Drarry- It Was All Just a Gam...

By Write_me227

When Draco comes up with an idea to mess with Harry during the Triwizard Tournament, will he be the one who w... More

Before you get started (OG)...
Prologue
Chapter 1- The Idea
Chapter 2- The Plan
Chapter 3- The Encounter
Chapter 4- The Hints
Chapter 5- The Task
Chapter 6- The First Date
Chapter 7- Falling for the Slytherin
Chapter 8- The Yule Ball
Chapter 9- Detention
Chapter 10- The Second Task
Chapter 11- The Real First Date
Chapter 12- Hiding
Chapter 14- The Final Task
Chapter 15- This Isn't Goodbye
Chapter 16- The Rest of the Year
Chapter 17- Missing Him
Chapter 18- Back To Hogwarts
Chapter 19- Dolores Umbridge and the Missed Date
Chapter 20- The Dreams
Chapter 21- Quidditch
Chapter 22- Dreamless Sleep
Chapter 23- Why is it So Hard
Chapter 24- The Bet
Chapter 25- The Unexpected Kiss
Chapter 26- Finding Out
Chapter 27- The One Year Anniversary
Chapter 28- Occlumency
Chapter 29- You or Nothing Else
Chapter 30- Caught
Chapter 31-A Sleepover
Chapter 32- The Library
Chapter 33- To Feel Safe
Chapter 34- Draco's Birthday
Chapter 35- Hiding His Heart
Chapter 36- Liquid Luck
Chapter 37- Coward
Chapter 38- The Misson
Chapter 39- Slipping Away
Chapter 40- Our Last Paradise
Chapter 41- Mad
Chapter 42- The Truth Behind the Sleeve
Chapter 43- Cope
Chapter 44- Hope Shattered
Chapter 45- Death
Chapter 46- The Long and Boring Adventures of 7th Year
Chapter 47- Malfoy Manor
Chapter 48- War
AUTHOR'S NOTE
Chapter 50- The Morning After
Chapter 51- A Blooming Idea
Chapter 52- Stolen
Chapter 53- Burn
Chapter 54- The Trial
Chapter 55- The Breakdown
Chapter 56- Backwards
Chapter 57- The Professor
Chapter 58- ...Friends?
Chapter 59- Best Friends, Never Lovers
Chapter 60- And It All Came Crashing Down
Chapter 61- The Hospital Wing
Chapter 62- The Fight
Chapter 63- The Ball
Chapter 64- A Sour Goodbye
AUTHOR'S NOTE (65)
Chapter 65- The Aftermath
Chapter 66- A Rose
Chapter 67- Together at Last
Chapter 68- The Other Party
Chapter 69- Pure Evidence
Chapter 70- Detention With the Devil
Chapter 71- The Show
Chapter 72- The Gryffindorks
Chapter 73- Christmas
Chapter 74- A Morning's Disturbance
Chapter 75- The Interview
Chapter 76- Promises
Epilogue

Chapter 13- Roller Coaster

143K 3.9K 33.3K
By Write_me227

His lips were soft and sweet, however nonmoving, both afraid- hell- petrified to do anything else. Their entirety of nerve endings sizzled all over, everywhere they could against their will.

And it felt so good.

Harry was the one to release reluctantly, and Draco opened his eyes, not even remembering when he closed them. Green met mercury in a silence of deep breaths, each feeling the others exhale- thats how close they were. The blonde didn't know what to say.

"H-hey you," Draco blurted, and Harry let out a light laugh.

"Hey," he bit his lip, and Draco watched him do it before he flicked his eyes in curiosity back to Harry's.

"How do you know about this place?" He looked back through the ropes. Harry didn't answer just yet. Instead, he just lead Draco through the vines. They were heavy and made up of vegetationas well as loose branches that swang as he pushed them.

Light blinded them, but their eyes adjusted quickly, the magnificant sight in front of them becoming more and more crystal clear.

Harry took off his robes and hung them on a peg made up of a broken branch just at the entrance. He held his hand out to Draco. "Robe?"

