Against All Odds

By Dijah_Love

THE NEW GENERATION IS FINALLY HERE: Aliyah Alsina, daughter of the once infamous August Alsina. At eighteen y... More

FULL CAST
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32 (PART 1)
Chapter 32 (PART 2)
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73 (PART 1)
Chapter 74 (PART 2)
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Description
Against All Odds INTRO
Chapter 56

Chapter 38

65.8K 2.1K 5.6K
By Dijah_Love

Amara P.O.V.

"Im leaving mama." I pulled my car keys out of my purse as I walked into mama's bedroom.

"Where you going?" I sighed. "The party Daddy's throwing for that Miranda lady, remember." She slightly cleared her throat, nodding her head.

"Oh right, Miranda....Okay, drive safe baby." She walked over to me and gave me a quick hug.

"Do I really have to go to this mama? I honestly don't care about this lady's birthday." She slightly chuckled.

"I don't know why, but your father wants the whole family there, and your his family, so yes you have to go."

"Your his family too." I started. "Why don't you come with me?" She frowned, shaking her head. "No baby, I don't think Im invitied to my ex's new girlfriend's brithday party, I pass."

I sighed. "She probably won't even be just the girlfriend after today." Mama frowned. "Why you say that."

"I have a strong feeling he's gunna propose to her, that's why he wants the whole family there." I folded my arms across my chest and rolled my eyes.

Mama paused for a second, before forcing a small smile on her face. "Oh right...that...I forgot about all that." She said, mumbiling the last part.

"Yeah, now I have to stand there and be around everybody who's gunna be all happy and congratulating her, when I honestly don't care about her birthday or this might-be proposal."

She sighed. "I understand how you feel baby, but you still have to go....and make sure you keep your ears open...especially around Miranda." She fixed my hair as I frowned.

"Why?"

"You know, just to make sure her intentions are right....if your father really does propse today." I lifted a brow, feeling as if she was lying to me, but I let it go.

"....Okay...I will.....bye mama." I stepped out of her room, making my way down the hall

"Bye, tell Alicia and Mike hi for me."

I froze dead in my tracks once I heard Mike's name. I had completely forgot about him and that fact that Alicia most likely would be bringing him, since he's technically in the family now.

I sighed, continuing to walk downstairs to the door.

Maybe seeing him would actually be a good thing, since I needed to talk to him anyways. And with all the people who will be there, it won't be hard getting him alone so I could tell him I was pregnant.

Even though I was nervous as hell about telling him, I wanted to tell him first since he's the person I think I was sleeping with the most.

There was times when I had slept with him, then slept with Tyson later that week or the day after, but mostly Mike and I had been together.

I pulled open the front door and locked it, making my way over to the car.

Marcus P.O.V.

"Okay, your return is all finished, thank you for shopping at Jamie's Boutique." I took my money from the girl, feeling satisfied I had gotten my money back.

"I still can't believe you spent that much money on some damn earrings." I ignored Chris' comment, as I stuffed my cash down in my pocket.

"125 dollars? On a female you ain't even with, and never let you hit?? Nah, I could never." I pushed the front door to the store open and stepped outside.

"125 ain't even that much, I swear yo ass be over exaggerating." I unlocked my truck and slid into the driver seat, while Will got in the passenger seat and Chris got in the back.

"It is to broke nigga's like us, you know all the shit you could have got with that." I sighed, starting up the car.

"You actin like I just didn't get the money back, chill the fuck out." Will laughed.

"Aye Chill Marcus, you know Chris ain't never brought a female nothing before, shit ion even think he's taken one out on a date."

Chris sucked his teeth. "Man shutup, that's because I ain't met the right one yet." I shook my head.

"You lying, what about that one female that you was messin with last year? The one that could bake."

He smirked, rubbing his hands together. "Ohh, Sasha? Mmm, she was to goddie goodie for me."

Will shook his head. "She could bake her ass off though, shit I miss them cupcakes she used to makin for us."

I nodded my head in agreement. "Hell yeah, you a dumb ass for fuckin that up, we could of been gettin free deserts this whole damn time."

Chris fanned us off. "Whatever, she was too good for me, I needed me a bad one, like that girl Amara." He slap Will in the shoulder and laughed.

"Man, fuck that bitch." He slightly mumbled, sinking down in his seat.

"What she said to you again?" Chris asked in a laugh. "I gotta give her her props, he handled you like a bitch."

Will sucked his teeth. "Man fuck her, she just a hoe anyways, Im glad I ain't messup what I got goin on with Brittany for her."

"Like you had a choice." Chris laughed. "She ain't want you anyways, over here talking like you had a shot."

I slightly chuckled, shaking my head. My phone rang, causing me to quickly look down. I slowly eased up to the red light and grabbed it, once I seen Ashley's name across my screen.

"Who is it?" Chris asked, leaning up towards the front seats.

"Ashley."

"Ohhhh Hey Ashley girl."

I motioned for him to be quiet as I answered the phone.

ME: "Hello?"

ASHLEY: "Hey, what you doing?"

ME: "Nothin, Im with my boys, driving back home, wassup?"

