My Beautiful Fairytale

By grant-is-shook

"As I passed the silent group, a particularly attractive looking guy caught my eye in said group. He had beau... More

[1]: The beginning
[2]: Intrigue
[3]: Not Very Ideal
[4]: Lonely
[5]: Okay
[6]: I Admit It
[7]: Sharing
[8]: Glass
[9]: Maybe...
[10]: Crisy!
[11]: Road trip!
[12]: Beach
[13]: Aftermath
[14]: Birthday
[15]: Back to normal?
[16]: Polite
[17]: Surprise guest
[18]: Fear
[19]: Time
[21]: Broken
[22]: Out and about
[23]: Old friends
[24]: Healing
[25]: Alone
[26]: Regression
[27]: Cheers
[28]: Totally whipped
[29]: Four Years Later
New content :)

[20]: Support

11.3K 405 40
By grant-is-shook

[A/N: Friendly reminder that this story was edited and character names have changed! If you are lost you may want to go back a chapter to refresh :)

Kolya is now Kieran
Noah is now Niall
Krish is now Cris
Scorpio is now Sergio]

Niall POV:

A few hours later, the police showed up at my house to speak to me. They'd explained everything, from the drunk driver to the four car pile up he caused. They'd handed me a box of all the stuff that was on her and in her car, which I just put on the ground because I couldn't bear to look through it. The whole time, Kieran stood by my side, rubbing my back.

I eventually agreed to go with Kieran to his house. Cris said he'd bring the twins to Kieran's house later that night, and Maria said they'd be more than happy to let us stay.

I rode with Kieran silently, letting the radio's music fill the silence.

I felt a hand slip into mine, lacing our fingers and squeezing softly. Kieran's hand was so warm and inviting. I didn't need to look at him to let him know what I was thinking.

He brought my hand up and I felt his lips on the back of my hand. My eyes remained on my lap. There was no need for words. His lips lingered on my hand. Despite the despair wrapping around my heart like snakes, it still pounded. It told me I was still alive, so I didn't mind.

Kieran held me in his arms on the couch while we waited for Cris. I sat on his lap, facing him and my face buried in his shoulder. He was rubbing comforting circles into my back. I felt my eyes getting heavy, with sleep or with apathy, I couldn't tell and soon I fell into a very light asleep.

I heard someone enter the room, speaking with Kieran quietly. I felt Kier's voice vibrating in his chest, but chose not to hear him or the person. I wanted to go back to sleep, to escape the pain.

I felt a hand on my shoulder. "Niall, honey?" I recognized Maria's voice.

I opened my eyes, my head still nestled in his neck. I sat up a little, seeing Kieran's soft, sympathetic smile, though worry was evident in his eyes. I was laying against him on the couch, his arms still warming me. I turned around to see Maria giving me the same smile as Kier's. Or...he had her smile.

"Hm?"

"Cris and your siblings are here," she said. "They've been waiting for you."

I sat upright. Bailey and Sergio were there in an instant. Just as I sat up, the two little kids attacked me. I wrapped my arms around them, hugging them tightly and squeezing my eyes shut to force the tears away. I kissed Bailey's forehead and squeezed Sergio tighter.

"Niall," Lee whimpered. "Where's Mommy?"

"I don't know, Lee," I replied softly.

Sergio began to squirm slightly, so I released him. Lee stayed in my arms. I sat with my back against the couch and let Bailey get comfortable in my lap.

I heard the front door slam, "I'm here bitches!" A voice yelled. I recognized it as Alana's. Kieran cringed a little at her poor timing, but I honestly didn't mind her.

But, lo and behold, Alana stepped into the room, disregarding the solemn atmosphere. She sparked a conversation with Kier, Maria and Cris.

Bailey looked up at Alana curiously as she laughed with a nervous and solemn Cris. "Is she your friend too, Niall?"

"Yeah," I said dully. She didn't reply for a while. Just sat in my lap just as solemnly as Cris.

"Niall?" She asked suddenly.

"Hm?"

"What's a bitch?"

I choked on my own breath and covered my mouth to hide a laugh. I snorted behind my hand, momentarily forgetting my numbness and sadness.

"Lee, that's a bad word. Only adults are allowed to say that," I said seriously. Maria laughed softly.

"Why?" She asked innocently.

I paused, not able to answer that. "Because it's a bad word," I said slowly. Though it came out more like a question.

"But why is it a bad word?"

I sighed helplessly. "Just don't say that."

At almost midnight, Lee and Sergio collapsed on the floor, fast asleep wrapped in blankets like caterpillars in a cocoon.

I watched them from on the couch. Everyone else was still wide awake. We had to explain exactly what was going on to Alana, who was oblivious to everything. I couldn't help but stay in Kieran's arms, I had nowhere else to go. If I had a room, I'd lock myself in it.

At about one in the morning, Maria left the room; I was sure to go to bed. Alana had left a while ago.

"Niall?"

I didn't answer. I didn't have to. I knew he'd continue if I didn't answer.

"Do you want me to stay here?"

I tightened my grip on his shirt. I was holding onto him like he was my lifeline, which he probably was at this point. I didn't know how I was going to tell Bailey and Sergio that she was gone for good.

