The Royal Scandal (editing)

By ZafArielZul

Fay Lara just didn’t care. The fact that the totally kissable guy she had just physically abused was actually... More

Chapter 1 (edited)
Chapter 2 (edited)
Chapter 3 (edited)
Chapter 4 (edited)
Chapter 5 (edited)
Chapter 6 (edited)
Chapter 7 (edited)
Chapter 8 (edited)
Chapter 9 (edited)
Chapter 10 (edited)
Chapter 11 (edited)
Chapter 12 [The Young and the Restless]
Chapter 13 [Kiss and Tell]
Chapter 14 [Royal Treatment]
Chapter 15 [Play Charade]
Chapter 16 [The Date]
Chapter 17 [Masquerade]
Chapter 18 [Happy 100th]
Chapter 19 [Conspiracy]
Chapter 20 [New Year's Soiree]
Chapter 21 [Bouquet of Red and White]
Chapter 22 [Aiden Storme, Alex Stockholm]
Chapter 23 [Prom & Graduation]
Chapter 24 [Senior Year]
Chapter 25 [Prom & Graduation II]
Chapter 26 [Three Simple Words]
Chapter 27 [Please God, No]
Chapter 28 [Baby Steps]
Chapter 29 [Wedding Night]
Chapter 31 [The Ex]
Chapter 32 [Crazy for You]
Chapter 33 [My Royal In Law]
Chapter 34 [To Be, Or Not To Be?]
Chapter 35 [I'm Sorry but I Love You]
Chapter 36 [London Adventure]
Chapter 37 [Broken Hearts]
Chapter 38 [The Goodbye]
Chapter 39 [The Beginning and The End]

Chapter 30 [The Perfect Honeymoon]

44.4K 728 58
By ZafArielZul

My roommate is the world biggest jerk30

Chapter 30 [The Perfect Honeymoon]

I was thinking cupcakes for breakfast and fresh milk to wash it all down.

I was feeling cupcakes. Chocolate one with pristine white icing on top, a generous dab of it topped with a mouth watering, juicy red cherry. Better yet, make that a big red strawberry instead. Smiling faintly I reached and placed my palm on my flat stomach and considered if I was experiencing my first urge of baby cravings. The knowledge that I was, thrilled me to a flutter.

Well at least there was still something that can make me smile today after the spectacle that was my wedding night. I sighed at the memory of last night. Aiden still had not spoken to me since then, not that I have anything to say to him. A twinge of sorrow took the flutter of excitement of my heart away and replaced them with ache.

My room was white: white walls with gold trimming and white sheets. Fluffy white pillows embroidered with gold thread and white orchids rested in the huge vase on the fireplace. On the left side of my room French doors was thrown open and my white curtains was caught in a light breeze, billowing in a gentle wave. The room was lavish, my bed was king sized and with me sleeping alone in the middle of it created the illusion that it was somehow bigger. The simple dark wood furniture littered about the room was opulent and the art hanging on the wall was sumptuous. In spite of that I felt hollow.

I took a quick glance in the mirror this morning to discover that my eyes were still puffy from staying all night and crying. I had taken to locking up myself in a room across from Aiden’s and he had not even had the sense to come and comfort me. He had not even knocked to see if I was all right.

After the festivities wrapped we kind of shouted at each other… a lot. And of course after that episode we couldn’t share a room together. I just might end up throttling the father of my child, which was not advisable. and he might end up divorcing me after a few hours of becoming husband and wife. That would set up a whole new record of course. After the last guest was gone we were immediately escorted to the Voltaire Castle which was located near the Summerset beach and privately owned by the dowager Duchess of Summerset, the King’s mother who had generously offered us a place to stay until the nasty gossip abated. The splendid castle Voltaire was located on the hilltop overlooking the very beach that witnessed the day Aiden proposed to me, light years ago.

As a Claymorean I grew up looking at the pictures of the castle and once, even took a class trip that allowed me to stare at awe at the castle up close as visitors are allowed to prowl the castle grounds once a year on the Dowager’s birthday. But stepping in onto the grounds as the princess bride, the magnificent castle felt different. Maybe I was imagining things but the imposing walls felt intimidating and my heart sunk. Maybe it was the tears that were threatening to burst or maybe it was the grimace showing on Aiden’s face. Maybe it was both.

I lay on my back with one palm still caressing my stomach. I recalled the way how Aiden’s face was stunned once realizing that his ex girlfriend was in attendance of our ‘engagement’ party. Worst yet how he had talked in her presence and his disregard of my feelings entirely during the whole tumultuous evening.