ASHLEY: "I was just calling to see if we were still meeting up at my place later."

ME: "Yeah of course, I got a test tommorow, so I definetely need to study."

She chuckled.

ASHLEY: "Alright, I'll text you my address."

ME: "Ight."

I hung up the phone, dropping it in my lap.

"What she said?" Chris asked, leaning up agaisnt my seat.

I sucked my teeth. "Nothing, she was just reminding me to come over later for tutoring."

"Uh huh, tutoring right." I shook my head. "It's really just tutoring, y'all minds stay on the wrong shit."

Chris laughed. "You can't blame us, this was the same chick that you almost smashed, if Aliyah was banging on your door."

Will laughed. "Im suprised you still messin with the girl, since you tryna get Aliyah back and all." I sucked my teeth again.

"Here y'all go, I was never trying to get her back, I was apologizing to her, damn."

Will looked and Chris and shook his head. "Still in denial, he one hard-headed ass nigga I swear."

I took off from the light, ignoring them.

"I tried to apologize to her, she ain't wanna hear it, so it's cool, I'm done with that."

"And what that mean?" Will asked, leaning back into his seat.

"It means Im cool off of Aliyah, she ain't wanna accept my apology, then cool, Ima drop it, and stop trippin over it and just continue what I was doin the first time, doin me."

"And what about your conscious?" Chris asked in a girly voice.

"It's clear, I was only apologizing cause I felt bad, not because I did somethin wrong, so Im good."

He nodded his head as if he was impressed. "Ight, that's my nigga, back in full effect!"

Aliyah P.O.V.

I pulled my car keys outta my purse, and fixed my hair in the mirror, before stepping out of my room.

I walked down the hallway going towards the stairs, when I heard mama's voice coming from one of the bedrooms.

"Aliyah."

I slightly frowned, back tracking in my steps and stopped infront of the guest room that was a few doors down from my bedroom.

I seen mama sitting on the edge of the bed, looking through a book.

"Come here for a second baby." I softly sighed, walking into the room, sitting down beside her.

She moved the book she was looking at in between the two of us, so I could see. "Pick out two girl colors, and two boy colors, I couldn't decide."

I sighed, looking down at the book of color swatches she was staring at.

"....Pink and Purple for a girl, and Blue and White for a boy." She smiled. "Eveybody does pink and purple for girls, I was thinking what if I did pink, grey and white, that would be cute right??" She stood up from the bed, holding her book up agaisnt the wall.

"...Yeah mama, that would be cute." She squealed a little. "And if Im having a boy, I was thinking about doing dark blue, white and lime green."

I nodded my head in agreement, just so she could let me go. "Yeah that would be nice too."

She took a deep breath, turning to me. "Okay, I won't hold you up anymore, thank you." I stood up from the bed and was just about to walk out, when she spoke again.

"Where you going?" She flipped to the next set of colors, and held them up to the wall.

"...Im meeting a friend at the park."

"What friend? Amara? Marissa?" I sighed. "...Cordarius."

She quickly looked up from her book and lifted a brow. "That boy that came by the other day?" I nodded my head yes.

"Yeah, him."

"...You guys have been hanging out alot, how many times are you gunna go to the park?" I slightly rolled my eyes.

"That's what friends do mama, they hang out." She nodded slowly. "I know that, but it seem like you've been "hanging" out with him alot lately, when was the last time you and Amara hung out? She hasn't been over here in weeks."

I shrugged. "I don't know, Amara's been doing her own thing lately, so Marissa and I been doing the same." She frowned.

"Is something going on between you three?" I shook my head. "No, nothing's going on."

"You sure? Stasia told me that she didn't come to AJ's birthday party a few weeks ago, I found it kind of strange and I was meaning to ask you if something happened between you guys, but I got caught up in all this baby news."

I looked away, slightly rolling my eyes again. "I don't know why she didn't come, she's barely said a word to Marissa and I in weeks, and everytime we've tried to talk to her, she's been stand-offish, so I just left her alone."

Her frown deepend. "Stasia told me she was going through something, that's why I asked you to be there for her, to make sure she was okay."

"And I did that." I started. "But she obviously didn't want me to be there for her, so I backed off, Im not gunna keep chasing after someone who obviously doesn't want my company."

Mama nodded slowly, taking a deep breath. "I understand....Im gunna talk t Stasia and see if everything's good with her."

I folded my arms across my chest and nodded.

"Alright....you be careful okay? And It's Sunday, meaning you need to be home before 10."

I sighed. "Alright..bye."

Amara P.O.V.

I stepped out of my car, sighing once I seen how packed it was at daddy's house. I seen some familar faces, since most of my family was here, but I also seen alot unfamilar faces, which I assumed had to be Miranda's family, since daddy is fully white.

I grabbed my shades out of my bag and pushed them up on my face, not in the mood for this at all. Hopefully I could make it inside and say hi to daddy and then hide for the rest of the night.

I didn't even wanna say happy birthday to Miranda, because I didn't care. I tucked my bag under my arm and walked up the driveway, trying to stay as unoticeable as possible.

