Change β˜… Steve Rogers [4] βœ“

By -fieldoflilies

{Set In Agents Of SHIELD, Daredevil and Avengers: Age Of Ultron} WARNING: PLEASE READ THE OTHER THREE BOOKS... More

Change
One
Two
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine - AOU
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Our War

Three

6.9K 187 11
By -fieldoflilies

A.N Sorry for the long wait on this. (I've been saying that a lot lately) I've been getting ready for my holiday with my boyfriend. It'll be the first holiday I've gone on without my parents and I'm shitting myself for the plane. Planes are the biggest part of my anxiety. So having my boyfriend there might help me.

I'm going on holiday on Tuesday so I won't be updating for a week. I'll get this story going as soon as I get back.

-------------------------------------

As Skye and Tripp set off, me and May sped to the nearest road. We drove for a while before jarvis started beeping at me.

"What is it, Jar?" I shouted over the bike noise.

"There seems to be an overturned vehicle ahead. Judging by the make and number plate it is a SHIELD car." I took a deep breathe as I knew Hunter was in there with Idaho and Isabelle. We turned a corner and immediately saw the wreckage.

"Oh my god." I said to myself, stopping the bike and getting off of it. "Hunter!" I shouted walking round the car to see if I could find him. I heard a groan and I saw Hunter trapped in his seat. "Hunter." I exclaimed kneeling down to see him. May pulled my bike around and joined me.

"Are you alright?" May asked.

"Do I look alright?" Lance rhetorically asked. I looked in the car to see Isabelle and Idaho both dead.

"Where's the Obilisk?" I asked now worried about where it was.

"Creel got it. Go after him. I'll be alright." Lance was never one that thought he needed help when injured.

"No. I'm staying to help you." I told him but he shook his head.

"No you're not. I'll be fine. You two need to get him before we lose him." May nodded before we heard tires screeching in the distance.

"Soldiers. Ashley, we need to go." May told me as she got up and got onto my bike again. I huffed and handed Lance a gadget that could cut through anything.

"Ashley, go. I can handle them." I sighed sending Lance a smile before getting back on my bike. I took one more look at Lance before speeding off as May held onto my waist tightly. As we rode, I called Phil and told him what happened.

"What was Hunter thinking?" Phil asked.

"He was trying to save Hartley." May shouted as I was too busy concentrating on looking for Creel and driving.

"Are you sure?" Phil asked meaning Isabelle and Idaho.

"They're gone. It was bad Coulson." May shouted and I weaved through car after car.

"Two agents down, another captured. This shouldn't have happened." Phil whispered to himself but me and May both heard it. If only Isabelle did what I said and didn't touch it then this wouldn't have happened. "We got a hit. 911 just picked up a stolen vehicle up the road from you." I looked down at the map on my bike and it showed the exact vehicle that Creel was in. "Older model. Red and white pick-up."

"That has to be Creel." I shouted.

"Ashley, you're approaching a civilian area without backup. If you see him, do not engage. Do you copy?" I ignored Coulson and weaved my way past cars as quick as I could.Horns beeped at me left and right. "Ash, that doesn't sound covert."

"I got him. We're closing in." The vehicle was right in front of us.

"Ashley, do as Coulson says." May shouted from behind me but I ignored her.

"Jarvis, prepare the guns." I heard whirring as the guns built into the sides of my bike came out.

"Ashley, drop back. Do not engage." Once again, I ignored Coulson.

"Gomez, don't!" I ignored May again.

"Locked on Miss Gomez." Jarvis told me and I just had to tell Jarvis when to fire.

"Do not engage, Ashley!" Coulson shouted this time.

"I'm not just letting him go, Phil." I shouted back to him.

"Creel isn't working alone and I wanna know who he answers to. Drop back into surveillance mode and tell Jarvis to disengage. That is an order!" I sighed beaten and slowed down my bike.

"Jarvis, disengage." The guns went back into my bike and I sighed heavily. I kept the map up on my bike so we could easily follow Creel and find out who he answers to. We ended up following him to a diner. I stopped across the street from the diner and watched Creel go inside.

"Looks like it's a waiting game." May commented. I nodded and got off my bike. May did the same and the waiting game began.

Half an hour in and my phone started ringing. I brought it out of my pocket and looked at the caller ID. It was a picture of me and Nat from christmas dinner. Wonder what she wants? I walked away from May and answered.

"Hey Nat, what's up?"

"Question; have you and Steve thought about the venue for the wedding?" I sighed and quickly looked at May to see if anything had happened, it hadn't.