Draco tried to keep back a smile but he stripped himself of it and handed it to him, recieving a happy huff from Harry, and he hung it on top of his. "What a gentleman."

Harry smiled and grabbed both of Draco's hands, walking backwards to the midde of the field, close enough to hear the subtle waves of the water crash onto the bank. A blanket rested there. Draco watched him, eyeing his entire face, his heart beating at their touch. Harry's hands were soft, too.

They sat on the blanket, a breeze nipping at them, for the snow was untouchable in the area, however the bite of winter still froze the air.

"I don't understand this place," Draco said, looking out at the water. "It doesn't snow here. The trees... are incredible. How did you..." He trailed off, looking back at Harry.

"It was second year. Everyone kept blaming me for being the Heir of Slytherin and I just wanted to get away for a while. I went for a walk and I saw the first tree, and of course, being a twelve year old, I 'investigated with my imagination' I guess you could call it. Then I found this place.

"On the way back, I was tired, I didn't want to weave through it, and I ended up being completely lost in the opposite direction. I think it's a trick so if someone went looking for you, they couldn't find you. If you miss one tree, you're in the middle of the forest with werewolves and whatnot. I come here a lot."

"Is this where you went when they called your name for the Triwizard tournament," Draco asked and Harry raised an eyebrow at him. "I wasn't following you," he said, quieter, "I just saw you got out the Hall."

"Yeah. I like this place. A lot. It's just... magic." Harry took a deep breath. "And I think I'd like it better with you."

Draco blushed. They both sat there and looked into each others eyes, and then at each other's lips. And then somehow, they were closer together. The blonde couldn't feel his hand when he reached up and put it to Harry's hair, wiping it from his scar. He traced it with his thumb. "I've always wanted to do that."

"Really?"

"Yeah. I want.. I want to kiss you too..."

"Then, kiss me."

They looked at each other another second more before slowly moving in. They stopped hovering each others lips, and Harry watched as Draco closed his eyes, awaiting the other to make a move.

And then they met harshly.

This time they were active: Draco moved his hand to Harry's neck and pulled him closer, and Harry put a hand on Draco's bicep. Their noses skimmed each other as their lips sucked leisurely. It felt as though they were on a cloud.

"Draco," Harry asked breathlessly after they let go.

"Yes?"

"How are you so good at this," Harry asked as he bit his lip, miss Draco's taste.

"Well, because with you, it is easy." Draco opened his eyes to see green emeralds staring into his own eyes. They both smiled out of pure happiness.

Draco looked away from Harry to see the beautiful land that was speculated in front of him. The trees were ever so tall and the grass was ever so green. The sun was setting but the only thing he could look at was Harry.

He now knew what Pansy meant.

Giving out, Draco lay down on the blanket smiling up at the darkening sky, then turned his head to admire the sunset past Harry, however his view was obscured when Harry lay back as well.

"Excuse me, Scarface, you're blocking my view." Draco said in a snobbish tone, dropping his face into a mask.

"Sorry, Ferret. Shall I move," Harry laughed.

"Hey, that's crossing the line!" Draco's mouth dropped to that of an 'o'.

"What shall I call you then?" Harry propped his head up with one arm, wind flying through his hair.

"How about," Draco pouted in deep thought, Harry admiring him, "The Slytherin Prince- Wait no! God. The Slytherin God." His eyes lit up and a cocky, smug grin.

"Oh but Ferret is much more suitable," he laughed. The two finished off their smiles and stared up into the sky until it grew dark, comfortable in silence, small conversation ringing on and off.

Harry closed his eyes, dreaming of whatever he wished, but Draco kept his eyes open and watched him. Fear was growing. He didn't want to mess something like this up.

"Harry," Draco asked, and the boy opened his eyes at his nervous tone.

"Yeah?"

"Am I your first...you know... relationship?"

"Yes," he whispered, the night swallowing the sky. "Am I yours?" Draco nodded. "This should be fun then," Harry said looking up at the stars once more.

"Are you nervous," Draco swallowed. Harry eyed him carefully and noticed how uptight he looked, jaw clenched, wide eyes. Draco sat up so his back was to Harry. Then Harry turned to deep thought.