I made my way through the groups of people, trying to walk as fast as I could to the front door, but I cringed once I heard someone call my name.

"Amara? Is that you? Oh my, I haven't seen you since you were a little girl." I sighed, placing a fake smile on my face before turning around.

"Aunt Katherine, how you been?" She pulled me into tight hug, rocking me back and forth.

"I've been good baby, but most importantly, how have you been?? I haven't seen you in so long, look at how big you gotten!" I slightly chuckled. "You look radiant baby, your glowing!!"

I let out another small chuckle. "You don't look bad yourself Auntee."

"Well thank you." She said with a smile. "Where's your mom? Is she around here somewhere?" She asked, looking around me.

"Oh, no....she didn't think it would be appropriate if she came." Auntee Katherine nodded.

"Right, right, how silly of me to ask that, well give her a big hug for me, and tell her to give me a call." I nodded. "I will."

"Alright, well you go on inside, Im going to get me a drink."

I smirked, turning back around, continiuing my walk to the front door. I grabbed on the door handle and pushed the door open, stepping inside the house.

Thank god music was playing so nobody could hear me coming through the door.

I sofltly closed the door behind me and turned around to see Olivia coming down the stairs.

I sighed, not in the mood to talk to her. She looked up from her cell phone and slightly smiled once she seen me.

"Oh hey, you finally made it." I sat my shades on the top of my head and nodded. "Yeah...here I am...where's my daddy?"

"I think he's in his office, on the phone."

I nodded. "Thanks." I stepped around her and was about to walk off, when she called me back.

"Amara." I turned around of my heels, just wanting to get away from her.

".....I don't know if you had heard yet......but Tyson and I broke up...well he broke up with me."

I cleared my throat. "Really?? I didn't know that." She nodded. "Yeah....um I've been dealing with it by myself for awhile now, but it would be nice to have someone to talk to about it."

I frowned. "....You wanna talk to me about your breakup with Tyson??" She nodded. "Yeah, that's what girls do, talk about the loser guys that done them wrong. And Ty is definetely a loser."

I clenched my jaw together and slowly released it. I wasn't liking the way she talked about Ty, especially now that that's my man, but I couldn't get upset since I was trying to keep him a secret right now.

"....Well we can talk later..if you want too." She slightly nodded, smiling. "Yeah, I would like that."

I turned back around making my way across the house to daddy's office. I knocked twice on the door and waited for him to speak.

"Come in!" I pushed open the doors, revealing my self to him. He looked up at me and smiled and waved before continuing talking to whoever was on the phone.

"I said red velvet." He said in a sigh. "She doesn't eat vanilla or chocolate cake, that's why I ordered red velvet." He shook his head, resting in on his hand.

"I don't care how you get it done, but I better have a red velvet cake here in two hours, or it's y'all jobs."

He hung up the phone taking a deep breath. "Hey babygirl."

I paused for a second. "Hey...is everything good?' He nodded, standing up from his seat.

"Yeah, that was just a little missunderstanding I was having with the caterer's, they're late for one, and then they made the wrong damn cake." I nodded, folding my arms across my chest

"So you threatned their jobs over cake? Is it that serious daddy??" He chuckled.

"Maybe not, but I just want everything to go smoothly today, it's really important to me."

"Im sure it is." I mumbled.

"I know last time we talked, you weren't to on board about me proposing to Miranda." I sighed, slightly rolling my eyes.

"And I probably shouldn't even ask you this again, but I really need my princess' blessing on this one, that's why I wanted you here, I need to know you support my decison."

I could see the sincerity in his eyes, which made me hate this anymore. Even though I didn't want daddy to get married to her, I knew that I couldn't keep standing in the way of his happiness.

I took a deep breath and nodded my head. "...Yeah....go ahead....you have my blessing." Daddy smiled, pulling me into him.

"Thank you baby, that's all I neeeded to hear." He kissed my forehead and looked down at me. "You look nice, I like your dress."

I looked down at the dress I had on and smiled. "Thanks." He let go of me and dropped his phone in his pocket.

"Have you been out to the party yet?" I shook my head. "No, there were some people scattered around outside when I first pulled up, but I haven't been out back yet."

"Good." I slightly frowned, wondering what he meant by that. "Miranda's family is here, and I wanted to introduce you to everyone properly." I slightly smiled.

"You ready to go?" I nodded my head, as he pushed the doors open.

Aliyah P.O.V.

I parked my car in the park's parking lot, where Cordarius wanted me to meet him at.

After our talk at the shop yesterday, he asked me to meet up with him so we can hang out, as friends.

I dropped my keys in the purse and walked to the swing set where he said he would be at.

I could see him sitting on one of the swings, staring down at his phone. I took a deep breath, trying to calm down the butterflies that were in my stomach.

I walked up to him, tapping him on the shoulder. He looked up from his phone and smiled once he seen me.

"Hey Li."

"Hey."

He stood up, giving me a hug.

I sat down in the swing beside him, waiting for him to start talking.

"Im glad you came."

"Why wouldn't I? We're friends, right?" He chuckled. "Yeah, but I didn't want things to be awkward between us, since this would be the first real time we hung out since...the kiss."

