Cold Blood (Completed)

By nerdinspects

Part 1: Replaced by the Alpha Mate (Completed) Sera was not rejected by her mate, Daniel but he replaced her... More

Book One
One- Unaccepted by the Mate
Two- Replaced by the Mate
Three- Meeting the Stranger
Four- The Strange Rogue
Five- Return of the Mate
Six- Rejecting the Rejection
Seven- Talking to Brother
Eight- Manny the Mate
Nine- Alpha is Sneaking
Ten- The New Alpha
Eleven- Rogue Attack
Twelve- Jealous Alpha
Thirteen- Wilson Carter
Fourteen - Revenge Plan
Fifteen- Traitor
Sixteen - Finding Mate
Seventeen - Deal to Fight
Eighteen - Deal of Mate
Nineteen - Strange Alpha
Twenty - The Fight
Twenty Two - Harsh Words
Twenty Three - Sleep
Twenty four- To Admit
Twenty Five - Danger
Twenty six- Fear
Twenty Seven - Miles
Twenty Eight- Saving the Mate
Twenty Nine- Between Two Mates
Thirty- True Colours of Alpha's mate
Thirty One - Unexpected
Thirty Two- Alpha
Thirty Three - Plans
Thirty Four- Chance
Thirty Five- Daddy Dearest
Thirty Six - Mate
Thirty seven- Apology
Thirty Eight- More Triators
Thirty Nine- Almost Caught
Forty- Mistakes and Regrets
Forty One- Crazy Old Man
Forty Two- More Secrets Revealed
Forty Three- Saving Mate
Chapter Forty Four - Accepting the Fate
Epilogue
Book Two- Targeted by the Blood Devil
One- History repeats itself
Two- Old Friends
Three- In the College
Five- The Ball of Light
Six- Drunk
Seven- Drink
Eight - Cat's Prey
Nine - Royal Blood
Ten- Seven Months
Eleven- Home Sweet Home
Twelve- Inside
Thirteen
Fourteen - Hello Mate
Fifteen - Waking Up
Sixteen - Search again
Seventeen - Blue Moon
Eighteen - Mated
Nineteen - Unfaithful
Twenty - Run Away
Twenty One - Destiny
Twenty Two - Cell
Twenty Three - Just Great
Twenty Four - Old Mate
Twenty Five - Secrets
Twenty Six - Ex Mate vs Mate
Twenty Seven - Blood Devil
Twenty Eight - Reveal
Twenty Nine - Truth
Thirty - Escape
Thirty One - Once Again
Thirty Two - Caught
Thirty Three - Lost Hope
Thirty Four - New Game
Thirty Five - Pack Business
Thirty Six - His Mate
Thirty Seven - No Regrets
Thirty Eight - Happy Endings
Thirty Nine - The Ceremony
Forty - Climax
Forty One - The End

Twenty One - Suspicion

39.5K 1K 97
By nerdinspects

Chapter Twenty One - Suspicion

Daniel’s P.O.V.

I paced pack and forth in my room, my brain completely jumbled up.

Just tell everyone. It’s for the best. My wolf argues.

‘No, it’s not for the best. It’s for the worst.’

How?

‘If I admit that Sera was my mate then everyone will hate me. My pack will hate me.’

It’s not like you don’t deserve that.

‘Just shut up. I don’t want this now. Already I’m not a powerful enough Alpha for them. If they here about this, that will cause havoc.’

But if you don’t get with your mate soon, I will cause havoc. And I am inside your brain. What will you do about it?

I cut it off and sat at the corner of my bed with head in my hands. I rubbed my face and ran my hand through my hairs.

Dad will not like it. He will most definitely kill me if I tell him about this.

Dave already knows. He has been more hostile to me ever since Sera returned. She must have told him. If everyone is going to react like this, I better stay quiet. I am not ready to face it. And it will not happen. I won’t let it.

I have to do something. I can’t go with the deal. But I also fear Sera will reveal everything. Not like anyone will believe it. It will be same as it was a year ago.

No one will believe that she is my mate. She can’t say that.

But dad will definitely believe it. He seems to know everything. He had asked if Shea was really my mate in past. There was no doubt he was suspicious of our relationship. If Sera tells him the truth, it will be the biggest problem for me.

“There are rogue attacks in your territory.” A voice spoke and I snapped my head to find Sera leaning against the doorframe.

Her face completely neutral, devoid of all emotions.  I didn’t know what she was thinking.

“What are you doing here?” I asked her standing up.

The room was mostly dark except for the moonlight coming from the large window. Her face shone under the whiteness of moon. Her green were sparking remarkably. Long dark hairs looked midnight black as they reflected moonlight.

