Mixing Business with Pleasure...

By Aabirah

They say never Mix Business with Pleasure. Both Candice and her Boss Samuel Peters strongly believed that unt... More

Prologue - The Look
1 - Confrontation
2 - Venerability
3 - Blown Away
4 - Lunch Date
5 - Waiting
6 - Moving on: Part 1
7 - Moving On Part 2
8 - Morning After
9 - Salty
10 - Heart
New Cover
11 - Secret
12 - Surprise
13 - Changes
14 - Sick and Tired
15 - Office Drama
16 - Truth
Double Update
17 - Broken
18 - Trouble
19 - Turnt Up
20 - The Plea
21 - Plan B
Thank you / Please Read
22 - Tempted
23 - Past
24 - Change
25 - Sorry
26 - Frustration
27 - Forgiven
28 - Surreal
Office Fuck
29 - No
30 - Goodbye
31 - Alone
32 - The Talk
34 - Get together Part 2
35 - Get together Part 3
36 - Get Together Part 4
37 - Confession
Epilogue
SEQUEL / FINAL THANKS

33 - Get Together Part 1

14.1K 615 65
By Aabirah

Wattpad wouldn't let me upload this yesterday

Candice pov

Is it bad that I was happy when Samuel told me Simone had left the country?

To me it just made it all less complicated, and a battle won because now there was nothing to worry about. No baby mother drama. I know there was a possibility that it could have been his baby, and that I was advocating for him to take responsibility but this way that is all eliminated. We can focus on us, and our future. Like, a part of me doesn't even mind rushing into things anymore. Though I was slightly tipsy when I was talking to Renee about wedding plans, and getting all excited - it really is possible. To be honest I couldn't really see my life with anyone else but him. I was even willing to take it all on.

Though I'm secretly glad, Samuel feels a little differently. He feels like that could be his seed and if it is he will never know, and additional guilt because he can move on like he wanted to in the first place. I think the hardest part for him, is that he won't know. He'd rather he found out, it just wasn't his then be second guessing. He's had people looking in to it. He literally hired people to track her.

He becomes so animated when he speaks about us, and he was so happy when I told him about not having a break. To be honest, no Simone helped me to think less about the complicity of the situation. Samuel is now a divorced man, and there's no strings attached. So in his words 'what's stopping us?'. That's why I agreed to meeting his family today, agreeing to take the next step and to show him that I want this as much as he does. Though, I still want to enjoy us, just being us. Enjoying each others company and doing new things together.

We've spent a lot of time together this week, as Samuel arranged meetings so we didn't have to go in until next week. As usual at first, I was talking about all the things we'd have to do when he goes back, but he reminded me he's the boss and what he says goes. Staying with Samuel feels like an escapism. I almost feel as if I've moved in, most of my stuff is here, and it's certainly better than my apartment. And I get to see him everyday. Waking up to his light snores is my new alarm.

I tapped Samuel's nose. He was half asleep but I wanted to wake him up fully to ask him what he's wearing. I'd been thinking about which dress I should wear all night. Knowing I was going to meet his parents and his sister, and even Daniel made me so nervous I couldn't sleep. Not even counting sheep could do the trick. I'd made sure to wash my hair the night before and take time in doing those bandu knots, I didn't care what Samuel thought when I wrapped the silky headscarf around my head. It needed to be perfect for tomorrow.

"Go back to sleep woman" he mumbled, his half open eyes were scanning my face as I hovered over him.

"No, wake up" I said stabbing his nose with my finger with every word. I'd been waiting for ages.

He caught my finger, his grip was strong as he raised it to his mouth and bit it, "Stop playing, go back to sleep"

I smiled down at him, there was no way he was going to be able to get back to sleep now I'd finally woken him, I placed a kiss on his juicy lips "Good morning baby"

I straddled him, as he rubbed his eyes "Well I'm still going back to sleep, so good night" dismissing my greeting.

"No you're not" I laughed, as I felt him harden from underneath me. He was so predictable. Though now I felt him, I wanted him too.

He sighed heavily when I moved my body on top of him to tease him.

He quickly flipped us over, so he was on top of me, and our heads were at the bottom end of the bed, "Candice" he paused as we become trapped in our lust again, "why are you up so early?"

"Because we need to plan everything for today" I put emphasis on we.

Samuel chuckled, "Everything is already sorted" without him saying anymore, I knew he meant the catering and how beautiful outside already looked - people had come over to fix it up.

"No, not the bbq. What we're wearing. I need to know what you're putting on so I can wear something that kind of matches. Not like the same color but, we can't be clashing. And, I need to know what things your family don't like so that I don't say the wrong thing. Oh, an-"

Samuel ended my sentence by resting his lips on top of mine, "Stop over thinking it" he told me seriously but I could see him smiling.

"But" I started only to be cut off with another kiss, I don't think he realized how important this stuff is.