I nodded slowly.

"Well, it'll only be awkward if we make it akward."

"You right, I was just makin sure you wasn't gon feel no type of way, since you basically admitted that you liked my kisses." I rolled my eyes.

"I said I like that one kiss, your being extra right now." He chuckled. "Well you would like em all if I ever get another chance to kiss you."

I could feel a smile forming on my lips, but I fought it back. "You got lucky with tht first kiss, I normally don't kiss dudes Im not dating."

He nodded. "Your the one that's not lookin for a relationship though." I smirked. "Which you agreed too."

He chuckled. "Only because that's what you want." I lifted a brow. "...So if I wanted a relationship, you would be down with that?" He slowly nodded.

"I specifically remember tellin you at the beach that I would drop all my hoes for you, I guess you thought I was playing."

"Oh, so you got hoes?"

He chuckled, taking a seat in the swing beside me. "Im not gon lie, I do got hoes, every nigga got hoes, but they aint nobody special....not like you."

I softly smiled. "So if that's what you wanted, we could do that, but Im cool with this too."

"Well you won't be getting anymore kisses from me without a title, and since Im not trying to be in a relationship, you already know what that means."

He laughed, shaking his head. "What's so funny?" I asked, with a smirk.

"You." He started. "Y'all females are so funny." I lifted a brow, wondering what he meant by that.

"And how are we so funny?"

"Y'all be so caught up on titles, when titles don't really mean shit no more." I frowned, waiting for him to continue.

"Y'all be caring more about the title than the actual relationship, you can have something good going with someone, but y'all always need a title to make it official in y'alls head."

He shook his head.

"I just think that whole "title" thing is bullshit, if I fuck with you, I fuck with you, If I don't then I don't, and if it gets to that point to where I wanna wife you up, then cool, I'll put a title on it, but alot of y'all be fuckin it up before it can even get to that point, always needing to know "what are we" and shit. Im feelin you and you feelin me, and that's that."

I slightly chucked, seeing his point. "Okay, I get what you mean, but that's just how we protect ourselves from looking stupid out in the streets to everybody else, if you can't really claim the person your dealing with, then what are you doing?"

"Living life." He simple stated. "Y'all be needing a title to let other girls know wassup, just tell them bitches to stay outta your business, and stop worryin about you and whoever your dealing with, cause it ain't none of their concern."

I slowly nodded my head. "I get it."

"So." He started.

"If you wanna kiss me, or if I wanna kiss you, then we should just do that, and stop thinkin about all the extra shit, just live in the moment." I slightly smirked, nodding.

"Okay."

I looked down at his lips, before leaning into them. Once he realized what I was doing, he lifted up my chin, placing his lips on mine.

Once he pulled away from me, I smiled.

"Them soft ass lips girl."

I slightly chuckled, shaking my head.

"Let's go get icecream, and take a walk." He nodded.

"Ight, cool."

Amara P.O.V.

"And this is my daughter Amara." I forced a smile on my face, as I shook another one of Miranda's family members hands.

"Oh, your so beautiful, how are you?"

"Thank you, Im fine, and you?"

"Im great, Im Miranda's grandmother by the way, you can call me grandma Martha."

I nodded. "Well it's nice to meet you."

"Im going to get somethin to drink, you want something baby?" Daddy asked, turning to me.

"Yeah sure."

He nodded, walking off.

I turned back around and smiled once I seen Miranda's grandmother sitll smiling at me.

"You know." She started. "Miranda has told me alot about you, she really adores you."

"Really?" I asked, trying to keep a smile on my face, since I was actually suprised.

"Mhm." She said, nodding her head. "She said that you were a sweet girl, and she's glad Olivia has a sister now."

"Ohh." I said under my breath. "....That was sweet of her."

"And here she is, speak of the devil." I felt someone's hand on my shoulder, causing me to turn around.

Miranda smiled at me, pulling me into a hug. "Hey Amara, I haven't seen you in awhile, thank you for coming."

I didn't really want to hug her back, but I wasn't trying to start anything with her grandma standing there, so I wrapped my arms around her, hugging her back.

"Yeah I know,it's been a few weeks." She let go of me, and held onto my hands. "You look pretty, I love the white dress."

"Thanks.....happy birthday by the way." She nodded. "Thank you....is your mom here?"I slightly frowned, shaking my head.

"Uh no....she didn't think it would be appropriate if she came." Her face fell into a soft frown.

"Oh....well she could have came, I definetely didn't mind, she's apart of the family like everyone else." She smiled, letting go of my hands.

"Here you go babygirl." Daddy walked back up to us, handing me my drink.

He placed his arm over Miranda's shoulder and pulled her into him. "Is everybody acquainted now?"

Miranda chuckled and nodded her head. "I think so."

I took a sip from my drink, ready to move away from them, when I heard Alicia's voice behind me.

"Uncle Rich." I looked over my shoulder to see her coming up to us, holding onto Mike's hand.

I slightly cleared my throat and stepped to the side sos they could get to daddy.

"Alicia, you made it." He took his arm from around Miranda and pulled Alicia into a hug. "Of course, you know I wouldn't have missed this for the world."

