My Last First Love #Wattys2016

By sparkledelux

"The very thing that pulls them together could very well be the thing that destroys them." Kunbi and Kemi hav... More

The Beginning chapter 1
Blissful friendship (chapter 2) pic of Kunbi
I think you love him (chapter 3)
Bestie Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6 (picture of kemi
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Reconciliation Part 17
Chapter 18 - Redemption
Chapter 19
Part 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23- A Christmas to remember
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Announcement
Sequel

Chapter 11

243 16 3
By sparkledelux

"An I-pad" I said clutching the phone tighter "I want an I - pad dad"

I said to my dad over the phone. He sounded so excited, the business deal he went for was a huge success and he got signed with Julius Berger to work on a contract.

"Your mum told me you did so well in your mid semester" my dad said and I nodded even if it was obvious that he wouldn't see the nod.

"I am so proud of you darling and that's why I am going to get you an I-pad and a camera so you could keep that love for photography"

"Oh my God! " I screamed in excitement. "Thank you dad you are the best"

"Definitely I am the best when I am spending the money" he said sarcastically and I laughed.

"No dad you are always the best!"

"Okay can I talk to my husband now" my mum said from behind me.

"Bye dad! Love you " I said before handing the phone to my mum who rolled her eyes at me.

With excitement I ran up the stairs taking two steps at once.

Once in my room I plopped on the bed and sent a BBM message to Kunbi

"Guess who is getting an I-pad and a camera "
I typed and clicked send to Kunbi, watching as the message showed D

After a while, it changed to R and soon I got a reply.

"Really? Wow! Congrats....I am so taking the camera "

"Yeah Yeah! See you tomorrow" I typed and sent

"Dream of Me " Kunbi sent back immediately which made me blush before I switched of my phone.

I settled in my bed after turning off the light. I was definitely going to sleep well knowing that by the time I got back from school, my dad would be back with my gifts.

-----♡♡♡♡------

The third period we had right before the break was health, food and nutrition. It was an elective subject and I chose the class over Technical drawing, arts and agriculture.
I was very much interested in learning new cooking tricks and ways of balancing ones diet so it was a definite Yes for me unlike Kunbi who joined the class because it was populated by "beautiful girls who could cook" in his words. Tracey loved drawing so she chose art and her art works were usually displayed in the studio. She was really good at it.

I looked at him from the corner of my eyes and watched as he pretended to be interested in a girl's recipe because she was beautiful.

"Oh wow! Am sure that will taste delicious" I heard Kunbi say faking his interest.

"Really?" She shrieked "I will serve you some when I prepare it"

" can't wait" Kunbi said before winking at her. I just rolled my eyes and smacked his arm.

"Hey! What's that for"

"Would you stop mocking her?" I warned .

"Who told you I am mocking her" he smirked.

I raised an eye brow at him with a steady grin.

"Okay fine" Kunbi said raising his hands in surrender.

"When will your dad be back" he asked as I copied the note our teacher was jotting on the white board.

"Today" I flashed him a smile and he mirrored it with his.

"Good! Meaning my camera is coming too" Kunbi said before picking up his pen to Jot as well.

"Hahah! " I faked a laughter " your camera indeed"

"Ow now I know our friendship has boundaries" Kunbi said faking hurt as he shifted away from me to the other girl.

I just laughed at him and continued my note.
10 minutes had past before I got uncomfortable.

"What's wrong? " Kunbi asked when I shifted

"I don't know, just stomach cramps I said.

"Hmmmm!"

"What is 'hmm!'" I asked kunbi suspiciously.

"Nothing! Maybe it's your.." Kunbi said as he cocked his head to the left

"My??" I was confused at what he was trying to say. "Just say it already" I said.

Kunbi leaned in closer before he whispered "your period"

I couldn't help but laugh at the way he was uncomfortable saying such.

"No it's not " I said confidently and kunbi shrugged.

The class continued steadily unlike my stomach that kept hurting. By the time the bell rang for break, our teacher, a fat short woman had given us an assignment to submit the next class .

"Alot of assignments to do and we just finished mid semester" I said getting up to pack my books.
Kunbi was still sitted, taking his time to gather his things together.

"Are you coming?" I turned around to leave.

"Oh my God kemi!" Kunbi exclaimed and rushed to my back.

"Hey! What's that?" I was shocked at his actions.

"You need to sit down now! " he said urgently still standing behind me.

"What is it?" I was getting impatient with him.

He leaned in closer before whispering in my ears "you are stained"

My eyes popped open and I could feel the heat rush to my cheek. I was stained and Kunbi saw it. I felt like running out of the class but that was a bad idea considering the fact I was STAINED!

"Quickly before someone will see it" Kunbi said breaking my thoughts.
I couldn't believe I was worried about him seeing me like this while he was worried that other people will see me.
I let him usher me back to my sit carefully and while I sorted through my embarrassment, kunbi paced around trying to figure out how he would help me.

"I left my blazer in the class, you have to sit put kemi still I get it" he said and I nodded.
I watched him as he immediately started out of the health lab and turned back.

" Don't stand up he warned again. I will be quick"

After he disappeared through the door, I tried to call after him, inorder to tell him to call Tracey for me but he was gone.