She looked absolutely breathtaking, especially wearing that pure white top and dark blue skin tight jean.

“If you are done checking me out,” she said drily, “I would like to remind. I won and now it’s time for you to spring in action and announce your little secret.” She walked inside the room, standing the window, her eyes watching me like a hawk.

She was looking so beautiful that I couldn’t take my eyes off her. Her skin seemed so milky. It almost appeared illuminant. Her hairs were so silky. My fingers were itching to caress them.

“Take a photograph. It lasts longer.” She smirked at me.

I shook my head. “Give me time.” I told her. “I can’t just pop this news out of nowhere.”

“I knew you’d say something like that. I will give you time. The first person you will tell about me will be your dad and he is returning back in two months.”

My face lit up at her words.

“I was here just to tell you. Don’t try to jump up and down like an overexcited kid. I’m going to see Kyle.” She said marching back to the door.

“Why?” I asked frowning. There was no need to.

She paused and stared at me confused. “What?”

“Why are you visiting Kyle?”

“For your kind of information Alpha, I beat him up in the fight. He was unconscious and I’ve not seen him since then. So I’m leaving now.”

“Wait!” I shouted before I could stop myself.

She frowned at me. “What?”

“I’m coming with you.” I said. She raised an eyebrow studying me with her cold eyes. Without nodding or giving any sign, she turned around and walked out of the room. I followed her.

She moved with grace. Her hips swayed ever so lightly with every moment. She was wearing blue and white sneakers and moved like an active teenager. Her eyes remained fixed forward. Wavy hairs bounced against her shoulders as she moved.

She is beautiful. My wolf said to me. I cut it off instantly.

I purposely extended my hand so that it brushed with hers as she walked. A simple contact was made that sent a jolt of electricity throughout my body. It was something I never felt with Shea. Sera stopped too, her eyes landed on me with coldness of Antarctica. She didn’t show it on her face but I could see anger smoldering in her eyes.

For a second I thought she was either going to kiss me senselessly or attack me but then she turned away ignoring me. Her pace increased as she tried to increase distance between us.

I didn’t try to touch her after that but my body was yearning for her- to feel her silky soft skin against mine. Her long legs moved with perfect sync. There was no clumsiness in her movements. It was as if she was totally aware of her surroundings.

“I know you can’t resist me but stop staring. It’s getting creepy.” I heard her say.

She stopped when the wooden door of Kyle’s room was standing in front of us.

She knocked at the door thrice. A muffled ‘come in’ came from other side.

She opened the door and stepped inside. I followed her. Kyle was sitting on his bed with back leaning against headboard and arms were folded in front of his chest. His eyes were closed as we entered.

“How did you do that?” was his question we were welcomed with.

I was taken aback wondering what he meant by that.

“Well hello to you too Kyle. I’m fine. Thanks for asking.” Sera said sarcastically carelessly sitting at the foot of bed in front of him.

He opened his eyes and narrowed them on her. His face was completely fine. All injuries from fight were already healed.

“You defeated me.” He held out an accusing finger towards her. I leaned against the wall watching their conversation.

“Yeah, I noticed that too.” Sera replied, sarcastically.

She is feisty. My wolf said and I couldn’t agree more.

“How on-“, Kyle stopped mid sentence and looked at me. His eyes fell on me for the first time since I entered this room. “Why did you ask me to defeat her at every cost when you knew she was going to win? She is so amazing with her fighting skills.”

My eyes went wide as he mentioned. I was waiting for Sera to yell at me or accuse me but that never came. Instead she was observing Kyle with amusement. There were no signs of surprise or anguish on her face. She was calm as night.

“Don’t underestimate the power of a girl, even if she lost her wolf due to some dire circumstances.” She smirked and then stretched her arms in front of her. She sent a wink in his direction and he blinked.

“You were so damn fast with your movements. Where did you learn this from?” He asked in awe.

“I was taught martial arts by an old man. I’ve been practicing from last year.” She admitted.

My eyebrows shot up in interest. She never told me about that. She knew she was going to win. She had been freaking doing martial arts. I should have known. This is not fair. I feel betrayed in my own game.

Kyle groaned and rubbed his hands on his face.

“If you fought with me in your werewolf form, you could probably have beaten me in it.” She said folding her arms.

If she was wearing something like Shea, I’m sure I would have seen something I might like. But she is so conservative about herself. It’s like she is not confident about her body when she should be.

What am I thinking?

Stop it, now.

“So I’m not going to join you in those training sessions. You were an amazing fighter Kyle. That was really good. Sorry for making you unconscious though. That was never in the plan.” She scratched back of her neck and she smiled sheepishly.

He nodded slowly studying her closely.