She let him go, and took her original place by Mike. "Wassup Michael?" Daddy asked, holding out his hand so he could give him dap.

"Not much, just chillin." He nodded and looked at Miranda, who was obviously waiting to be introduced.

"Miranda, this is my niece Alicia, and her boyfriend Michael."

Miranda held out her hand for Alicia to shake. "It's nice to meet you, thank you for coming." Alicia grabbed her hand, shaking it.

"You too, happy birthday by the way." "Thank you."

Mike held out his hand and Miranda shook it. "Nice to meet you, you can call me Mike, everybody calls me Mike." She smiled. "Got it."

"Hey cuzzo." I smiled, giving Alicia a half hug. "Hey."

I looked over at Mike, who was already looking at me. "Hey Mike."

"Hey." He quickly looked me up and down before placing his eyes back on Alicia. I was actually pretty nervous to see him, since I knew I had to talk to him about me being pregnant. I took another sip from my drink and looked in the opposite direction.

"Well." Miranda started. "Since I think everyone is here, dinner's gunna start in a few minutes, so I think everybody should start getting seated at the tables."

Daddy nodded his head in agreement. "Yeah, let's all get seated, I'll go tell everybody else, y'all just go find yourself a seat." He said, walking off towards the inside of the house.

Miranda grabbed her grandma's hand and helped her across the decorated backyard, to the the long white dinner tables.

"I gotta run to the bathroom, baby hold my purse." Alicia said, giving Mike her bag. "I'll be right back y'all, go find us a seat before everyone fills up all the tables."

She flipped her hair over her shoulder, before walking off towards the house.

I kept my eyes in the opposite direction, not really wanting to look at Mike, but I could feel his eyes on me.

"You look good as hell." I slowly turned to him, and let out a small smile. "...Thanks...you don't look bad either." He smirked.

"I haven't heard from you in awhile, how you feelin?" I slightly frowned. "What??"

"...Last time we talked, you said you were sick, I guess your better now?" He motioned to my appearence, waiting for me to speak.

"....Yeah....something like that." He frowned. "You good? Why you actin all scared to talk to me?" I shook my head. "Im not."

He smiled. "It seems like you are."

"Well Im not." I restated.

He looked over his shoulder, to make sure the coast was clear before stepping a little closer to me.

"You wanna do something fun?" I frowned. "Like what?" He rubbed chin before speaking.

"When everybody sits down at the table, Ima excuse myself to go to the bathroom, and then you can wait a few minutes and get up from the table and meet me at my car."

I sighed. "No thank you." He chuckled. "Forreal? Your ususally down for whatever, what caused the change of heart?" He folded his arms across his chest with a smirk on his face.

"I have a boyfriend now." He chuckled again. "Okay? And I have a girlfriend, why we talkin bout or statuses?" I shook my head.

"I have a boyfriend...that I want to be faithful to, so I can't." He slightly frowned. "You can still have yo little boyfriend, he ain't gotta know what we do, come on Mar, I know you wanna fuck me as much as I wanna fuck you, I missed your body."

He swiped his hand across my hand really quick, so no one could see.

"I already said no." I said, stepping back from him. "But." I started. "I do need some private time with you though." He smirk turned into a smile.

"You do?"

"Yeah....I need to talk to you about something." He nodded. "Okay, we'll keep the same plan, meet me at my car and we can talk."

I lifted a brow. "You know Im smarter than that. This isn't anything sexual Mike, I really need to talk to you, it's important." He sighed.

"I know, I gotta tell you something anyways, so let's just get a seat before Alicia comes back." I nodded, walking over to one of the dinner tables.

Marcus P.O.V.

"Soooooo, you've been really quiet." I looked up from my book at Ashley. "That's because I was reading."

She chuckled, closing her textbook, and then closing mine.

"You never told me what happened with you and your ex, did she forgive you?" I sighed, leaning back into her couch.

"Nah, she didn't."

She sat up a little, shocked at what I just said. "She didn't? Why not?"

I shrugged. "Ion know, I guess she's still mad at what she saw, but I did my part by apologizing twice, so ima just let it go now."

She nodded slowly, folding her arms across her chest. "...So are you over her??"

I cleared my throat, unsure how to answer her. "I mean...I still like her or whatever, but for the most part yeah, I think I am."

She smirked. "That's good."

"Is it?" I asked, moving closer to her. "Mhmm, I was just trying to make sure I wasn't the rebound of anything."

I laughed, shaking my head. "Of course not ma." She smiled.

"So what do you look for in a girl?"

I frowned a little, taken back by her question. "What do I look for?" She nodded. "Yeah, like what do you like?"

I scratched my chin, thinking. "Just the simple shit I guess." I started. "She gotta be honest, loyal, trustworthy, and she gotta know how to deal with me and hold me down."

She smirked. "Deal with you? You make it seem like your a handful." I shrugged. "At times I guess I can be."

"Good to know." I nodded.

"And what else? Is that all you look for?"

I sighed. "She gotta be fine of course, but I like a girl who's smart, ion mean like a brainiac, but can't be no dumb bitch either." She chuckled.