He pressed his lips to my forehead and relaxed. "Are you alright?" He whispered, watching me worriedly.

I tried to avoid his eyes, but couldn't bring myself to. "No."

He pressed his lips into a thin line. "Just relax. I won't move until you wake up."

I tried for a smile, but nothing happened. The last of my smile-energy was used up. I rested my head on his shoulder, closing my eyes and drifting off.

That morning I couldn't tell if I actually slept or not. There was nothing but blank when I thought back on it. I opened my eyes, seeing Kieran's neck. I tightened my fists and pressed my face against his chest. He was awake already, and he hugged me tighter and kissed my forehead.

I could hear movement in the kitchen and dining room, I guessed the others were awake as well. I couldn't hear Bailey or Sergio's breathing.

"Niall?" I heard Maria asked. "Are you hungry,
sweetie? I'm making breakfast."

"Yes, thank you," I said quietly. I didn't realize how hungry I was, but my stomach was burning. Kieran rubbed soothing circles in my back. I didn't want to move though.

I didn't even get to introduce him to her as my boyfriend.

I felt my eyes tearing up. Why did she have to die? Why did she have to leave us like this? I tightened my grip on his shirt to get my breathing under control. Why did someone have to take her away?!

"What's wrong?" Kieran asked gently, feeling my grip tighten as my body shook

"I never got to introduce you as my boyfriend," I said shakily. "S-she won't see the twins graduate, o-or any of us getting married, or—" I choked up. She'd never see any of that. I'd always seen her being there but...now she wouldn't be.

"I know it may not help, but I'm sure she can see you right now," He said, smiling sadly. It didn't help, but I appreciated him trying. After a few seconds, he sat up, bringing me with him. "Come on, let's go eat. I'm starving, and I'm sure you are too."

"When are you not?" I asked, half jokingly. He smiled and stood up, stretching. I followed behind him, into the kitchen, dragging the blanket Kieran wrapped me in with me.

The kitchen was nearly silent. Save for the pots and pans Maria was moving around.

"Ny-Ny!" Bailey said, looking at me with a wide smile. "Look! We're having pancakes!"

I smiled at her. Her cheerfulness was refreshing, but it made me feel worse that I'll have to crush it eventually. I shook myself out of that and looked at Maria. "You wouldn't mind making eggs as well, would you? Sergio won't eat pancakes."

"Sure, of course," she said, already getting out more eggs.

Sergio didn't look up when I said his name, because he was too busy drawing. I sat next to him, getting his attention.

"When are you going to let me see your drawings?" I asked. He looked at me and hesitantly brought his arm away from the little sketch book. I frowned at it a little.

It was me, but I was sad. Sergio was next to me, looking at me sad.

I pursed my lips, holding back more tears. Oh god, how would I tell them?

I took the page and flipped it over. "Let's draw something else," I looked around and smiled. "Here, draw Kieran. Kieran sit down," I pointed across the table in front of Sergio, who nodded with a slight grin and started. I smiled half-heartedly at Kieran and he smiled back. Bailey was still standing by my side.

"Ny-Ny, can I go to dance class today?" She asked, pulling on my shirt sleeve.

"Shit, I forgot that's today," I said, covering my face and desperately holding back tears. I was so overwhelmed, I couldn't take it. Kieran put his hand on my shoulder. "Kieran might have to take you, though. My car's still at our house."

"Don't worry," Maria said. "You can go with them. Sergio and I'll have a good time here. Right Sergio?"

Sergio looked up and nodded with a small smile. But he went back to drawing.

"What time does it start?" Kieran asked, trying not to move too much.

"At noon. We've got two hours. I hope June won't say anything about her not having a uniform," I replied.

We all heard the door open in the foyer. "Maria, Kieran, I'm home," Mr. Kent called.

"Hello, dear. How was work?"

"I hate late night shifts," he said, walking into the room. "Oh, hello Niall," he noticed the twins, looking at them curiously. "When did we get more kids?"

"Clay, this is Bailey and Sergio. Niall's siblings," Kieran said. "We had an...incident."

"Oh? What happened?" He asked.

"Oh, y'know..." I said, trailing off, unable to get the words out. Out of the corner of my eye, Maria was violently gesturing a big "don't."

He stayed silent. Sergio looked up from his sketch book and Bailey looked up from her hands and stared at Clay with wide little eyes.

The silence in the room was deafening, save for the sizzling of the eggs. There wasn't much to say, I trusted Maria would tell Clay later.

I finally smiled, looking at Maria. "You don't happen to have anything Bailey can borrow for dance, do you?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

397K 12.4K 23
Liam Green, an alpha with a secret who's ready to give up on the idea of finding his mate after 6 years of searching. Finely Floyd, a grade A asshol...
494 1 29
He wasn't letting go of my wrist. Maybe he was scared I would run away if he did. - "It's okay, you don't have to say anything Sean" I cut him off. "...
58.7K 3K 15
WARNING: I seriously hate this story. Read at your own risk. It CLEARLY gets better with each chapter, as my writing skill improved- but it starts wi...
679 122 29
Fred is your typical teenager; moody, has low-self esteem, and is really bad at math. The only thing that makes him different from the other guys is...