Get Your Paws off Me

By newslang

"As soon as his skin touched mine, I felt tingles explode all over my face. The tiny nerve endings sparking... More

Chapter 1: "What the hell are you doing Oliver?!"
Chapter 2: "Do you think about her a lot?"
Chapter 3: "I'm in"
Chapter 4: "Don't go too wild"
Chapter 5: "I know you're in there"
Chapter 7: "Oh! You like feisty do you?"
Chapter 8: "Don't ever call me sweetcheeks again"
Chapter 9: "You shouldn't be walking around half naked!"

Chapter 6: "I really don't think she's that sort"

1K 49 4
By newslang

Author's note:

Hi guys, so this in a different point of view to mix things up a bit! The next chapter will be in Lucas' POV aswell. Please VOTE or COMMENT if you like it. See ya x

(Eve on the right)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lucas' Point of View-

I woke up to the sound of my alarm clock ringing loudly in my ear. I groaned and sat up, ruffling my hair so that the dark strands exposed my eyes to the light peeping through the holes in my blinds. I squinted as I swung my legs over the side of my bed. 

I usually hated mornings but today was different. I was finally moving out of the pack house and into my univerity halls. It was about f*cking time too. I'd waited long enough to get out of  this place for a little while. Don't get me wrong, I love my pack. I mean, I was going to be Alpha in a few years so I had to have their best interests at heart, but I felt a bit suffocated and privacy was a rare thing, especially with the mind link. I was looking forward tobeing around people that didn't know my whole history and every little mistake I'd made.

It took a hell of a long time to convince my dad though. At first he thought that going to uni was pointless . He didn't think that medicine was a worthwhile investment of my time. The only way I convinced him to let me go was to promise him I'd come home on weekends for training and that I'd take up the position of Alpha as soon as I got my degree. It took weeks but I got there in the end, thank the lord.

After a huge yawn I grabbed a crumpled up pair of jeans and a blue converse t-shirt and shoved them over my bare chest and boxers. As a future alpha I was physically bigger than a lot of my other pack. At over 6 foot I towered over my future beta, Josh and a lot of my other friends. To be honest, I wasn't complaining. It meant people listened to what I have to say and the unmated females in my pack were always throwing themselves at me. Most of them were sluts, but a boy has his needs and I definitely had a reputation to uphold.

Knock knock. Speaking of sluts, Mia poked her head around my door.

"Hiii" She smiled, slyly batting her eyelashes. What was she doing? It looks like she's got something in her eye. "I was sent to get you up. Josh says he can give you a lift". She was still smiling at me and it was starting to creep me out. How was her jaw not aching?

"Thanks. I'll be right down". There was no way she was sent to get me. She would have jumped at the opportunity and desperately offered herself up for the job. She had kidded herself that we were in some form of relationship. In reality, I occasionally resorted to her if I really needed it and there was noone else available. I know, I know, people were always telling me to wait for my mate and all that sh*t but I couldn't see how one girl could really affect me that much. I'd heard all about it from my future beta Josh, who'd recently found his mate. I was there when he met her. It was a sickeningly cliched, movie-like eye lock across our local cafe. She was only supposed to be visiting for the summer and she's still here now, living in our pack house.

I know that my family would love it if I could find my mate but I was in no rush. At the moment I'm perfectly happy with how things are and I think that a mate would only get in the way of my ambitions. No way was I gonna turn into some whipped mutt like Josh.

Obviously during my internal monologue Mia had gotten bored and left. I quickly grabbed my suitcases that I'd packed the night before, brushed my teeth and pulled my cases out the door of my small, beige room. As I entered the corridor I scanned to my left and right. The corridor was full of doors, all entering to tens of rooms belonging to a pack member each. Some times this place felt like a prison. I turned to my right, dragging my belongings behind me and took two flights of stairs into our kitchen. I propped my bags by the entrance to the door and turned to see who was in the room.

"Hi bro" Josh patted me on the back on the way back from the fridge, bowl of cereal in hand.

"You still want that lift?" He enquired, exposing his half chewed mouthful of food. Nice.

"Yeah, cheers man. Where's Zoe?" I asked after his mate, it was weird not seeing them together. Ever since a couple of months ago when they had met they'd been glued at the hip. Yet another reason why I wasn't too keen on the whole mate idea, I need my space.  