"Funny, down to earth, and most importantly, she gotta know how to keep her legs closed, ion date hoes, I only smash them."

She laughed, nodding her head. "Okay, you made some good points."

I smirked. "I know.....but why you wanted to know? You think you got some of those qualities?"

"I think I do." She scooted closer to me, making sure her titties sat up in my face.

I sat up a little, staring down into her shirt. "And I could show you that I do."

I nodded my head, looking up from her chest. "But first." She started.

"I gotta make a phone, so call I'll be right back."

"Ight." I leaned back, getting comfortable on her couch as she stepped around me, pulling her phone out of her pocket.

Amara P.O.V.

"I just want to thank everyone for coming out today in celebration of my birthday, I really appreciate all of you."

I leaned back into my seat, wishing Miranda woulld hurry this speech up. Not only was I already annoyed by being here, I was hungry as hell, and I just wanted to eat.

"And lastly, I want to thank Rich, for putting this all together, and suprising me last night all my early birthday gifts, I love you baby."

I slightly rolled my eyes, when I seen her lean over and kiss daddy. I glanced across the table at Olivia, who was smiling and clapping, always happy as usual.

"I hope we all have a good time this evening, so thank you once again, and now it's time to eat!" She held her champagne glass in the air and smiled.

I sat up in my seat when I seen the server's coming out of the house, rolling carts of food out. I patted my growling stomach, wishing they would hurry up and bring everything out.

Once the last cart was rolled out, everyone stood up from their seats with their plates in their hands.

I scooted my chair out and grab my plate, walking over to the first cart.

I pulled the top off the first pot, instantly making my mouth water. I grabbed the spoon that was sitting inside of it, scooping up some rice and beans on my plate.

"Damn, you must be hungry huh?" I sighed a little, knowing exactly whos' voice that was behind me.

I looked over my shoulder to see Mike standing there with his plate.

"You gon save some for everybody else?" He smirked, taking the spoon out of my hands.

I looked around, making sure Alicia was no where in sight. "You don't ever stop, do you?"

He chuckled, nodding.

"I do, but you been actin so weird around me, Im just tryna loosen you up....in more ways than one."

I rolled my eyes, moving to the next cart, but he followed me.

"Forreal, what's up with you? Why you being so serious today?" I looked up at him, before quickly looking back down at the food.

"Like I said, we have to talk." I put some more food on my plate as he did the same, nodding his head.

"Well just tell me what it's about, because I don't like you like this, all nervous and weird and shit."

"Im not nervous."

"Well then what are you? Because you ain't actin like the Amara I know."

I opened my mouth to speak, but stopped once I seen Alicia making her way over to us.

I cleared my throat, and continued putting some more food on my plate.

"What's over here?" She asked, walking up with her plate. "Uncle Rich really went all out for his lady's birthday, it's like the golden corral times ten in here."

I slightly chuckled. "Yeah....he's outdone himself." She stepped between Mike an I, scooping some green beans up on her plate.

"Okay, I think Im done, Im not tryna be to full, since Im gunna have that belly soon. She patted her stomach and smiled.

I frowned a little, looking down at her stomach, wondering what she was talking about. All of a sudden, it clicked.

"Oh my god." I mumbled. "Are you pregnant??" I asked in a whisper. She shushed me and nodded her head.

"Yes, I was planning on telling you later in private, but I couldn't hold it in!" I forced a small smile on my face.

"Don't tell Uncle Rich yet, Im gunna let his girl have her day." I nodded. "Okay....congratulations." She smiled widely, pulling me into a hug with her free hand.

"Thanks Mara, we can talk about all the details after the party, I know I should have told you on the phone the other day, but I wanted to tell you in person. " I nodded.

"Baby, can you get me a drink once you finished getting your food? Im ready to sit down." Mike nodded his head, slightly smiling. "Yeah, I got you."

She kissed him on the cheek, and walked away, leaving the two of us alone.

I turned towards the cart, so my back was facing the dinner tables. "She's pregnant forreal???"

He sighed, nodding his head. "Yeah, that's what I was gunna tell you when he talked later." I scoffed in disbelief.

"How far along is she?" He shrugged. "Ion know, maybe a month and a half."

I scoffed again. "And you been knowing this, this whole time??" He sighed.

"She just found out the last day we spoke on the phone, when she got home that night, she told me. We haven't talked since then, so I just told myselfth next time we talked I was gunna tell you....I just didn't know it would be here, right now."

I shook my head, in total shock of all of this.

"But you knew, and your still trying to fuck me, knowing she's pregnant, that's really low of you." I shook my head, walking back over to the dinner table.

***********

"Can I have everybody's attention please?" I sighed, as daddy stood up from his seat, looking as if he was about to announce something.

"The cake will be brought out in a few minutes, and then after that, Miranda's gunna open up the gifts you brought her here at the table, and for the rest of the night the bar will be open so we can kick back and relax."

"Did you get the gift out the car?? I heard Alicia whisper to Mike. "No, I thought you had grabbed it before we came inside.

She sighed. "Give me the keys, I'll run to the car and get it before the cake comes out." He reached down into his pocket and pulled out his keys.

