Zombie Infection (World's End...

By DevinMireles

;It's not safe anywhere any more. There is no cure there is no food left for us to eat. We can't keep living... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve

Chapter eight

27 5 0
By DevinMireles

        ***Nine months later***

Alexis P.O.V

    "James, come on," Everything since that night has changed. The person who danger Katherine's life was now in our group and of course since that night Zack has changed also, "She's up and talking," Brandon came running out of her room. He was that young man, who shot her but he's made up for it, and he's even fallen in love with her. Zack on the other hand has become angered and tried killing her; if it wasn't for Brandon she would be dead like Mia and the baby. About two weeks ago Mia went into labor; little did we know that they would both turn into walkers. It had killed all of us to put them out, but James took it to the heart considering that was the mother of his child. Katherine has become different too. She doesn't talk nor does she even dare touch a gun, it's like something in her shut off her fighting mode.

     I have been trying to help Trey keep the group together, but we all seem to be losing ourselves slowly. After Mia and the baby, you could feel the change in everyone; it was like our eyes opened up and saw what this world can really do. To be honest; with Katherine out of it and Brandon falling in love with her, it seems to be the only way to keep Trey and I calm knowing she's safe. Putting aside the fact that we've been holding up in a house far out in the country, things seem to be okay.

      "Alexis, Kat is waking up," Brandon smiled as he pulled me towards the room Kat was in, "Katherine, look it's your sister," Brandon was cheerful and hopeful at the same time when he spoke to her, all I could do was fake like I was happy. All I want is for the old Kat to come back.

      "Kat, are you hungry or need anything to drink?" I asked as I sat by her holding her cold hand in mine, "She still isn't eating," Brandon said as he looked at the floor, "It's okay, she will soon," I said looking at him. I found it funny how the man who tried killing her fell in love with her. Even though he swore he changed James keeps an eye on him hoping and waiting for him to mess up so he can kill.

      James has been the worst beside Kat. He has grown with anger and become even more suicidal over the past few weeks. Every day he goes out and bashed the walkers heads in over and over till there is nothing left, he even tried killing Trey once when he said Mia's name. His eyes changed, it was like the sweet, nice, caring James was gone and a new person came to life. It was a sight that feared us all. Sometime he talks and sometimes he's too mad to even sit. Though I understand, losing your baby and girlfriend during all this when you have no one else it has to kill a person to the point of no return. But looking back, Mia had told him she didn't want him this way, the days when she was only growing bigger; she loved him and the baby to the fullest. Then the day came and for sixteen long ours she yelled in pain and James cried for her. Then the baby killed her ripping her apart as the baby held onto a part of her inside. Crazy enough James held the baby then shot her. Everything after that went downhill.

       So now we're all here, in this house waiting for something to happen that will make everything better. Waiting for Kat to come back, and for someone or something to bring back James and Zack to the way they were before everything happens. We sit here every day waiting for life to change, we wake up and nothing happens. We are stuck with the life and death is tearing us apart and eating away at our heart. So how much longer will it be till everyone dies and Earth is fully taken over by walkers?

      "Kat, you have to come back," I whisper as I hold her hand close to my chest, "We all need you Kat, find your way back to us," The sight of Kat brought to tears, I felt like she was locked away somewhere in her head and she couldn't break out. Maybe it was her time to die and maybe I should left her there to die, but I couldn't, not after everything we went through. Since day one, she has been there for me and always protecting me. Now it's my turn to keep her safe until she comes back.

Trey P.O.V

           We are in a complete loss. Kat is gone and Alexis is crazy enough to think she's going to come back, I fucking knew that kid was going to bring us apart the second he grabbed Kat. Even then Kat still put up a fight, but the second that gun went off everyone knew the truth, and the truth was a living hell. Of course for months we had been fighting and keeping her safe just like she took care of us, but chances of her waking up we're now down to five percent.