"A little," he said softly. "Are you?"

"Absolutely," his voice cracked in a whisper.

"Are you scared," Harry asked, furrowing his eyebrows.

"I'm terrified," Draco shouted in a whisper. Harry sat up and crawled next to him, placing a hand on his shoulder, Draco's worried eyes staring at him.

"About what?"

"Everything! What if people find out? My father, you don't understand if my father-"

"Draco, that's not going to... we won't let that happen, I won't," Harry shook his head.

"Yeah, sure," Draco bit his lip with an attitude. "It's just... I've never done this stuff before."

"What, had a boyfriend? I know it's a scary thing being with someone of the same gender, I mean and me of all people. We've hated each other for years-"

"No, liked something," Draco shouted. "I don't... I don't feel!"

"Ever?" Harry eyed him in curiosity.

"No," he said almost solemnly, "Malfoy's were raised for power. Not love. In our family, love- it's something thing that holds us back. Gets in our way." Harry could sense the pain in his words.

"Whoever led you to believe that is an idiot."

"That's my father for you!"

"The world survives on it. I wouldn't be here without it. Whoever told you that obviously doesn't know anything about how to live."

"I don't want to mess this up, Harry. I really like you for some stupid reason." Harry snorted, "And I... I'm so lost, Harry." Draco leaned his head so that it was nuzzled in Harry's neck. Harry stroked his hair.

"Well I'm going to find you. That's a promise."

------------------------------------------------

When in Divination the next week, it being double block with Gryffindors and Slytherins combined, Draco felt a small weight in the hood of his robes, and he reached for it before it could go noticed by anyone else. Hiding the parchment under the desk in case any eavesdroppers lurked about, he unfolded it, wondering how it was even put in there to begin with; no one sat behind him.

Happy Friday

-Scarface

After reading it twice, Draco involuntarily smiled despite his need not to. It was brief, but Harry saw it, (he was practically staring at him across the room for half the period), and thankfully no one else saw it due to it's succinct nature.

Harry bit his tongue in attempts to not grin, but it still counted as to making Draco smile, and that was something Harry enjoyed doing, even if it occured for a millisecond.

In total, they'd been boyfriends for two weeks, although they'd only met once in scarce they'd get caught if they encountered more than once or twice in a seven day epoch. They figured Harry's friends would get suspicious as well.

Friday. It was their day, simple as that. They only planned to meet Fridays, and only wanted to meet Friday's because what better way to end the work week with a night of rapture.

Draco was called from the parchment due to a crash, his head shooting up to find a crystal ball on the floor.

"Professor Trelawny, are you alright," some idiot Gryffindork to whom Draco couldn't give a thought as to learning the name of asked, and the teacher turned abruptle, almost harshly, frazzled and startled.

"Today," she said, and only said, and then repeated it in lower and higher octives, various tones and voices. "Today!"

"Today? Friday," the girl answered.

"What's wrong with Friday," Daphne Greengrass asked.

"The date," Trelawny answered, whispering it. Then, she shouted it in a panic. "The date!"

"What's the date," Weasley asked, dumbfounded.

"The thirteen-" Hermione was cut off by Trelawny backing into one of the many tables along the room, knocking over a set of brass stands and a few tea cups.

Draco and Harry both jerked up, locking eyes briefly. "Told you," Draco mouthed. Harry muzzled his mouth to keep from breaking out in a fit of laughter. Hermione looked at him briefly and then back at Trelawny, just in time for Draco to dip his head and bite his tongue to keep from snickering, but initially keeping it in, he ended up snorting, causing Pansy to look at him weirdly and Blaise to give him wild eyes, along with a few Slytherins in the proximity.

Thankfully the rest of the class was resting on the fact that Trelawny was spazzing, and more than usual. "The thirteenth, Friday the thirteenth," she gasped, hyperventilating, knocking over another sphere in the process, and shrieking as an effect to it.

Harry burst out laughing, face red, and a few did too in sheer confusion, but Harry was the loudest and Hermione ended up kicking his leg under the table.

"Why are you laughing," she asked sharply, however Ron started chuckling too.

