Dylan, Time To Meet The World...

By Sky-blues64

Dylan is a 7th grader who was adopted by the Harts at the age of 5. She and her older sister Maya are treated... More

Girl Meets World
Girl Meets Boy
Girl Meets Sneak Attack
Girl Meets Father
Girl Meets the Truth
Girl Meets Popular
Girl Meets Maya's and Dylan's Mother
Girl Meets Smackle
Girl Meets 1961
Girl Meets Crazy Hat
Girl Meets World: Of Terror
Girl Meets the Forgotten
Girl Meets Flaws
Girl Meets Friendship
Girl Meets Home For The Holidays
Girl Meets Game Night
Girl Meets Master Plan
Girl Meets Loyalty
Girl Meets First Date
Season 2

Girl Meets Brother

3.4K 75 10
By Sky-blues64

"Well, another year we're not going to be cheerleaders." Riley said, as she, Maya, and I stepped out of the subway in our cheer-leading outfits. "Why do you make us do these things?" Maya asked. "Yeah. Pom-poms are stupid and pyramids made of humans freak me out." I told her. Maya looked down at her legs. "And what are these?" She asked. I shrugged. "These are your legs." Riley answered. "Have you ever seen anything so white?" Maya asked. "One time when I looked into the sun." I replied. 

"These need to be put away. We have to go to Demolition right now and get clothes. Because you know they're gonna find out we took these things." Maya said, gesturing towards our outfits. "But my curfew's in fifteen minutes." Riley told us. "But they're having a sale. Vintage t-shirts." I protested. "Ooh, I do love t-shirts that other people have already loved." Riley said.

"You are the only person I know that has to be home by seven. It's ridiculous." I told her. "They treat me like a baby." Riley told us. I gave her my look. "Who?" I asked. "Ma-ma da-da." Riley replied. I rolled my eyes. "It's time I was treated like the woman I am. I am going to Demolition!" Riley told us. "That's the spirit!" Maya shouted.

"You're not really coming, are you?" I asked. "Nah. Wait. You know what? I am. I am old enough to stay out past seven o'clock." Riley told us, "What's the damage for this, in your professional opinion?" "Broken curfew?" I questioned. Riley nodded. "Chump change. Whole thing blows over by Wednesday." Maya told her. I nodded.

"Worth it! Let's do this!" Riley shouted, as she ran out of the subway station. "Great! See you Wednesday!" Maya and I shouted at her.

~~~~~~~~~~

"I'm late, I'm late, I know I'm late!" Riley shouted, as we walked into her apartment to face her parents and Auggie. "Seven minutes." Cory told her. "Say nothing. Keep walking." I hissed at her. "No. This is a thing. Deal with your bad girl." Riley insisted. I sighed and turned to Maya. "She does not know when to quit, does she?" I whispered to her. "No she doesn't," Maya whispered back. I nodded.

"Okay, where were you?" Topanga asked. "Demolition. It's an alternative store. Where rebels go!" Riley replied. I rolled my eyes. "And I bought this t-shirt I don't think you'll entirely approve of." Riley said. She held up a vintage t-shirt with the word: "Bleh!" written on it. "Bleh! Edgy." Topanga told her. "Uh, Riley, what's going on?" Cory asked. 

"I am too old for a seven o'clock curfew." Riley told her parents. She picked up her pom-poms. "I reject it! Reject it! Reject it! Won't even respect it!" Riley cheered. "Didn't make the team again, huh?" Topanga asked us. "No!" Riley shouted. "I don't really care," Maya replied. "I don't even want to walk around in such. Stupid outfits," I answered, gesturing to my outfit. "Every year." I heard Cory mumble.

"Okay, look, Riley, your father and I gave you a 7:00 curfew because we knew that even when you got all rebellious you'd still be home by 7:30." Topanga told her. "What?" Riley asked, confused. "Yeah. So when you come in here at 7:07 acting all dangerous, it's hard," Cory started, but stopped and bursted out laughing. "I'm sorry. I can't even keep a straight face." Cory said. He and Topanga laughed even more.

"What are you laughing at? I'm outta control!" Riley shouted. This time I giggled along with the parents. "Dylan, Maya, you couldn't keep her out any later than that? I mean, what kind of bad influences are you?" Cory asked. "Well. Technically. I am a peacekeeper. Not a bad influence. That is all Maya," I said, gesturing towards my sister. "You're right. I gotta up my game." Maya said, nodding her head. She glanced at the couch. "This'll look great in my room." Maya said, grabbing a pillow and walking towards the door. She stopped and grabbed a couple of coats from the coat racks. She then walked out.

"Now, that's what I'm talkin' about!" Cory shouted, pointing to the door. I giggled. "Dylan? You're staying over?" Topanga asked. I nodded. "Yep." I said. I walked into the bathroom and changed into my regular clothes. I changed into a blue and aqua striped long sleeve shirt, skinny jeans, and black converse. 

