, and a tiny figure crashed into me.  

I shrieked as we both fell over. I looked her up and down, and grinned. Her outfit was amazing.

"How was Milan?" I signed. Jennifer grinned and handed me her notebook. She started to explain very quickly, but i couldn't catch it. 

"Slow down Jen." I mouthed, and she nodded. I watched as she talked about everything she had seen, and how well her designs had done. I ruffled her hair and tucked the notebook under my arm. 

"I'm so proud of you." She patted down her mousy brown hair, and gave me another hug. The taxi drove up, and she climbed in with me. I gave the driver my address and we started driving through the slow Seattle traffic. 

"I just got home two days ago, and was visiting the Needle. I'm so lucky I saw you." She signed at me and I nodded, giving her another hug.  I watched as her young face turned serious.

"I saw you on the news last night, about the bomb and then your apartment." I waved her off.

"I'm okay now, do not worry Jenny!"  I touched my chin forcefully and shook my head. I did not need her stressing too. We made it to my apartment, and I paid. Greeting Dave the doorman, Jenny and I made our way up the stairs.

"I have to worry, I am your sister!" Her actions were becoming more frantic. 

"You are my younger sister, I am supposed to watch out for you." Opening my door, I threw my keys on the counter. 

"I'm twenty, we have to look out for each other. I'm worried." She sat down on my couch, and turned away from me. I guess that was the end of our conversation.   I sat down next to her and turned on the TV, putting on the subtitles.

"Jillian Clearwater seems to be the thing to talk about lately. After the incident with the Memorial Building that left one dead and many shook up, including the President of the United States.  It was a real puzzle to the authorities on how a bomb was able to be planted in the building at all, with all the security. Barely a few days later, a gas bomb exploded in Clearwater's apartment, and she escaped with a male companion, and was admitted into Harborview Medical Center. We'll have more on that tonight at eleven, now to our weatherman Jeff Renner. Jeff?" I shut the TV off and groaned, then felt a hand on my back.  I quickly turned around. 

"I'm so sorry Jill. Please, forgive me?" I gave her a hug and smiled at her. 

"Maria will want to see you, I should call her." She nodded, and I quickly dialed Maria's number. 

"Where the fuck have you been you idiota. Westley and I were so worried you little.." I listened patiently as she let loose a line of Spanish curses at me. 

"Are you quite finished?" I asked sweetly when she paused. I heard a 'bitch' on the line and sighed.

"Martin sent me to Vancouver, and I saw some clients there. That's all." That sounded pretty believable.

"Right, and Amy is running around naked. Wait, AMY! GET BACK HERE! WES, ANSWER THE PHONE!" I heard giggling and shrieking.

"Hey Jill, how are you? You had us all really worried, Amy was asking for you." I was glad Westley had a level head, unlike his wife.

"Can you guys come over now? Jennifer is back from Milan, and wants to see you and Maria. Amy too." I heard him ask Maria.

"Yeah sure, we'll be there in twenty. Bye." I smiled as I hung up the phone.  Jenny tapped me on the shoulder and pointed to the TV, which she had turned back on.

"My Jill has always loved the spotlight, and this is a thing I could sadly see her doing. She always needs attention, and that's why she probably staged that bomb." I froze as Jenny hit the 'live' button, bringing the new channel up to speed.

"I seriously don't believe that Jillian would do something like this Bob, I mean it's completely out of character. Besides, the police don't suspect her or anything." I waved my hands around.

"Turn it off." I signed quickly and the screen went black. I sat down in disbelief.

"Why?" Jenny frowned and looked confused. "Why would he do that to you?" She forcibly signed looking like she wanted to cry. I held her tight as she started to sob. 

A few minutes later, Maria came in with a sleeping Amy and a pissed looking Westley. 

"I'll kill him." He whispered. "He can't do this to you, he'll ruin your business." I had never seen such a sweet man look so angry. 

There was a knock on the door, and I answered it. Speak of the devil and he may appear. 

"Hello Jill." He got a slap to the face as an answer, and then I slammed the door. Maria held me as I shook with anger. 

I have never wished death on anyone before, but I did on this man. I imagined him choking on that piece of gum, and dying in the hallway.

When I opened the door, I screamed in terror.

There lay my father, Jack, his face blue, as he lay in a contorted position outside my door. 

Dead.

*Sorry about the super slow updates, I'm still grounded!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

204K 10.9K 65
Her hands shook violently as she dialed the 7 digits to call her big brother. Her heart was beating so loud, and fast in her mind. She was shaking ne...
21.3K 332 34
Adelaide meets her mate on the day she turns eighteen. However, she has a secret that no one knows about, not even her best friend. How long will she...
911 95 61
Jesus Christ, she is losing too much blood. We are losing her and the baby... ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ My eyes continued to open and close as the doctor tr...
1K 109 33
She stood there speechless watching the beads of blood dripping from the knife which she held in her hands...... He stood there speechless after he s...