He's My Cousin!

By bittenapple

Aya Salvatorre suddenly woke up one morning realizing that she has fell in love with her own cousin, Paolo. W... More

HE'S MY COUSIN!
[Ch.1] Reunion
[Ch.2] His Room
[Ch.3] Just One Smile
[Ch.4] Friends
[Ch.5] Kuya
[Ch.6] Brownies at Pandesal
[Ch.7] Saturday
[Ch.8] Coffee Shop
[Ch.9] Best Friend
[Ch.10] Paolo and Abby
[Ch.11] I Will.
[Ch.12] Promenade
[Ch.13] Magician's Tale
[Ch.14] Questions
[Ch.15] Obscured Hearts
[Ch.16] When jealousy strikes.
[Ch.17] Happy Birthday.
[Ch.18] One month.
[Ch.19] Separate Lives
[Ch.20] He's back!
[Ch.21] He's back, too!
[Ch.22] Mended Gap
[Ch.23] Military Code of Secrecy (Part I)
[Ch.23] Military Code of Secrecy (Part II)
[Ch.24] Finally Forbidden
[Ch.25] 'Til My Last Breath
[Ch.26] Avoided Schism
[Ch.27] Blessing
[Ch.28] Cryptic Puzzle
[Ch.29] Seizing Vindication
[Ch.30] Alpha
[Ch.31] Boundary
[Ch.32] Paolo's Girlfriend
[Ch.33] His Reason
[Ch.34] Decision
[Ch.35] When Tears Fall
[Ch.36] Chained Hearts
[Ch.37] Patched Up
[Ch.38] First Day
[Ch.39] Fate
[Ch.40] Suicide Mish
[Ch.41] Chance
[Ch.42] Push and Pull
[Ch.43] Go home.
[Ch.44] Same Girl
[Ch.45] Watching You
[Ch.46] Come Back Home
[Ch.47] Promise
[Ch.48] Stay
[Ch.49] Giving In
[Ch.50] Taking Sides
[Ch.51] Outset of Hostility
[Ch.52] Backfire
[Ch.53] Losing You
[Ch.54] Choose Me
[Ch.55] Only One For Me
[Ch.56] Tell Me
[SS.2] The Lost History
[Ch.57] Stop
[SS.3] Jiro (Part 1)
[SS.3] Jiro (Part 2)
[Ch.58] Best Man
[Ch.59] Tying Up Loose Ends (Part 1)
[Ch.59] Tying Up Loose Ends (Part 2)
[Ch.60] My Once Upon a Time
Epilogue
[Book 2] Please read! For you who loved Paolo :)

[SS.1] What Happened in California

3.4K 49 17
By bittenapple

Few Reminders: (Chos)

1. This isn’t really a part of the story. What I mean is, you may go on to the next chapter without reading this. This part is a side story; it will tell you what happened in California, specifically to Ian. It might also give you some hints on what may happen in the story per se. Reading this one is not a requirement to understand the story though.

2. I used 3rd person point of view even though I suck at it because, I think it’s comfortable writing this part using that. Just this part.

3. I know there are mistakes down there. Those were just leftovers of my Bio days. Feel free to correct them if you find them wrong. :)

4. I had the plan of making this one private, but instead of doing so… I made sure I made that part “clean” na lang dahil wala naman sa theme ng HMC iyon. I don’t want to give you guys the hassle if I put this one on private. May isip na kayo, you know what you're doing.

5. Dedicated kay Tartel Ariane dahil nagpuyat siya para matapos basahin updates ko! I love you tartel! Happy 8th katartels. (late >.<) I love you three! ♥

Pagbigyan ang mahabang AN xD

[SS.1] What Happened in California

January 8

Los Angeles, California

Loyola Marymount University

“Ian!” rinig ni Ian na tawag sa kanya ni Sandrine. For how many weeks that they have known each other, Ian was able to familiarize Sandy’s voice in just that small span of time because he’s always with her. Sa lahat ng taong nakasasalubong niya sa Loyola Marymount University, si Sandrine ang pinaka-welcoming sa kanila. Sa tagal din nilang nakapag-usuap ay nalaman ni Ian na mag dugong Pilipino pala ang dalaga. Her mom is actually a pure Filipino who worked as a domestic helper in Canada—there her mom met Sandrine’s father. She’s half-Filipino. Hindi nga lang evident dahil mas dominant ata talaga ang alleles ng banyaga nitong ama.