"Come on, 'Mione," he said, "He's love sick, head in the clouds! Give him a break!"

"And what's your excuse?"

Ron was about to speak, but was cut off by another shout.

"Friday the Thirteenth," she moaned in despair, "Danger! Mortal peril!"

Harry glanced at Draco when his friends looked away, and they locked eyes again before the blonde lost complete control and chuckled.

"This is it! This is my end!"

At this point, Draco's throat rang with such an extraneous amount of laughter, people stared, and Pansy hit him under the table, causing him to stop swiftly, the ghost of a laugh playing on his lips even though he pulled his mask into a scowl. Harry saw that, too, and as a result, he cackled, burring his head in his arms which were supporting him on the table, his body bobbing up and down.

Involuntarily snorting, Draco attempted to control himself, although he would do anything to laugh aloud and openly right now. It made him look forward for their date even more so later that evening.

"What's wrong with you," Hermione glared at him with wide eyes, furrowing her eyebrows in the process, "Did you take some laughing potion or something?"

"Was Malfoy just laughing," Ron asked, but Harry went serious.

"Not possible. 'Malfoys don't laugh,'" he mocked in a snotty tone, then laughed at his impression.

"I could have sworn he did. It was probably the strangest, most unattractive thing I'd even heard," Ron laughed.

"Probably Parkinson. Probably has Malfoy's tongue stuck in her throat she can't help but sound like a madwoman," Harry cringed, his face heating.

"Bleh, Mate! That's gross. I don't want to think of that," he cowered. "Malfoy tongue."

"Gross," Harry agreed, and put up a fake look of disgust. And it was indeed most fake.

As of recent events, Harry grew fascinated at the thought of Draco's tongue.

------------------------------------------------

Due to Trelawny's (moreover) insane state, they were released early for lunch in hopes her good deed would 'Save her from the Devil,' as she put it.

Harry was practically skipping down the hall with a smile on his face with his friends.

"You're in for it, aren't you mate," Ron laughed.

"Hmm?"

"You're too smiley for your own good," he said.

"Can't help it," Harry bit his lip to keep from smiling. He lagged behind them, Ron calling back words over his shoulder.

"When can we meet her," he turned around.

"Not yet," Harry replied.

"Oh come on, Harry," Hermione said, "I'll figure it out eventually!"

"That's your only shot."

"Harry," Ron complained, turning back around, swinging his bag along with his steps.

"We want to keep it a se-"

Harry was stopped by a hand over his mouth, and was pulled from behind one of the many tapestries along the 5th floor corridor. When oriented again, Harry's eyes met Draco's and he immedately smiled.

Ron and Hermione turned behind them to find the cooridor empty. "Mate?"

There wasn't an answer, mostly due to the fact that Draco 1.) didn't want to get caught and 2.) still had his hand over Harry's mouth.

"Alright," Ron called with a smirk, "Don't suck his face too hard, mystery girlfriend," he heard two snorts, "He still needs to eat later."

"Ron," Hermione hit him.

"Alright, we'll go! Just return him when you're done ravishing him," he called to Draco, unknowingly as to the fact that it was him behind the curtain and not some girl. "Oh and he likes it when you stroke behind his ear!"

"Ron," Harry shouted as he shoved away his hand, and Draco smirked at him. "Go away!"

"Fine!" They didn't speak until they heard footsteps getting quieter and quieter until they were nonexistent. Both held their breath until they were certain.

And then they began laughing hysterically. "You were right," Harry chuckled. "I can't believe you were right about Trelawny!"

"I told you!"

They continued laughing, and then stared at each other, searching in their humorous eyes.

"How would he ever know that," Draco said, smiling at him.

"Know what? Who?"

"Weasley. That you liked being stroked behind your ear."

"The Yule Ball. Hermione helped me with my hair and I guess I closed my eyes and shivered," Harry said, but then trailed away as Draco put his hand behind his ear, stoking his hair behind it. His eyes lulled shut and he leaned to the touch, his hairs standing up against the back of his neck, and Draco could see it.

"Like that?"