"I can run to the car if you want me to baby." I rolled my eyes, hearing him call her that.

"No stay here, you'll take to long, I'll be back." She kissed him on the cheek, before slowly standing up from the table, trying to be as discreet as possible.

I turned my head in the opposite direction, not wanting to look at Mike at all. I kept my eyes towards the fronf of the table where Miranda and daddy was, but that was even worse.

Seeing them all lovey dovey with one another was kinda nasty, but I took that over staring at Mike's lying face.

All of a sudden, I could feel a muffled vibration coming from my purse, causing me to look down. I slipped my hand inside my Chanel purse and sat my phone in my lap.

I looked down at it and clenced my jaw together when I seen a text from Mike across my screen.

MIKE(8:39PM)- When Alicia comes back can we go and talk plz?

I rolled my eyes, closing the message. I knew that I needed to still tell him I was pregnant, despite the situation right now, but I didn't wanna talk to him. I was way to mad to tell him anything.

"The cake is here." Daddy said, motioning to the man, bringing out the cake. Miranda smiled, watching her three layered cake being rolled out over to her.

The man sat it in the middle of our table, motioning for everybody to stand up.

"Can we have everybody surround the table so we can sing Miranda happy birthday." I heavily sighed, not in the mood for this, after what I just found out.

I stood up from my seat, and scooted over away from Mike, making room for everyone else who came from the other table's.

"Squeeze in everybody, I know it's alot of y'all." Daddy said, making everybody laugh.

Once everyone got a spot and took out their phone and camera's to record it, Daddy stood up from the table, as Miranda stayed in her seat.

"Alright, everybody on the count of three."

"1, 2, 3, Happy Birthda-"

"Bitch, your fucking my man?!!!!" All of a sudden, Miranda's chair flew up from under her, casuing her to fall on the ground.

Everyone gasped, wondering what was going on. I peeked through the crowd of people, knowing exactly who's voice that was, it was Alicia's."

"You've been fucking my Uncle's girlfriend??!!? She yelled across the table at Mike.

"Alicia, what are you talking about, what the hell is going on??" Daddy asked, helping Miranda up off the ground.

She ignored daddy's question and stormed her way over to Mike, who was only two people away from me.

"You benn fucking her this whole time haven't you, you son of bitch, haven't you!?" Mike frowned, looking confused.

"Baby, what are you talking about, I neve-"

"Shut the hell up!!!" Alicia said, smacking Mike across the face. "How long have you been seeing her huh???! Where did the two of you even meet?" She asked, turning back to Miranda.

"Alicia, you need to calm the hell down, what is going on?" Daddy asked, helping Miranda back into her seat.

"How are you gunna tell me to calm the hell down when this bitch has been cheatin on you with my man!" She wiped a few tears that had escaped her eyes.

Both of daddy's brows shot up, as he turned to Miranda. "Is that true?" She shook her head, standing back up from her seat.

"No, it's not true, I never even seen that boy before until today."

"You lying ass bitch!!" Alicia yelled. "If you never seen him before, why the fuck was your car parked in my driveway, I know your fucking liscense number, don't play with me bitch!!"

Daddy frown deepend, as he continued to look between Alicia and Miranda, I guess to figure out who was lying to him.

"What is the talking about Miranda?" She shook her head as tears filled her eyes. "I don't know Rich, honest to god, I promise you, I never seen him before today."

Alicia scoffed, pulling out her phone. "You drive a navy blue Rolls Royce with the liscence plate number JR271LQR, the same one that's in this damn picture."

She walked over to daddy and shoved the phone in his face. "Just admit it, that you and my man have been creepin around this whole time, because I already got the proof bitch, and I'll knock your ass out if another lie comes out your mouth."

I stood there with my heart beating out of my chest, not sure how the hell this was going to end.

"What the fuck is this?" Daddy said, flipping the phone around so she could see. "This is your car, ain't it?" I could see daddy getting madder, but he was trying to contain himself.

I looked over at Mike who had the same look on his face as I did. I didn't know what to do or say at this point, all I could do was watch this play out.

"Y-Yes that's my car, but I swear to you baby I don't know how it got there." he shook his head.

"The fuck you mean you don't know how it got there?! If you ain't go over there then who did? You let one of yo little female friends borrow your car or something??"

Miranda was silent for a second, which made my heart start beating ten times faster than before. Hopefully she forgot about me borrowing her car that one night weeks ago.

"No...I don't think so, I don't remember, but all I know is that Im not sleeping with him, I have no reason to lie to you baby, I promise I-" Daddy held up his hand cutting him off.

"After I told you what happened in my last relationship you would pull some foul shit like this." He shook his head looking her up and down.

"And to just think." He reached inside his pocket and pulled out a small black box.

"I was gone ask you to marry me, I guess I got lucky again and found out what kind of woman you were before I put this ring on your finger."

"Baby I swear." Miranda said on the verge of tears.

"And your still lyin!" Alicia said loudly. "I swear to god, if I wasn't carrying that bastard's baby I would beat the fuck outta your nasty ass right now! I swear!!" Alicia lunged towards Miranda, but daddy pulled her back.