"She's out shopping with Poppy". I nodded, those two got on really well and often went out together. Poppy was my older sister.  My twin sister, Eve, preffered to spend her time in the pack house with the other wolves, playing sports or watching films. I loved Poppy to bits but me and Eve got on better, we had similar interests and she was like one of the lads. 

Speaking of the devil, Eve hopped into the kitchen. Her blonde hair bobbing around.

"Hi guys!" She chirped "When are you leaving?" 

"In about half an hour. Last night dad told me he had a meeting first so he wanted me to wait 'til he'd finished so I could say goodbye" She nodded at my explanation and picked up a ripe, green apple from the fruit bowl in the middle of the counter. Just as she took her first bite there was a loud  knock at the door. I moved to get it but Eve jumped up first. 

"Don't worry about it, I'll get it!" She got up and made her way out of the kitchen and towards the front door. In the distance I could hear her pull the large door open. Muffled voices ensued and the sound of padding feet in the opposite direction. By the high pitch of the vioce and the light footsteps I assumed my father's guest was a girl. I wonder who she was? I noticed Josh slope out of the room, probably to get ready.

After grabbing some breakfast and lingering in the kitchen I finally heard the returning footsteps and the sound of the door swinging open.  My father's booming voice said farewell to his guest and closed the door. I heard him making his way in my direction and before I knew it my father was standing in front of me. With us both having alpha blood and all, we were around the same height. I got on well with my dad, we mostly saw eye to eye. The only thing he disagreed with me on was the people I slept with and my whole attitude towards mates. We'd let that go for now though, we were both tired of arguing over it.

"Who was that?" I asked him. Noone had actually told me who the guest was yet.

"A young she-wolf" He replied "She wanted permission to live on our land whilst she's at university". This captured my interest. I stood a little taller. Another wolf wanting to go to university was strange. Not many of us had ambitions outside of finding our mate and having children.

"Oh. What's she studying" My dad raised his eyebrows at this.

"Medicine. Why does it matter son? I really don't think she's that sort" He was smirking at me by now. So she was studying the same course as me, not that that meant much. Medicine was one of the larger classes and the liklihood that I would run into her was minimal.

However, I was slightly offended at his other comment. I'm not that much of a man-whore.

"I wasn't even thinking about that" I snapped bitterly. He just chuckled at my reponse.

"Lighten up son, you know I didn't mean it". I ignored him and moved towards my bags, I wanted to get going now. 

Jason, you ready? I spoke to him via our pack mind link. That was one of the best and worst things about being a werewolf. It was seriously useful until you had something to hide.

Yeah man, coming now I heard him banging down the stairs. When I turned around my mum, dad and Eve were lined up looking at me. My dad stepped forwards, clasped my hand leaned into a hug. I was hoping to avoid any teary goodbyes. It seems like that was about to go down the drain. My mum and sister enveloped me in a hug at the same time, squeezing the life out of me. I wrapped my arms round both of them whilst they snivelled into my chest.

"Bloody hell guys, I'm coming back every weekend, it;s not like I'm going to Australia or anything" I laughed at their red, blotchy faces as they pulled away, dabbing at their tears.

"I know, but I'll miss having you around all the time. You're my twin brother! What will I do without you" My sister smiled a watery smile at me.

"You can come visit me during the week aswell if you want sis" I hugged her again and looked at my mum. She was still weeping into a tissue.

"Don't worry about me mum, I can take care of my self" I grinned a  cheeky smile at her.

The small brown haired woman grabbed my cheeks. "I know you can. Look at how big you are, I'm so proud" I grinned even wider and picked up my bags. Unlike my dad, my mum was a lot more jokey and she loved our pack unconditionally. By this time Josh was standing by the entrance to the house, leaning against the wall and twirling his keys round his fingers.

I walked out of the pack house and slung my bags into Josh's car. Josh followed behind me, sliding his sunglasses onto his nose and waving to my family who where gathered by the entrance. I waved aswell and shouted a goodbye as I slid into the passenger seat.

As we drove away the three figures became small dots in the distance. The large imposing house also got smaller. I was going to miss that place. I'd spent almost every night since birth around my pack. I knew living with humans was going to be extremely different but I was hoping I'd enjoy it and I knew I'd see my family often enough. I looked over at Josh who was humming and tapping his fingers to a tune on the radio. I settled back into my seat ready to face the rest of the day. Heck, it couldn't be too bad, I might even be rooming with someone hot. Now that's be a bonus.