Ngayon, after how many months—masasabi ni Ian na si Sandrine ang pinakamalapit sa kanya sa pamantasang iyon. With Sandy’s help, Ian was able to adapt easily with the sudden metamorphose of culture he had to countenance. Culture shock— many Filipinos tend to experience this when they go to other countries in the different parts of the globe. Sandy helped him to get acquainted with other university students, too. Sandy became his good friend as time passed by. She eased the sadness and despondency Ian was feeling while he was away with his family and his girl, Ayanna.

“Sandy,” he smiled to her. At first, Ian really assumed that Sandrine was that of a flirty type-lass, considering the fact that she was brought up in a liberated community but, when Ian was able to get to know her, he began to envisage that that was just Sandy’s personality or her way of welcoming a newly-found friend. Sandrine’s okay, he thought.

On the other hand, Sandrine could be best described as a pulchritudinous lady. She has long gamboge hair with side swept bangs that runs down her shoulders. She got glossy chestnut-eyes you couldn’t combat not to look at. Her eyes with her slightly arched eyebrows are very allusive that would condone you to get to know her more. Sandrine’s heart-shaped lips also have its own charisma every time it curves to a smile, most especially when she’s with the lad, Ian. Maybe these assets of her made Ian let himself to get close to her. She’s a convivial and a genial girl after all.

“Where do you think you’re going? You didn’t wait for me!” she crossed her arms. Napahawak na lang si Ian sa batok niya. He was actually planning to call Ayanna, his girlfriend who happened to be in the Philippines. That was why he planned to go forth to the dormitory without waiting for Sandrine. Sandrine knew about Ayanna and that assured Ian that Sandrine would not think that letting himself be close to the latter is something more than a friendship.

“I thought you’re already home.” Yes, they have considered their dormitory as their ‘home.’ Sa loob ng halos walong buwan nang namamalagi si Ian dito ay natutunan niya ng mabuhay ng kung paano siya namumuhay sa Pilipinas. Sumakatuwid, he learned to consider Los Angeles as his home. Thanks to Sandy for that.

“Nah!” lumapit sa kanya si Sandrine. Hinawak nito ang kamay niya sa braso ni Ian. Bigla namang siyang nakaramdam ng pagkailang. Ian was still not comfortable every time Sandrine becomes precarious. Kahit kasi wala siya sa paningin ni Aya ay gusto niyang manatiling matapat sa kasintahan niya. Alam niyang wala namang masama sa paghawak sa kanya ni Sandy ngunit may parte sa kalooban niya na nagsasabing hindi tama iyon. He’s still a guy after all and the mere fact that his girlfriend is away from him adds up to any possibility between Sandy and him crossing the line. Ian didn’t have the plans of fooling Ayanna, that’s a fact. He’s just making sure, by recoiling that uncomfortable things Sandy’s doing, that there won’t be any urge for him to fall for that lass.

“Let’s go?” Sandrine asked. Ian gave him a faint smile. Sandrine has always liked Ian since the very first time she saw him. He seemed to protrude above the rest—possibly because he has a different nationality, making his physical features and personality different from the whole flock. His obsidian black eyes seemed to be very apprehensive with what was happening in his ambient. Sandrine always loves to look at those.

Sabay silang pumunta sa dormitory nila.

“It’s my birthday on the 13th, be sure you’ll be there okay?” Sandrine smiled at him before entering the girls’ building.

“Where do you mean by ‘there?’”

“I’ll see you tomorrow, Ian!” sagot nito sa kanya. Okay.

Habang papalakad palayo ang dalaga ay tinignan lamang siya ni Ian. Napansin ni Ian na para bang nadagdagan ang timbang ng dalaga. Wala lang, napansin lamang niya na parang lumapad ang balakang nito at ang lakas nitong kumain pag break time nila dahil nga magkasama sila.

Magkahiwalay ang istrakturang para sa mga babae at para sa mga lalaki sa Marymount, natural dahil nga tulad ng JMU, ang Marymount ay tinatag din ng mga Heswita. Hinatid ni Ian si Sandrine sa harap ng building ng dorm nito tska siya umalis at pumunta sa kwarto niya sa kabilang building, katabi ng kina Sandrine. Nasa ikatatlong palapag ang kwarto niya dahil ito ang pinili niya.