"Yeah," Harry said in such a dream-like state, it was almost as if he was dreaming. Draco smirked at it.

"Now I know how to shut you up."

"I know how you shut you up, too," Harry smirked as well.

"Oh really, and how would that be?"

Harry, although smiling, grabbed the back of his neck and kissed him gently. They moved their mouths little, still unfamiliar as to each other's limits, still thinking it was incredibly weird that they'd gone from foes to boyfriends. And then at the thought of them being boyfriends, Harry pushed forward, startling Draco, although he wasn't opposing to it.

They moved, opening their mouths and then finishing by sucking on the other's lips, only to do it all over again, their bodies warming and nerve endings sparking. Draco couldn't think, didn't want to think, rather. He found his arm on Harry's bicep and then shoulder, caressing it. He then thought of another idea and stroked behind his ear again, and Harry visibly shivered.

They released with heavy breathing, and Harry opened his eyes to find Draco's still closed, as if he didn't want to open them.

When he finally did, They smiled at each other.

"I'm going to kill Ron for telling you that."

"Why," Draco smiled and did it yet again, petting behind his ear.

"Or maybe I should thank him."

Draco beamed, loving the sheer feeling of smiling, not even realizing how closer together they were. He bit his lip, "I'll see you tonight?"

"Wouldn't miss it," Harry smiled and kissed his cheek.

He then shoved Draco out from behind the tapestry.

-------------------------------------------------

Draco walked through the vine ropes only to hear a crack of a twig. He looked around the field to find it empty, and since he'd already been late himself, he wondered if Harry was even going to show up. He took a step forward, hearing another crack and immediately he disregarded it as the branch beneath his foot. However, what he wasn't anticipating was the upside down Harry suddenly swinging in front of him to block his path, although Draco was too frightened to move anyway.

"Merlin, Harry! You could have give me a bit of a warning," he clutched his chest in attempts to calm his jump-started heart. "And possibly a heart attack."

Harry swung back and forth, dangling from his knees on a low branch. His hair hung loosely and swayed against his rhythm of to and fro, "I broke a twig," his voice strained against gravity. The boy's glasses were barely hanging onto his ear and Draco fixed them, his hand lingering on his face. "Surprise." They gazed into each other's eyes, and they took note how different they looked given the new perspective.

Harry released his grip on the tree and let his arms swing in full arch, barely missing Draco's body. He lifted his hand, and raised his eyebrow. "I have a present for you." Draco held out his hand. Harry let a flower fall from his hands, "I picked it myself," he gave a peachy smile, "just for you."

Draco stared at him, trying to hold back smile: failing miserably. "How thoughtful. You killed a living and thriving plant and disrupted the balance of nature just for me."

"Well if you put it that way," Harry pulled a weird face.

"Here," Draco squatted down and grabbed a few blades of grass, ripping them from their roots and giving it to Harry. "For you."

"Thank you," Harry chuckled. "I will treasure this until my dying day.

Draco watched him as he laughed, particularly at his lips. He felt the urge again, the magnetic, alluring demand of his lips on Harry's. Harry saw the anticipation in his eyes, and he shut his own, puckering his lips, not a noticeable amount, but just enough. He parted them slightly. Draco took his opportunity and they kissed...awkwardly. Kissing already felt strange in general, and it being completely upside down felt even odder.

Although odd, it did feel just as great, just as tingly. Draco found his hand on Harry's upside down cheek, it being completely opposite as to what he normally felt.

"I'm light headed," Harry breathed when they released.

"Well come down then, before you kill yourself," Draco said.

"You come up."

"Harry, you're going to get hurt, and I'm going to laugh at you."

"I won't move until you come up here with me," Harry opened his eyes. "The view's amazing. Hurry up, I have a head ache."

"Fine," Draco mumbled, and Harry lifted and twisted himself to where he was sitting upright, feet dangling from the tree. As Draco made his way up, he smiled but kept it from Harry's view. "You're an idiot."

"I'm a cute idiot."

"Hardly," Draco grunted as he lifted himself up, placing himself next to Harry. "Wow, you're right, the view is great up here."

"Would I lie to you?"

