The Lost Princess of Windrains

By bunnydream199

[UNDER REVISION] ๐‘จ ๐’‘๐’“๐’๐’‘๐’‰๐’†๐’„๐’š ๐’๐’๐’„๐’† ๐’‡๐’๐’“๐’†๐’•๐’๐’๐’…, ๐‘ฐ๐’” ๐’ƒ๐’†๐’ˆ๐’Š๐’๐’๐’Š๐’๐’ˆ ๐’•๐’ ๐’–๐’๐’‡๐’๐’๐’…. ๐‘ช... More

Author's Note: I'M BACK!
Prologue
Chapter 1: Dream
Chapter 3: The Strange Guy
Chapter 4: Fae Pet
Chapter 5: Naming
Chapter 6: Araindale
Chapter 7: Dinner with the Queen
Chapter 8: Myrtle
Chapter 9: School?
Chapter 10: Tea

Chapter 2: The Egg

21.6K 940 73
By bunnydream199

Media: Suzy Bae as Hazel Devereaux

I opened the door slowly, hoping mom wouldn't notice I've arrived so late in the evening.

"Where were you at this hour?" I flinched upon hearing mom's repressed angry voice. I should have known she would be waiting for me in the living room. Although I've prepared an excuse just in case!

"We have a lot of exams coming up so Hazel and I decided to study out at the café. I'm sorry I forgot to mention, it was kind of sudden" I reasoned out hoping she would believe me.

"I've already called Hazel a while ago and she said you weren't together. Why don't you just tell me the real reason why you're late?" she eyed me raising an eyebrow. Sometimes I wonder if mom had worked in FBI before. She always checks things beforehand.

"Uhm.. actually... I decided to stop by the park a while ago and fell asleep while lying on a bench looking at the sky. I guess I was really tired because when I woke up it was this late already. This may sound so stupid though but it's the truth, I promise. I'm so sorry," I said, giving her a sincere apologetic look. I'm not really lying except about the park part.

Mom sighed, "I'm surprised how I can easily believe that knowing how stupid you are,"

Okay, that kinda hurt though. "You shouldn't be sleeping just everywhere. This neighborhood may be safe, but you should still be careful! It's dangerous leaving yourself defenseless like that," She scolded.

I nodded, "You're right. I'm sorry. I promise it won't happen again"

"Okay good, as long as you understand. Nothing else happened?" she asked.

I suddenly remembered about the egg but felt like I shouldn't worry her about this thing. "Hmm nothing really," I muttered.

"Are you sure?" she pressed.

"Yep. You see I came back just fine" I chuckled then hugged her. "Love you, mom." I kissed her cheek then rushed upstairs. She's such a worrywart.

I went inside my room then locked the door. I hurriedly opened my bag to check on the egg. Okay, it looks fine. I got it off from the bag then put it on the bed. I sat on the floor while observing it closely. Hmm.. what could be inside this thing?

I noticed that the egg's light became a bit dimmer and it got me worried as if it's getting colder. Oh no, what should I do?

"Dew!" mom called from downstairs which startled me.

"Y-yes?!" I shouted back.

"If you haven't eaten anything for dinner there's some food I left in the table. Just warm it up in the microwave!" she reminded.

"Okay, thank you!" I heave a sigh of relief. Whew, I thought she was coming in. I looked back at the egg and it's not how it used to be when I first saw it. I guess I need to warm it up with something like how you're supposed to incubate eggs?

I touched the egg and was taken aback when it suddenly glowed with life. I lifted my hand and it became dim again. What?! Am I supposed to keep touching this thing? I guess this is what the voice meant when it said I should take care of this? So.. weird...

Anyways maybe a lamp could also do the trick. Feeling a bit hungry, I placed the egg wrapped in a warm towel under a lamp then head downstairs to heat the food. After eating, I rushed back to the room and the egg is still radiant. I guess the lamp theory does apply. I smiled.

I sat by the study table then got the books I'd be needing for tomorrow's exam. I focused on studying while the egg is just right beside my book bathed under the lamp's light. After some time, I checked the clock and it's already 1:00 am. I guess that's it for tonight. I should go to sleep.

I went to lie down on the bed. I closed my eyes but glanced at the egg one more time before I bid it a good night. I was surprised when it suddenly move. It rolled down from the table then landed on the bed right by my feet and continued rolling till it was right beside me.

It... it moves... I thought in disbelief then suddenly realized. "Oh no no no. You can't possibly mean you want to sleep beside me?" I sighed. "I move a lot in my sleep you know. I might break you before you even hatch." I warned it.

