Alpha's Baby | astera22

By astera22

My mum always used to tell me what it's like to see your mate for the first time. She used to say that at tha... More

Alpha's Baby
Disclaimer
Read Before Story!
Chapter 1 - Young and Stupid
Chapter 2 - I'm So Sorry
Chapter 3 - Long Time, No See
Chapter 4 - Welcome Home
Chapter 5 - Losing Control
Chapter 6 - The Truth
Chapter 7 - I Declare War
Chapter 8 - Meet Your Uncle
Chapter 9 - Mixed Emotions
Chapter 10 - Jelaousy
Chapter 11 - Keeping Secrets
Chapter 12 - Truth?
Chapter 13 - Confessions
Chapter 14 - Remember Me
Chapter 15 - Consiquences for my Stupidity
Chapter 16 - A Mess
Chapter 17 - Threat
Chapter 18 - Capture
Chapter 19 - Mission: Freedom
Chapter 20 - Opening Up
Chapter 21 - Reunited
Chapter 22 - Home, Sweet Home
A/N - Problems viewing chapters
Chapter 23 - Prepare for Battle
Chapter 25 - Let the Game Begin
Chapter 26 - Hidden Truth
Chapter 27 - Victory or Loss?
Chapter 28 - I've Always Loved you
Chapter 29 - Always and Forever
Chapter 30 - Commitments
A/N - THANK YOU
Some Updates
Epilogue

Chapter 24 - We Love You

111K 3K 182
By astera22

Early update! You better love me!

Josh swings his arm, throwing the phone in the process. I try to reach for his hand to calm him down.

"Thank you Kai. You were really big help and I didn't expect that from you. You can get up and join the pack as your own." I tell him, trying to lead Josh out.

"I didn't say he could." Argues my mate.

"Josh, let him." I say, now stern myself.

He watches me, both of us just staring at each other now.

I trust him, Josh. He earned it.

He can't be trusted! He's one of them!

I take full responsibility.

We mind link. He hesitates for a good few seconds before pressing his lips together. "Fine, I don't have time to argue with you. He's under your watch."

I smile at myself and then I look at Kai. He's also grinning, getting up from the bed slowly. Josh looks at Kai for a moment, watching us exchange glances. He starts walking out the door, wrapping his arm tightly around my waist.

I think somebody is getting jealous.

We walk through the corridor, slower for Kai to catch up and into the meeting room. Josh mind linked for the main members to come for an urgent meeting.

It takes around 5 minutes for everybody to arrive. There are around 20 people in the room, more than usually in meetings. My brother is here and so is Emily. They stand near me and I'm by my mate's side. I also spot Will, Josh's second beta which I haven't seen in weeks.

"This is an urgent and unplanned meeting, thank you for your co-operation." Starts Josh. People's eyes are glued to him with so much focus that I admire their loyalty.

"I'm going to keep this short and straight forward. There will be a war starting between Richardson and Evans pack." There are a few gasps and murmurs, an unsettling feeling spreading through the room. The Evans pack isn't remembered by many at all because they're almost of the other side of England.

As soon as Josh opens his lips to speak again, there's instant silence. "Please order for people to prepare for battle. Volunteers only."

Ban anyone under 18 from fighting? Please, I don't want to see any children getting hurt.

I gain Josh's full attention on that and he just looks at me for a while, probably considering my proposition.

"Yeah, good idea. Children are strictly banned from any fighting." He speaks up.

Does that include you? He asks with a smirk. I give him the look but I do feel stupid because of it... Does he see me as a child instead of a mature leader because of how we first met? I'm obviously not the 16 year old girl he met 5 years ago anymore but what if his view hasn't changed?

"Children and anyone that isn't going to fight is to report to the underground floor immediately. Tyler, Will, stay. The rest get going." He orders quickly and people start moving and getting out the room.

Emily stays behind to talk to me. "Darcy is with Lewis and Terry. You should probably see her and assure her everything will be alright and tell her she has to stay underground with everyone else."

I hug her because of how much she's done for me. "I will, thank you."

I walk up to my mate and kiss him on the lips for a quick couple of seconds. "I'll be back. I'm going to make sure Darcy is safe." He nods at me.

I hug Tyler quickly, nod at Will and leave with Emily. People are moving around everywhere, some looking for friends, family and mates. Others are checking registers and making sure everyone is aware of what is going on.