I remembered how he dismissed Alex and disallowing him from entering the hall. How dare he? Why was that his ex girlfriend was allowed to enter and not mine? Sighing heavily I reopened my eyes and stared ahead on the white canopy of the bed.

Today was my first day as a married woman, a married woman carrying a baby no less. Coming to that truth again, pain surged through my heart. I tried my hardest to get too carried away, thinking about my baby. People did say awfully often that a mothers emotions can affect that baby but try as I might, the pain did not go away. Instead I had gotten more enraged than last night. It was a good thing that Aiden had not yet shown his face, or I would really be tempted to land a blow on his handsome indifferent face.

I got up and moved to lean on the stone balustrade enjoying the breathtaking view that my balcony offered. My room was located on the second floor looking over the calm blue ocean. A creak of the door had me pivoting on my heels. A head was peeking through the opened creak.

Shy brown eyes regarded mine. I smiled and with a flick of my wrist I allowed her to enter the room.  Melissa was one of the castle’s help, in her early twenties with long dark hair tied into a tight bun.

“His majesty would like to take breakfast in your company… erm… miss.” She stuttered. I smiled faintly in understanding. It must look curious to her as to who I was thus the dilemma of what to address me with. No one but immediate family and close friends knew that I was the princess bride. To be honest, I would prefer that to remain a secret. If it were made known to the public, I would be known as Princess Fay Lara, Duchess of Amaryllis. But no doubt she had known me as the prince’s girlfriend. The one that had been featured in all the tabloids and gossip columns.

“Miss?” she squeaked again. My eyes snapped back to her and mild curiosity had me raking my fingers along my hair as I asked her, “And how is his majesty’s mood this morning?”

Melissa considered for a moment before stuttering again, “Well Miss…”

“Please, I’m Fay. Just Fay.” More at ease now Melissa began to inform me that Aiden was in a foul mood since I had barricaded my bedroom door on him last night. A humorless smile touched my lips.

“His highness expressly requested that you shall have breakfast with him.” She repeated the so called request before I dismissed her. Request huh? Sounds like an order to me. Making up my mind not to deprive him from my wrath any longer I quickly skipped to the bathroom before going through my wardrobe. It was about time I remind Aiden how I too was as pissed as he was.

I threw on a pastel turquoise maxi and piled my hair high, held secure with pretty pins I found in my luggage courtesy of Eliza, my new sister in law. After putting on the final touches of blush on my cheeks, I proceeded downstairs from breakfast.

Aiden POV

Amaryllis was hard to find around Summerset due to its sandy beach but I can’t help but to smile as a flourish of the pink and white flowers decorated the breakfast table. It was significance as of today as Fay and I were both Duke and Duchess of Amaryllis. I had even prepared for a bouquet of red amaryllis to be presented to her during breakfast.

Tapping my fingers on the polished table as I wait annoyance began to creep on me again. She was late! And after what had happened last night? She had successfully made a mockery of me. I was sure that I was the first royal groom in the Claymore history to be locked out of his bride’s bed chamber. Last night Fay had taken all of her things and slammed the door on my face. It was infuriating how she can be so riled up when Alex Stockholm was concerned.

The tall double doors of the dining rooms were suddenly thrown opened revealing my baby bride, in a flowing light turquoise dress reaching to her ankles. The dress was exquisite, revealing her slender body and the swells of her breast. She looked so damn inviting it took my mind off from being mad at her.

She had her head held high and with cool eyes regarded me when she took her seat at the far end of the table. I grunted my displeasure and caught her attention. Exasperated, I closed my eyes. So we haven’t moved past this. I thought after one night apart she was ready to let this go. I was sorely mistaken of course. I should know better. Fay was never the one to let things slide.

“Good morning Aiden.” Her titillating voice echoed in the hallow room. Reopening my eyes, I looked straight at my bride. Servants were beginning to set plates for her, along with an assortment of scones, toast, berries and fruits, jams and juice. I then saw her reach and plucked a grape before popping it demurely into her mouth while her wide eyes held mine.

“Morning, Fay.”  She smiled somberly and nodded. Then right on cue a maid entered the double doors with her arm laden with a huge bouquet making her way to my duchess. After presented with the bouquet I saw her eyes lightened up and small smile touched her lips.

“Thank you for the flowers.” She whispered. “It’s lovely.”

“Do you know what flowers are those?” Fay shook her head, her fingers lightly touching the blooms.

“I thought they were lilies, but I don’t think so…”

“Those are amaryllis. They don’t grow around the city or at Summerset.” I pointed and she nodded. We eventually ate breakfast in silence. The only sound was the occasion clink of silverware. It was depressing and infuriating. She had chosen the cold shoulder approach and I was not enjoying the lack of warmth of my new bride.