"Everything is going to be fine, I don't care what I'm wearing. If it makes you feel better you can pick it. And woman, don't worry about what my family don't like, they will love you. Daniel knows you already, so that's one less person to worry about"

"Yeah but he only knows the 'work me' not the 'brothers girlfriend me'" I reasoned.

He tugged at my bottom lip with his teeth, "Both of these people are still the same you, they will love you I promise"

But I knew better, they were both different people. At work, Daniel rarely saw me anyway, "How are you so sure?"

"I just know, what's there not to love?" he asked me, as if I was supposed to answer that.

There's plenty of things. Maybe they'll think I'm one of those slutty women that wanted Samuel for his money just like Simone, especially as I'm his PA. It sounds so typical. Or maybe they will detect the hood in me and not like it, just like Ryan's bougie family. They might even pry into where I live, or where I was born. Or maybe pops will embarrass me, if he's still able to come. I'd invited him over because I felt it was important for him to be involved in my life.

There was tension between us when i found out that he'd been cheating on mom all the time they'd been married. What hurt me the most is that, he was still at it when she was sick. I vowed I'd never speak to him again because of it, but after a whole year and him trying to reach out constantly I allowed him back in. Both Lala and Renee, who had known him and how much he loved me had encouraged me to rekindle a relationship with him regardless as life is too short, and I wouldn't want him to pass too without us being on talking terms. Things will never be the same between us though - ever.

I rolled my eyes in response, not saying anything though a part of me wished I never agreed to this.

Though when both Samuel and I were dressed up, him in beige slacks and white shirt, and me in a white sun dress, that stopped at my knee - I felt way better, and a lot less stressed out. I was trying to be conservative but not looking like a old woman at the same time, and my hair looked good. I wore nude lipstick, and nude pumps. My hair held up well, the curls looked perfect and because I'd done the knots on stretched out hair, they fell past my shoulders - at least I looked the part.

We were ready way too early for the actual bbq to start, but everything was set up. And I must say this is the grandest bbq set up I've ever seen in my life. It looked more like an event. Samuel's bachelor looking pad had been completely transformed. There was a drinks bar set up, as well as different sections for different types of food. Like, it looked like there was an army coming or something.

"See I told you everything would be alright" Samuel wrapped his arm around me from behind.

"I haven't met your people yet, and pops said he's coming for definite, so you beware now" I said playfully as I felt him pressed up against me, his head rested on my shoulder as I looked though the window at the beautiful view outside.

He laughed lightly, I felt the tingle in my ear. "I'm going to have to prove that I love his daughter, and convince him to give you to me. I'm gunna to be going all out, by the time he leaves you gone think he's my pops"

I scrunched up my face as his confidence, and was about to respond when I heard my phone ring, "Whatever Samuel, you just watch" I secretly hoped pops would give him a hard time, like he did Ryan, just to see how he would get out of it.

"Hey girl" It was Renee.

"Hey," she said excitedly, "Sky and I are on our way. Is there anything I could bring?"

"Nah, just bring yourself. There's actually too much here as it is." I replied, swatting away Samuel who was kissing me on the back of my neck. There was zero time for us to even have a quickie, and he was just walking temptation.

"That's whats up" I bet her arse was secretly happy there'd be loads of food and drink.

"Wait, is it just you and Sky what about the nail girl?" I asked forgetting her name.

"Who, Tasha?" Renee answered, though I know she knew who I was talking about.

"Yeah, why don't you bring her along" I suggested, I wanted to see this girl with my own eyes.

"Don't you think that'd be weird? I mean we've only been talking for a couple of days. She was cool but, I don't know, like I ain't trying to be with a woman as a date"

"Nah, I don't think it'd be weird. Girl, you been talking to her everyday since you called her business line. It's actually perfect. You could drop it in causal, like it's your girls get together and ask her if she's free, that way it's not like a proper date is it?" I planted the idea in her head.

"Aight, maybe I'll ask her. She did wanna meet Sky." She was so quick to agree with me, she knew deep down she wanted to invite her in the first place.

I cooed, thinking about my little bug "I can't wait to see her myself, tell her I got plenty of that ice-cream she likes just for her"

"She's lucky you got it, I been trying to get her off all that sweet stuff" Renee chuckled, before I heard Sky shouting about something. I bet this girl has managed to break something again.

"Alright girl, I'll see you in a bit." I hanged up, as soon as Renee said she had to deal with the case.

I walked into the living room to see Lala and the vanilla man from the jazz bar laughing and joking with Samuel. I didn't even realise they had come in, and that Mr.Vanilla had managed to stay in Lala's good books for so long.

Lala hugged me as soon as I walked over. I was so grateful she came early like I told her too, I wanted some of my people around before Samuel's family made it. "He's the one" she whispered in my ear quietly. Damn, Samuel already made a good impression, I smiled up at him when Lala and I broke apart.

