This Bad Boy I'm With

By flabbergastme_

Thea Hartens never liked too much attention. And that's only one of her many fears. This story started whe... More

[1]: Leadership Training Seminar
[2]: The Who-Are-The-Bad-Boys Show With Grace Stewards
[3]: Seth The Gorgeous Impatient Alien
[4]: Seth And His Goddamned Motorcycle-Driving
[5]: Lunch With The Bad Boys
[6]: Chasing Thea Hartens
[7]: We're On Every Social Networking Site
[8]: The Mob Of Students
[9]: It's Going To Be Me
[10]: Just If It Wasn't For The Jerk Named Seth
[11]: Punch Me Anywhere Except My Face
[12]: Arguing Is Our Specialty
[13]: I'm Being A Two Timer?
[14]: Girl's Day
[15]: Gotta Find It Out
[16]: Forgetting Robert
[17]: Can't Believe This
[18]: It Ain't Sound Like Sunshine And Rainbows
[19]: We're Here
[20]: Princess Piglet
[21]: The Rasiven's
[22]: What Is Happening?
[23]: Who Said Good Deeds Can Only Be Done By Good People?
[24]: Spoonfeed Me, My Sexy Nanny
[25]: WONDERFUL Just Can't Describe It
[26]: UNUSUAL
[27]: "Friends" Don't Do That
[28]: Always The Expected
[29]: This Love And Hate Relationship
[30]: Too Much Events: Good Ones and Bad Ones
[31]: Realizations
[32]: Twice Hurt. Twice Helped.
[33]: Why I Fell
[34]: Why I Fell (Part 2)
[35]: Fantasy
[36]: Everything's Got A First
[37]: Goofed-Up
[38]: Sugar and Despise
[39]: No More Pretend
[40]: Break
[41]: No More Of The Way It Was
[42]: Implicitness
[44]: A Sexy Nurse With A Bonus Warm Wet Towel
[45]: Lost Stars
[46]: A Little Touch In His Heart
[47]: I'm Not The Only One
[48]: Winter Bonanza
[49]: Can You Feel The Love?

[43]: Love Ablaze

34.4K 1.5K 224
By flabbergastme_

[43]: Love Ablaze

"Come on, Marie," I mumbled to myself as I waited for Marie to answer my call. I started the car and drove out of the school campus, having no idea where to go.

It was already 4:30 pm, 3 hours (of impatiently waiting) after Grace told me the news. A newfound worry was starting to gnaw in my heart, especially when nobody could tell me which hospital Seth was and what was his current condition and what specifically happened to him.

For the fifth time, Marie didn't answer. I was already feeling discouraged so I didn't bother a sixth time and I decided to go to the hospital nearest the school.

Twenty minutes later, I arrived at St. Dave's Hospital, where my mother works. I practically dashed towards the front doors of the gigantic building and headed to the front desk.

"Hi Thea," the nurse said, recognizing me.

"Hi," I said, not remembering her. "Is Seth Deavon admitted here?"

"Wait just a sec," she said, and turning towards her computer. She typed in some letters and frowned.

"No," she replied. "Cecilia Deavon's son?"

"Nephew," I replied. "Thanks anyway."

"No problem."

And so again, I ran back to my car, not wasting any second of the time. I drove out of the hospital's parking lot and headed to the hospital on the other side of the town, being really careful of the road since it was slippery from the snow.

My phone suddenly rang and Grace's ringtone sounded. "Hello?"

"Did you find him?" she asked.

"No, not yet," I said. "I checked St. Dave's, he wasn't there. I'm driving to Red Crest Hospital right now."

"I hope he's fine," she said. "How about you, are you okay?"

"I'm fine," I said. "Dont worry about me. And if my parents call you just tell them I'm sleeping over at you house."

"I got you covered," she said. "Stay safe, okay?"

"Thanks," I said and ended the call. A few minutes later I reached the hospital and made my way towards the front nurse's desk as fast as I can.

"Yes maam, we have a patient named Seth Deavon here. What is your relation to him ma'am?" the nurse asked.

I felt like I have been slapped in the face. What was my relation to him?

"I'm his friend," I decided to say. "Can you tell me which room he's in?"

"Sure, he's in room 472, maam," she replied.

I thanked the nurse and went towards the elevator and entered it. My hands felt so cold and wet under my gloves and when I pressed the button with a four on it, my fingers was shaking.

"Relax, relax," I muttered to myself. "It's going to be fine."

I almost jumped at the ding of the elevator. Once the doors opened, I stepped out. I walked around the hallways and spotted 470... 471... and 472.