~~~~

I walked into the kitchen to see Riley talking with her parents. I sat down at the kitchen table, next to Auggie and listened in onto the conversation. 

"I want to be taken seriously. I deserve a later curfew." Riley demanded. "Okay, fine, but I'm your teacher, and I want you to get proper rest. I don't want your schoolwork to suffer." Cory told her. "And I'm your attorney, so, please state your case, Ms. Matthews." Topanga told her. "I submit to the court, 10:00." Riley said. "The court laughs in your face." Topanga told her. "The legal system is a joke!" I shouted. The Matthews gave me a look. I shrugged. "What? It is," I defended. "Your new curfew is 8:00." Topanga told Riley. "God bless America!" Riley shouted. I rolled my eyes. 

"I want a later curfew too." Auggie spoke out. "Why?" I asked. "Where do you want to go at night?" Topanga asked. "Wherever you go." Auggie replied. "Aww!" I shouted. Topanga smiled. "Does that mean I can come to your "nanoversary"?" Auggie asked. "I am serious. He gets more adorable by the minute," I said. "Sorry, honey, mommy and daddy haven't been on a date for, like-" Topanga started. "Three weeks and four days." Cory finished.

"Guys, guys. It's not just the curfew. I want you to think of me as more of a grown-up." Riley told them. "I have an idea." Auggie announced. "Define "grown-up." Topanga demanded. "I can go buy t-shirts whenever I want." Riley said. "And how do you make the money to do that?" Topanga asked. "I don't have to. I'm a kid." Riley replied. "She's killing me," I told Auggie. He nodded. "Riley, grown-ups have responsibilities." Topanga told her daughter.

"Idea idea idea! Idea idea idea!" Auggie shouted. "What's the matter, Auggie? Is no one believing that the little kid could possibly have an idea about how we could raise our older child?" Cory questioned. "Let Riley be my babysitter." Auggie said. My eyes widened. "Holy moly!" I shouted. "All hail August Matthews! Yeah! King of apartment 26!" Cory shouted. "Long live me! Whoo!" Auggie shouted. I rolled my eyes and giggled.

"Auggie, you think your sister's ready for that kind of responsibility?" Cory asked. "I would put my life in her hands." Auggie replied. "Aww, Auggie, you really want me to babysit you?" Riley asked. "Yes. I trust you." Auggie answered, "Catch me!" Auggie fell on the ground.  "Ten bucks an hour." Riley said, turning to Topanga. "The king's on the floor, Riley," I told her. "Five bucks an hour." Riley corrected.

"Hey, Auggie, you really want Riley to be your babysitter?" Cory asked. "Riley makes me smiley." Auggie replied. I smiled. "Aww!" I shouted. I earned looks from the Matthews'. "What? I have a soft side," I defended myself. "Really?" Cory asked. I gave him my look. He shrieked and hid behind the couch.

~~~~~~

"Well, how do I look?" Topanga asked. She turned around and she looked... absolutely beautiful. "Wow. You look wow." I said looking at Topanga up and down. "Wow is good?" Topanga asked. "Wow's amazing. When am I gonna look wow?" Riley asked. "Oh, honey, you already do." Topanga told her. I nodded. "Yeah, Riley. You're perfect just the way you are," I told her. She smiled.

"Yeah, but not with the bam! And the boom! And the you know." Riley said. I playfully rolled my eyes. "Daddy's going to love the way you look." Riley told her. "Yeah. Cause you look amazing," I said again. "Thank you, Riley, Dylan. But you want to know one of the reasons I married your father?" Topanga asked. "Yeah." Riley said. "Sure. Why not?" I said. "He loves me no matter how I look." Topanga said. I smiled, softly.

~~~

"Wow." Auggie said to Topanga as we walked into the living room. "Wow." Cory said, looking at Topanga. Riley and I shared a look. "And bam, boom!" We shouted in unison. "Absolutely. Youlook stunning." Cory complimented, "Happy anniversary, Topanga." "You too, Cory." Topanga told him. 