I shook Mr.Vanilla's hand, who I learnt was called Michael. He was smooth, he seemed like the calm laid back type, not easily phased by anything - which is good because Lala is a strong, powerful type of woman so she doesn't need a man who comes across as all arrogant and disrespectful. She wouldn't stand for all that anyway, plus she's loud and vibrant - maybe this guy will mellow her out some. I could already see changes in her behaviour. She was literally blushing at everything he said, it was just too cute.

I heard a knock at the door which made my heart beat faster. Though I was in mid conversation and had a nice glass of white wine in my hand, all I could think about was, who was at the door. Please don't make it be his parents. Please God please, make it be Renee. Make it be her lord. But it wasn't it was Daniel. I could tell by his voice though he hadn't entered the living room yet. All I could hear where their loud laughs, whilst my smile had vanished.

Lala noticed my nerves, "Girl stop stressing, where's my real Candice at. She don't care what nobody thinks." she patted my shoulder, before glancing at Michael who had gone to get some drinks for them both, "Besides he gone love you" she whispered before slipping away leaving me standing alone.

I didn't have a chance to shout at her to come back as I saw Daniel stroll in with a latin looking woman on his arm. His eyes glanced around the room, before they landed on me who stood there nervous as hell whilst trying to muster a smile. He walked towards me, leaving the woman behind in the dust "Candice, my sister, my sister. So you're the woman Sammy boys, been sprung over for all these months."

Samuel looked as his brother like he could kill him, as Daniel embraced me in a hug. I laughed both in shock at Daniel, the CEO of my workplace hugging me, and Samuel's reaction.

"Yes this is me" I said stupidly. For Daniel to know, that means he'd been talking about me. I've been the mystery woman. I wonder what he's been saying.

"I knew it" he said smartly "I seen him looking you up and down in that meeting. I knew something was up"

"You didn't know shit" Samuel interrupted him.

The latin woman that walked in with Daniel, now stood beside him cleared her throat loudly which caused Daniel to look at her, "This my brother Samuel and Candice, and this is" his eyes looked real small as his eyes squinted up in thought, "Wanda"

The woman dressed in a bright yellow dress that showed every inch of her body off, looked agitated, "Rosita" she snapped, before smiling at us, "Nice to meet you all"

"Whatever" Daniel said casually. I tried to hold back laughter, at Daniel's non-caring attitude. Not that I thought he was right but I would not have expected that. I thought he was married or something.

"Nice to meet you too" I replied politely, which caused Samuel to repeat what I said.

"So Candice, what do you see in my brother? You could do better" He gave me the look over.

Samuel laughed, before muttering a remark I didn't quite catch but Daniel did. "I'm just joking. Sammy getting all defensive and shit, nah but seriously it's nice to see the woman that's managed to put a smile back on this nigga's face, though I been seeing you all this time"

"Yeah" I agreed, smiling back at him "I'm glad to meet you in a different setting." I said thinking of how different he was in the work place, not that I worked with him that closely.

"Things gone be completely different now, well if you come back, you're practically family."

I raised my eyebrow. I mean I was shocked at how welcoming of me he was so quickly. I'd heard a lot about how he takes his time to read people, even in business Daniel was known to be friendly but distant. He didn't seem the time to be all nicey nicey.

I stuttered, "Well I-" I started before I relaxed into Samuel's arms. He'd snuck his way over and I'd now leaned into him.

"You right. In my eyes she's already the wife" Samuel said openly.

"See you got him whipped already" Daniel joked, whilst the latin woman cooed.

I stood there blushing, I'd never felt so shy in all my life. I'm not even a shy type of person but I just felt like all eyes were on me at once.

A/N The next part will be through the eyes of Samuel.

I can't believe all y'all that have been keeping up with this story and sticking through it. I'm too humbled by it. It's crazy it's coming to an end soon... I only started this like less than a month ago.

But as y'all know, there will be a sequel coming, thanks to those that commented two chapters ago. Pov's will still be coming from Renee, Samuel, and Candice (again).

Can I have a lil help on Sequel names? It may be hard as you don't know the plot, but I'm stuck with that lol, so it may just inspire me!

Thank you all!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

210K 6.1K 43
Lotus Cortez has done things to survive, things that in the eyes of society are everything but moral. Pursing a better life she moves from Las Vegas...
583K 14.8K 42
I looked at his eyes and put up a strong face. His eyes bore into mine as much as mine into his. It was like he could read my mind and reach out to m...
38.2K 391 17
Not all Wealthy business men are arrogant, cocky, uptight need I say more. But this CEO comes from a well respected family. He was not only one of...
2.2K 104 31
{#1 in Coworkers} {#11 in Brooks} {#42 in Pleasure} {#48 in Career} {#56 in New York City} {#72 in Boss} {#76 in Secretary} {#91 in Office Romance}...