"Im not sleeping with her Alicia, I swear baby, we don't even know each other." Mike said, making his way over to her, but she wasn't trying to hear it.

"Fuck you Mike!!! I want you out of my house, I knew your no good ass was cheating on me!!"

Daddy turned to Miranda and shook his head. "This party is over!" He said loudly, staring at her.

"And so are we." Miranda's face fell into a immediately frown, and tears began rolling down her cheeks.

"Rich, baby, I didn't I swear to you I didn't." She said in between sobs. She grabbed his hand, but he pushed her right off of him.

"You know what." He started. "This whole time you been fucking that young ass dude, well you know what....I fucked my ex Stasia a few weeks ago in our bed!!" He yelled loudly in her face.

"No you can see how that shit feels." He looked her up and down, before walking off.

In that moment, Miranda broke down into tears, and her family came to comfort her. I stood there in shock of everything that just happened, especially about Mama and daddy sleeping together.

********

About a hour and a half later, everybody was gone for the most part. Daddy had took off in one of his cars and never came back, leaving Miranda to deal with the rest of this mess.

Alicia took Mike's car and left him here, leaving him to get a cab back home or wherever he as gunna go for the night.

I pulled my keys outta my purse, just wanting to get the hell outta here. Miranda was still balling her eyes out, as Olivia and her few family members that were still here comforted her and tried their best to make her stop crying.

I probably should have left once Daddy did, but I was too much in shock of everything that was going on to move.

I sped walked through the house, trying as fast as I could to get to my car.

I made sure not to be noticed by anybody, all I wanted to do was flee this awful scene before Miranda put the pieces together, or wanted to talk to me.

I stepped out the front door and hit the locks, quickly sliding into the driver seat.

I started up the car, backing up out of the driveway, when my eyes started to burn.

I tried my best to blink away the tears that were starting to form in my eyes, but it was no use, tears started to stream down my face.

I wasn't even 100% sure why I was crying, all I knew was that this whole night was crazy, and still never got to tell Mike I was pregnant since he had pissed me off with his other baby news.

I wiped my face, taking off down the street. All of this was starting to be way too much for me, and I needed some help in what to do. I had been keeping everything to myself for way too long, and I needed someone to vent to.

I grabbed my purse and dug my hand in it, in search for my phone. I knew exactly who I needed to call, the one person I could always count on being there for me.

Aliyah P.O.V.

I slid into the driver seat of my car, as Cordarius held open the door for me. "I'll see you tommorow." He rubbed his small goatee, holding my door.

"Actually, Im not gon be in school tommorow." I frowned. "Why not?"

"I gotta see somebody." I nodded slowly. "Ohh....okay....then I'll see you Tuesday, right?" He chuckled.

"You can see me tommorow if you want." I lifted a brow. "How? I thought you said you weren't coming to school."

"Im not." He started. "But we could spend the whole day together if you skip with me." I frowned.

"....I thought you had somebody to see." He nodded. "I do, but you could come with me, I got some other stuff to do anyways."

I paused for a second, thinking. "...I don't know."

He smiled. "You ain't never skipped school before?" I shook my head. "No....unless we're counting Senior Skip Day." He laughed.

"Ight, well how about you look at it like this, think of tommorow as another Senior Skip Day, but just with us two."

I rolled my eyes, smiling. "Come on, I got some stuff I wanna show you." I sighed, nodding my head.

"Okay, Im in." He smiled. "Good, just get ready and go to school like you normally do, and I'll pick you up in the student parking lot."

I nodded. "Okay...are you sure about this?" He smirked. "Yeah, I do this all the time, and I promise to have you back before the last bell rings."

I nodded. "Okay....I'll see you tommorow then."

He leaned into my car and kissed me on the cheek. "Ight, bet." He smiled at me one more time before walking off to wherever his car was parked.

I closed my car door and slid my keys into the ignition. Never in a million years did I think I would be cool with Cordarius, let alone skipping school with him.

I started up my car, and was just about to back out of my space when my phone vibrated in my passenger seat.

I quickly reached over, grabbing my phone.

I frowned when I seen Amara calling me. We hadn't talked in weeks, and now all of a sudden she was calling me.

I sat my phone back down in my seat, not even wanting to answer. Im sure mama called Auntee Stasia and told her what was going on between us after we had that conversation earlier.

I didn't need her calling me just because her mom or my mom told her too. If she was a real friend, she would have been called me or texted me to see what was up. I backed up out of my parking space, leaving the park.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Amara in the Multimedia.

Vote/Comment!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.3M 545K 35
Down-on-her-luck Aubrey gets the job offer of a lifetime, with one catch: her ex-husband is her new boss. *** Aubrey...
7.3M 303K 38
~ AVAILABLE ON AMAZON: https://www.amazon.com/dp/164434193X ~ She hated riding the subway. It was cramped, smelled, and the seats were extremely unc...
55.1M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...
191M 4.5M 100
[COMPLETE][EDITING] Ace Hernandez, the Mafia King, known as the Devil. Sofia Diaz, known as an angel. The two are arranged to be married, forced by...