I finally noticed Cory's appearance. His tie was in the shape of a shoe lace. "What's up with the, uh?" I asked, not knowing what to say. Cory looked down at his tie. "Oh, Auggie did it." Cory replied. I nodded. "That explains it," I said. I looked at Cory's tie once again. "It's magnificent." I said, sarcastically. 

"No going to my room until I tell you, okay, Riley?" Auggie told Riley with a stern look on his face. "Deal." Riley said, smiling. I smiled. I would love to have a little brother like that. But, I'd rather have Maya, has my best friend and older sister.

"Aw, look at you two, all dressed up. Going out for dinner?" Riley asked her parents. "Ba ba Sushi." Topanga replied. I smiled big."Ooh, you hipster!" I shouted, giving her a thumbs up. "And then a horse-drawn carriage and a play." Cory added. My smile fell. "Ooh, you 80-year-old man!" I shouted. Cory gave me a look. "And then jazz night at mudbone." Cory said. I nodded, showing him I approved. "Now we're talking!" I shouted. Me and Cory shared a fist bump. "That's why I married him." Topanga said.

"Yeah, we're sophisticated adults." Cory said. "With a sophisticated babysitter, right?"  Topanga asked. "The kid's in good hands." Riley assured. "We're sure he is." Cory said. "We trust you completely." Topanga added. "Good night." Cory said. He and Topanga walked out the door. "Do you believe this?" Riley asked. "Yeah, I don't believe this for a second." I replied. "I don't blame ya!" Riley shouted. Her parents walked back in.

 "Yeah, let's talk." Cory said, walking back over to us. "Man, you just can't get out of here without the life lesson thing, can ya?" Riley asked. "Oh, please, like I had something planned." Cory said. He and Topanga laughed. I crossed my arms. "Wait for it," I said. The two adults stopped laughing, and Cory held up an egg.

"Say hello to your new best friend." Cory said. Riley and I shared a look then looked down at the egg. "Hello, egg." We said. Riley took the egg. "You gonna introduce us, Riley?" Topanga asked. "Okay, um, mom, this is Amanda McScrambleface." Riley said. "She is lovely." Topanga said. I sighed. "Oh, you, too, Topanga?" I asked. She nodded. "Yeah, I'm with him." She replied. I nodded.

"Draw a face on her." Cory ordered, holding up a sharpie. Riley took it. "Okay, we're doing the whole "take care of an egg" thing? 'Cause I've seen this." Riley said, as she drew a face. "Not the way we're gonna do it." Topanga began. "Yeah, there's a big twist at the end." Cory finished. 

"So, uh, tell us about your new friend, Riley." Topanga said, "What are her hopes, what are her dreams?" Riley smiled. "Amanda makes friends very easily. Everybody likes her. She's a good egg. We're going to go backpacking through Europe someday." Riley replied. "Wow," I mumbled. "Okay, well, before you do, may I hold her?" Topanga asked. "Sure. She's a people person." Riley said. She then started to talk baby-talk.

"Hi, Wiley's mom. You wook wow." Riley said. "Thank you, Amanda. That's very sweet." Topanga said, taking the egg. She glanced at Cory. "Do it." He demanded. Topanga looked at the egg, and then she threw it on the table. "No!" Riley shouted, in her normal tone. "You monsters!" I shouted, shocked they would actually do this. 

"What is the point of this horrible lesson?" Riley asked. "This is an egg you knew for a minute. We're giving you responsibility for our child." Cory told her. "We all love him. Don't drop him." Topanga ordered, "So, clean Amanda up and have a good night! Bye!" With that the adults left. Auggie walked back into the room. 