I sat put in the lab, ignoring the faces of other students who were probably wondering why I wasn't leaving the lab. I was normally a shy girl who tried to avoid attention. It just so happened that my best friend was one of the most popular guys in school so somehow some of his attention rubbed off on me.

A couple of students waved at me and I forced a smile back at them before waving back.

Kunbi soon entered holding his blazer.

"Okay put this on" he instructed and I obeyed before I stood up from the sit. Kunbi was taller and bigger than I was so the blazer went past my hips covering the stain on my skirt.

Kunbi examined me before he said" now to clean this up"
I followed his eyes to where I was sitting and discovered I had stained it too. I was so embarrassed but Kunbi seemed so calm about it. He quickly left my side to get a little cloth and soapy water.

"Let me clean it " I offered immediately I was able to find my voice.

"No just relax I will do it" he turned down my offer and dutifully cleaned the sit.
After he put away the cloth and the bowl he came back to my side and led me to the sick bay.

"Am sure the nurse would have something for you" he said breaking the silence between us. I didn't say anything back, my mind was clouded with embarrassment and gratefulness to Kunbi.

He opened the door to the sick bay and pulled me inside with him.

As we got into the little bay with a big cabinet and two well laid beds, the nurse who was sitting at a table reading a magazine stood up and walked towards us.

"What is the problem" she asked with a kind smile.

"Ermm!" I murmured not able to explain to her even if she was a young woman. Maybe because Kunbi was beside me, I could say the words.

"She just started her... urmmm menstrual urrh" Kunbi stammered as he explained to the nurse for me. I could see he too was uncomfortable to tell the nurse.

"Ow! I see. " She finally said understanding the situation.

"Thank you.. For bringing her here...?" the nurse said enquiring his name.

"Kunbi!" Kunbi said offering his name.

"Yes kunbi, thank you. You could wait outside for your friend okay? ".

He nodded and began to leave as the nurse walked over to the cabinet and handed me a sanitary towel which I collected.

" Do you have cramps" the nice nurse asked and I nodded.
She got out two tablets and handed them to me with a glass of water.

"Thank you ma" I finally said collecting the Tablets and water.

"Call Me Hope." She smiled at me again and I smiled back at her.

I walked towards one of the beds and drew the curtain as I made use of the sanitary towel. Once I walked out, I washed my hands at the sink by the side before taking the tablets.

"Such a nice friend you have got there" she faced me " is he your boyfriend? "

"No he is not" I said with a small laugh.

"Okay but he sure does like you. I can't see it in his eyes and the way he cares for you"

" well, he is my best friend" I said shyly which made her laugh.

"I think it is more than that" she said under her breath but I still heard what she said.

"Okay you can get going now, before your break is over"

"Thank you ma" I said opening the door.

"Hope" she corrected cheerfully.

"Thank you miss Hope" I said. Which made her laugh.

On getting out, I saw Kunbi, leaning against the wall with one of his legs crossed over the other.

"Look at you... looking all cute " he teased and I frowned.

"Do you want to eat something" he asked,
I shook my head "I just want to go home"

That afternoon, immediately after classes were over, kunbi and I headed home. He even skipped his practice so I could get home quickly, considering the fact I was uncomfortable.
I peeled off my clothes and dumped them into my laundry basket for washing before I got Into a hot shower.
In 10 minutes, I stepped out feeling clean and better as I got dressed and crumbled on my bed.
I replayed the day's event in my head. I saw another side of Kunbi and I was charmed with the way he was calm about the whole situation. I couldn't believe he cleaned the sit I stained and took me to the sick bay.
He even spoke up for me when I couldn't and was there for me at a time when it was only Tracey I wanted to see.
The way he was so intense about the whole situation, it was as if he was doing it for his own benefit. It was hard to believe all that care was channelled towards me.
I shut my eyes as I remembered the smell of his blazer when I put it on. It had his cologne on it, mixed with the familiar scent I have come to know on him.
I rolled on my side, wishing he was here with me to wrap his arms around me and talk me through the throbbing pain I had.
I didn't just like Kunbi anymore, It was something deep and passionate. I was in Love with him! Every part of him I loved and I was willing to give Him my heart and time whenever he wanted it.

I let the smile creeping to my lips bloom, as I could imagine how he would tease me with it later.

"KEMI" I heard my mum call me faintly

"Mum?" I sat up on my bed as she pushed the door open.

"Mum! Are you okay? " I asked when I saw tears streaming down her face.

"I just got a call" she said with a shaky voice.
I slid down my bed before putting on my slippers.

"Your dad has been involved in an accident" she said before her voice broke with another round of sobbing.
I stopped in my tracks as I looked at my mum in disbelieve.

"Dad! ACCIDENT???" I crumbled to the ground and as my mum rushed to my side to embrace me, I let the tears flow.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

224 14 21
A great friendship between a girl and a boy but what happens when one of them like the other? What would happen to their friendship? Will it be destr...
378 46 25
people often ask me how love feels like, i could simply answer them that the definition of love is different for everyone, not just for different sto...
79 0 23
Hope spent the last four years abroad, finishing High School and achieving more than she ever really cared to achieve. Now that she's home, she has t...
9K 194 15
A pretty young girl and a handsome young boy living in the same appartment, why wouldn't they fall in love and have a happily ever after? Well, when...