Saving the Beta's Daughter (C...

By Mys_AJ

Piper was the Beta's daughter. She was gracious and well-behaved. Her pack loved her, until it started. In he... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8.1
Chapter 8.2
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14.1
Chapter 14.2
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19.1
Chapter 19.2
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Epilogue
Sequel

Chapter 10

39.9K 1.5K 263
By Mys_AJ

Caleb

It's been a few days, and she still hasn't woken up. Kaley took off her oxygen mask the first day, but she's still hooked up to the drip. I see Piper everyday, when I wake up and before I go to sleep. Mason has been telling me stories about her, however it is quite frustrating. It's just stories, I'm not learning anything about her. I need to get to know her, but Mason keeps saying that it's Piper's job to tell me about herself. Which is just fucking stupid because obviously, she can't tell me anything.

I haven't spoken to Zach, her brother. I saw him a couple of times and we exchanged greetings, but that's all. I guess I should get to know him, since I'm his sister's mate. I'll do it after Piper wakes up. According to Wyatt and Emily and Amanda and Mason and basically everyone, I'm angry all the time. But they can't blame me, I found my mate just for her to pass out.

These past few days have been hell for anyone who goes near me. I lash out at the littlest things. My wolf fights to take control everyday. I have to go on runs for three hours just to calm myself down. The first day was the worst.

*FLASHBACK*

"Hey Caleb" Amanda greeted me as she walked into the kitchen. I grunted in response whilst she started digging through the cupboard. I grabbed a bowl and poured some chips into it. "Do we have any Oreos?" she questioned.

I stuffed a few chips in my mouth. "You hate Oreos" I pointed out.

She nodded. "Yup. But the kid wants some" she stated as she moved a few things around. "Do you know where we keep them?" I shrugged, but her back was facing me. "Are you listening?" she asked.

"I said I don't know" I snapped. "Use your damn eyes and look for the fucking cookies!"

I stomped out of the kitchen and bumped into Wyatt. He looked at my sister, then back to me. "You should go for a run" he stated.

I narrowed my eyes at him. "Don't tell me what to do" I growled out. My wolf was surfacing, and I could tell that my eyes were pitch black.

Wyatt put his hands up in surrender. "I wasn't. It was just a suggestion" he said calmly.

"Well, take your suggestion and shove it up your ass!" I shouted and stormed off once again.

*END OF FLASHBACK*

Let's just say that everyone kept their distance after that. Which was a smart thing to do because the second day, I used actions instead of words. There were holes in every wall, furniture was flipped, anything glass was broken, and I even ripped out the fridge door. I'm not the most pleasant person to be around, at the moment.

I usually just stay in my office, which I'm doing right now. I'm trying to do some paperwork, but Piper keeps filtering through my mind. She's not getting any better, and everyone is calm except me.

Kaley says that I still can't touch her. But honestly, I'm considering it. My touch can heal her. It doesn't even look like she's waking up anytime soon. I can't get through another day with Piper like this. I got up from my desk and made my way to her room. Mason was sitting on the couch talking to Zach.

"Hey, Caleb" Mason greeted me. I ignored him and went straight to her bed. "What are you doing?" he asked cautiously. I can heal her. This is gonna work.

I gently picked up her cold hand and rubbed my thumbs in circles. The sparks erupted on my skin, and I know that she felt it. Piper stirred a little. It's working. I continued to rub her hands and her eyes slowly fluttered open. Her brown eyes were as beautiful as ever. But they held confusion and fright.

Piper pulled her hand from mine. She flickered her gaze around and laid her eyes on the IV drip. Panting, she ripped the needle out of her arm. "Pipes. Calm down" Mason said softly. She started to hyperventilate. Mason slowly approached her with his hands up. I just stood to the side. I never seen someone hyperventilate. She flinched away from Mason and moved until her back hit the headboard.

Zach crawled onto the bed and sat in front of her. "In and out, Piper. Deep breaths" I watched as he guided her breathing back to normal. I should learn how to do that, just in case.

"Zeke, where are we?" she quietly asked. Oh, crap. His name is Zeke. I thought it was Zach. God, I feel like a dick now. I looked at Piper, to see her shaking body.

"A-Are you cold?" I asked hesitantly. She slightly jumped at my voice and took a few deep breaths to calm herself down.

She didn't look up, but she answered me. "No, Alpha. I'm fine" she said, barely over a whisper. Why is she so scared?

"Uh... You can call me Caleb" I said softly. She quickly shook her head. No? "Huh?"

"Alpha Caleb. Where are we?" she questioned, never making eye contact. Her head stays down and her eyes were glued to the bed.

I waited all this time and she won't even look at me. I sighed. "It's just Caleb. We're in the pack house" I answered.

