|| GONE ||

By shuureya

Incomplete yet complete love. More

Prologue
.1.
.2.
.3.
.4.
.5.
.6.
.7.
.8.
.9.
.10.
.11.
.12.
.13.
.14.
.15.
.16.
.17.
.18.
.19.
.20.
.21.
.22.
.23.
.24. (Part - I)
.24. (Part - II)
.25.
.27.
.28.
.29.
.30.
.31. (Part - I)
.31. (Part - II)
.32.
.33. (Part - I)
.33. (Part - II)
.34.
.35.
Epilogue

.26.

111 13 22
By shuureya

As I looked up, I motioned Hans with my eyes. As soon as he got my signal, he joined me on stage to play the piano. Serene, followed him up, to play violin. Zia, walked out and with the help of few waiters arranged the screen and sat right there with her laptop, all ready.

Susan and Allan were expecting a performance only by me but when Hans and Serene joined me she was surprised, completely unaware of Zia's presence behind the audience.

"Susan and Allan, the other love-birds of our gang, other than Hans and Agnès. Okay! So now can I please all the guests seated here, to turn their chairs around in the direction where Agnès and Zia are standing. That's right behind you." Everyone shocked and amazed turned around in the direction I pointed.

I signalled Agnès to start with the video. The video was all about the couple, since their childhood to the teens. Their photos and videos, from the time they started dating to a week before their weddings. Now Susan would have understood why was I shooting all the time when we were on our shopping spree.

Susan began crying as the video ended. Allan stood up and kissed her. "This was really amazing." She sobbed and hugged Allan. "Yes, it was. Now don't cry, baby. Guys, thankyou for the lovely surprise." He gave a flying kiss to all of us.

"Okay, now everyone back in the positions. Please, take your seats." Hans requested everybody.

"This one's for you." I adjusted the mic once again.

Hans began playing the notes of A thousand years (part-2) by Christina Perri ft. Steve Kazee. Although, I wanted to perform the original track but since Hans insisted on performing this one(because he thinks he love the notes of part-2 more).

I looked at the couple and began singing.

" The day we met,

Frozen I held my breath

Right from the start

I knew that I'd find a home for my heart...

... beats fast

Colors and promises

How to be brave?

How can I love when I'm afraid to fall?

But watching you stand alone

All of my doubt suddenly goes away somehow

One step closer....."

I took a deep breath and began with the chorus.

"I have died everyday waiting for you

Darling don't be afraid I have loved you

For a thousand years

I'll love you for a thousand more"

I paused for the music in between the next stanza.

"Time stands.." I had only started when a male voice joined me, making me stop. Everyone looked at the sudden interruption. It was no one from who was already on stage. I looked for the source as the voice felt familiar.

As the screen was being moved, a figure appeared from behind it, wearing a tux. Any girl who could see him in that moment, could've just fallen in love with him, instantly. I recognised the face of Theodore. He was still the same, except he had a little beard now and had grown up from a boy to a man. He had tuned out to be even more handsom than before.

"Time stands still

Beauty in all she is

I will be brave

I will not let anything take away

What's standing in front of me

Every breath

Every hour has come to this"

I became numb as his steps started in my direction singing all the while. I couldn't continue the next lines. Everyone got curious to know who he was, making such a grand entry, taking everybody's attention.

"One step closer.."

Just when I thought he'd come to me, he stopped to greet Allan and Susan. Susan gave him cold stares while Allan hugged him. He then turned around to look at me and continued to sing the chorus, as well.

"I have died everyday waiting for you

Darling don't be afraid I have loved you

For a thousand years

I'll love you for a thousand more

And all along I believed I would find you

Time has brought your heart to me

I have loved you for a thousand years

I'll love you for a thousand more...

One step closer"

I looked at Hans questioningly. I doubted maybe he knew about his coming and therefore, chose this version of the song or else how could he have made an entry right on time. He shook his shoulders in a reply, 'no, I too had no idea'.

I began with the chorus without acknowledging his presence right in front of me, or atleast pretended to do so.

"I have died everyday waiting for you

Darling don't be afraid I have loved you

For a thousand years

I'll love you for a thousand more"

This time for the next lines, Theo joined me but still I ignored his presence and kept looking at Susan, smiling, because I didn't wanted to spoil her special day.

"And all along I believed I would find you

Time has brought your heart to me

I have loved you for a thousand years

I'll love you for a thousand more.."

As the last piece was only music, I stood up and placed the guitar on my chair, turned my back to the audience, in order to wipe the tears falling down from my eyes uncontrollably.

This was the reason why I didn't wanted to confront Theo. I knew this would make me weak. It would instantly break down all the shell or the barriers I had kept around me. It would bring out all the buried feelings and memories out, leaving me all vulnerable and miserable from the unhealed and hidden wounds.

I heard the applause from the crowds.

"Are you okay?" Serene held me as the performance ended. I nodded my head lightly.

I hurried my steps towards Susan, when I stumbled a little. Theo came forward to help me but I raised my hand in protest. I lift my gown a little so that I don't trip again.

"Hey! Am so sorry! I really had no idea that he's show up at the end, all unannounced. I am really sorry, Allie." Susan reached me before I could.

"Oh please! You don't have to apologize, at all." I assured her.

"I didn't knew he'd come. He said he won't be able to make it at all because he was really busy. I don't know what happened then?" Allan too came apologizing.

