My Benefactor

By crimsonnebula

After Reagan found out that she was a product of her mother's teenage indiscretion and her so-called father's... More

My Benefactor Prologue
My Benefactor Chapter One
My Benefactor Chapter Two
My Benefactor Chapter Three
My Benefactor Chapter Four
My Benefactor Chapter Five
My Benefactor Chapter Six
My Benefactor Chapter Seven
My Benefactor Chapter Eight
My Benefactor Chapter Nine
My Benfactor Chapter Ten
My Benefactor Chapter Eleven
My Benefactor Chapter Twelve
My Benefactor Chapter Thirteen
My Benefactor Chapter Fifteen
My Benefactor Chapter Sixteen
My Benefactor Chapter Seventeen
My Benefactor Chapter Eighteen
My Benefactor Chapter Nineteen
My Benefactor Chapter Twenty
My Benefactor Chapter Twenty One
My Benefactor Chapter Twenty Two
My Benefactor Chapter Twenty Three
My Benefactor Chapter Twenty Four
My Benefactor Chapter Twenty Five
My Benefactor Chapter Twenty Six
My Benefactor Chapter Twenty Seven
My Benefactor Chapter Twenty Eight
My Benefactor Chapter Twenty Nine
My Benefactor Chapter Thirty
My Benefactor Chapter Thirty One
My Benefactor - Chapter Thirty Two
My Benefactor - Chapter Thirty Three
My Benefactor - Chapter Thirty Four
My Benefactor - Chapter Thirty Five
My Benefactor Chapter Thirty Six
My Benefactor - Chapter Thirty Seven
My Benefactor - Chapter Thirty Eight
My Benefactor - Chapter Thirty Nine
My Benefactor - Chapter Forty
Update

My Benefactor Chapter Fourteen

159K 2K 338
By crimsonnebula

My Benefactor

Copyright © 2011 crimsonnebula

All rights reserved

Chapter Fourteen

Vote, like, fan, tweet and comment.

Enjoy! No proofreading done.

***************

(Derek's POV)

I could not believe I had lost control.

I almost lost it.

If Reagan didn't push me away, I could have sunk my fangs into her smooth delectable neck, the carotid vein visible through my preternatural eyes.

Stupid, stupid Derek! Yeah, stupid me.

Of course I just have to forget that I hadn't fed for two days. I had been so reliant with human food that I forgot my main nourishment - blood.

Reagan's scent was overwhelming, far beyond my advanced scent could take. I lived with her for two years and I made it a point to be properly fed. I wasn't taking any chances though I'm centuries old, I could control my thirst. I've always had.

Today proved that I was wrong.

Gripping the steering wheel tighter, I stepped on the accelator even more eager to get to Cathy, my personal feeder.

Most vampires would prefer to hunt or go to a specific place for feeding purposes. There were a couple of them around the city and I must admit, it was a lucrative investment for pure bloods. As for cover, they would exploit it as a club, but behind those back doors were a different story.

I glanced at the clock on the dashboard. I sighed when I saw it was 10:00pm. I hope Cathy was still awake because right now, I wasn't in the mood to use my predatory skills.

Cathy used to be Marcus' feeder. She was abused and maimed by that sadistic vampire to a degree of manslaughter. She knew about the laws. It was part of protocol for a feeder to be familiar about it. Then one day she came to me, pleading for help.

She couldn't take Marcus anymore. She didn't care she was being paid to give blood. She just wanted out of his wrath.

I did my best to help her and before you know it, she was out of his evil hands.

I used a section in the Sacred Laws of Coexistence on Marcus where no Elder had any power to overrule such clause, because it was binding, and could cost him his title. After all, he did sign up for that clause.

That shut him up for as long as my smugness triumph could last.

From then on, Cathy was grateful and pledged her life to be my feeder in return for my help. I was adamant at first, but she insisted otherwise.

We made simple arrangements; a roof over her head, food and clothing. Of course, I paid for her services, because it was the right thing to do. Humans need blood in their system to function, to breathe, to live. Just like us vampires.

Blood is gold.

And that all happened three years ago, before I met Reagan. Cathy was 19 at the time.

Ten minutes of speed driving, I finally arrived at my destination. The house that I procured for her was a two story one, an average looking for human standards. It was your normal white picket fence neighborhood where the lawn was trimmed and short, as if mowed regularly by a lawnmower. I got out of my car and flitted to her porch. The light to her bedroom was still on, so I knocked on her door three times and heard loud shuffling, well for my ears anyway but for humans, it was muffled.

I heard a distinct sound that had my senses piqued a bit.

Was that a guy I heard?

I heard a click of a lock and the door swung open with a blushing Cathy wearing a short pink lacy nightdress. Her blond hair was mussed up as though someone roved it out of passion. Her pale blue eyes held a certain lust but now, it was slowly dwindling to non-existent.

