Chapter 11

"An I-pad" I said clutching the phone tighter "I want an I - pad dad"

I said to my dad over the phone. He sounded so excited, the business deal he went for was a huge success and he got signed with Julius Berger to work on a contract.

"Your mum told me you did so well in your mid semester" my dad said and I nodded even if it was obvious that he wouldn't see the nod.

"I am so proud of you darling and that's why I am going to get you an I-pad and a camera so you could keep that love for photography"

"Oh my God! " I screamed in excitement. "Thank you dad you are the best"

"Definitely I am the best when I am spending the money" he said sarcastically and I laughed.

"No dad you are always the best!"

"Okay can I talk to my husband now" my mum said from behind me.

"Bye dad! Love you " I said before handing the phone to my mum who rolled her eyes at me.

With excitement I ran up the stairs taking two steps at once.

Once in my room I plopped on the bed and sent a BBM message to Kunbi

"Guess who is getting an I-pad and a camera "
I typed and clicked send to Kunbi, watching as the message showed D

After a while, it changed to R and soon I got a reply.

"Really? Wow! Congrats....I am so taking the camera "

"Yeah Yeah! See you tomorrow" I typed and sent

"Dream of Me " Kunbi sent back immediately which made me blush before I switched of my phone.

I settled in my bed after turning off the light. I was definitely going to sleep well knowing that by the time I got back from school, my dad would be back with my gifts.

-----♡♡♡♡------

The third period we had right before the break was health, food and nutrition. It was an elective subject and I chose the class over Technical drawing, arts and agriculture.
I was very much interested in learning new cooking tricks and ways of balancing ones diet so it was a definite Yes for me unlike Kunbi who joined the class because it was populated by "beautiful girls who could cook" in his words. Tracey loved drawing so she chose art and her art works were usually displayed in the studio. She was really good at it.

I looked at him from the corner of my eyes and watched as he pretended to be interested in a girl's recipe because she was beautiful.

"Oh wow! Am sure that will taste delicious" I heard Kunbi say faking his interest.

"Really?" She shrieked "I will serve you some when I prepare it"

" can't wait" Kunbi said before winking at her. I just rolled my eyes and smacked his arm.

"Hey! What's that for"

"Would you stop mocking her?" I warned .

"Who told you I am mocking her" he smirked.

I raised an eye brow at him with a steady grin.

"Okay fine" Kunbi said raising his hands in surrender.

"When will your dad be back" he asked as I copied the note our teacher was jotting on the white board.

"Today" I flashed him a smile and he mirrored it with his.