Kinuha ni Ian ang kanyang telepono at di-nial ang numero ni Ayanna. Kahit na may kamahalan ang laging pagtawag sa dalaga dahil nga international call iyon ay hindi ito iniintindi ni Ian basta ang importante ay marinig niya ang boses nito.

“Hello, Ian!” agad na napangiti si Ian nang marinig niya ang boses ni Aya. He elucidates in his mind the smile, as well as the jauntiness and solace in her russet-brown eyes if he could have seen her.

“Baby,” malambing na tawag ni Ian sa kanya. “Kelan ang orientation niyo?” tanong niya rito. Ian didn’t know why but the squint memory of their past promenade touched his mind. The first kiss they had. The first dance they have shared. Oh, how enthralling that night was for the both of them, or should I say just for Ian?

“January 14 dito, hindi naman ako pupunta,” sagot ni Aya sa kanya.

“Bakit? Chance mo na rin yun para makakita kung saan mo gusto!” sabi ni Ian. Iyong orientation kasi ay ginagawa sa mga fourth year high school students. Kung tutuusin nga ay parang fieldtrip na ito—ang kinaibahan nga lang ay puro mga university ang pupuntahan nila. Syempre, magkokolehiyo na sila sa susunod na akademikong taon.

“Eh hindi naman ako nakapasa sa State U, kaya dito na lang din ako sa JMU magco-college. Malapit pa!” sagot ni Aya kay Ian. Napagdesisyunan na nilang dalawa ni Ella sa JMU pa rin hanggang kolehiyo. Si Liz naman ay sa Eton State University papasok.

“Sabagay. Bakit hindi ka nag-try sa ibang university? Like Harrington?”

“Eh! Parehas lang naman ng standards ang JMU at Harrington! Dito na lang ako para may loyalty award,” tumawa siya mula sa kabilang linya. Napangiti na naman si Ian ng dahil doon. For the past months, Aya has been trying her best to consolidate her contemplation to his boyfriend despite the fact she is still attracted to her cousin, Paolo, who happens to live with her in the same house in Manila, Philippines.

“Dahil tambay naman ako sa 14, date na lang tayo!” And Ian knew what she meant by that ‘date.’ She meant date, yeah, date… through skype. Napangiti na naman si Ian ng dahil doon. This girl never fails to make his day. “Oh ano, ayaw mo? Maghahanap na lang ako ng ibang ka-date!”

“Syempre naman gusto ko, sino pa nga ba’ng date mo, dapat ako lang!” They giggled in unison. Hearing them talk with each other… it really conveys the impression that they are in love but, that is not really like that… or should I say, it’s not enough to be just in love like that?

Love goes beyond caring for another person. It was never easy to explain love--- it will never be easy to explain it. Figuratively, we can say that love is a heterogeneous mixture of the auxiliary and subservient constituent encompassing that mere lub-dub in your heart that spurs you to care and protect for a person. Love’s such a broad thing!

We can also say that… Love is the offshoot of the dense cluster of nerves in the hypothalamus-- the subcortial center for regulation of parasympathetic and sympathetic activities-- where chemicals, sometimes referred as ‘love chemicals’ but scientifically known as phenylethylamine, are sent in the pituitary gland. Consequentially, the pituitary gland disperses these chemicals in the human’s bloodstream. The sex gland then perpetrates causing the heartbeat to become rapid. And before you know it… dude, you are in love!

Bottom line, to be in love is merely a period where the brain enters its distinct neurochemical state. To stay in love with the same person for a long time is a different story.

January 13 (Los Angeles)

Calling… Sandy. Ian was woken up from his slumbers when his phone rang. Pupungas-pungas siyang tumayo mula sa higaan at kinuha ang telepono na nasa lamesa niya. Tinignan niya ito at hinilamos ang palad niya sa kanyang mukha.

“Hello, Sands.” Halos wala pa siya sa sarili niya nang sagutin niya ang tawag na iyon.

“Don’t forget, huh, later—5 PM. I’ll be expecting you there at the lobby!” Sandrine reminded him. Napag-usap-usapan kasi nila na magkita-kita na lang at magpasundo sa tiyuhin ni Sandrine. Mahaba-habang byahe rin kasi Los Angeles papuntag San Francisco.

