Redemption - A Star Wars Fanf...

By lucky_ducky_123

*CURRENTLY BEING REWRITTEN W/ EXTENDED CHAPTERS, GRAMMAR AND SPELLING CORRECTIONS, AND PLOT HOLE FILLERS (ONL... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Epilogue

Chapter 7

22.5K 667 666
By lucky_ducky_123

Anakin and Luke arrived at the Council chamber just minutes before the meeting was supposed to start. Obi-Wan was waiting outside the doors, pacing and trying his best to look like he was being patient, even though he wasn't. He looked up when the two of them walked forward, an annoyed scowl on his face. "Well it's about time. How you manage to be in the same building where the meeting takes place and still arrive with minutes to spare continues to baffle me, Anakin."

Anakin smiled playfully, patting Obi-Wan on the shoulder as the shorter man glared up at him. "Ye of little faith, Master. You should know by now that I am fashionably late."

Luke bit his lip to keep from laughing, watching as Obi-Wan simply shoved Anakin's hand off his shoulder with a huff. "The Council does not enjoy being kept in wait, Anakin. Especially with a situation as dire as this one."

"Dire?" Anakin parroted, his brows furrowed in confusion. "What's so dire about a rogue Jedi? Aren't there more important things they should be concerned with?"

"They are concerned with other things, that's what our other briefing was about. It's the fact that we know nothing about this boy that has the Council members on edge. People don't just appear out of thin air after all," Obi-Wan responded, annoyance flaring once more before he remembered that Luke was standing directly beside him, able to hear every word. He cleared his throat awkwardly, trying to avoid eye contact with the boy. "That is, we are grateful for your help, Luke, just... concerned about your origins."

Luke smiled, "I understand. Wartime can make one paranoid. I...will answer what I can."

Obi-Wan sighed in relief, casting one more look at Anakin before gesturing to the doors, "Just be respectful and honest, and everything will be fine."

"Remember. I'll be right next to you," Anakin said with a nudge and a crinkle of his eyes, the look boosting Luke's confidence level up much higher than before.

"Thanks, Anakin."

"We're still a bit distracted with Grievous escaping at the moment, so I'm sure they'll go easy on you. Outside of your secretiveness, there's no reason to be suspicious of you. I've told them so myself," Obi-Wan comforted once more, knocking gently on the tall doors and patiently awaiting their opening.

Almost immediately, the doors creaked open, different from most automated doors that slid open with a door release. Force signatures Luke didn't recognize swarmed him and he quickly threw up his tightest shields, awkwardly avoiding eye contact with the high ranking Jedi Masters, their presence alone making a cold bead of sweat trickle down his neck.

His feet carried him forward while the upper half of his body remained numb, his brain frantically trying to stop his movements and yet powerless to control even the simplest of motor functions. Obi-Wan casted him one last look before moving to one of the empty seats that sat in a neat circle around the windowed room, his gaze just as wary as Luke felt. A tug on his sleeve made Luke jerk as if he had been shot, his eyes seizing to the side to see Anakin stooped in a low bow and gesturing for him to do the same. A squeak rang out amongst the silent room as Luke's boots chafed against the floor in his clumsy, agitated attempt to drop into a bow. How did one bow to a Jedi? Was it similar to bowing to royalty or more complex? Luke was sure he was overthinking things, the stress of his situation grinding at his mental stability, but he would not let the Jedi Masters see that, his face only revealing the slightest of emotions through a quiver of his lip.

If only Leia were here. She wouldn't be nearly as careless as I am.

"Skywalker," a voice said, catching Luke's attention only for him to stupidly realize that his father was being addressed and not him. "Missed the briefing, you did."

Anakin barely covered up his wince, "I apologize Master Yoda, I was attending to Luke here in the medwing. He sustained a few injuries and left me distracted for a time."

The Masters all hummed in understanding, all eyes turning back to Luke once Yoda's question had been answered. "Yes...Luke...tell us more about yourself can you?"

"Particularly where you come from," Master Windu said, raising a skeptical eyebrow at the nervous young man. No matter how hard he tried to shield, things still leaked through, yet only barely.

"Uh..." Luke cleared his throat, instinctively looking over at Anakin, who offered only a smile in encouragement. "Well Masters, my name is Luke Starkiller and I am a Jedi."

"And you were on the Invisible Hand aiding Generals Kenobi and Skywalker, correct?" Master Fisto inquired, coming from the side of the room.

"Y-yes that's correct."

"Master Kenobi said you appeared. Care to explain that?" Master Allie asked, getting nods from the other Masters.

Luke was beginning to understand exactly what Anakin had been talking about when he had described the Council as intimidating; each question made his throat close tighter, the painful screeching of the truth floating in the back of his head and making him want to explode. A memory of Leia's voice suddenly rang in his ear, loud enough that it was as if she was standing right next to him.

Remember Luke, if you're ever captured, you say nothing. The Empire will do anything and everything to get you to talk, but do not let it break you. It will be hard, but it is too vital that our secrets stay secret. Lie a little if you have to to stay alive, but never give in.