I resisted the urge to barge inside the room. I knocked softly on the door and waited, biting my lip as I felt my heartbeat getting louder and louder. The door suddenly opened and I came face to face with a sleepless-looking Tristan.

His eyes widened in surprise. "Thea! Come in, come in," he ushered. Nervously, I stepped in and saw another three sets of eyes looking at me in surprise.

"Thea," Jesse said and went to hug me. I hugged back and the other boys joined us, giving me a group hug.

"Oh my god," I sighed as we hugged. "I missed you guys so much!"

"You have no idea how much we missed you too," Tristan said. They let go of me and I had a better view of Seth. He was asleep, his head heavily bandaged and his right arm was in a cast.

"What happened?" I asked them as I neared Seth's bed and sat on the chair beside it.

"It was a day ago, Seth went to a fight in the other side if town. Of course, he won. And then it turns out, the guy he fought with was, we don't know, a sore loser maybe and he tried to shoot Seth." Arthur replied.

"Shoot?" I repeated.

He nodded. "Seth... he tried to disarm the man but he ended up being stabbed on the side of his stomach and he landed on his elbow and head pretty hard."

"Where's Marie and Sarah?" I asked.

"They're in New York, visiting Seth's uncle. They wanted to come home but the weather isn't doing well so they couldn't fly back here yet."

"And when did he last wake up?"

Arthur shook his head. "He hasn't woken up yet."

"Oh my god, Seth..." I whispered.

I held Seth's free hand and stared at the dextrose hose taped on it. I only let out a small sigh and shook my head.

"Come on guys, let's give Thea some time alone," I heard Ivan said. The boys agreed and I heard the shuffling of their feet out the door.

I stared at Seth's sleeping figure, my heart ready to burst in pain. I couldn't imagine what he felt like while lying down on that bed. I didn't know if he felt in pain or in comfort or in peace. The only thing I could do was blink back the tears as I looked at the bruises on his face and arms.

And I shouldn't cry. I had to be strong for him just like the boys were.

"I missed you so much you know," I whispered then smiled a sad smile. I finally said it to him personally though I don't know if he could hear me. "I missed your stubborness, your annoying perfect face, your arms, your care, your little kisses... I missed you." 

I laid my head and the side of the bed and out of tireness, I fell asleep.

**********************

It was almost 1 am when a nurse came in to check on Seth for the third time.

"Still not waking up?" She said as I stood up to give her some space.

"No, still not," I replied.

The nurse sat on the chair I was previously sitting on and started to check on Seth's blood pressure with her apparatus. Then she checked Seth's sugar and then he listed to his heartbeat with a stethoscope.

"Is he fine?" I asked.

"Yes, he is. His doctor said that Seth's in a good condition now."

"Oh thank god," I sighed.

"Your friends outside are sure major cuties only when they're not asleep. They do snore loudly, you know." The nurse said with a smile.

"I can only imagine," I replied.

"Do you know how to use these?" She asked me as she gestured to the BP apparatus on the side table.

I nodded. "Yes, I do."

"So once if he wakes up, you'll have to check his blood pressure and also notify the nurse in the nurse station in this floor," she said and I nodded.

She gave me one sharp nod and went out of the room.

I sat back down on the chair and closed my eyes. I let out a deep breath and felt the corners of my lips tugging up a little.

"Did you hear that Seth?" I asked, opening my eyes and collecting his hand into mine again. "You're gonna be alright and you're going to wake up soon."

After that I decided to go to sleep again. I felt tired and peaceful, and I felt like I'm in the most comfortable place ever and maybe it's because it's the news that Seth's okay or maybe it's the hand caressing my face softly.

What?

I moved my head and automatically, the hand stopped touching me. I opened my eyes and saw the familiar dextrosed hand mid-air, as if frozen, afraid to touch me again.

"Seth?" I said.

"Thea," he whispered.

"Oh my God you're awake!" I exclaimed, standing up to get a clearer view of him. I put my hands on either sides of his face and smiled. "Oh, Seth..."

I was so happy to finally see him awake and I could help but run my hands along his face. I was so happy.

But he wasn't.

A cold look flashed across his face and anger swept over his eyes. "What are you doing here?" He asked. So much venom filled his voice that I retracted my hands away from his face, a sudden fear running over me.

It felt like a happy dream turning into a nightmare.

"I-I heard about what happened to you," I let out, blinking back the tears that was threatening to fall. I swallowed and caught sight of the BP apparatus sitting on the table. I reached for it and nonetheless, fastened in on Seth.

