The Rose That Never Withered...

By datnekokid

(COMPLETED) "The Rose that never withered, a lovely Rose indeed, like love encompassing even time itself." Ex... More

Author's Note: Important
‡Elizabeth‡
Prologue
‡Chapter 1 - Celebrations ‡
‡Chapter 2 - Encounter‡
‡Chapter 3 - Young Master ‡
‡Chapter 4 - Curiosity Kills the Cat‡
‡Chapter 5 - Summer Guests‡
‡Chapter 6 - Pleasantly Annoying Acquaintance‡
‡Chapter 7 - Frey' Monstratosei‡
‡Chapter 8 - Call Me Eulon Springs ‡
‡Chapter 9 - That Little Weasel ‡
‡Chapter 10 - Late Night Guest ‡
‡Chapter 11 - Worth The Kiss‡
‡Chapter 12 - Rose for a Lover‡
‡Chapter 14 - Shades Of Julianne Vilgrain‡
‡Chapter 15 - Trust Me‡
‡Chapter 16 - A Different Side of Him‡
‡Chapter 17 - Save Me From This Heart‡
‡Chapter 18- The Truth I Seek‡
‡Chapter 19 - More than a Mate's Attraction‡
‡Epilogue‡
-Centuries After: The Present-
Thank You ♡♡♡

‡Chapter 13 - Being The Master's Mistress ‡

847 41 5
By datnekokid

"As the legend goes, when the phoenix resurrects from the flames, she is even more beautiful than before" - Danielle LaPorte

My room barely had any curtains in it, while this one had the finest red silk curtains I had ever seen. The walls had beautiful floral wallpaper covering the entire room; a complete contrast from my former dull, gray ones from the servants' quarters.

I don't usually get overwhelmed with mere luxuries, but the room was truly beautiful!

Am I in heaven?

"I'm glad to see you're awake," said a voice from beside me. I jumped a little with the sudden intrusion, especially with the idea of a stranger finding me ogling idiotically inside a beautiful room.

When I turned to face the voice, my throat went dry and shock was painted all over my face, for I did not expect this person to appear to me at all, much less so early in the morning. I looked down and saw that I was only wearing a thin material that made up my nightgown.

My face heated up in embarrassment. I covered myself up with the soft sheets from the bed in an attempt to cover up any indecency.

"Do not be embarrassed Rosabelle." he calmly said.

Rose... I... I was Rose? Rosabelle. Oh how silly of me!

I am Rose.

"Young master Julianne-." I quickly sat upright, motioning to get down on the soft bed.

"Please address me as Julianne." He countered. "Where are you going?" He was seated at the left side of the bed, drinking a cup of tea. How I did not notice him there moments ago had me wondering.

"It is morning master" I straightened my nightgown. "I must do my chores?"

The young master smiled, and then chuckled. The sound of his voice bounced off the walls inside the spacious room. It was beautiful. His laugh was so refreshing and angelic, you simply can't get enough of it.

Was it something I said?

"Pardon Master-" my hands motioning to inquire.

"Julianne." He wiped the tear from his eyes, a result from his excessive chuckling. "Just Julianne. Forgive me. It just amuses me of the idea of a master's lady, such as yourself, doing chores in my manor."

"Wha-? Master's lady? Me!?" I was bewildered. Shock was clearly painted on the blank canvas that is my face. I was left gaping at him like a fish out of water. I looked ridiculous! "What is happening to the world!?!"

"Why- we are to be wed of course." he answered simply. I thought he was playing tricks with me, but when I saw no hint of amusement on his face, I doubt he was. He was completely serious.

My hand went to my mouth in shock as a sudden realization hit me like a ton of bricks. "I thought-" I said starting, but then closing and opening it again. The scene would be pretty funny if not for my situation.

I remember now... That one faint night at the dining table, where we met and time had stood still, where he kissed me lovingly and longingly, leaving with a promise of return....

But that was all in my head... Time stopping for only two people is clearly not possible...

Now that this is happening, I doubt it was. The promise within Julianne's eyes were proof enough, seemingly I get easily distracted when I see his ethereal face... Damn him and his perfection!