“I should go now. You talk with Alpha.” She said and walked out of the room throwing ‘Goodnight Kyle’ over her shoulder.

Silence settled between us and I searched for something to say. He lost and I lost. It made me angry at him but it was not his fault considering he didn’t know about her martial arts. Neither did I. If she defeated her, she was really good in that. Defeating a powerful Alpha is not everyone’s cup of tea.

“Why were you here with Sera?” He asked before I could open my mouth.

I stared at him blankly for few seconds. He cocked his head to side demanding answer.

I awkwardly cleared my throat.

“I came here to see you.” I told him in a cool tone.

“Why with Sera though? Why not before or after her?” He asked raising his eyebrows. Suddenly I felt like I was being questioned for a murder.

“She asked me to come with her. I don’t know why.” I shrugged casually, obvious of my complete lie.

He stared at me hardly for few seconds and then nodded. His scrutinizing gaze was unnerving.

“I should go now.” I said and hurriedly walked out of the room shutting the door behind me. I let out a sigh of relief.

When I came outside, a plan was already devising in my head.

I have to make Sera hate me so much that she leaves before dad returns. And I have to work on that as soon as possible.

**** **** **** ****

Sera’s P.O.V.

Daniel must me howling with joy. He doesn't know it's a game I am going to win. I will be the one to have last laugh in all this. And I vow I will make him cry.

He tough good for nothing Alpha will cry.

Let's not forget his fake mate. I've a very big suspicion about her.

I'm missing something in this whole mess. I hope to point it before its to late.

My phone rang. I received a phone call from person I least expected. My heartbeat picked at his voice. I looked around to make sure I was alone and away from anyone’s earshot.

“Are you doing what you were asked to do?” He asked in a calm voice.

I cursed mentally. There are three tasks in hand for me but he knows about only one. I can’t let him know that though and I can’t complete his task until I complete mine first. He’d definitely ask me to come back and if I defy his orders, I’m dead.

“Yes. I’m trying to find them.” I said dishonestly squeezing my eyes shut. I hope he doesn’t find out about my lie. He is not the kindest person in the world.

“Well do your work properly. Remember, you are not there for vacation.” He reminded me and I nodded but then mumbled a ‘yes’ because he couldn’t see me.

“I’ll call you in a week and by that time, you better find something I’d like to hear or you won’t be able to say a word ever.” Her threatened menacingly.

“I will.” And without any other word, he hung up.

I let out a sigh of relief. Vladimir is a person you won’t ever like to mess with. He is brutal and cruel. He emits negative energy.

I shuddered at the thought. He’s the most awful creature to ever walk on earth.

“Sera, are you okay? You look like you have seen a ghost.” Manny asked me with concern lacing her voice.

“I’m, fine,” I said without stuttering, something I was thankful of.

“So, what brings you here today?” she asked walking to me.

“Can’t I visit my old friend?” I asked narrowing my eyes at her while she rolled hers.

She sighed. I smelled something different in the air. It was so strong and so new. My eyes roamed around to find any trace of werewolf or any traitor but there was no one.

“Of course you can. Dave is so busy these days. He is really bothered by traitor in the pack.” She mumbled in a sad tone.

“Oh… Don’t feel so down my dear friend. Let’s go inside.” I said her wary of smell.

Something was wrong about this. It’d be better if we are inside, safer.

But that smell didn’t leave. Feeling of paranoia was distracting me from whatever conversation Manny was trying to make.

“Sera! What happened? You are acting like Dave now.” She pouted at me folding her arms over her chest.

“Nothing Manny. It’s just…” I trailed off. Didn’t she smell anything?

“Manny, didn’t you smell something different, like there is someone, other than us in this room.” I asked in a low voice looking around.

Instead of panic I was expecting from her, she gave me silence. When I looked at her red cheeks, I knew it had something to do with her.

My nerves went cold. She knows. She knows something is wrong. Is she… Is she the traitor?

“Manny?” I asked my eyes wide.

She didn’t look at my eyes. “Sera, there is something I want to tell you.”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58.1K 1.4K 51
She was rejected by her mate His mate died in a fire She went strong cold after her rejection He went crazy after the fire She's a warrior He's an...
574K 17K 23
On the morning of her 21st birthday, Neera awakens to find her mate brand marks her as the Destined One for none other than the Alpha of her pack. Sh...
122K 5.6K 23
BOOK TWO IN THE MOON TRILOGY ☆~☆~☆ A weak she-wolf is stripped of her docile mother and her home by her power-hungry father. Her story further plunge...
154K 6.8K 56
'I watched as the beast above me disappeared...no longer a wolf or monster...he was a man. Golden eyes gazed at me from above as a whisper left his...