"We haven't even thought of a date yet so no. Why?" I asked her crossing my arms.

"Just some people have been calling non-stop since they saw that ring on your finger. So many people wanna host your wedding it's insane. Just so many emails are in my inbox, it's like I'm you." She explained and I rubbed my forehead. I don't need wedding shit right now. I'm technically on a mission.

"Natasha, I don't need this right now." I told her.

"I know, I know. I just thought you'd like to know for when you get back." She said and I sighed.

"I'll deal with that when I get back. But I gotta go, okay. Send my love to Steve and make sure Tony isn't messing around."

"I'll make sure of it. Oh, and I beat Steve in that spare the other day." I smiled hearing Steve get beat by Natasha.

"That's my girl. Alright, I'm going to go. See you when I get back." I told her.

"Will do. Good luck with whatever you're doing."I smiled.

"Thanks. Later." I then hung up on Nat and put my phone in my pocket.

"Who was that?" May asked and I turned to her.

"Natasha." I said and she frowned confused. "Black Widow." She nodded knowing who I was on about. "Yeah apparently people have been emailing everyone to try and book their venue for my wedding. Some people are just so desperate." I told her and she nodded. "Look, May. Can we put what happened on that mission behind us? It just seems to be eating away at us and destroying our friendship. And I value you as a friend more than as an enemy." I really did value her as a friend more. Me and her use to joke and laugh and just be good friends to each other. I miss those times to be honest.

"Same here. Things happen and we move on." She smiled lightly and I did the same back. "Now let's get this over with." I nodded with her and hid behind a van with her so if Creel came out he wouldn't see us.

It's been another half hour and still nothing. I was bored so started to twist my bo-staffs in my hands.

"Any update of Creel?" I heard Phil ask in my earpiece.

"He's been in there over an hour. Either he's waiting for a drop-"

"Or getting drunk off his ass. I miss those days." I finished for May. She rolled her eyes before we heard a woman scream come from the diner. I immediately put my bo staffs on my back and ran in with May on my tail.

Once inside I saw a woman behind the counter slowly turning into stone. Creel must have attacked her with the Obelisk. I knelt down next to her and examined her.

"Okay, everybody get back." May told the guests as I looked at the woman's arm.

"I don't know what happened, she just touched the guy, and then he took off." Another waiter said and I could see the waitress pleading me to help with her eyes.

"I'm so sorry." I whispered to her as all of her quickly turned to stone. Soon enough the ambulance came and me and May had to get back to my bike.

"All she did was touch his arm, Phil. I don't understand it." I told Phil as me and May sat on my bike watching as the paramedics took the woman away.

"We know that Creel absorbs the properties of whatever he touches. He must have absorbed the Obelisk and it's deadly powers." Once Phil said that I sighed heavily as I just wanted this done with.

"But why hurt a waitress?" May asked.

"I don't think it was intentional." Phil said.

"You think he's losing control?" I asked.

"He had some control issues when SHIELD first came across him."

"If that's what's happening; everybody around him is at risk." May added.

"Knew I should have engaged him earlier." I mumbled to myself and May nudged me.

"Then both you and May would be dead too. If this on anyone-"

"Don't say what I think you're gunna say." I cut Phil off. "Being Director doesn't mean taking the fall for everything."

"Yes it does. Go dark, get back here when you can." Phil told us.

"Yes, sir." Me and May both answered before I started the bike up again and started heading back to the Playground.

Once me and May got back, I parked my bike next to the jet and walked to get changed back into my comfortable clothes. Once I was changed, I made my way to Phil's office where he, Tripp and May were waiting.

"He couldn't have gone far. Local authorities has his description. Roadblocks are up." May explained as she sat on Phil's desk.

"Talbot's people are still out there." Phil rubbed his forehead. I could tell he was tired of getting nowhere.

"Why was Creel in a bar?" Tripp asked.

"He was waiting for someone." May answered for me.

"We just don't know if they actually showed up." I told Tripp as I crossed my arms.

"We need a solve for Creel's powers and we need it yesterday. How's the lab coming?" Phil strolled over to us and faced Tripp.

"Nothing yet." Tripp answered making me sigh. Poor Fitz. He's probably had to push himself really hard because of this whole thing. I should visit him later, see how he is.

"You remember that encrypted Hydra frequency we shut down?" Skye came in with a tablet in her hands. "Well it's back up." Phil went over to see what was on her tablet.

"Someone sent a message." Phil said.

"A message for us with a phone number to call." Skye explained.

"Could be Creel." May suggested.