I cocked my eyebrow,"Did I come on a bad time?" I asked.

She gulped and smiled nervously,"N-no of course not. Come in." She stepped aside so I got in and she closed the door.

She turned to look at me,"Are you thirsty?"

I was getting impatient, "That's why I'm here, is it not?" I said icily. Cathy had been acting weird for the past few months. She became rather intimate whenever I feed on her. I shrug it off because I know it was the effects of feeding, but what had me baffled was that after I had my fill, she was still touching me in ways a lover would.

"Babe, who was that?" A guy said from upstairs. "Come back to bed."

Hmm. Interesting.

"Who's that?" I asked.

Cathy looked panicked, like a deer caught in headlights. I wasn't sure why she should panic but it was just a simple question. "Uh...he's...um..."

I quirked my eyebrows. "What Cathy?"

She sighed, feeling defeated. I didn't why she was acting like this so her explanation better be good. "Derek, he's um...I don't know how to put this but he's sort of someone who's helping me forget."

"What do you mean?"

She shifted, looking uncomfortable on what she was about to say next. "You see...I ah..."

Oh good grief! Why can't she just spit it out already and be done with it.

She heaved out a big sigh as she struggled to speak again. ""Derek, I'm in love with you."

That explains her weird behaviour then. The woman was in love with me. I couldn't have another complication let alone a human having romantic feelings for me.

Without a word, I stalked to the door but she grabbed my wrist, making me stop,"I thought you wanted to feed?" she asked, frowning.

I yanked my wrist gently and shook my head,"I won't be needing your services. I will hunt instead." There goes my plan not to hunt.

"Derek, please let me--" I cut her off mid-sentence.

"No. Cathy, I won't be requiring your services anymore. I will send your last paycheck as well as severance through mail. It will help you start a new life." I said in emotionless voice.

She started to look nervous,"Is it because of my confession?" she asked.

I sighed and shook my head,"I don't know what to say." then opened the door to walk out into the night but she followed after me than spoke with so much conviction her voice.

"Derek, stop!"

I spun around and stared at her blankly,"What?"

She frowned with her eyes brimming with tears,"I tried Derek, I tried everything just to forget about you but, I couldn't. I love you."

I sighed, feeling the guilt. It wasn't her fault that she was feeling like this. It was a dick move for me to act cruel and rude towards someone who just declared her love, which will never be returned, "I'm sorry, Cathy. I don't have feelings for you, and besides I'm a pure blood and you're human. We can't be together. If I turned you into a vampire, you won't be treated as an equal. Converted vampires are on the bottom of hierarchy." My mind drifted to Reagan when I mentioned the word human. My sweet Reagan.

My thirst spiked up a notch when I thought of her. I need to hunt,"I have to go. Goodbye Cathy." I walked towards my car, knowing my next destination.

"Are you in love with someone else?" I sighed. She just have to ask that question.

Before I opened the door, I looked up and gave her a steady gaze,"Yes, Cathy. I am in love with someone else."

My heart sank when I saw the heartbreak in her eyes,"Why her? I did everything I could just so you'll like me.  Am I not good enough for you?" she asked softly. The tears in her eyes shed like the pouring rain, unable to stop.

"You can't force love upon someone who doesn't have feelings for you, Cathy. That's not right." I said, willing for her to understand.

"I love you, Derek. I don't care if I would be treated like dirt if you turned me into a vampire. As long as I'm with you, that's all that mattered." She cried. She ran towards me and gripped my arm, "Please, Derek. You'll learn to love me."

The situation may be different but it also applied to both Reagan and I's predicament.

It all boils down to heirarchy. AGAIN.

But for Cathy, she was asking for the impossible; for me to love her.

I shook my head, "I'm sorry. Someone's going to love you the way you wanted to be needed, but it's not going to be me." I pried her arm off me and opened the door,"Have a good and healthy life, Miss O'Neil." I got in, slamming the door shut. I started the engine and it roared to life.

I glanced at my tinted window and saw Cathy was still there, crying, clutching at the silk fabric of her nightdress as her means of support from the heartache.

It was all to much for me so I left.

I guess I would either hunt or go to feeding places from now on.

Note to self: Personal feeders are a no-no. They get attached to you on romantic levels.

 (Reagan's POV)

The forest was cold, dark and daunting. The air was heavy and there was no sound other than the snap of twigs and crunching of leaves as I walked through the muddy ground.

The ground shuddered as I set my foot forward. I jerked when the vibration went through me. I told  myself to breathe deeply, but my throat was already closing, and a film of sweat has coated my skin.

What the hell was wrong with me?

I managed to look around my surroundings, a wave of dizziness nearly tipping me onto the ground. I straighten up and then it happens.