"You shouldn't have come," he said, not facing me.

His blood pressure was normal and I took the apparatus off him. I set it down on the side table where it was originally placed.

"You can't stop me from worrying," I said.

"Did you know why I avoided you all this time?" he asked.

"No, I don't."

"Because I don't want you to get into these kinds of situations. But then, you always end up beside me, no matter what I do." There was a cold harsh tone is his voice and I couldn't bear to hear it anymore.

I decided to go out and notify the nurse. Before I could get out of the room, I said, "It's not your decision to make."

"Guys, hey, he's awake," I said to the boys as I nudged them.

"He is?" Tristan asked, yawning.

"Yeah, I'm just going to the nurse station and you should go inside." I replied.

He nodded and I proceeded to walk.

"Excuse me," I called out to the nurses who were drinking their coffee. "The patient in room 472 is awake."

They both turned towards me and nodded. "Seth Deavon?"

I nodded. "Yeah."

The nurse nodded and stood up, setting her coffee down on her table and got her clipboard. "Have you gotten his blood pressure?"

"Yeah, it's normal." I replied.

She nodded again and started walking, me behind her. She then entered Seth's room but I stayed behind, taking one of the seats and closed my eyes.

******************

"Thea," someone said, waking me up.
I opened my eyes to see Ivan bending down infront of me.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Get inside, Seth wants you to sleep properly," he replied.

He helped me up and lead me to the door. The other boys were already asleep, Arthur and Jesse crammed in the guardian's bed and Tristan on a sleeping bag, the space beside him indicating that it was occupied by Ivan.

"Hey," Seth said as we walked in. "I'm sorry for awhile ago."

"It's okay, I understand," I said.

"Come here," he said and patted the space he had made on the bed. "Lay down beside me."

Oh my god he wanted me to sleep on the hospital bed with him?

And so I did, climbing up on the bed and laid on my side, facing him. He put his arm under my head which served as a pillow. Ivan went back to sleep so it left me and Seth the only ones awake.

"It's 3 am, you should be sleeping," I half-whispered, half-said sleepily.

"I can't, not without saying sorry to you," he said. "Besides, I have been asleep all day. I think I can't take another ounce of sleep."

"So we're going to switch roles, like I'm the one who's going to sleep and you'll be the one who'll watch over me."

"Probabaly," he said and I could hear the smile in his voice.

"I'm happy you're not mad at me anymore," I said.

"For some reason, I can never stay mad at you."

"And do you know what reason that is?"

"Maybe. Or maybe I'm just imagining it."

"Tell me," I said, wrapping an arm around him and feeling sleepier than ever.

He sighed. "Maybe I've fallen inlove with you, Thea," I heard him say.

"I have too.." I said, my drowsiness taking control over me. And just before I could fall into a deep, happy slumber, I let go of the words, "Since a long time ago."

***************************

[A/N]: Maybe Thea was just dreaming. Or not. Just kidding she wasn't hahahahahahaha FIRST THINGS FIRST im sorry for that short crappy chapter. ITS SO SHORT IM GONNA DIE. well I almost forgot that I should already update. I mean, exams are coming up and imagine me wanting to write and finish a chapter but then what if I'll accidentally type in the formula for solving radicals using the quadratic formula?

wait, ow my brain. maaaaan it hurts.

ANYWAAAAAAAYS, that's all for now guys and again, I really am apologizing for that short chapter. It hurts my heart but I have to go now and study and I'll come back reeeaaaaaaal quick!

[Screenshot and post on instagram your favorite parts of the story and don't forget to use the hashtag #TBBIWfavepart and tag me @sxbbae (yes, I changed my username) to show your love and support!]

Thanks guys and may we have more blessed days to come ❤

Vote, Comment and Share!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

492 5 30
"You said you wanted to love me but couldn't. Why is that." Jordan looked at me and pulled at his hair. "For reasons you can't understand right now K...
1.3M 43.7K 92
"You're mine. And I don't think you wanna go against that." Her eyes dangerously darkened. He gulped, and nodded a yes. --- Everybody has a story. An...
358K 16.5K 33
[ Highest Rank: #64 in Teen Fiction ] [ Highest Rank: #191 in Random ] (i'm currently re-editing this, so i'm sorry if it's messy) When Danielle's mo...
1.1K 55 7
Welcome to Mackenzie Court high school.Where there are jocks, cheerleaders, geeks and then there's just her. Veronique Clarke the girl who has only t...