Start of Something New...

Autorstwa Engie_fangirl

William is a single father with two sons. His youngest son, Mathew is five years old and his eldest, Connor i... Więcej

Chapter 1: The Beginning
Chapter 2: Surprised...
Chapter 3: New Friends...
Chapter 4: Count On Each Other
Chapter 5: Alone For A Change...
Chapter 6: Parks and Picnics
Chapter 7: Beginning of Something???
Chapter 8: What's Yours is Mine...
Chapter 9: Realization...
Chapter 10: Sunday...
Chapter 11: Surprise!!!
Chapter 12: First Step...
Chapter 13: Dinner with a Promise...
Chapter 15: Sunday Firsts...
Chapter 16: Birthday Reveals...
Chapter 17: Sunday Meetings
Chapter 18: Are We Going To Do This?
Chapter 19: Good for Each Other...
Chapter 20: New Names...
Chapter 21: We Miss You...
Chapter 22: What Now?
Chapter 23: He's Our Son
Chapter 24: Maui, Hawaii
Chapter 25: It's Time
Chapter 26: Epilogue

Chapter 14: My Support

52 1 0
Autorstwa Engie_fangirl

They starred at each other, having a silent conversation with their eyes. After coming to an agreement they leaned in towards each other.

... but just before their lips touched William's phone rang.

W: Sorry. (He said pulling away and taking his phone out) It's Olivia.

Mi: Answer it.

W: Olivia, hi? Wait, calm down... what happened? ... What, uh where are you? ... We're on our way. Uh, we'll be there now.

...

Mi: What's wrong? (He asked when he saw how pale William became)

W: Uh, Mathew. He... he fell down the stairs and they took him to Mercy Hospital. We... we need to go. Hurry up and get in.

Mi: There is no way that I'm going to let you drive in this state, give me the keys.

W: No I'm driving, he's my son.

Mi: What good will it do him if you end up in the hospital because of a car accident?

W: Yes, you're right.

Mi: I know now give me the keys and get in.

W: Thanks.

Mi: Always.

Mercy Hospital wasn't that far from the restaurant and they got there within fifteen minutes. Both of them ran over to the nurse's station.

W: Hi, my son was brought in here half an hour ago.

Nurse: What's his name, sir?

W: Mathew McVey.

Nurse: Okay... here it is. The doctor is still in with him but I can show you where the others are waiting.

W: Thanks.

They were taken to the waiting area where they saw Olivia, Sean, Connor and Jake.

C: Dad!

Nurse: Keep it down, son. The doctor will be out shortly)

W: Thank you. (He said as she walked back to the nurse's station)

O: I'm so sorry, William.

W: It's okay, I'm not mad, it's not your fault.

O: I was suppose to be watching him.

Mi: it was an accident, 'Liv.

W: What happened?

S: He was running in the hall, then he must have slipped on the rug or something and then he fell down the stairs.

W: I always tell them not to run up there but they don't listen. Olivia, this was definitely not your fault, it's not anyone's.

O: I know but I just feel guilty.

W: Don't worry about it.

Just then the doctor came out of the room.

Dr: Are you Mathew McVey's father?

W: Yes I am how is he?

Dr: We could talk in private if you would prefer. (He said looking at everyone around William)

W: No, they're family. Whatever you say to me, you can say to them.

Dr: Okay, we ran a brain scan and everything looks fine at this point but we'd like to do another one tomorrow just to be sure. He has a concussion and we gave him a sedative so that he can sleep. If there is any damage we'll know only we he wakes up, so you guys can go home...

C: No, we're not leaving Matty here! (He said with a determined expression)

J: He doesn't like being alone.

Dr: He won't be alone, there are nurses around here all the time.

C: No. Dad, we can't just leave him here.

W: Can't we put him in a private room so that we can stay the night.

Dr: Private rooms are expensive, Mr McVey.

Mi: It's okay, we can afford it.

Dr: Okay, I'll go talk to admin for you and I don't think it'll be an issues. I'll even arrange a cot for the boys.

W: Thank you very much.

Dr: No problem. (He smiled and walked away)

W: You guys can go home, thanks for staying.

Mi: I'm not going anywhere.

J: Me too.

S: We'll go home and come back in the morning.

O: Sorry again, William.

W: He's fine Olivia, don't worry. (He said pulling her into a hug)

O: See you in the morning.

S: Goodbye,

Mi: Bye guys.

Mathew was moved into a private room and Michael, William and the boys were allowed in.

J: When is he going to wake up?

C: Is he going to wake up?

W: Yes he will.

Mi: The doctor just gave him something to make him sleep.

J: Okay.

C: Can we sleep in the extra bed, we're really tired?

W: Sure buddy, they brought it for the two of you.

J: Goodnight. (He says as they climbed onto the bed)

...

Mi: I guess we have the couch again. (He smiled)

W: Yeah, I guess so but this one doesn't look as comfortable as yours.

Mi: Just for one night.

Michael went to fix the couch while William switched off all the lights. The room was not completely dark because of the light coming from the moon outside. The settled down on the couch with Michael behind William and fell asleep.

=Next Morning=

William was already awake when Michael woke up but all three boys were still asleep.

W: Morning. (He smiled turning his head and looking at Michael)

Mi: Morning. How long have you been awake?

W: For a couple of minutes now, just thinking?

Mi: About?

W: What a hell of a way to end our first date. (He mumbled)

Mi: Hey, it wasn't that bad and at least this way we'll never forget it.

W: Making memories.

Mi: Yeah, let me go freshen up and go get us something to eat.

W: You don't have to.

Mi: But I want to. I'm not in the mood for hospital food, I don't think you are either and it'll cheer the boys up to have something they enjoy.

W: Thank you Michael, not only for this but for everything.

Mi: What are first dates for? (He laughed) I'll always be here to help you.

W: And one day I'll return the favour.

Mi: Not necessary. (He said giving William a kiss on the cheek before getting up and going to the bathroom)

William leaned back against the couch with a smile thinking about everything that happened and his smile broadened when Michael came out a few minutes later.

Mi: I'll be back in half an hour with food and coffee.

W: Thanks.

A few minutes after Michael left the boys all started stirring awake all at the same time as though they were connected to the same internal clock. William stood up and went to Mathew's bed.

W: Morning bud, how are you feeling?

M: Better than yesterday? (He mumbled)

W: That's good.

M: Where's Uncle Michael? (He said starting to panic)

W: He'll be back now, he just went to get us breakfast.

M: Promise?

W: Cross my heart, hope to die.

M: Okay. Mathew gave his father a big hug and then ordered Jake and Connor to give him hugs too. When Michael came back, Mathew shouted his name and gave him an even bigger hug than the one he gave his dad.

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

1.2K 1 50
A divorced mother of 5 meets a widowed father of 3. They start falling in love but will their kids get along with each other.
44 1 7
In high school days
281 0 30
Xavier Stolts never expected to become a father of four at the age of eighteen. With his mother dead and his father gone, Xavier is forced to pick up...
5.1K 142 10
Just Ben and Miranda with their family's ups and downs.