 Within half and hour, we were outside of my new flat and I was grabbing my bags out of the back of Josh's truck. I pulled up the handle of my case and thanked Josh.

"Cheers for the lift man" I grinned at him and pulled him in for a short hug. He returned the gesture and smiled at me.

"Any time bro. Now don't go doing anything I wouldn't do" He winked at me and began to roll his window up as he started the car off. I would genuinely miss Josh. He was my best fried, heck, I'd known him  since I was born. 

He drove off down the road we'd just come from. I watched his car disappear around the corner and then turned around and used my key to go into the building. Immediately I was hit with dozens of new smells. Most were human but i could also smell the familiar sharp aroma of bleach from freshly cleaned toilets, the bitter twang of plastic that made up half of the furniture in this place. I walked up the steps directly in front of me and was suddenly hit by and entirely new smell.

The smell of roses and freshly washed linen wafted from the top of the stairs. Wow. My mind became a complete and utter mess as the smell invaded my brain. I'd never smelt aything this good before and I had to see where it was coming from. As if I had no control over my own body, my legs started to move slowly up the stairs. It was like my body was being being pulled to the source of the smell. When I reached the top of the stairs, I looked around the room I was faced with. A small kitchen joined to a living room with several doors coming from the adjoined rooms. I did a quick scan, hoping to find the source of that scent but I saw nothing.

Shoot, I needed to find out what it was and I had no idea why. I took a large sniff and my wolf erupted. I felt such a huge pang of longing in my chest that it took my breath away. That was the moment that I realised that the smell was actually coming from behing me. 

In a split second I had whirled around and was faced with another brown door. It was slightly cracked open and as soon as my eyes settled on the open gap I realised it was getting smaller by the second. Wherever that amazing smell was coming from was in that room and I was just about to be shut out. I quickly lunged towards the door to stop it from being closed but just as I was about to jam my fingers in the small opening there was large BANG! 

Crap! I couldn't get in.  I banged on the door in fustration and leant my forehead against the wood. Sh*t. Inside, my wolf was howling and whimpering like there was no tomorrow.

What the hell is your problem? I asked, irritated that he was being so sulky and I had no idea why.

Have you seriously not worked out what that smell is yet?! He questioned me, incredulous. Apparently there was some glaringly obvious fact that I was missing. I started to get  a bit pissed off.

Well, Einstein over here obviously hasn't twigged, care to enlighten me? I shot back at him.

It's a four letter word beggining with M. He said patronisingly. I went silent, trying to think about what he was getting at. Within ten seconds, I'd twigged.

MATE?! That smell was a girl?! And she's my MATE?! What?!  It felt like my whole brain had exploded. I really hadn't bargained for this when I signed up for university, I didn't think there'd be any wolves, let alone my mate. I'd only just gotten my freedom and suddenly I was tied down by some pre-determined bond from the heavens. Perfect. 

I couldn't help be a little curious though. I wonder what she looked like. With a smell like that she must be hot, Seeing as mates are supposedly meant to be made for each other aswell, I would undoubtedly like her looks. With this in mind I rummaged around in my bag to find a piece of paper and a pen. I quickly wrote a short message on the paper and slotted it under her door grinning like a loon. 

I didn't really think my note would do anything, by the way she slammed her door earlier she wasn't exactly thrilled to see me either. In some ways, that made things easier. My wolf of the other hand really wasn't happy that there was a door seperating me and the mysterious girl on the other side.

After staring at the blank door for a good few minutes I realised that in order to see her, I was going to have to wait her out. With that I sat down with my back against her door and got ready for the moment when she'd have to come out. After all, with Alpha blood in my veins, there was noone more stubborn than me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

446K 14.6K 28
11:59 pm "5" "4" "3" They chanted counting down to the moment Ares will meet his mate. "2" "1" Sparks erupted in my heart making me gasp and fall ont...
626K 21.4K 51
I jumped to my feet and punched him in the side. There was hardly an effect. "You're weak" he spat, walking a step closer towards me. I growled as...
43.1K 1K 18
*Completed* (Previously known as 'Troublesome') "Mine!" I hear a husky voice coming from behind, making shivers run down my spine. I knew exactly who...
2.2K 118 36
Michelle's life was almost perfect. Loving family, great college, perfect grades, good friends, and a crush on one of the sweetest guys she's met. Th...