"You thought what? That it was all in your head?" he nailed it perfectly. He circled the bed and went to stand in front of me. He was a tall man. I was fairly tall but I can only reach up to his neck, falling just a little under his chin. He cupped my face softly, his palm warm against my cheeks. "I meant what I said" he cooed.

He truly was beautiful; a work of art crafted to perfection. Not a single flaw was evident on his godly face, as a smile was painted on. It made me catch my breath every time I see it.

Everything finally clicked in my head, as I presume the cogs had started moving once again, and my face was one of shock.

I was to be wed. Not only that, I was to be wed to none other than Julianne Vilgrain! Oh god, it was too good to be true! Am I dreaming!? This isn't happening!! I pinch myself under the sheets, glad to feel the pain that came after. This was all real.

But marriage?!?

I'm so young, just recently turned eighteen. I have yet to see the world! Besides that, we haven't even known each other for that long, on my behalf though. I wasn't certain about Julianne's.

Something tells me he knows more about me than he lets on. It's quite unnerving, really.

Everything was happening so fast. He was staring at my face attentively with his green orbs, observing me. His face was amusingly scrunched up in confusion.

"You wish not to be wed?" he observed.

I scoffed unlady-like "No!" he stared at me amusingly, I straitened up "No, I- What I meant was it is all too soon!" I meekly replied. "Although, I know we have known each other in our past lives, as you have claimed, I wish to know more about the person you are now." my face lowered. "All I ask is a bit more time to think."

I wasn't entirely sure if he knew about my knowledge of my past life, one that was clearly still fuzzy.

Now that I think about it, I don't remember a thing......

My gaze fell back to Jullianne's face once again and just like that, I lost my train of thought.

I looked at him from under my lashes. He was clearly debating on his options on the situation; weighing things from his perspective. Like in business, pros and cons must be weighed.

Moments after, I was shocked when he had suddenly enveloped me in his warmth, his lips pressing lightly on my forehead. "Granted." He murmured.

He placed his chin on the top of my head whispering, "I have waited for centuries, surely a bit more time is nothing."

I smiled.

He cared for me. Julianne Vilgrain cares for me. It was like a dream!

A dream I wish I wouldn't be waking up from.

This warmth spreading from my chest throughout my entire body was simply exalting.

But despite the happiness, there is this small nagging feeling that something was missing from me? Like I'm forgetting something that was very important.

Something wasn't right.

I decided to ignore the feeling and focus on Julianne's warm embrace. "Thank you, Julianne" I whispered, making sure it was loud enough for him to hear. I couldn't help getting a whiff when he pushed me to his chest. Goodness, even his scent is heavenly.

He smiled. "Anything for you, my lovely Rose." He let me go, heading towards the door gracefully. "Head downstairs and join me for breakfast. I have instructed the servants to prepare you this morning." And doing a sweeping bow he said "I shall see you at the table Rosabelle" and left without another word, shutting the door behind him.

Prepare me for what? Breakfast? I was so used to preparing the itineraries at the manor that the thought of fellow servants "preparing me" would led me to think I was some kind of meal.

I just shrugged and sat back on the plush bed, a sigh escaping my lips as I wait for preparation.

Later that morning, the servants had arrived, as Julianne promised, and had immediately pushed me to the bathroom. They bathed me luxuriously in different bath crystals. The whole bathroom smelled like lavender as I soaked in the pristine tub of the manor for the very first time. I had never experienced this kind of luxury in my entire life! Every morning, I would just wake up and bathe at the servant's area early into the morning, freezing with the water's temperature against my skin.

This time though, not only am I bathing luxuriously in the biggest bathroom in the manor, but servants were also at my command. They scrubbed my body, even at certain parts that I objected to. They said it was their duty, so I just obeyed humbly, afraid they would get in trouble if I objected any further. It was embarrassing enough they saw me naked, now they were scrubbing leisurely at my lady parts. I was beet red the entire time.

It was an experience I'll never forget: my first ever luxurious bath during my eighteen years of existence with an audience. I mentally sighed. At least they were all female...

After bathing, they seated me on the bed and had kindly asked me to stay put. Being new too all this, I humbly obeyed, sitting upright and unmoving on the mattress.