"Yes," Draco said in certainty, "Most definitely."

"Ehh... It depends on the day," Harry laughed, and Draco grabbed his hand. Harry's was sweaty, but the soft sweaty, the nice sweat. His arms heated. There was an awkward silence. They'd had a few of those, unsure as to what the other was to say, unsure if they should fill the silence. But sometimes that was reassuring, that everything wasn't perfect. It made it mundane, and Harry liked mundane in the words of human. For once he felt normal, and maybe that was why his heart was racing.

"You know what's really strange," Draco spoke, breaking the quiet.

"What?"

"Kissing."

"I completely agree! It feels so weird," Harry related, "I thought I was the only one-"

"Hell no," Draco laughed, "Like when we move our mouths and there's air in between our lips." Draco pointed at his open mouth. "It's like... It's like..."

"Eating air!"

"Yes," Draco smiled, "exactly like eating air! It feels weird you know... kissing."

"Yeah. Not what I expected it to be like," Harry swallowed back a smile, "Nothing like what I expected it to be like."

"I think it's just the consciousness of it. Like... do you think when I'm kissing you that I'm actually kissing you?"

"I feel like that's a philosophical question. Like, do we all even exist?"

"Don't even get me started about that," Draco bit, "I've had too many sleepless nights with no answers!"

Harry chuckled. "Me too. Like why are we all here if we're meant to die anyway."

"I haven't a clue, Potter," Draco grinned.

"My name is Harry," Harry kicked his dangling foot.

"H-hey," Draco laughed, "It's a habit."

They were silent a bit, looking out into the sunset, and then they turned to look at each other, thinking the exact same thing.

"What's the point of a habit if we don't exist," Harry asked, and Draco shoved at his shoulder, cackling, causing Harry to laugh as well, and it all ended with Draco resting his head on Harry's shoulder, thinking back to the days where he dreamed of this; laughing with Harry Potter. He sighed, "Where have you been all my life?"

Harry turned to him. "Hiding from you."

And they laughed again.

---------------------------------------

"We are going to learn how to make out if it kills me, Potter," Draco shoved a laughing Harry on his back before crossing his arms. "Surely you can beat a Dark Lord and somehow kill a damned basilisk, but the second someone starts to shove their tongue down your throat, you go into a giggle fit."

The first time their tongues touched, they were completely hesitant, and it felt damn weird. Harry backed off completely and pulled a face whilst Draco wiped his tongue on his sleeve. The second time, they met in full force, and Harry put his tongue practically down Draco's throat- Draco not expecting it- and he was gagging for moments afterwards. 'Merlin, Harry, are you trying to choke me,' Draco exclaimed, and Harry laughed.

That was two weeks before now. Every time they tried again, the other backed away, just because of the nerves. But today, once again, they tried again, and the tickle of their tongues meeting caused Harry to laugh, and as of now, Draco was complaining yet again.

"Why does anyone do this," Harry hooted.

"I don't know! Why does anybody do what they do? Couples are weird."

"Have you ever thought about the first time two people tried to make out," Harry asked, a smile on his face as his laughs went away, but they came back the second Draco started laughing. "It was probably better than this!"

"Doubt it! We aren't that inhabitable!"

"Draco this is our 6th time and we still can't get it," Harry laughed.

"We aren't leaving here until we can," Draco demanded. "I don't care if it's all night. It's not like this is breaking into the vaults at Gringotts. It's just making out for Merlin's sake!"

"Okay fine," Harry sat up positioning himself to where their thighs were basically touching. They looked into each other's eyes for a split second and then leaned, however their lips never connected because Harry snorted and started laughing again, spraying Draco with spit.

"Bleh!" Draco wiped it off, "You're such an ignoramus!"

"I'm sorry," Harry chortled. "I've had a case of the giggles all day! Ask Flitwick, really! He said this one spell and I couldn't control myself for the life of me!"

Draco buried his head in Harry's shoulder and shook his head, laughing. "I swear you're awful. Yet you wonder why it took you so long to get a Yule Ball date! I would have been mortified even if we were dating at that point."