"Creel? A phone number? What, is he lonely?" Tripp joked and I smiled as Tony would have said something like that.

"I doubt it. The guy is jacked. And he can turn any body part into any material." Skye seemed impressed with what Creel could do. It was impressive, but annoying that he wasn't on our side.

"Okay, thank you for that. Call the number." Phil told Skye and she did just that.

"Hello?" A woman's voice came from the other side.

"Who is this?" Phil asked.

"Agent Coulson, I'm glad you got this message." I frowned confused. How does this woman know Phil?

"Raina, as I live and breathe." I saw May next to me so I leaned over to her.

"Who's Raina?" I whispered to May.

"Some chick that works for Hydra." May whispered back and I nodded. I then felt a vibration in my pocket. I took out my phone and saw a picture of Pepper. Bet you 10 bucks it's got something to do with the wedding.

"I'll be back in a sec." I whispered to May and she nodded letting me leave to take the call.

"Hey, Pep." I said cheerfully.

"Ash, what the hell is going on with these venue managers? Their filling up my inbox asking where you want your wedding. I've asked Steve about it but he has no idea yet."

"Pep, I am so sorry. They've been doing it to everyone. Just ignore them, we'll figure something out soon." I told her as I leaned against a wall.

"It's okay, Ash. They're very desperate people I have to say." Pepper said as agents walks past me and nodded to me.

"It's what they're like. When I get back I promise me and Steve will figure out a date. If we find Bucky though." I looked at my nails and sighed. Getting married without Bucky is something I don't want to have to do. So finding him is priority once I get back.

"I heard about him. God, Ash you've been through so much. Tell you what, how about you let me plan your wedding? We need to go dress shopping remember." I groaned knowing I'd have to put up with Pepper whilst shopping. Don't get me wrong, I love her to pieces, but she's very bossy when I want to buy things.

"I know but I need to figure out my maid of honour and bridesmaids and who's going to walk me down the aisle-" I blabbed on but Pepper shushed me.

"Ash. Don't worry about that now. I'll talk to Steve about dates and this whole Bucky thing and we'll sort everything out. I don't want you stressing about it, you've been through so much, you desearve a break." I nodded as I agree with her. I do deserve a break, but I'm not sure SHIELD or Avengers will let me. "Talking of break; you thought about your honeymoon?" I widened my eyes as I completely forgot about a honeymoon.

"Pepper, I honestly don't think we'll get one." I ran my hand through my hair before seeing Phil walking towards me. "Sorry Pep, but I gotta go."

"Oh, well okay . I'll talk to you later." I should really spend more time with Pepper.

"Will do." I hung up on Pepper and put my phone back in my pocket. "We going after Creel?" I asked Phil as he stood in front of me.

"We are, you're staying here." Phil said and I frowned confused.

"Why?" I asked crossing my arms.

"That little stunt you pulled. You almost disobeyed me and went against what we said to do. You were willing to risk the lives of the people around you. Plus I think Fitz would like some company." I sighed defeated. I knew I was in the wrong, but was too focused on getting Creel I forgot about other people. And innocent people should be my main concern.

"You're right. I'm sorry, I wasn't concentrating."

"You know you don't have to be here. You can go back and get some well earned rest." Phil stepped closer and I shook my head.

"No can do, sir. I need to find the Obelisk. It's very dangerous." I told him. "Plus, as you said, I think Fitz would like some company." I smiled at Phil and he smiled back. "Good luck with Creel." I told him and he patted my arm before turning to leave. I sighed and made my way over to Fitz's lab. I smiled widely seeing Lance and hugged him tightly.

"Ow." He complained so I immediately let him go.

"Sorry." I looked at him and he was bruised all over. "You going with them to get Creel?" I asked him.

"Course I am, they don't trust me fully but I owe Hartley." I nodded understanding why he wanted to do this. "I heard what you did by the way, such an Ashley thing to do." I whacked his arm and I forgot his was bruised.

"Sorry. I shouldn't have done it though. I need to concentrate more. And it's understandable why they don't fully trust you. But I know you too well, Lance.I trust you even if Phil doesn't." I told him and he smiled at me.

"You're a great friend, you know that?" Lance said and I shrugged my shoulders.

"Been told many a time." I smirked.

"Hey, Hunter!" I looked behind me to see May. "Time to go." I smiled at Lance before he walked past me to May. I then sighed before going to find Fitz. I found him with three scientists and Mack listening to him as he talked. He was fiddling with something in his hands and I knew he was struggling on his words. I heard Mack talking about taking down Creel and I could see Fitz was getting anxious. Fitz then pushed files off the table and faced away. I jogged quickly to him to see if he was okay.