"Guys! Guys! Why are you people apologizing? Allan, he is your friend and it's your wedding. So what if he came! You should go and meet him. It's been years since you guys met. Don't worry about me, at all. I am fine. Please! Don't spoil the fun. Go, he's standing alone there. Don't make him feel like a party-crasher or something."

"Are you sure, you are fine?" He asked again before leaving.

"Yes, yes. Absolutely."

"Susan, smile! Please. It's completely okay. Look, I am okay. I was anyway supposed to leave after this stage performance. Don't worry about me. Concentrate on your honeymoon now. You have your flight in two hours."

"You are leaving?" She asked disappointedly.

"Hey! Don't think am leaving because of Theo. I don't care anymore. It doesn't affect me." I lied.

"Really?" She asked, shocked.

"Yes. It's just this important meeting tomorrow morning that I promised my boss, I'd attend. So, I have to leave. I have to go back settle back my life again. This one month was wonderful and all thanks to you. You made my life happening, once again. Thank you so much for this lovely time. Once again, congratulations for your wedding."

I continued.

"Don't ever give upon your relation, Su. Allan is a very nice person and loves you a lot. Take good care of him and yourself. I will come to see you again, once you return from Paris. Enjoy your honeymoon with your honey. Don't keep worrying about me. I have Serene, Zia, Hans, Agnès and Neil here with me, right? I have been surviving from last three years what would change or happen now. Nothing! Give my wishes to Allan, too. I will meet your mom and dad and then leave. Take care!" I kissed her cheeks and wished a good-bye.

After meeting Susan's parents, I wished a good night to my gang, again explaining everything to them from where I started with Susan, a few minutes ago, making everyone assure that I was fine and not leaving because of him, though none of them was true.

I shuffled all the contents in my clutch but couldn't find my car keys. I turned it upside down, hoping to find the keys but still all in vain.

"Looking for these?" I turned back to the voice.

"Where did you get it?" I walked towards Theo to get what was mine back- The keys to my car. I glanced back at the boathouse, which was no dazzling at night. I could still hear the cheers and applauds. Kiss me by Ed Sheeran was going on. Ah! I recalled suddenly. It was the song for their first dance which I was going to miss. Although I had seen it before because I myself choreopgraphed it. I got lost into the thoughts of their practice sessions for this dance but soon was taken out, as Theo replied to my question.

"When you ran towards the car, taking your heels off, you dropped them." He stared deeply into my eyes. I tried not to make a direct eye-contact with him.

I took my hand out for the keys but he didn't handed them back.

"You've been following me? Please, give the keys back Theo. I will get late." I sternly said.

"You will drive back home alone, this late?" He played with the keys.

"It should be none of your concerns. I have been living on my own from last 3 years. You never asked or cared to know how I managed then? Just give the keys back." Anger started building up inside me.

"I am sorry but please I want to talk. I know I left and.. and I shouldn't have but things weren't good back at he and even I was unable to give my time to you and that was breaking you, hurting you. I couldn't see you like that."

"I want the keys back, right now!" I shouted.

"Listen to me once, Alice. I want to come back."

"Why should I listen to you now? What for? For your lame excuses and reasons? You didn't want to punish your dad, your family with our relation. I understood that and stepped back. Three years and you didn't cared or called or even texted. So, why now? What about your dad now? You said they will never accept this relation, then why do you want to come back now? Will they accept this now? Please, Theo. Please. I have lost myself completely. I have lost all my strength to love or to fight. I have accepted the life this way, just like you accepted your life that way then. Keys?"

I knew I was hurting him but that was the only way to get out from their. I was all choked and it was getting very difficult to talk and hold back the river in my eyes.

I heard Just the way you are by Bruno Mars, emanating from the reception, which Theo dedicated me sometime back when we were together. He too realised the same thing, as his expressions made it clear.

When still he didn't gave the keys back, I took a step forward and snatched them from him. I walked back towards my car.

I heard him calling my name again and again, but I didn't turned back. His unexpected appearance had already blown off all my senses. I was in no state to listen to him, then.

I drove past him and glanced at him in my rear view mirror. I saw his disappointed face.

As I drove away from him, I let all the tears out. I let a loud cry out and kept on crying and crying till I reached back my home, on my bed, before the old picture of Theo and me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.5K 2.4K 5
𝙸 πšπš‘πš’πš—πš” πšŠπš‹πš˜πšžπš πšπš‘πšŽ 𝚍𝚊𝚒 𝙸 πš–πšŽπš πšπš‘πšŽ πš™πšŽπš›πšπšŽπšŒπš πšœπšπš›πšŠπš—πšπšŽπš›, 𝙸 πšπš‘πš’πš—πš” πšŠπš‹πš˜πšžπš 𝚞𝚜
4.3K 439 50
because there's only ever a moment, in between the waiting and the ones who are waited for.
1.3K 139 15
A story about Truth, Loyalty, Insecurities, Misunderstandings. A story about Love. It's a love story. (I Guess)
3.2M 117K 61
πšˆπ™Ύπš„'πšπ™΄ π™Όπšˆ πš‚π™°π™»πš…π™°π™Άπ™΄, πšˆπ™Ύπš„'πšπ™΄ π™Όπšˆ 𝙱𝙰𝙻𝙰𝙽𝙲𝙴