Damon In The Night

Af Amaranth

The sequel to Evain In The Night - Evain, now closer to Damon, Lizzie and Elijah more than ever is still at r... Mere

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16

Chapter 1

2.6K 22 6
Af Amaranth

This is the sequel to Evain In The Night - I've now decided to include a youtube link as well.. This song was playing when I wrote Lizzie's bit.. So it fits best with that part of this chapter. 

Enjoy!!

__________________________________________________

Damon’s POV 

“Evain, please. It isn’t working.” I called out to Evain, but it was of no use. Since we had found my brother’s house, where a struggle had clearly happened, Evain had been sitting in her room refusing to eat. It had only been a couple of days, but she needed her strength, especially if we were to set out to find him. Not to mention the fact that Lizzie would shortly need a few sips of her precious blood. 

Evain was inconsolable, even my charm was wearing thin on her. She sat there on the bed, hugging her legs to her chest and stared at me as if I were mad. She was getting paler and it was worrying me. I wanted so much to just take her into my arms, show her that she just doesn’t need Elijah. She would be better with me. But it was the darker side of me that continuously overthrew my so called pleasant side. 

Every so often I was overwhelmed by it. I could feel it creeping up in me, everything seemed to become darker and my needs intensified. I couldn’t think straight. Every time it happened and Evain was around, it took every ounce of restraint to stop myself from taking her. My dark side and I had a mutual desire. Evain. 

Even now, I could see her sitting on the bed, looking fragile as most humans do, but I wanted her in so many different ways. I felt I stood more of a chance with Elijah currently out of the picture, but she was so withdrawn without him around. He clearly was the light in her life, I was merely temptation. Knowing that she would be happier with him drove me mad. And many times it had driven my dark side to the surface. 

As she studied me with her sparkling eyes full of unshed tears, I could feel the darkness boiling beneath my surface, ready to take over. 

“What’s not working?” She replied quietly. Her voice lacked emotion, she seemed… Empty. 

I clenched my jaw tightly, willing the darkness to remain undetectable until I was alone. I would not let it consume me and then Evain. She would hate me for it. “Sitting up here and refusing to eat. I’m sure if you let me feed you, you might be interested.” Charming her seemed the only way I could get anything across to her. But she was no longer interested in it; she just wanted her precious Elijah. 

He had cursed me for leaving her before, what he didn’t realise is that I had no choice. If I had stayed, she may not have survived. I had been too close to her, had too much of her. She thought I used her, but it wasn’t like that, she will never understand. But he thought I left her because I was selfish, what has he done? He had to run off leaving her upset and then he got taken. He separated himself from everyone and this is what happened. He brought it on himself and now it was destroying Evain. 

I let out a low growl as the darkness swam near the surface, threatening to expose itself. 

“Please just leave me alone.” She whispered softly. I could see she was fighting tears, but most of all, I could feel it. Her emotions cut through me sharply, and with my heightened emotions as a vampire, it was greatly intensified. 

I left the room immediately as the darkness came crashing down around me. I took off straight to my room, when really all I wanted to do was wrap my arms around Evain and make everything better. 

I shut myself in my room, forcing myself to stay away from Evain. Everything inside of me was urging me to go back there and make her mine all over again. I kept thinking back to when she trusted me, alone in my room that night before I left her. I could feel her soft skin against mine, how hot she felt against me. 

A knock at the door broke me out of my reverie. I could sense Lizzie was standing outside, a question playing on her mind. 

“Okay, come in if you must.” I wasn’t in the right state of mind to deal with any silly questions. “This better be important.” I warned as she glided into my room silently, closing the door behind her so Evain would not overhear anything. 

“She still won’t eat.” 

“I know.” 

Silence passed between us and seemed to drag on. She shifted her weight and ran her hands through her hair. “We need to find him.” She pressed when I wouldn’t say anything. 

“Don’t you think I know that?!” 

“Damon, don’t shout, if she hears it won’t help anything.” 

I took a deep breath and pushed how irritating she was aside. Putting it into perspective hurt. I wanted Evain to be happy. Elijah made her happy. He was missing and we needed to find him. Trouble was, where do we start? I was unconscious at the time, but Lizzie informed me that when everything happened with Evain and Ailyn, she had escaped but in a weakened state. Who could possibly have fought against Elijah and succeed in capturing him? It made no sense. 

