[15]: Back to normal?

[A/N: Friendly reminder that this story was edited and character names have changed! If you are lost you may want to go back a chapter to refresh :)

Kolya is now Kieran
Noah is now Niall
Krish is now Cris
Scorpio is now Sergio]

Niall POV:

A few days passed since the beach and the incident but despite that, the guys really enjoyed the weekend we'd had. Garrett was all over the news, as he'd...kind of appeared in public and I may or may not have caused the scene, but no one who was there recorded the encounter. Thankfully the police had taken my statement and everything, and my mom was told about the whole situation. She said she demanded them to keep us all anonymous so hopefully they never would give out our names because I would rather die than be known at school as the kid who almost beat a guy to death.

Not that I'd care, I had my friend group, but kids were ruthless so I'd rather just not let that be a thing.

And despite it all...it was back to school. Ugh, how boring. I could say that was the most enjoyable spring break I'd had, and all great things must come to an end, right?

I put my car in park and entered the building. Ah, the loud bustling of teenagers...how I didn't miss this. I walked past my locker, opting to just carry my bag today. I really didn't have much to put in there anyway.

Once the five minute bell sounded, kids started rushing to get to their class on time. I honestly stopped caring about making it on time, it was their fault for making my classes so far apart, and meandered down the hall.

"Niall," I heard from behind me and turned to Isaiah's voice.

"Hey, you're coming in late too?"

"Yeah," he said, rubbing the back of his neck. I could've sworn I saw something on his neck, but I couldn't see it very well and opted to ignore it. "Slept through my alarm. Y'know how it goes."

"Yeah, I get it," I said, really not wanting to go to class. "You have a late arrival though, don't you?"

"Yeah," he shrugged, then grinning. "I like coming in for study hall though, it's more quiet in the library."

"Fair enough," I replied. "Well, I gotta get to class before my teacher kicks my ass. I'll see you Zay."

"See you, Niall."

After my first period, I had to walk to the far east side of the building for my next class and mentally groaned. It's so fucking far but at least it was relatively close to the cafeteria and lunch was right after, so it wasn't all bad.

I spotted Kieran down the hall and smiled, waving at him. He grinned and met me at the intersecting halls.

"How's it feel to be 18 in a sea of 17 year olds?" he asked jokingly.

"I'm not 18," I said, smiling endearingly.

"What? You're 17!?"

"No, dumbass, I'm 19," I said, laughing at him.

He stared at me, then smiled a little. "You're older than me and still in school?"

"I had to stay back a year, okay?" I pouted, looking up at him. "So what if I'm a super-senior?"

He laughed, drawing a reluctant smile to my face. His laugh was so cute, I couldn't not smile with him. "Nothing wrong with it, I just think it's cute that you're older than me."

"Shut up," I mumbled, shoving his arm. "I can be mature when I need to be."

"I know, I just like teasing you," he said, humming as he walked off towards his next class.