I run upstairs and knock on Lewis' door. He opens it almost immediately. I don't wait for permission to enter, just walk in, dodging him and see Darcy sitting on the bed with Terry. She's braiding her hair.

"Mummy!" She runs up to me and I squeeze her into a tight hug.

"Terry, Lewis there's a war starting. We don't know when but have to prepare like it's starting now, you never know. Children and non-volunteers are to go to the underground immediately." I explain.

"Well I'm staying to fight." Says Terry.

"Obviously I am too." Adds Lewis, speaking more to me than his mate.

"You can count on me." Joins in Emily.

I smile at them all. "Thank you. I'm going to get Darcy safe and I'll meet you all in the meeting room." And with that I lift Darcy so that I'm holding her and run downstairs to the garage floor. Under that are doors, usually locked by a key only the Alpha has to the underground cells. People are walking into there.

I walk quickly, dodging a few pack members to get there faster. When I spot Rebecca, I practically run to her.

"Thank God you're here. I'm going to be helping with the fight. You're staying here?" I ask.

She nods at me. "My agile days are coming to an end... I'm only kidding. I'm not getting old yet. I'm in charge of here, making sure everyones calm, not leaving here and stuff like that."

I can tell she's trying to lighten up the mood and she's smiling but I see the clear worry in her eyes because of the whole thing. She must be worried sick for her mate already. I know that I would be.

"Could you make sure Darcy is okay? The only family she will have during the fight is you..." I trail and she instantly nods at me, giving me a reassuring smile. "And if anything happened to me and Josh-"

"Nothing will. She is and always will be around people that love her, whatever happens after today, Lexie." She interrupts before I can finish my sentence which I'm glad for, I didn't want to say them words out loud because if I did, it would feel like I've already chosen our future for us.

I mouthe the words 'thank you' and she once again nods with a smile. I put Darcy down and squat to talk to her.

"Darc, I'm going somewhere with daddy. You're going to stay with nanny and be good, okay? I love you." I tell her, kissing her on the forehead and then squeezing her into a hug. This hug she's recieving reminds me exactly of the one I recieved from Tyler just before he told me to run with Lewis. He thought he would never see me again.

The view of an enemy wolf killing one of our Omegas with one firm bite on tbe neck makes my throat ache more than ever. I've never seen anyone die. Nobody has ever died in front of me.

"Lexie, now!" Shouts Tyler. I hesitate for a moment as Lewis tries to pull me away to the direction of the woods. I cling onto Tyler's neck and hug him tightly, the hardest I could. Instead of shouting at me, he does the same which makes it hard for me to breathe but I cherish the moment. It may be the last.

"Please make it back to me..." I whisper. He doesn't reply, just runs his fingers through my hair, gives me one last tight squeeze before running off the other direction I'm supposed to be going to help with the fight.

I snap back from the flashbacks flooding my mind. My eyes tear up as I squeeze my daughter even tighter. Will the nightmares ever end? I don't want Darcy to be an orphan. Or without a parent. She musn't experience what it's like to live without mum or dad.

"Darcy?" I gain her attention again after letting go of her. "Daddy loves you too. We both love you." I say and start running back to the top.

There are cells for prisoners where they are hiding. They're currently empty but will be full by the time the fight ends and we win. We have to win, once and for all. We have to come back to our daughter.

Once I reach the outside again, the light blinds me. There's such a huge difference in the temperatures and the darkness that I have to have some time to adjust.

Now I just have to go to Josh and wait for this nightmare to start. I should be used to those by now.

*unedited
It's still the holidays so I'm writing a lot to finish this story in the next 2 weeks. I obviously won't publish the whole thing so fast but it may be finished. Around 6 chapters left to go!
I love you all!
-A

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

123K 5.2K 44
"He can die 'cause we haven't had sex?" I say as the weight of what she's just told me hits me like a ton of bricks. "The longer the Alpha stays in t...
28.9K 1.1K 36
For Vivian and Rowland Carter life couldn't get any better. They were the Alpha and Luna of one of the world's biggest Pack of wolves. They had the l...
24.9K 644 15
Scarlet Montgomery lived her life as the pack slave. She was left Omega after her parents ditched her to become rogues. She is constantly tormented n...
Markie By RuHu

Werewolf

1.4K 92 9
All werewolves have mates. So what happens when you fall for someone before you're 18... "Hopefully hes my mate" is all Markie can think as she waits...