“Fay?” she looked up.

“I would have a few staff move all you your luggage into my room. You’ll sleep in my room tonight.”  

“No, I think I’ll remain in the room I am now thanks.” She was so damn stubborn.

“Just do what I say.” I gritted my teeth and forced the words out of my mouth. Anguish was pouring out of her eyes but I ignored it. I won’t have another repeat of last night. I won’t be made a mockery of my hard headed wife.

“Just like that? Do what you say? Just like last night huh? Well I don’t work for you Aiden, to accommodate to your every whim!” across the table silverware clang as Fay set them down.

My patience was wearing thin as it was and fury was beginning to break the wall which I had kept it at bay. Her screaming at me again was the final straw.

“What is it with you and your precious ex?” I shouted, getting up and showing my chair back. Fay replicate my actions and her chair fell with a thud on the carpeted floor.

“What is it with yours? Do you think I’m blind Aiden, not to see how you acted around your ex last night? Or do you think I’m stupid to not know what I saw?” she shrieked, eyes glowing with rage.

“Fay!” I yelled but she was nowhere finished. She was taking this too far.

“Do you take me for a fool not to understand the looks that bitch had in her eyes?” she shouted. That was when I grabbed the nearest glass vase and threw it across the wall where it collided and shattered into pieces. The sound stunned her and her eyes widen in shock.

“You will not call her that again.” I whispered.

“Thank you, that’s is all I need to hear.” With that Fay lifted her skirt and exited the room.

It was a good thing that none of the castle maids or butlers was in the room while we had our shouting match but I was not so delusional to think that none of them heard it. I was sure even my sweet old grandmamma heard it in her bed chambers.  Which was probably why after breakfast when I was lounging in the library, I was summoned by the dowager duchess herself.

My grandmother was nearing her ninety seven birthdays. Old and frail, she was resorted to her chambers and took short trips around the garden in the evenings in her wheelchair aided by her personal maid. She was upright with her back cushioned by pillows when I entered, her personal maid Mrs. Warton was reading her today’s edition of the Claymore Herald.

“Good morning gorgeous.” I called and reached to kiss her on her cheeks. The former queen beamed and raised her hand to pause Mrs. Warton on her reading.  

“My prince charming…” she cooed, lightly ruffling my hair with her thin fingers. I took a seat on her bed and asked for the news paper from Mrs. Warton. “Shall I read to you grandmamma?”

The dowager smiled and shook her head, her grey curls danced with the motion. “No, I would rather hear about the fight you apparently had with your bride.”

“We didn’t…. fight…” I stammered and my grandmother chuckled.

“Please, spare me the details Aiden. I may be confined on my bed but I know things… I hear everything going on in this here house child.” She said. In my head I pictured grandmamma and Mrs. Warton gossiping. Not a hard picture to imagine.

“We erm... had a misunderstanding. That was all grandmamma.” I assured her but she was not convinced.

“On your first day after becoming man and wife? Not a good sign my boy…” she commented, nodding as she spoke. “Where is the young duchess? I would very much like to meet her. She is after all carrying my great grandchild…” she threw a wink my way that had me chuckling.

Talking with my grandmother always had me in a good mood. We were talking and chuckling when suddenly the doors of the room were thrown open unceremoniously and a young boy my age stumbled forward. His forehead trickled with sweat and his face, pale and appalled.

“Pardon me your highness!” he began, “but I was sent for you by Sir Adolf…” Sir Adolf was the head butler of the Voltaire house. “Its Miss Fay, she’d… fell.” He finished, faltering. Stunned I was instantaneously on my feet sending a tray of cookies I had on my lap crashing on the floor. The porter boy flinched at the sound.

“What did you say?”

“Miss Fay was found at the pool edge sir. It seemed that she slipped and fell. She was bleeding when I…” I didn’t get to hear of what the porter got to say as I began a mad dash for the pool.

She slipped and fell. And she was bleeding… please God don’t let anything happen to her and our baby.  

xxxx

please vote and comment. lots of love, ariel. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.7M 232K 60
Hell freeze over when a forever bond was damned upon his head. Relationship and women in general were the last things on his mind. Interaction betwee...
8 0 6
This story is not another cliché story of a crowned prince falling in love with a Disney peasant, no.. You can kind of say that this is an after stor...
10.8K 458 8
Dear Lords and Ladies of the Land, On the occasion of Prince William Solace's 18th Anniversary Masquerade, all the lovely young ladies of the land...
24.4K 258 8
"I will not listen to any more of your insolent behaviour boy. You brought this on yourself. You marked this young woman and now you must take her as...