“Yeah, yeah. Happy birthd---“ Hindi na natuloy pa ni Ian ang sasabihin niya dahil in-end na ni Sandrine ang tawag. Napakamot na lamang si Ian at muling bumalik sa kama niya at natulog. May exams kasi sila kahapon at talaga namang napuyat siya sa pag-aaral para sa asignaturang iyon.  Ian promised himself that he’ll extract his mind to the fullest just to make sure he’ll maintain his grades. Kahit naman kasi may problema sila sa pamilya nila ay matatag ang loob ni Ian na hndi ipagsawalang bahala ang edukasyon. Besides, it’s for his sake.

4:30 PM (Los Angeles time) ay pumunta na si Ian sa lobby bitbit ang kanyang mga gamit. Plano kasi nilang mag-overnight sa bahay ng tiyuhin ni Sandrine sa San Francisco bilang selebrasyon sa 18th birthday ng dalaga. 5:00 PM ay sumakay na sila sa sasakyan nina Sandrine, kasama syempre ang iba pa nilang mga kaibigan. Kahit papaano ay hindi naman ganun kagulo sa loob—kaya nga pinili ni Ian na mag-aral sa Katolikong unibersidad.

Pasado alas dyes na ng gabi ng makarating sila sa San Francisco. Agad nilang napansin na ang ayos-ayos na ng lugar at pinaghandaan para sa kaarawan ni Sandrine.

“We’ll be goin’ to Phoenix. We’ll be right back tomorrow afternoon. Be good, gals and guys, okay?” Irish, Sandy’s aunt, reminded them. Inantay lamang kasi sila nito upang magbilin kay Sandrine. Isa pa, ayaw naman nina Irish at Tom na makigulo pa sa ‘debut’ ng dalaga.

January 14

4 PM (Philippine time) [Los Angeles: 1 AM Jan 14]

Manila, Philippines

“Ba’t kanina ka pa na nagmamaktol diyan?” puna ni Paolo kay Ayanna na kanina pa nakaharap sa laptop nito. Diba nga’t napag-usapan nila ni Ian na may ‘date’ sila sa araw na ‘yon. Ilang beses na niyang sinedend-an ng message si Ian pero wala pa rin itong sagot. Syempre, he’s having a good time with his friends… pano nga naman ba niya maaalala?

Aya glared. “Pake mo ba?”

“Sa tingin mo tama ka niyan? Anong oras ba ron ngayon? 11 PM? 1 AM? 2 AM? Hindi lang sa’yo iikot ang mundo niya, Princess,” pagdadahilan ni Paolo kay Aya. Ito ang mga panahon na pinipilit ni Aya na maging normal na lang sila ni Paolo, yung bang magpinsan lang sila. She succeeded in a way… just that moment. Malay ba niyang mangyayari ang lahat?

“Hindi naman iniintindi nun kung anong oras sa kanila ngayon, ang iniintindi nun eh kung anong oras ngayon dito at kung sino ang naghihitay sa kanya.” And she was right, Ian’s like that… supposedly.

“And you’re telling me that you love him? Oh crap, mahal mo nga siya. Iniisip mo kasi ‘yung sarili mo,” Paolo uttered sarcastically. Then it hit Aya. All along, she was selfish. She always thinks of what Ian was doing for her. Kahit alam niyang minsan parang ang ‘selfless’ na ni Ian para sa kanya. She never knew Paolo could be that way. Hindi niya alam na kay Paolo pa niya mare-realize ang bagay na iyon.

Nainis siya kay Paolo, alright, dahil alam niyang tama ito… kaya umakyat na lamang siya sa kwarto niya.  Sa kabilang dako naman, hindi man lamang naalala ni Ian ang nakatakdang araw na iyon dahil nasanay na siya sa petsa sa Los Angeles. Ang buong akala niya ay bukas pa sila ‘magde-date’ ni Aya.

“Kahit anong mangyari… Hihintayin ko si Ian. Hihintayin ko siya, kahit umabot pa ng madaling araw o umaga… Hihintayin ko siya.” sabi niya sa sarili niya. She did just like what she have said.