            Then the kid Brandon came with us, now he's on our side and is also in love with Kat, while Zack on the other hand tried killing her three times already. It was crazy to me how someone like her and can change everything and bring everyone down to their lowest. I can see how Alexis and Kat are so much alike. The bond between them is unbreakable

              Even now with Kat with in her state Alexis refuses to leave her here, but we all know that gunshot may have killed the Katherine we knew. Still having us hold up in a small two story house with little food and ammo wasn't the best idea I could have come up with. But hoe everyone is right now, it's for the best to stay here until we can get back on our feet. I just hope that somehow something brings back Kat, and also pulls us back together like before. For now I will act like a hard-ass and act as if nothing bothers me, I mean isn't that the way you keep living in this kind of world? When it came to stuff like this Alexis and Kat were the best at it, hiding the pain and hurt. They knew to survive they had to put their emotions last.

         As I sit here on the edge of this couch all I can think of was the last time we all saw her. The rain is washing away the mud and dirt on her arms and face, the tears in her eyes, and then Brandon standing behind her holding her back from us. The very look in her eyes, even then she didn't try to run or hurt him. It wasn't fear in her eyes nor the fact that she knew she would die, but the fact that in her eyes she showed no emotion. It was even then amazing to see her so strong.

           Now our Katherine is gone and is locked away somewhere in her mind. Out of everyone I think Alexis was the first to break, and even more so in a mental way than anything. For days she sat by her side and talked to her, for days she would lay with her and brush her hair, but Kat never woke up.

       Now it was different, the moment she woke up everything changed. James even seemed to grow hope, but the moment we realized that it wasn't our Kat we all lost that hope.

Katherine's P.O.V

              This was place dark, there was no light there was nothing here but darkness. As I walked around this vast empty space I heard different voice in my head. Some we're familiar and some we're old voice I hadn't heard in forever. My old felt weak and my skin looked so pale, but I came to realize the first thought that popped in my head was, "Am I a zombie?" I started checking myself for bite marks, but I found none, "Hurry! We have to save her!" I knew that voice from anywhere, but why was Alexis worried what had happen? I was lost, and I had felt stuck in a place where no one knew I was.

    This dark room was only putting fear in me. Though for some reason I felt safe and sound, but I wanted to know where I was, "Katherine," A little girl's voice came from the other side of me. As I turned around I smiled as I looked at Kelly, "Katherine, you have to wake up," She said as she took my hand. She wasn't the same little Kelly I knew. She older, much older, "Where am I?" I asked as she pulled me to the other side of the room, "You died Katherine," She said sadly looking up at me, "Sean wants you to wake up too," She said pointing to her bother, "Hey loser," Sean cheerfully said as he took my hand.

        If I was dead, then why they here with me and, where was the bright light? I looked around again, but I was still in the same dark room, "Katherine, I need you to pull yourself together!" Sean looked at me and smiled, "You have people waiting for you, people that need you to wake up and help them move on!" Sean yelled as he let go of my hand and took Kelly's, "You saved us, now you have to wake up," Sean said before they disappeared again. I fell backwards towards the ground feeling a rush of mixed emotions, "Kat," Zack's voice whispered in my ear. AS I looked up I saw him sitting in front of me, "I tried killing you Katherine," he mumbled taking my hand, "You're still the same Zack from before. The time you gave me that neckless and broke my heart, you left me at a time I needed you most," I sobbed remembering the past. He looked at me smiled, "I've always loved you Kat, and yes I've left you and tried killing you, but look at what you've done for everyone. I only want you at rest. I love you now and forever so please wake up and be with me," Zack said as he faded away.

       I was still here in the same room as I woke up. The darkness felt lonely and yet safe at the same time. I kept on wondering why I was still here and not going towards the light, "Hey sis," Christi' voice popped up in my head, "Turn around!" She laughed as she stood behind me, "Long time no see huh?" She smiled as she sat down with me. She was still wearing the same clothes and the ring Jake had gotten her a few minutes before she has turned, "People are waiting for you Katherine," she sighed at she played with the ring, "You remember this day?" she asked me as she started to cry, "I never wanted to die Katherine, but you alone gave me a life I never will forget, even if it was with the living dead," She laughed as she looked at me, "You have to wake up now Katherine, Alexis, Trey, Zack, Brandon, and James are waiting for you to come back," She smiled letting go of my hand. She soon faded too just like everyone else.

       As I sat there I could hear Alexis's voice talking to me, "Hurry back to us," she cried. I knew where I was and it wasn't heaven or hell. I was simply in between them both. I had to wake up for the sake of the family I have come to known.