In three seconds I go from mild anxiety to hyperventilation, like an old lady about to faint in church. The trees were getting fuzzy, and I could feel static all around me, raising goosebumps all over my body.

"My heir." A soft female voice resounded through the forest. The words she spoke was foreign and couldn't point my finger on it.

"My heir." There she goes again.

Though I was hyperventilating, I tried to look for that voice, but all I could see where blurry looking trees.

The ground began to shake then it cracked, making a big dark hole swallowing me up.

"Reagan!"

I looked up to see a hand reaching out for me. I couldn't see the face of the owner of that hand.

"Reagan!"

Without hesitation, I grabbed it and I jolted awake.

"Kiddo, are you okay?" someone asked.

I blinked my eyes to focus and saw Cooper with a concerned face,"You look pale." He said, looking me over.

"I'm fine. I was just having a dream." My eyes wandered for a bit and landed on the window. The sun was high up in the sky, its rays flooding the room.

I sat up to a comfortable position. I remembered the wires and tubes attached to my wrist but when I looked to my right, the heart monitor was gone, and so was the IV.

"What time is it?" I asked Cooper.

He smiled sheepishly and sat on the bed,"I would love to know, but you have to let go of my hand first." He said, chuckling.

I looked down and sure enough, I was holding his hand on a tight grip. I let go quickly,"Oh! Sorry." I apologized.

He shook his head,"It's okay." He assured me. He checked his watch then looked up," It's 11:00 in the morning." He said.

"Where's Derek?" I asked, looking around the room. The kiss he left on my neck last night had me shiver in a good, moan inducing way. I have to bite my tongue to hold back, because Cooper was in the room. That would have been shocking to say the least.

He smiled,"He's outside, taking care of the paperwork. The doctor said you are free to go, since you look fine and your vitals are normal. You were sleeping when he came in to check on you, so he will keep in touch for updates about your brain thingy something." He said then shrugged.

Oh yeah. My brain was acting loco, I almost forgot.

"Um, Reagan?" Cooper asked quietly.

"Yeah?"

He sighed,"While you were sleeping, you were talking in a foreign language. Specifically, you said 'My heir' in Greek. Do you know how to speak Greek?" he asked, his eyebrows furrowing.

I racked my brain with all of the languages I've learned, but Greek wasn't taught to me by my language tutor, "No. I only know Spanish, French, Italian, Japanese and Mandarin." I said then added, "Oh! Also Cantonese and Hokkien."

"Oh, okay." He simply said.

Well, that was weird.

I was about to ask him why, when the door swung open and Derek came in, looking refreshed and... happy? But I have to admit, he looked even sexier with his black button up dress shirt and jeans.

I groaned mentally. This was pure torture.

Derek walked over to the bed and planted a soft kiss on my forehead,"Ready to go home, little one?"

I shrugged, giving him a tired smile,"Yeah. I want to get out of this horrid place."

He smiled,"Okay. Let me help you get ready, then." He said, taking my hand.

Cooper walked around the bed then swatted Derek's hand and glared playfully,"No, I'll help Reagan while you get the car ready, dork." He was doing that on purpose just to annoy Derek. Typical Cooper.

"No! I help her while you get the car ready." Derek retorted back, annoyed.

"I'm the best friend, so I get to help."

"Oh, so now I'm not your best friend anymore, Cooper? How could you!"

"Dude, who wants a best friend who's old enough to be my great great great grandfather? You'll give me hives."

"Well, who wants to be best friends with someone who's acts immature though he's old enough to be my great great great grandfather too!" 

"Derek! How could you? I am not old. In fact, I'm hotter than you and I have a girlfriend."

"HA! Says the guy who can't even stay with a girl for more than a week. I'm sure your latest fling won't even last for five days, since the previous one didn't last for three days."

I rolled my eyes then got out of the bed on the other side quietly. I tiptoed slowly, trying to be undetected. I glanced back over my shoulders and still, the dorkheads were bantering nonsense. Once I've reached the bathroom, Cooper spoke up.

"Where's Reagan?"

I closed the bathroom door behind me to answer his question.

THWACK!

"OW! What was that for, Derek?" Cooper whined.

"That's for being an idiot." Derek replied.

I giggled. My ninja skills are awesome.

                                                                               *****************

What a day.

I would never get used to Cooper and Derek fussing over me. They even offered to feed me, which was ridiculous. It was nice with the attention and all, but it gets annoying when they push it futher.

I glanced at my clock on my nightstand. It was 10:30pm and I had school tomorrow. Derek insisted that I should stay at home for another day, but I refused. I had been gone for a day, and as much I wouldn't like seeing Ciara's lying betraying face, I had to go.

I was about to turn off the lights and go to sleep when I heard a soft knock on my door.

"Come in." I said.