“I’m sorry, it’s just very frustrating! I have no idea where he is, what am I supposed to tell Evain?” 

She smiled at me sympathetically, and I resisted the urge to chuck her out of my room. “You really care about her, don’t you?” 

I couldn’t answer her. I focused on a spot on the floor and didn’t avert my gaze. Out of the corner of my eye I saw her nod at me and leave the room. If she didn’t want to talk about her feelings towards Evain, I wasn’t going to discuss mine. 

Elijah’s POV

“Who are you?” I called out into darkness that surrounded me. All I was greeted with was the sound of my own voice, a mere echo. 

“You called?” A sweet voice came from the far side of the room. When I didn’t reply, the voice came again. “You thought my name, did you not?” 

“I… I thought of no name.” My throat was dry and my body was starting to crave Evain’s blood. I was getting to the stage of withdrawal; I think maybe a couple of days were all I had left. 

A laugh that chimed within the large room startled me. “My name is Echo, since you’re with us now, I am summoned whenever you think or say my name. It does indeed become weary, but it is what I am here to do.” 

I heard the flick of a switch and light slowly filled the room. “I’m sorry it’s so dim to begin with, we’re trying to save energy. They’re the only bulbs he will let me buy.” 

As my eyes adjusted to the sudden light, I saw a petite girl with straight blonde hair that passed her shoulders, a slight curl right at the end. She had startling brown eyes that seemed warm and welcoming whilst her lips were pouty and I could bet that they felt incredibly soft. Her skin took on a slight glow, making her seem surreal which sounded odd seeing as I was supposed to be a surreal character too. 

“What are you?” A question that just dropped off of the tip of my tongue without warning. 

She opened her mouth to respond but froze. Terror filled her eyes within a flash. “He’s coming.” 

“He? Who’s he?” 

Echo ignored me as she backed into a corner just as the door flew open. A tall man with jet black hair, looking the complete opposite of Echo burst into the room, his face contorted in rage. 

“You were talking to him? Did I say you could talk to him?” She shook her head, not meeting his gaze. I could see her trembling as he overpowered her. 

“I’m s-sorry. I d-didn’t mean to. B-but he thought my name a-and I was s-summoned straight away.” She was fighting back sobs and I felt a strong urge to comfort her. 

“Just don’t do it again. I know you’ve been sent to make sure I right my wrongs.” He rolled his eyes. “But frankly you can’t do anything right now; this is my business, stay out of it. Just wait back in your room; I shall summon you again later.” 

She bowed her head and left the room in a rush. He turned to me and scowled. “Why was she talking to you?” 

“I thought of an echo and then she just appeared, it wasn’t her fault.” 

“Shut up!” He spat. “I wasn’t asking you to defend her. Now, I need information on Damon.” 

I stared at him. “Damon?”

“Yes, do not act stupid when I know you’re not. Your brother! He wronged me in the past; in fact, it was his fault I’ve fallen.” Malice flickered in his eyes as a chill filled the room. 

I didn’t recall his face; it was one that would surely stick out in someone’s memory. “Fallen? I don’t understand. What did Damon do to you?”

He laughed darkly. “Can’t you tell? I’m a fallen angel.” 

Lizzie’s POV

Evain was still sitting in her room not talking or eating. Damon retreated to his room today and was doing the exact same thing. They didn’t have to be so depressed! It was just Elijah, I mean she has me and Damon, we’re enough for her. She should know that. 

Frustrated with the fact that no one was interacting with me, I made a quick decision to go outside, just briefly. I figured that I was pretty safe just outside the front door. I needed fresh air and the stars looked so pretty tonight. 

As I passed the window in Evain’s bedroom, I saw a glint of light coming from the middle of the maze. Without even considering the risk factors that might be involved if I went out there, I left the house in a hurry. 

I made my way through the maze clumsily, I wasn’t used to this maze like Elijah and Damon were, they had the experience from Ailyn. Using all my instincts, I struggled through and nearly tripped over someone sitting on the floor. 