January 14

3:42 AM [Manila: 6:42 PM]

San Francisco, California

“Are you crazy? It’s my birthday! Lemme do what I want!” Sandrine stated as she was dancing in front of Ian--- more like seducing him. She was caressing the different parts of his body. She sways and glides her hands—such a celestial magnificent diversion.

Sandrine was indeed drunk. Pati si Ian ay naka-inom na rin kaya todo iwas ang ginagawa niya ngayon dito. Sa totoo nga ay mas maraming nainom na alkohol si Ian kaysa kay Sandrine. He knew what possibly might happen.

“Sands!” suway niya. He knows to himself that he’s drunk. He doesn’t sense anything good will happen if this behavior of Sandrine continues. Lalaki siya, minsan kahit gaano ka-loyal pa iyan… nabubulag din. Or should I say, nawawala sa sarili?

“I love it every time you call me that way,” she said as she pulled Ian closer to her. Ian was totally shocked by what Sandrine was doing. She was wearing a lustrous skin-tight black apparel which was above her belly button and shorts which was just about a hand span, matched with her fishnet pantyhose, bra straps peeping, bloody red lipsticks on... He’s doomed! Nagpasama kasi si Sandrine sa kwartong iyon mga ilang minute na ang nakalilipas dahil magbibihis nga raw siya. Nagulat na lamang siya nang paglabas nito sa banyo ay ganoon na ang kasuotan ng dalaga.

“Sands, please, you’re drunk…”

“I’m not, baby.” Hindi niya alam kng bakit ngunit parang nakita niya sa dalaga si Aya noong mga oras na banggitin nito angkatagang ‘baby.’ Ito nga kasi ang tawag niya kay Ayanna.

“Baby,” ulit ni Ian. Napangiti siya kahit wala siya sa sarili. “I miss you so much, baby,” sabi pa niya na tila si Ayanna ang kausap niya.

And with that… he was out of his own mind.

Ian held Sandrine’s waist and hauled her nearer. He then claimed for her lips. His left hand roamed around her body, squeezing her left bosom that made her moan. Every touch Ian was giving ignites her flesh.

“I’ve been dying to kiss you again, baby.” And he was indeed out of his mind. He wouldn’t have dared to say that without the booze. Kung wala lang talagang bahid ng alcohol ang sikmura niya, kahit si Aya man ang kaharap niya o hindi… hindi niya iyon gagawin. He was aware of what he was doing, but he has no control about it. Kusang gumagalaw ang mga kamay niya… ang katawan niya. He was already half-naked; Sandrine unbuttoned his polo a little earlier.

He cupped her left cheek and pinched it lightly, making the lass secede to the kiss. Seeing her mouth susceptible, he grabbed the chance to lean closer and gave her a deep and sensual kiss, he could even feel her breasts on his abdomen and his tongue gained entrance to her mouth, sensing each pleasure the kiss was constantly giving the both of them. Likewise, with that physical closeness they have, Sandrine could feel his bulge between his legs. And in fact, it made her giggle.

She gasped for air, “I told ‘yah! You’ll like me… and you’ll love this…” Tinulak ni Sandrine si Ian pahiga sa kama. The next thing she did was to unclothe herself in front of this lad. He saw it… her enticing yet not so firm bosom… her alluring and flawless hour-glass body… her long precious pale legs. Ian pulled her nearer again. He kissed her forehead, her nose and then her lips.

“You’re hot,” he said in a husky voice as he was nibbling her clavicle that made her moan in gusto. Sandrine then clung to his nape and brushed his hair using her fingers.

“You’re just too preoccupied to realize that a little earlier,” she whispered while unbuckling his pants. “But I’ll make sure you won’t forget this one, baby.”

And everything remains a history.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

405K 4.3K 55
Si Zabyne ang kabaliktaran ng ideal girl ni Marco...Si Marco ang lalaking hinabol-habol noon ni Zabyne kung saan ginawa niya ang lahat makuha lamang...
1.3M 8.2K 20
A kamote story. A love story with a lot of cheesy kamote scenes and of course it has a kamote ending. In short, it is a kamote love story.
371M 8.9M 100
This work of fiction may include potentially disturbing readings, scenes and discussions around topics such as sexual, self-harm, physical violence...
1.9K 63 5
ATTENTION: Please only proceed if you already finished reading Undercover Queen (Book 2 of Undercover Chic) This is just a one-shot story of what hap...