The door opened and Derek came in all his handsome glory. He was just wearing black sweat pants and a tight white shirt. I couldn't help but ogle at the slight hint of his sculpted chest and rock hard pecks that looked honed to precision.

He walked towards my bed and sat on the edge,"Reagan, do you need something? Are you still in pain?"

Ah, hell. He was talking to me. I turned to face him,"Uh... oh! No, I'm alright." I hope he didn't notice me checking him out. I'd die from embarrassment.

He smiled tentatively,"Okay. I just want to be sure. Just let me know if you're not feeling good, okay, little one? Promise me." He reached out to stroke my cheek with his thumb.

Oy, vey! You're killing me, Derek. I smiled,"I promise." I said softly.

He dropped his hand and got up,"I should go, so you can get some sleep. Goodnight, my little one." He walked to the door and opened it.

"Wait!"

He turned around and gave me a questioning look. "Yes, little one?" he asked.

I don't know what I was doing but somehow, my mind has a brain of it's own. Weird description, but that was what I thought at the moment.

"Can you stay with me for the night? I don't want to be alone." I muttered, looking down at my hands which fingered the hem of the covers.

I waited for his answer. My heart went bump, bump, bump as the millisecond turned to seconds then turned to a minute. After a while, I heard the door close and followed by muffled footsteps. Right then and there, the rejection was like a knife thrust. Piercing deep into my heart.

I should've made that bold move.

I felt the bed dip next to me and I looked up to see Derek smiling at me, "Of course."

My frown turned into a smile," Thank you."

He turned off the lights and we both snuggled under the covers. I turned to face him and to my surprise, he was doing the same thing I did.

He looked magnificent, though the only light illuminating in the darkness was the light of the moon through my window.

His eyes gazed intently to my own, bringing that fluttery feeling in my stomach.

He moved closer to me, our faces inches apart. He stroked my cheek with his thumb and I sighed, loving the feel of it.

"I love you, my sweet little one. So much." He said, looking into my eyes.

Though I knew he meant that in a brotherly way, I replied with every ounce in me to show that I loved him, much more than what I let on.

"I love you too. My Derek." I said.

Just for tonight, I just want to be near him.

Just for tonight, I just want to stare at his dark blue orbs.

And just for tonight, I want to memorize his handsome face and tattoo it on my mind for all eternity.

Because that was all I have before the time comes.

                                                                        *************************

I was about to slam my locker door shut when someone did it for me and shoved me up the locker hard.

"You bitch! This is all you fault!"

I winced and stared at a livid - more like murderous Ciara going Terminator mode on me,"Geez, easy on the steroids hag."

She grabbed my arm roughly and dragged me out of the school building. We went to a secluded part of the school grounds and threw me to a concrete wall hard. I slowly slid down to the ground, but not before Ciara grabbed my collar, holding me in place. Damn it! My back was killing me.

"You skank. It's all your fault!" she spat in my face.

"What did I do now?" I asked.

"Bryson broke up with me!" she yelled and punched me in the gut, then let me go.

The frigid mofo punched me! I clutched my stomach, panting from the pain,"It's not my fault that you're a stinking two-faced hoe bag," I breathed.

"I love Bryson, Reagan. Why can't you just let go of him, rather than stealing someone's boyfriend?! He already moved on! He loves me, not you!" she growled with pure venom in her voice.

I scoffed, "Then why did he break up with you then, if he loves you? Ciara, Bryson hasn't moved on. I've already let go of him a long time ago when he cheated on me. You're just blinded by your obsession. You need help."

She screamed out of frustration. Ciara's knows I'm right. Bryson was still in love with me, and she knows it.

Her eyes flickered to electric blue. Her nails on her right hand extended into claws. What the hell?

"I'M GOING TO KILL YOU!!!" she roared then lunged for me.

I didn't know what to do. My body was frozen stiff. As if my hand had a mind of it's own, I raised it up my palms facing her. There was a energy emanating all around and soon enough, Ciara stopped on mid stride. I flicked my hand to the direction I wanted her to be and was flung all the way to the parking lot.

 * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Cathy will be play a big role in this story so you'll see her again soon on the future chapters.

Song choice of the moment:

Don't you wanna stay by Jason Aldean and Kelly Clarkson

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 30 22
A 15 year old girl faces the extremes starting from a young age... Abuse, mentally..physically..emotionally.. hatred, depression, suicidal thoughts...
943 66 27
"I always believed that there's only one person out there for you, and that once you find that person, whether it works out or not, you won't ge...
3.5K 187 117
(I don't own any characters from Supernatural, or the characters from Teen Wolf.) So, this all starts with one case that Dean went on alone. It was a...
96 3 2
Growing up the son of a fairy King - Easy. Being accepted to the fiercest, strongest, fairy warrior army ever to protect the realm - Easy. Making t...