My eyes widened in surprise as I recognised Echo curled up in a ball, tears flowing down her face. She was an angel, and I knew it sounded weird for a vampire to be on good terms with an angel, but we had history. Back when Damon and I were… I wouldn’t call it dating, but we were involved, we ran into a couple of angels. Running into angels isn’t a usual occurrence, but we were messing with the different types of beings, and that’s where the super immortals step in. The super immortals being the angels, us vampires are just immortals, and even then we can still be killed. It takes a lot to kill an angel. 

“Echo? What’s wrong?” Once our problem had been sorted out, Echo became a regular visitor of mine. She would drop by whenever Damon was out, she wasn’t a fan of him, apparently there was evil in him. I didn’t see it at the time, now I believe it. Whenever she was round it was like my life was lit up. I could see all the darkness that Damon was sucking me into and I used Echo as a way out of it. We were incredibly close friends. Whenever Echo was on earth, she would stay at mine. We would stay up all day talking until the sun went down. I had fallen in love with her presence around me. And one day she stopped coming to see me. 

She shook her heard hard. “No, I shouldn’t be here.” She got to her feet, she was much smaller than I was and I wanted to pull her into my arms. 

“No please, stay; I could really use a friend right now.” I went and hugged her. She stiffened in my arms, not returning the hug. Embarrassed, I let her go and looked at the floor. 

“I’m sorry, Lizzie, I shouldn’t be here. I just… I didn’t know where else to go. I always knew how to find you. I’m in trouble.” She met my gaze; tears were in her beautiful brown eyes. 

“I can help; just tell me what’s wrong. We’re in trouble too, we’re looking for someone.” I smiled at her but she just looked at me with sorrow in her eyes, she looked guilty. “What happened?” 

“I can’t do this.” 

“No, you have to stay and explain.” 

“I don’t have a choice, Liz, I have to go back to him.” 

“Wait, go back to who?” She blinked and a fresh tear rolled down her cheek. I went to wipe it away. 

“Please Liz, don’t.” She backed away from me sharply. 

“I don’t know what I’ve done to you, but I’m sorry.” The back of my throat burned as tears welled in my eyes. She was a close friend of mine and now I couldn’t even hug her. 

“You haven’t done anything; it’s what you’ve made me want to do.” She looked at me, willing me to understand. I could only stare at her, I was so confused. “Don’t you understand?” I shook my head slowly. 

“I’m sorry.” 

“No, I am.” She walked up to me and pressed her lips against mine. Her hand snaked round my waist and stayed on my back whilst the other went to the back of my head. Her lips were so soft, she tasted incredibly sweet, and I imagined it was her tears. Within seconds she had stopped. As she stepped away I felt empty. The shining moment that was there when she kissed me, vanished immediately. I didn’t even get to kiss her back.

“Echo I… I had no idea.” 

“It’s why I stopped seeing you. It could have made me fall… Turns out that wouldn’t have been so bad, not compared to what I’m stuck with now.” She muttered, sounding darker than she ever had. 

“Echo, what’s going on? Why did you come back here?” I asked cautiously, I could just feel something bad was coming. 

“I know where Elijah is.” She announced quietly, before looking like she wished she could take it back. 

I gasped. “Where? Echo you have to tell me where.” I grasped her arms. 

She shook her head. “I’m sorry, I can’t.” Tears welled in her eyes. “No, no, no, he’s calling me again.” She clutched at her head, like she had a migraine. 

“Who? Who’s calling you again?” Echo’s form started to fade. “Echo? No! Echo just tell me!” 

“I’ll come back, I promise.” Her words hung in the silence around me. I stared at the spot where she had disappeared from. For a few minutes I wasn’t thinking of Evain, it felt good. I turned and ran straight to Damon, he needed to know who was back in town. 

Damon’s POV

It had been a couple of hours, and I felt the dark side of me was finally contained. I got up off my bed slowly and moved to the door, I needed to see Evain again. I don’t care if she won’t talk to me, I just needed to see her, know that she was there. It was almost painful having her so close, yet so far away from me. 

I shook my head and opened my door and came face to face with Lizzie who looked slightly flushed, her cheeks were practically the same colour as her hair. “Ah Lizzie, and what have you done now?” I narrowed my eyes at her. 

“You’ll never guess who I just ran into!” She gushed, breathlessly. 