"Hey, you're just as bad! You kiss like a girl," he accused, and before he knew it Draco was on top of him, straddling his hips. Their faces were exceedingly close, noses touching.

"Say that again." His eyes withheld danger.

"You. Kiss. Like. A. Girl," Harry smirked, grabbing Draco's tie. "Prove me wrong, then, if you disagree. Prove me wrong." Harry looked at Draco's lips, and just that made Draco smash their lips together, almost bruising them. Harry moaned and wrapped his arms around Draco's back. Their lips moved fiercely, sucking, and Draco bit his bottom lip, not even giving Harry a choice since he gasped and Draco propelled his tongue in his mouth.

Finally, finally, their tongues met and Draco immediately took dominance before Harry could even comprehend what he was feeling. And when he finally did, it felt damned good. Harry couldn't properly think, and he was moaning, and so was Draco.

Draco explored all he could, flicking the roof of his mouth, feeling along his tongue, tasting his taste, swiping his along his teeth- top and bottom- among his cheeks and he found his hand on Harry's jaw.

He released when he was out of breath, staring down at a flushed Harry, his cheeks a deep red. Harry was dizzy and couldn't form any speech, breathing heavy.

"How was that," Draco smirked, becoming very aware that he was still completely on top of Harry. That was the strange part.

"Wow, Draco, that was, erm... that was," Harry bit his lip, "very much a like a girl."

Draco's smirk dropped and he got off of Harry completely before taking a few blades of grass and shoving them down his shirt. "How would you even know!"

"Relax," Harry laughed, sitting up and throwing himself at Draco so they were both lying down on the grass. "It was great," Harry kissed him again. "Now it's a matter of perfecting it," he wiggled a suggestive eyebrow.

They leaned in again, and the second their lips met, Harry started laughing again. "I'm sorry! I can't help it!"

Draco just rolled his eyes and started laughing as well.

--------------------------------------------

They continued on meeting just like that, every Friday, without one question or conflict. Draco's friends left them alone about it, thankfully, and when they were alone without the pressures, without the reputations, without the expectations, everything went smooth sailing.

It was just strange how compatible they were, really, it was totally bizarre and unexpected. Draco found a completely different person inside himself, strangly. It was if he had a completely different personality.

Sometimes they would go broomstick riding at midnight, or the two would hang out and talk, kiss a little... okay a lot, and at the end of each meeting, they would choreograph their next fight, insults and all. Their deceit was at an all time high, and fooling everyone was simple and grand.

Although, it's not like there weren't bumps in the road; at first they were both resistant to the idea of fighting out of the blue, simply because they didn't to cause voluntary pain to the other, but eventually they got in sync and even made a competition out of it. Whoever was champion got kissed, or a massage, or whatever they could think of.

Once when Draco won, he got Harry to sneak into Trelawny's class and shift the entire set up four inches to the right: just enough to drive her crazy.

But it was through laughing and smiling and kissing and talking about absolutely nothing at all that made them grow so close, it was if they'd know each other for years, and Draco found it being as if he was remembering Harry rather than meeting him.

It was like a dream, erratically.

Now when it came to Harry's friends; to flat out say it, they were basket cases. They would beg and plead to know who this 'mystery girl' was, and although Harry gave them very subtle hints, they were vague and there wasn't a thing to really run on.

Draco and Harry planned on that too. They knew exactly what to say if ever needed, and a long end of excuses on the back of their hands. It was when Harry would get annoyed would he say stupid things such as

Oh she's sick!

She's too nervous!

She doesn't have time!

But Hermione grew aggravated. Two Sundays before the final task- which Harry was already nervous about- when Hermione cornered him in the library.

"Harry, why won't you let Ron and I meet your girlfriend?"

"Hermione, we've gone over this how many time?"

"Harry," Hermione looked offended, "Obviously she's really important to you because all you do now a days in class is daydream. Why can't you trust us enough to tell us, or at least me!"

"Because h-she doesn't matter," Harry lied. Draco most definitely mattered. "She's not my girlfriend, anyway, why don't you get off it already?"

"Oh come on Harry," she groaned, "There's no way you can get that look off you're face without her. Why are you being so secretive about this?"