"Hey, it's me. It's Ashley." I whispered to him and he looked down at me. "Just breathe, Fitz." I told him and he did so. I turned to see that Mack had dismissed the scientists.

"Take it easy." Mack was getting impatient with Fitz which I didn't like at all.

"Look, I didn't solve this today." Fitz turned back to Mack.

"Yeah, you said that already."

"I didn't solve this, today." Fitz shouted.

"You solved it before?" I asked, slowly trying to get what we needed out of Fitz.

"Yes." Fitz told me.

"So you're looking for an old design?" Mack was quickly catching on.

"Yes!" Fitz exclaimed and I rubbed his arm hoping to calm him down a little.

"Alright." Mack went to fetch a tablet with all the designs on them. "I'm with you turbo." We looked over Mack's shoulder at the different designs and Fitz said no to the first 3.

"Wait. Go back one." Mack did as Fitz said and looked more closely at the design.

"Yeah. That's it." I smiled and Mack prepared to tell the others what they needed to stop Creel. Once we had it, Phil was called and told me to suit up so I could go with him to stop Creel. Once suited and booted, we made our way to where the team were. Apparently, Lance had shocked May, Skye and Tripp so he could take Creel himself. I thought Lance was better than that.

Once we got there, I saw Creel standing over Lance. I saw Creel go for Lance so I took the thing, ran and put the thing on Creel's back and used his body to spin myself round to where Lance was. Creel groaned in pain as his powers turned him into stone. It worked. Fitz's thing worked.

Phil looked at Lance and was disappointed in Lance, a feeling I felt too. Obviously I didn't know Lance well enough.

"Scout's honour? You never were a boy scout, were you?" Phil rhetorically asked and Lance smiled a sorry. "Alright, let's get out of here." Phil told me and I nodded going to leave. I was really disappointed in Lance. But then again, I did something similar earlier. We all make mistakes, just if they're massive ones then you can't be forgiven.

Once I got back to the Playground I made my way straight to the lab and entered with a big smile on my face.

"Well I'm telling you boys that gadget worked like a dream." I smiled and Mack smiled back.

"It was thanks to this man." Mack put his hand on Fitz's shoulder but he looked uncomfortable with it being there. "Just remembered, I need to check on that quinjet." Mack smiled before leaving, which left me with Fitz.

"You should be proud of yourself. "I said to Fitz and he smiled weakly. "Phil told me about your partner. Simmonds. I know how it is to lose someone so close to you. Man, I've been through it so many times. How you holding up without her?" I asked and Fitz seemed at peace with talking about his partner.

"I'm okay." He looked at me with his blue eyes and I knew he was telling the truth. Fitz, at this moment, was okay. I weakly smiled at him and decided to chat with him about his life and get to know him a bit more. I think Fitz liked my company, cause for once, I'm sure in a long time, he laughed. I need to make sure, Fitz is alright, and in a good state before I leave. He's definitely invited to the wedding.

----------------------------------

A.N. Second episode done. Looks like Fitz is getting really comfortable with Ashley. Which I want as they friendship is something I want to come out of her visit to see Phil. And May and Ashley made up( kinda, not fully). I'm sure they'll fully apologise once Phil get's involved.

Again, I will be going on holiday on Tuesday so no updates for a week. Sorry about that but I need this holiday. I will try and get more updates of this up after I come back but if I get done early; before AOU comes out on DVD, I will be focusing on my other FF's to get them going. I may end the AOS episodes early to do an episode or two or Daredevil. Still not 100% sure if I'm going to do them but I'm thinking about it.

As always, please comment and vote as I feel like my stories are not as good as they were, maybe it's because I'm doing a TV show but I'm not sure. I really would like to know if this story is as good as the others. I just feel like I'm not as good anymore. But hey ho.

- Emma x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 31K 27
(Book one) When Anna Smith enrolled in the army, she was best friends with Bucky Barnes and Steve Rogers. She left them to follow a dream of becoming...
239K 7.2K 143
Y/N Rogers got the healthier genes compared to her twin brother, Steve. But they both got an equal amount of stupidness and stubbornness. Due to this...
85.4K 3.2K 32
Michaela King is new to the superhero gig - as in, super new. (Ha) But that doesn't mean she plans to shy away from her newfound responsibilities, es...
578K 18.9K 36
Peter never grew up with Uncle Ben and Aunt May. He grew up with HYDRA, trained and brainwashed to be even better then the Winter Soldier. He spends...