Lie. He could do that. Obi-Wan did it for years with him so how hard could it be to return the favor? Or maybe...he could border the truth without telling the whole story...a certain point of view.

"I was flying my ship in a nearby sector to meet a few of my friends. I was only maybe halfway into preliminary checks in the cockpit before a light overcame my viewport and I blacked out. Next thing I knew I awoke on the Invisible Hand, just as confused as Masters Skywalker and Kenobi. I'm confident that it had something to do with the Force."

There was a brief silence as the Jedi took in his story, their minds still attempting to probe his. He mentally swatted each one away, swallowing as he maintained a straight face while doing so.

"You're still hiding something," Master Windu said slowly, his eyes gradually hardening. It was hard to convince war-weary Jedi into believing a lie, especially when Luke could so easily be a Separatist or a Sith, but he had to convince them. At least he currently had Anakin on his side. It was a start.

"Let's say we go with your story for now. You said you were a Jedi. And since you are so obviously Force-sensitive, explain to us how you were trained, if not at the Jedi Temple?" Master Mundi asked, his cylindrical head bobbing as he talked.

Luke couldn't help but let his eyes skirt over towards Obi-Wan before he cleared his throat, holding an image of Old Ben in his mind and wondering what the man would say right now. "There was an old hermit living in the Jundland Wastes just outside my homestead on Tatooine where I grew up. He dabbled a bit in the Force, was known as a local crazy man, but he taught me everything he knew, including how to construct my first saber."

"And you're certain this man wasn't a Sith?" Master Koon rumbled, his bass-filled voice making Luke's spine tingle due to the similarity to Vader's mask.

"Positive, Master. He knew Jedi philosophy, told me stories about the great defenders of the galaxy. After all, we don't see much of the Jedi out on Tatooine. I only knew stories," Luke explained.

"This man, did he have a name? If he is truly like you say he is, it could be possible he could aid in the war effort," said Master Windu, his expression having shifted from suspicious to curious.

Luke bit his lip, still unable to look away from Obi-Wan's ever increasingly concerned face. "His name was Ben. He...died a few years back. An old friend of his came back to resettle a debt; it didn't end well. Just everyday on Tatooine." He heard Anakin huff slightly, remembering how Luke had told him the same story back in the medbay.

"Our condolences," Master Allie said softly.

"This Ben, did he have a surname?" Master Mundi asked again, his eyes even more skeptical than Master Windu's had been.

"I...uh..." Luke began to stutter, his memory of Leia's words fading away and losing their effectiveness on his courage. "He was in exile. I can't say. I—"

"Strong your shields have been since walked in the room have you. More to your words there are; evident that is," Master Yoda said, a gleam in his emerald eyes.

Panic struck Luke straight in the chest, his lungs refusing to fill fully and leaving him gasping. "M-Masters, I swear, I don't mean any harm, I'm telling the truth, you must believe me—"

"Relax yourself, young one. No one is accusing you of anything," Obi-Wan said suddenly, looking like he wanted to rise to his feet and comfort Luke personally. Anakin was already doing it for him, however, his hand immediately outstretched and holding the boy's shoulder tight to keep him from hyperventilating. Luke took a shaky breath, fingering a loose string on his tunic and just now noticing that he was still in his burnt clothes, even though the electrocution aftershock had been healed.

"My apologies, Masters. My past is a troubling subject I choose not to share with strangers. I am just as confused as the rest of you, but I assure you, probing my mind will not give any answers," Luke said shakily, trying to focus on the firm grip of his father's hand on his shoulder.

"In case it was forgotten, Luke helped rescue the Chancellor just a few hours ago. He should be being commended, not questioned like a criminal," Anakin suddenly butted in, speaking for the first time since the beginning of the meeting, his nose scrunching in anger.

Obi-Wan sighed wearily, "Anakin you know better than anyone that we wouldn't have to be questioning him if there wasn't a war going on. It's only simple precautions, he's not on trial."

"He might as well be," Anakin snapped back, the sudden memory of his Padawan in a similar situation flashing into his mind. He had been so helpless, only watching from a distance as the Council callously stripped away everything Ahsoka had worked for, not even bothering to listen to her pleas of innocence or Anakin's cries of outrage. As he caught Obi-Wan's gaze, he knew the man was guiltily thinking back on the same moment, it just painful enough to make the older man look away in shame.

A tense silence that could be cut through with a dagger rang through, the Council no stranger to the fights between Anakin and Obi-Wan.

Master Koon was the first to break it, his covered eyes revealing no emotion, "I am certain the Senate will waste no time lauding the boy's bravery, but it is our duty to keep the people safe. Inviting a stranger into the Temple without proper questioning, especially during an ongoing conflict, would be reckless."

Anakin deflated slightly, but still radiated with anger, his hand having since left Luke's shoulder and instead hanging by his side in a tightly clenched fist.

"Correct Master Plo Koon is," Yoda put in, lowering his gimer stick in a firm slam against the ground, similar to how he had whacked Luke with it back on Dagobah in his effort to chastise the young Jedi. "But for now, alone, will Starkiller and I speak."