"Because it's what we both want, Hermione. We agreed: no friends, no one, should know."

"But why, Harry?"

"Because for once I'm happy," he snapped, "For once I'm really happy and when no one's around, we just... we connect and we don't want the outside world to break that. Just for once can I be happy and thankful for what I have without it being taken from me?

"She makes me feel normal. She makes me forget about the tournament and that I'm Harry Potter. She doesn't just want me for the scar. And feeling normal is something I've never had. And I love it. I love the feeling of it.

"We just work well, very well, together. I don't know if it's chemistry, or if it's just compatibility, or just us being blind fools, but... I don't know how to say this," he bit his lip, "It's simple because we make it simple, and dragging friends into it would just be complicated. We don't want that now. There's a spark that I hadn't anticipated but it's there, even after four months. We're trying things out and if it all burns down in flames, let it. But for now I want to keep this between me and he-her Can you respect that?"

She took a breath, "Yes, Harry. Whatever you want. You know I'll always be here for you, right?"

"Thank you, Hermione." He leaned in to hug her and did so tightly, however he was disrupted by an angry voice.

He scoffed, and Harry identified jealousy in his irises. He took note to talk to him about it later. "Scarbrain and Granger. What, are you two planning a make out session. Does Granger want some Potty tongue? Or does she want his repulsive, unjustified fame?"

Harry was taken aback. That hurt a little. Draco knew- or supposedly knew he didn't want anyone else but him. This wasn't the fight they planned last week, and that's what turned Harry's heart cold. He was torn between wondering if there was something on Draco's mind, or if there wasn't a Draco.

"Shove off, Malfoy," Harry sneered. "Just leave her alone." Insulting Draco had become a foreign affair. Since they planned everything out in time, they didn't need fast, just they needed quantity, and their limit of practice turn Harry slow and ineffective.

"You're right, Potter. I should leave you two, wouldn't want to see such a rancid sight. Sorry I disturb your disgusting affairs, it's just, this is a public library. Why don't you bring your bitch into a dark alcove. That way you won't even have to see her repulsive face."

Harry stopped, dead cold. What the hell was Draco saying? He stuttered, and Hermione stood with a pale face. He clenched his fist, but Draco uncharacteristically showed no remorse.

"You know Potter, I assumed you were above it all," Draco said calmly, and Harry had never been so repelled in his life, "Never thought you'd want some mudblood tongue."

Anger boiled in his stomach enough to turn his face red. A fist connected with Draco's jaw and he was on the floor. Draco grasped his bone in siring pain, looking up to see a teary eyed Harry.

"The hell is wrong with you? You're sick!"

"W-wait," he dropped all masks.

"No, don't you dare speak. Don't you ever speak. Never again!"

"But-"

"Piss off, Malfoy. I can't believe I would ever think that you weren't anything but a loathsome, racist sociopath! Thank you for proving me wrong. I'll never make that mistake again," he spat, hoping Hermione figured he was talking about Draco's more-so calmer behavior. Their fights weren't as nasty as usual, and he recalled Ron made a comment about it at breakfast the other day. Harry barely defended him, saying that a miracle happened and the Gods above blessed a somewhat nice Malfoy.

But then again, he couldn't care less if Hermione found out right then, because he decided that what he and Draco had was over. Completely over. History to never be read again. Their bliss ended in six words.

And not one word of regret leaked from his mouth.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

171K 6.9K 20
*COMPLETED* Harry, Draco and the other seventh years have come to re-do the year. Draco is struggling with post war Hogwarts and is just trying to b...
58.9K 1.9K 18
In addition to being the fourth unwanted Champion in the Triwizard Tournament, Harry discovers something that makes his fourth year so much more thri...
714K 22.2K 20
Enemies, Friends, Lovers Harry never knew those three words could be synonymous, but his sixth year at Hogwarts has challenged everything he has come...
306K 9.6K 28
"Why do you keep avoiding me, Draco?!" "'Cuz i don't deserve you, Harry." . . . . . A Drarry fanfic set in the 8th year of Hogwarts. contains: Dra...