Zack's P.O.V

     There she was lying in the bed still half dead and not moving. I didn't know if she was alive or way past her death bed. I loved her more than anything, and looking back at the past I knew I had treated her so badly when she needed me the most. I had left her just because Alex was trying to take her, but I should have seen her love for me. I knew it ran deep though her, and coming back to her, I knew it must of killed her. The second I saw her out there with that kid Sean wrapped around her I felt so much anger that I followed them knowing that it might just kill her. Sure enough here we are now, waiting for her to wake up and come back to us.

     I had gone crazy, even for me to see her like this made me feel so lost. One night while everyone had fallen asleep I snuck in her room and held her before I took out my gun and tried killing her, if it wasn't for that kid Brandon I would have done it. Though I wasn't doing it because I wanted to, but because I wanted her at rest and out of this hell, she has done so much since day one and even now she's still the same Katherine I know. I needed her with me. I love her and even though I pushed myself onto her I knew she still loved me to. I saw it when she first looked at me. Now I felt her pain that she felt over the months when she thought I died.

     Alexis may have been more messed up than me. Even though I couldn't bring myself to look at her every day I prayed to a god I didn't know that she would wake up. Six days later she had opened her eyes for the first time. It had been three weeks and she has finally woken up, but it wasn't my Katherine, no she was lost and still missing, but even then I still loved her but I couldn't look at her.

Katherine's P.O.V

        As I opened my eyes I could clearly see everyone, but I felt like a part of me was still sleeping. Alexis looked at me and smiled holding my hand in hers, "Are you hungry? Do you need anything?" She asked, but I couldn't find the words to say, "She still isn't eating," A new voice came from the other side of me. I closed my eyes again and felt something go off in me as if the other side of me was trying to break free, "let her rest," Alexis said leaving the room. I looked around as I sat up looking out the door, "She's awake, but I feel like it isn't her," Trey whispered to James as they came from the other room, "She's still in there, just give her time," James said walking away. As Trey came in the room he looked at me and faked a smile, "Nice to have you back," Trey said as he sat by me, "You can cut the crap," I said moving away. He looked at me and shook his head, "How do you feel?" He asked as he gave me a bottle of water, "Like something is missing from my life," I said looking out the window, "Come with me," Trey said holding out his hand, "Let's go start from day one," He said as he leaded me out the front door.

       We walked further away from the house and out into the woods, "Here," Trey said handing me a gun and axe, "Remember those cool moves you used to do?" He asked smiling at me, "Over there is a group of zombies, I'll be behind you in case anything goes wrong," Trey said pushing me towards them.

          It was like I knew what I wanted to do, but my body wouldn't want to. As I ran to them I quickly shot the first zombie in the head hearing the skull crack as it fell down. As I ran passed them two of the walkers grabbed my shirt and pulled me backwards slamming me towards the ground, "Trey!" I cried as I kicked them away, "Kat keep calm and think!" Trey yelled. I looked up at them and crawled away. AS I stood up I grabbed my axe and ran towards them, "Kat!" Trey yelled as I jumping on top of hit smashing the axe into its head making blood splatter all over my face, "Kat watch out!" Trey yelled as he started running towards me. Turning around I came face to face with a walker only inches from biting me, "Shoot it!" Trey yelled as he came from behind me. I slowly took my gun out and placed it under its chin, "Sorry," I whispered as I pulled the trigger, "Oh gross!" I cried as brains and blood splattered all around me, "Seems like your still same little old you," Trey laughed as he handed me a towel, "Think I just needed to be reminded," I smiled as I handed him back his gun and axe, "Let's go clean," Trey paused as Zack stood in front of us, "Get away from her Zack," Trey said pushing me behind him, "Katherine," Zack paused as he smiled at me, "I'm so sorry," He whispered as he tried reaching for me, "Away!" Trey said pushing him away, "I just want to hold her," Zack said in pain.