My first thoughts went straight to Elijah, why else would she be so excited. But then I realised that I would see him with her and Evain’s mood would have lightened. It hadn’t, therefore it wasn’t Elijah. 

“I don’t know, who did you run into? And where did you run into someone? Don’t tell me you went outside without telling me!” She looked away shamefully as I threw a punch at the wall next to me. She was acting carelessly, not thinking of others, just like Elijah had done. 

“I just needed to get out! You two were being so moody and secluded. I had nothing to do.” She protested.

I rolled my eyes, annoyance flowing through me and throbbing at my temples. “Well then? Who was it?” 

“Echo.” 

I turned and went to sit down on my bed. “What’s she doing back here?” Echo and I weren’t on very good terms. At the time where we met her and Thunder, Lizzie and I were together and we were getting into a lot of trouble with the spiritual world. We were sceptics and they didn’t appreciate it. Thunder and Echo were sent to us to sort us out, it was their job. So, Echo went after Lizzie and I was stuck with Thunder. He was a tall, arrogant angel who thought he was in charge of everyone. He had a dark side that I could see in him, but no one else could see it. Eventually after many nights of rejection from Lizzie who was too busy with Echo, I provoked Thunder to the point where he revealed his dark side. He was instantly fallen from the super immortals. Doomed to spend life with humans on earth. A punishment to anyone who had ever experienced the magnificent life that the super immortals led. 

If Echo was back, it meant Thunder was back. The last I had heard, Thunder was after me. Revenge was his goal. I had caused him to fall from the super immortals, he blamed me. If anything, he was the one who had taken Elijah in the hope that he would get answers of my whereabouts. Too bad he didn’t think to look in the mansion not far from Elijah’s house. 

“Great, we have to deal with him.” I muttered causing Lizzie to look at me weirdly. 

“Oh.” She said after realising what I meant. “I forgot about Thunder. Maybe that’s who she was talking about.” 

I looked at her, gesturing at her to continue. “Well she kept saying that she had to go back to him, she wouldn’t say who he was but she had to go back to him. And then at the end after we…” I looked at her curiously as she blushed. “She kissed me… Anyway, afterwards she said he was calling her and she seemed to get a migraine and then she just faded away.” 

I raised my eyebrows at her, she was moving on from Evain pretty quickly, good for her. “Well, did she say where Elijah was?” 

“How did you know that she knows where he is?” She stared at me, her mouth open. 

“I just worked it out, does it matter? Where is he?” 

She shrugged. “I don’t know, she said she can’t do this and she had to go… Or was it something else she couldn’t do… I don’t remember, but either way, she didn’t tell me. But she said she was coming back, she promised.” 

I looked at Lizzie and I felt sorry for her, it wasn’t the first time that Echo had promised to return to her and failed to do so. “Lizzie…” 

“No, don’t even bring that up again.” She turned on her heels and left the room. 

I shook my head and sighed, everything was just so messy. I wish I had never found Evain on the street now. As I thought that, an image of Evain smiling at me, lust in her eyes found its way into my head. I immediately regretted wishing that. She was a part of me now, and there was nothing I could do about it. 

I crept out to her room to see how she was doing. She was curled up on her side fast asleep. Her eyelashes casting long shadows across her face and her body rising and falling slowly in time with her breathing. I moved towards her quietly and knelt beside her. As I breathed in, her scent filled my body, warming me ever so slightly. I brushed my lips against her slightly parted lips and felt a small jolt of electricity pass through me. It was becoming incredibly difficult to be around her. 

_____________________________

Yes there are additions and more twists.. I'm hoping it will all come together soon!

Vote and comment if you enjoyed it :)  

Twitter in external link! 

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

25.8K 1K 29
Bonnie and Damon are back from the other side and it was a good thing that Bonnie wasn't expecting a smooth transition because they certainly aren't...
25.8K 763 27
After rescuing the love of her life, Damon Salvatore, Bella Swan is now left with her uncontrollable blood lust to being a vampire. While new chapte...
51.1K 1.2K 12
Sequel to Eliza Cullen. Eliza Cullen now has a better control of her abilities as well as her thirst. She can tolerate Bella Swan's scent as well, h...
107K 913 18
Evain's just a normal 17 year old girl who happens to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Captured by Damon, a dark, broody vampire, she's immer...