"This isn't my room" she whispered lowly. She started mumbling words that I couldn't make out. She wasn't even talking to anyone, it was like she was having a conversation with herself. Is she going crazy?

Zeke put his hand on her arm and she turned quiet. "Piper. What's the last thing you remember?" he inquired.

Piper thought carefully before she paled. "Where's Nick?" she asked in a panic. Who the fuck is Nick? "I need to apologize. I want him as my mate. I didn't mean it" she pleaded.

I was hurt and angry. But more angry. I threw my hand through the wall, making a large hole. Piper yelped in fright and squished herself into the headboard. "You're mine! I'm your mate!" I growled.

Piper bowed her head and showed me her neck as a sign of submission. "I'm sorry for angering you, Alpha. I didn't mean it. Please forgive me for my harsh words. I a-" With wide-eyes, Mason cut her off by covering her mouth. She jumped and started shaking. She was screaming under his hand and thrashing around. What the hell?! I growled and Mason released her.

"I think that Piper should get some rest" Zeke suggested slowly. He pulled us out of the room and softly closed the door. "You guys scared her" he stated angrily.

I took a deep breath to calm myself from lashing out. "Who the hell is Nick?" I questioned. Mason shrugged and looked at Zeke.

Zeke sighed. "There's a lot that you don't know. And I'm not going to tell you" I found it disrespectful that a pack member is keeping a secret from me.

A growl escaped my lips. "If I command you, then you won't have a choice" I informed him gaudily. "So are you gonna do this willingly or I am gonna command you?" I stepped dangerously close to him, but Mason pulled me back.

Zeke narrowed his eyes at me. "I'm not doing it willingly, and you are not going to force me to do anything. My sister is your mate; and if she finds out that you commanded me- which she will, I promise you that- then she'll never forgive you. So you can either wait for Piper to tell you, or you can screw up your relationship before it even started" he snapped. For a 12 year old, he's bold.

She would hate me for commanding him to do something. I would be taking advantage of my power too. I don't want her to hate me. "I'm sorry" I apologized. "So, what happened in there?"

"I told you. Her memory will be fuzzy the next few days. It slowly restores and she remembers bit by bit whatever memories she lost" Zeke explained.

"She lost a lot of memories. She didn't even remember me. And she was following the rules" Mason stated. Rules?

Before I had a chance to ask Mason what he meant, Zeke spoke again. "She lost the last four years of her life. It will probably take a week for her to remember everything again"

I sighed and Mason patted my back for support. "Come on. Let's try to jog her memory. She's still awake" he stated. I listened closely and could hear her pounding heartbeat.

"Can you actually go get Kaley?" I asked Mason. He nodded and walked off. I took a deep breath before Zeke and I entered the room together. "Hey, Piper" I said softly.

Again, she kept her head down. "Hello, Alpha" she mumbled. I wanted to tell her to just call me 'Caleb', but she probably wouldn't listen.

Zeke sat next to her, and I sat at the end of the bed. "Piper, do you remember anything?" Zeke questioned. She quickly nodded. "What do you remember?"

Piper glanced up at me, and our eyes met for a split second. She looked frightened. I could tell that she was scared of me. Her gaze focused on the blankets again. "I will be in my office if you guys need anything. The doctor should be here any minute" I excused myself. Zeke gave me an apologetic smile before I left. I woke her up, now she's scared of me.

Isn't life just so amazing.

_______________________________________________________________

I felt like this was really short. :(

There will be longer chapters, but I wanted to update, so I kinda just threw together this short chapter.

Anyway...

Do any of you guys read Living A Lie or Rejecting A Princess? I'm surprised that they are actually popularish. That's not a word, but oh well. It's my author's note, I can put whatever the hell I want.

Someone made fun of me today, since I'm like 5 foot nothing. Ugh, that guy was a total dick. I would rather not repeat what he said. ANYWAY, basically he was teasing me about my height and I was like "Well, I'm tall enough to kick you in the nuts"

He might not be able to have babies now.

Whoops?

:)

Kayyyzzz Byeeezzzz

~A.J.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.9M 855K 53
Highest Rank : #1 in Werewolf Category. When Chriselda stumbles upon the land of the Dawnfall Depths Pack to save her friend, she comes across her ma...
4.1K 656 40
A rogue attack forces Harper Smith to save and build her pack, Silver Star Pack, up from dust. Her past is full of confusion and mystery and she soon...
1.4K 26 32
Bella Thorn was loved devotedly by her mother, and will always remember her mother's final words to her. The now 17years old was devastated when she...
13.4M 420K 110
Malia Pierce at the age of nineteen was alone, constantly moving in fear she would be hunted down and found by her tormentors. She is the Alpha's dau...