Riley ran to him and hugged him. I have one word for that. TIGHT. "You're my real brother!" She shouted. "Riley? I'm pretty sure he can't-" I began. "I can't breathe!" Auggie shouted, cutting me off. "That's what I was going to say," I said. 

~~~~~~

"Okay! I fed ya." Riley said, as I put Auggie's dirty dishes in the sink. "Pbj!" Auggie shouted. "I pajama'd ya." Riley said. "PJ!" Auggie shouted. "I sent ya to the bathroom." I said. "P!" Auggie shouted with a smile. "So, I get to see your room now?" Riley asked. "I know. That I'm not included in this cause this is a brother sister, kinda thing," I said awkwardly. "It'll 'splode your brain!" Auggie said, ignoring my comment.

The intercom buzzed. "What up, weirdoes?" Maya's voice said. "Maya!" Riley and I shouted. "Maya?" Auggie asked, confused as Riley and I walked over to the intercom. "Every babysitter needs two babysitter's best friends." Riley said. "Come on up!" I shouted through the intercom. "She shouldn't be here on our night. I though it was just you and me. I didn't even know Dylan was going to be here," Auggie said. You could see the disappointment in his eyes. "Why can't it be our night with Dylan and Maya?" Riley asked. "I haven't showed you my room." Auggie said.

"Red planet diaries!" Maya shouted, as she walked in and jumped onto the couch. "Ooh! Tonight's the season finale!" I cheered, as Riley and me sat next to Maya on the couch. Maya turned the TV on just as the theme song began. I smiled. 

"Out here in space, 

I kiss your green face.

But it feels like you're light years away."

Riley, Maya, and I sang together. "Previously, on "Red Planet Diaries" The narrator said. "Oh, Blarg. I know I'm from earth and not used to your martian customs yet, but I think I'm in love with your other head." Ashley, the female star of the show said. "But what's he have that I don't have?" Blarg asked. "Uh, I'm right here." Blarg's other head said. "I'm going to my room now. Riley, are you coming?" I heard Auggie ask. "Yeah yeah, just gimme a sec." Riley replied. I heard Auggie's footsteps disappear.

~~~~~~~~~

"Oh, Blarg's other head, if only we could run off together, without... You know" Ashley said. "Actually, there is a way." Blarg's other head said. Ashley gasped. "What is it?!" Ashley shouted. "What is it?!" Maya, Riley, and I shouted at the screen. The TV then turned off. "No!" The three of us shouted. 

"No more TV!" Augie shouted. "Auggie, we were watching that." Riley told him. "It got to the most important part of the whole show!" I shouted. "Give it back, runt!" Maya and I shouted. "You two are runts! And you're the worst babysitter in the world!" Auggie said, looking at Maya and me and then Riley, "You shouldn't watch TV when you babysit your brother!" He then walked over to the window.

"Auggie, where are you going with that?" Riley asked, as we followed him. "I'm going to throw it out the window!" Auggie shouted. "You wouldn't dare." I hissed at him. "I will do it! I will do it, lady!" Auggie shouted at me.

~~~~

"You're the worst babysitter in the world!" Auggie shouted at Riley. "You're the worst baby in the world!" Riley shouted back. "You turned it off at the best part." I said. Auggie opened the window, and put his hand out with the remote. "Easy there, put the remote down nice and easy. And nobody gets hurt, buddy." Maya told him. I nodded. "You're not my buddy. You shouldn't even be here." Auggie told Maya and then pointed at me, "You too." 

"Auggie, what's the matter with you?" Riley asked. "You're what's the matter with me." Auggie told Riley. He then turned to Maya and I. "You know what, Maya, Dylan? You can have Riley. She'd rather be with you two anyway. She's your guys' sister now." Auggie said, in disappointment. "Auggie," I said. "This is the worst night ever!" Auggie shouted, and ran to his room. I sighed and ran a hand through me hair.

~~~

Riley, Maya, and I were now in Riley's room. Maya and I were sitting in the window seat while Riley was pacing around. "Now we'll never know if Ashley the astronaut ends up with Blarg or Blarg's other head." Riley complained. "Gee, if only something existed where we could type in a few words and-" Maya started, as she opened up Riley's laptop. I took the laptop away from her. "It's not the same!" I shouted. 

Riley sat down next to me. "We were really looking forward to this night and Auggie ruined it." Riley said. Maya and I shared a look, then turned back to Riley. "We think Auggie could say the same thing about us, Riley." We said in unison. "He just wanted to spend time with you." Maya told her. "You're really lucky to have that." I added. "I know. It's like we don't pay attention to the people who really care about us." Riley said.

"Ladies!" A familiar voice greeted. I turned around and saw Farkle. "Get lost, Farkle!" I told him. "Yeah, we can't pay attention to you right now." Maya told him. "But I feel like when we don't have school I'm not even part of the story." Farkle defended himself. I gave him a look.

"There's someone who really cares about me, and I'm not letting him know that I care about him too." Riley said, filling him in on what's happening. "Ooh, maybe I am part of the story." Farkle said, thinking it was him Riley was talking about. "And I really love the little guy. And all he wanted to do was show me his room." Riley said. "How did you know?" Farkle asked. I gave him another look. "I gotta go talk to Auggie." Riley said. She stood up and ran out of the room. 