        Looking at him I felt my heart racing in my chest, but I can remember being with him in the dark room, when he said he tried killing me and bring up the past, "Katherine," Zack pleaded as we walked passed him. I couldn't leave him, but for my sake of being happy and not getting hurt, I knew I would have to yet again let him go, and this time it would be for good, "I'm sorry Kat," Trey said as we walked back in, "Katherine!" Alexis screamed at the top of her lungs running towards me, "Oh gosh Kat!" She cried as he hung onto me for dear life, "Don't leave ever again!" She cried as we fell backwards towards the ground, "You idiot," I laughed as I pushed her off of me, "Kat?" As I looked up I saw a face that only brought fear back into my body, "What the hell!" I cried as I pushed myself back, "No wait let me explain!" He tried to explain as he got closer, "No stop!" I cried as I held up my hands, "Katherine," Zack's voice was soft as he wrapped his arms around me, "Why is he here," I sobbed as he picked me up, "It's okay," He said as he took my up to his room, "Katherine, please let me explain!" His voice yelled as Zack shut the door, "He," I paused as I looked at him, "He's the one who killed me," I sobbed as I started blankly at the wall.

        Zack sat beside me and held me, "Trey allowed him with us Kat. He's been taking care of you this whole time," Zack paused, "Kat, that kid out there has fallen in love with you," Zack's face expression changed. As I closed my eyes I suddenly remember the last time I saw Mia, "Oh! Where's the baby and Mia!" I said happily running out the room, "James! You're a dad now right! Ahh I'm so happy for you!" I cheerfully said, but as I stood there everyone's face expression grew with pain, "What's going on?" I asked as I looked around. Everyone looked at each other hoping someone else would say something, "There is no baby," James paused as his eyes filled with tears, "We lost both the baby and Mia," Alexis sadly said as she broke down crying, "Wait, you're saying that," I paused as I looked around, "How long was I out!" I cried as I looked at James, "Nine months," Zack said placing his hand on my shoulder, "No, this can't be it only felt like days!" I cried as I fell to the floor, "Is she really gone!" I yelled as everyone looked down on me, "Yes, she's buried in the back," Trey said walking away. I looked up at James and suddenly felt guilt in my heart, "James, I didn't know. I'm sorry," I pleaded as he walked away, "Kat," Zack said taking my hand.

      He took me to the back where Mia and her baby were buried, "Was she able to hold the baby?" I asked as I sat down, "Yes, it was a girl," Zack smiled as he held me, "Why did you guys keep me alive?" I questioned him as I looked down at the grass, "I tried killing you Kat," He paused, "It had seem like you would never wake up and being here things only got worse over time. I wanted to end your pain, but everyone stopped me," Zack said as he looked away from me.

      Somewhere in my heart I had wished he did kill me. I was tired of running and fighting. There was only so much a person can take. This world was already dead; I mean what was the point of fighting anymore if we had nothing left? My head starting spinning with thoughts of suicide, I didn't want to be here anymore I mean why would anyone want to be here? I looked at the sky that clearly held us captive in this place. It was like a dream, a dream that I wouldn't ever wake up from. Sitting here with Zack and seeing what this world has caused us was a wake-up call. Come to think of it, if this world was normal like it had been Mia would be alive holding her baby girl and James would be a dad. Then again if we went on without everyday lives, none of us would have met. There wouldn't love, or family, I wouldn't be as strong as I am now nor would I have ever met my family that I have come known.

       As Zack put his arm around me I felt a sharp pain in my chest. It was proof I was still living, but even then, how much longer would we all be able to live? The walkers were only growing in numbers and now with the little ammo we have, there was no way we could keep living, "It's almost as if we're living a normal life," Zack said as he looked out at the miles and miles of land we had, "Yeah," I added as I looked back down at Mia, "I'm sorry I wasn't able to be with you," I whispered as I tried holding back the tears. She was in a better place of course along with her baby, but still I wish I had gotten the chance to say goodbye, "Let's head back," Zack said as he kissed my cheek. These emotions were only getting stronger I loved him yes, but what troubles would this world bring us now?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Foundered By theC0VEN

Science Fiction

567 78 25
A world where the dead roam free and the alive hide in the shadows, the world we knew ceased to be normal a long time ago. Now, in it's place all we...
49 4 11
Ninety-three days have passed since the first day of the outbreak. The day she lost everything. She's survived this long, now she only has to wait se...
23 0 17
The world is ending but it's not the end for you and I... In the event of an outbreak you are faced with difficult decisions. Read through this fully...
61 0 1
A crippling illness sweeps across the entire world. Those lucky enough to survive the first wave must face difficult challenges as the virus continue...