It moved sideways as if protesting to what I was saying. "You can't be serious," I eyed it then gave up. "Okay fine," I looked at my surroundings as if expecting the voice to hear me. "Don't blame me if this egg breaks okay? It was stubborn," I said to thin air.

I carefully placed the egg in between my hands then curled up to sleep. Yeah, I did say that, but I couldn't sleep a wink the whole night! I was worried the whole time I might break this egg. Darn it. Morning came and I looked at myself in the mirror, feeling pity for my face carrying those big eye bags. I glared at the egg. "This is all your fault," I told it and the egg just hopped.

I prepared for school then decided to bring the egg with me since it feels like it doesn't want to be left behind. I warned it not to make any unnecessary movements at school since it seems like it kind of understands me.

Three days had passed and somehow I'm getting used to this already. Everything was going smoothly not until Hazel wanted to surprise me with some new cookies she had baked so she sneaked it into my bag and found out about the egg. I guess you can't really keep any secrets from your best friend.

She was so loud that it caught the attention of some of our classmates so I brought her to someplace quiet then told her about everything that has happened. She was more excited than me. She's indeed a fantasy bookworm alright. She easily believed all the things I told her when I had a hard time processing everything.

"Oh my gosh. Oh my gosh!" She exclaimed. "This is way too cool!" 

"Shhh.." I tried to calm her down.

"I mean you would have the most amazing creature in the world! Or could it be a familiar? You know the ones we've watched in some magical animes," She suggested.

"Yeah right," I just said.

"Who knows maybe you'll gain some magical powers then you would become a hero! Don't worry though you'll have the most reliable sidekick by your side." She winked.

"I don't wanna even hope for it. I'm not fit for that kind of responsibility you know," I muttered.

"Geez. You're so negative. You should have some self-confidence ya know. The voice did say you're the only hope right? I'm pretty sure it's you for a reason. Just put some more trust in yourself," She advised.

I mean.. she does have a point. "Ugh I still can't believe this, but you're right. I should.."

"Now you're looking better!" She smiled.

"By the way, don't mention this to anyone okay?" I told her.

"Of course! All your secrets are safe with me. You know that" I smiled. I'm glad I have someone I can trust. "Thanks," I said.

"So it's been three days huh... I wonder when will that egg hatch. I'm so excited for it!" she exclaimed.

"Yeah... I've also been wondering when,"

"You should tell me the news when it does okay! I can't wait to see it," she muttered.

I chuckled, "Yeah sure."

Ever since then Hazel calls me to check up on the egg from time to time. She's unbelievably so into this. A week has passed since that night I found this egg and Hazel was so happy when I told her that I noticed some cracks beginning to show. She said that the egg will surely hatch anytime soon.

I began feeling anxious so I decided to sneak out of the house in the middle of the night to check the garden since it's just near our house. I usually do this whenever I feel so nervous or anxious because the garden's atmosphere helps me relax. I passed through the large bush and was instantly greeted by the glimmering lights of the fireflies and the different kinds of beautiful flowers. Everything helped me calm down then I remembered that night I got this thing.

I stayed for a couple of minutes before I finally decided to head back home. As I was walking to the large bush I felt something shine brightly behind my back. I turned around to see it was and got dumbfounded to see someone else.

Who could this be? No one knows this place except for me and Hazel. No.. more importantly, I was alone just now and there's no other way to enter this garden aside from passing through this large bush so how did this guy appear behind me?

I suddenly felt a shiver down my spine as my eyes met those icy cold menacing stare of his.

A/N: What were the changes you noticed? ;p

Don't forget to leave a VOTE or COMMENT if you liked it so far.

Thanks for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

322 67 19
"Mia... Welcome to Verzaubert Akademie!" ________________ I am Mia Adams. A total normal schoolgirl with a pretty normal life to begin with untill...
11.7K 5.3K 37
Unknown to the average human world, there is a place where every supernatural being that fuels nightmares resides. Shielded completely from prying ey...
131K 11K 55
A war is brewing in The Faerie Realm; it's up to a knight, a prince, and an outcast to stop it. When a sinister and mysterious master takes contro...
2.3K 279 33
๐•ญ๐–”๐–”๐– ๐•ฟ๐–œ๐–” ~ ๐”‡๐”ž๐”ฏ๐”จ ๐”‡๐”ฏ๐”ž๐”ค๐”ฌ๐”ซ ๐”–๐”ข๐”ฏ๐”ฆ๐”ข๐”ฐ In a world where humans never existed, there're such beings of magic and wonder in their place...