After a few minutes of waiting, a knock sounded on the door. "Mistress, may we come in?" said a dainty voice.

I lightly cleared my throat "Ah, yes. Come in" I replied.

Upon opening, even more servants came pouring in, carrying the most extravagant dresses I have ever seen in my entire life. I admit, I haven't seen a whole lot during my youth, so I was left agape at anything new and extravagant introduced to me.

One dress consisted of layers and layers of material, that even from the distance, you can see that the dresses are made from only the highest quality. I struggled to keep the excitement I felt, bottled up. My body felt giddy and I wanted to try all of the dresses right this instant. They were far from what I would usually wear; a raggedy, aged chambermaid's outfit.

"What are we waiting for ladies?" I asked cheekily "Let's get fitting!"

Excitement. Hours and hours of excitement, that is what I felt.

After hours of trying only half of the dresses, for it was that many! I finally settled on a cream dress with a blue ribbon circling the waist, ending on the back with a bow. It was more on the simple side than the others and it complimented my complexion as well as the color of my eyes.

Blue, like-

I don't remember.

Who had blue eyes like mine? I concentrated on any image I could remember, but none came to mind.

My vision was then overwhelmed by Julianne's emerald orbs, flooding my senses.

Numbing my thoughts.

A petite girl stepped out from the bunch and laid out a pair of petite black shoes on the floor.

"For you mistress" she curtsied.

I smiled, but the smile not quite reaching m eyes "Uh yes, thank you"

My feet slipped in perfectly like it was made especially for me, which I doubt was. It had a small blue ribbon outlining the tip of the shoe, to end at the opening. It matched the dress perfectly.

I've never worn such a thing.

It amused me how simple minded I can be. This was all so new to me that just like that; it distracted me from my growing doubt; the doubt that would have led me to question everything about my existence.

I proceeded down the stairs to join Julianne at the dining table for breakfast. My feet tapped with every step I took down the marble staircase, and through the main hallway. The sound was rather louder with the heels on my shoes. I cherished the feel of the smooth, cold, texture of the marbles against my palm as I strode down, my heart thumping with excitement. I was unusually happier than usual and I was quite aware of it. I'm pretty sure everyone was. But whether they cared was another story.

I made my way to the dining hall making several turns here and there, my cream dress swaying with every motion. After making one last turn, Julianne finally came into view. He was seated at the center seat and upon seeing me at the entrance, greeted me with a dazzling smile.

He never did greet me with a frown, not like-

Hmph...Who greeted me with a what? I really don't- don't remember....remember....

"Rose please, sit down." he motioned to the chair opposite of his.

I seated at the other end of the long dining table, the chair making a noise as I pulled it from place.

"You look beautiful Rose" he greeted, and with a slight thought added "Although, I think you always do" he added coyly.

My face tinted red. His compliment made me excessively shy. "Thank you Julianne" I replied. I wasn't usually like this around boys like- no.... no.

Julianne was a man, not a boy.

He drank from his cup of tea, lifting the china cup to his lips. "And are the dresses to your liking?" he asked to rouse conversation.

I nodded "Indeed master." I smiled "I've never seen such beautiful dresses in my entire life, much more imagined wearing one."

It was the truth. Although my necessities were provided, such luxuries were often eliminated from the equation. It was simply out of the question on where I would spend my money.

Food comes first, that's what I always say. I'm pretty sure I'll trade a hundreds worth of dresses for a week supply of delicious, steaming meals.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

316K 3.9K 10
Rank #28 in Vampire 04.05.17 ------- Cord lifted a brow, taken aback. "I am?" "Yes, you are, standing suddenly in that o...
1M 39.8K 35
"Hello, are you there ?" "Yes, I am. I will always be there." "Can I ask you something?" "Sure my love." "Why don't I feel scared of...
254 12 28
A young girl named Rose is one of the most popular girls in school. At least in the eyes of most of the boys on campus. However even though this is t...
439K 13.2K 30
My life was simple and easy. A bit lonely but I liked it. It wasn't until I literally crashed into the one who would change my life forever. My world...