"Well, well. Alone at last." Farkle said to Maya and I. "Yes, you are." Maya and I told him. We stood up and walked out of the room. "You know where to find me!" Farkle shouted.

~~~~~

Maya and I had just finished up setting up Auggie's room. It was this whole pirate theme. I was fixing up my hat when Maya approached me. 

"So. You wanna tell me all about that little cheek kiss you gave Lucas?" Maya asked. My eyes widened. "H-How d-did you kn-know about t-that?" I stuttered out. "While Riley was riding on the horse, I may have been listening in on your guys' conversation," Maya said. I slapped her arm. "I'm sorry! I couldn't resist it!" Maya defended. "Please, Maya. Don't tell Riley. I know how much she likes Lucas, and. If she knew, then she may not forgive me," I said.

"Dylan. It was just one little cheek kiss. Relax. And don't worry. I won't tell Riley about this," Maya reassured. I sighed in relief. "Thank you Maya. You have no idea how much this means to me," I told her. Maya smiled. She then got a serious look on her face.

"Dylan, I am going to ask you this once. And only once. Do you have feelings for Lucas?" Maya asked. I shook my head eagerly. "No! Of course..." I hesitated before finishing, "Not." "Are you sure? Cause if you do-" Maya started. I put my hand out to stop her. "Maya. I don't. So you do not have to worry," I told her. She slowly nodded before going to the other side of the room to fix something. 

I took out my diary which I had gotten on our way back from Demolition. I opened it and took out my pencil. I started thinking about Lucas. 

Dear Diary,

Maybe... Just maybe...

....

....

I like Lucas more than I realized. But I can't like him.

~~~~~~

The door opened revealing Riley and Auggie. "Arrgh!" Maya and I shouted. "How did you do this?!" Auggie shouted, looking around at his pirate room. "Demolition. Open late tonight and we have no curfew at all." I replied.

"Now, where's all your treasure, matey?" Maya asked. "We're being boarded by blonde-beard and brown-beard!" Auggie shouted. Riley handed Auggie a toy sword and the four of us had an epic swrod fight. Auggie knocked me and Maya down on the bed. "Thanks for letting us stick around tonight, Auggie." Maya told him. I nodded. "Yeah. You are one awesome friend," I told him.

"You two are not so bad pirates." Auggie told us. I smiled. "So, can we keep them?" Riley asked. "Yeah. But you and me are brother and sister again." Auggie said. He and Riley shared a hug. "Then who am we?" I asked. "You two are the ones who walk the plank!" Auggie shouted. He pushed Maya and I off of the bed. "We can't swim!" Maya and I shouted.

~~~~~

I walked into the Matthews' kitchen the next morning and took a seat next to Riley. "Smells good." I commented. "What are we having?" Riley asked. "Cory's breakfast special: scrambled eggs!" Cory shouted. He handed all of us plates of scrambled eggs. "Seriously? You cooked the entire Mcscrambleface family?" Riley questioned. "Yeah. Yum yum. Eat 'em up." Cory said.

"Those were Amanda's best friends. They used to come in through her bedroom window every night, and they'd talk for hours." Riley told Maya and I. "Okay." We said, and handed Cory our plates. "That was mama Mcscrambleface. She used to look wow." Riley told Topanga. Topanga handed Cory her plate as well. "Who'd I get?" Auggie asked. "You got baby brother Mcscrambleface. He was my favorite." Riley told Auggie. "You monster." Auggie told his father, and handed him his plate. 

We all glared at Cory. "Out for pancakes?" He asked nervously. We all cheered and jumped up. While we were going to the local pancake place, I couldn't help but think about what I wrote in my diary. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

170 0 37
A 14-year-old girl who has been adopted finds out that she has known her real family for a long time. - this is my first story i wrote here so im sor...
11.2K 302 12
Riley Matthews' adopted sister went through hard times as a child. Beaten, abandoned, bullied, abused, neglected and more. Until Cory found the broke...
1.9K 23 31
I suck at descriptions sorry. Also trigger warning Allison has lived in Forever Together Home for girls since age 4. She's 14 now. 10 years since he...
10.8K 144 60
chloe is a teen girl. nobody really likes her from all the girls from the orphanage . all her friends are guys. she is always hoping she would get a...