Luke went pale just as Master Mundi looked over to Master Yoda with an incredulous expression, "Master Yoda, surely there is no need for that,"

Yoda continued on as if he hadn't heard, "Dismissed you all are. More questioning will I conduct, yes."

Not wanting to disobey their oldest member, the Masters all rose from their seats, bowed, and walked out; those who were in the meeting via hologram clicked off, their eerie blue forms fizzing away into thin air. Anakin was the last to leave, his gaze turning to Luke before he heard Yoda huff in impatience.

"I'll be fine," Luke reassured, yet not exactly sure if he was talking to his father or himself.

Once the sight of Anakin's robes finally disappeared behind the closing door, Luke suddenly realized how real his situation was becoming. If this was the Force granting him one more chance not to screw up the bond of trust between himself and the Jedi, he was going to take it and hold onto it as tightly as he could. Master Yoda was clever, that much was true, yet he was also immensely wise, able to see through the slightest of fabrications. After all, in just the little while Luke had known the small Jedi, Yoda had been able to tap into his every insecurity, exposing him to his fears and allowing him to become a better Jedi. In hindsight, he wondered what would have happened if he had followed his Master's instructions and had not confronted Vader that one fateful day.

"Sit," said Yoda, the command so simple yet holding an underlying meaning to it deep down. Cautiously, Luke did as he was instructed, lowering himself gently into the warm cushion previously occupied by Master Windu.

"Master, I—"

"Ah, speak, do not," Yoda said slyly, a small grin rising on his face and his pointed ears perking upwards. With a solid grip on his gimer stick, the small Jedi leaned forward, his voice lowering to a gravelly tone, "Think you can lie to Jedi, hmm?"

"W-What?" Luke wheezed, his hands trembling and his right foot tapping restlessly. He had to leave, he needed to leave, why was he so easy to read? It was a miracle Palpatine hadn't caught him yet at this point.

"A disturbance in the Force there is. Centered around you, it is. Explain this, can you?" Yoda asked, looking extremely patient as he watched Luke shift uncomfortably and scoot further and further away.

Luke licked his lips, the cracked skin suddenly dry and burning on contact with his saliva. It felt as if something was stuck in his throat, but before a botched explanation could even be attempted, he was being whacked on the arm with Yoda's gimer stick.

"No. No lies. The question, answer."

Deciding to approach it how he spoke to Anakin, Luke took a deep breath, still unable to look Yoda in the eyes. "The Force is telling me not to reveal anything about myself. I don't want to lie to any of you, honest." The words came out in desperation, the truth pounding against his lips, itching to be released into the world.

Yoda sighed, closing his eyes and drawing in a deep breath.

Luke watched with sudden interest and trepidation, unable to read the Master—neither physically nor mentally. Which meant he had not expected the next words in the slightest.

"Not from this time period, are you?" It was a statement, not a question and Luke knew he couldn't deny it any further, his entire body stiffening at the words.

"How did you—"

"Strong your shields are, but need work they do. Works in mysterious ways, the Force does. Had a reason for sending you to this time, it must have." Yoda said with a knowing look.

Luke gaped in amazement. "Yes...it-it's true."

Yoda hummed in concern, his clawed hand reaching up to stroke his chin. "Keep this secret you must. If meant for you to conceal your identity the Force did, then conceal your identity you must," He paused for a moment, studying Luke intently, "More to the story there is?"

Luke nodded lightly. Yoda had figured out the time travel, but who exactly Luke was or what the future held was still as unknown to him as it was to anyone else in his timeline. Of all people though, Yoda would understand the will of the Force the most. He understood that Luke had a mission that did not concern the Jedi, only Luke himself.

"Safe your secret is. But careful you must be. Dangerous time travel is. Only uses it in the most dire of emergencies the Force does," Yoda explained, Luke not bothering to ask how he knew about time travel. Was that something Jedi could do or was it strictly reserved to the Force's use? Either way, Luke was here, in the past, and there was nothing he could do about it except fix what he was meant to fix.

His father.

Luke quickly rose to his feet, his head dipping in a respectful bow. "Thank you for understanding Master Yoda. I will not fail you."

"Know me well in the future, do you?" Yoda inquired, curious as to how Luke acted around him. Smiling, Luke nodded gently, no verbal response required. With that note, Luke was dismissed, a sigh of relief he hadn't known he'd been holding escaping from his chest and allowing him to slump forward ever so slightly in his posture. As soon as the door closed behind him, he turned to pick up his pace, anxious to escape the confining room. However, he barely got a few feet before he was slamming face-first into something firm and solid, the sudden blow to the head sending him stumbling back a few steps. A hand was suddenly at his elbow, steadying him as a warm laugh echoed above. His vision cleared momentarily to reveal Anakin looking down at him with amused, yet concerned eyes. "You okay there?"

Luke allowed Anakin to help him regain his balance, brushing his disheveled tunic off as he did so and blowing hair out of his eyes. Why did he have to embarrass himself in front of his father of all people? "I'm fine. Thanks."

"Did Master Yoda scare you that much?" Anakin said with a laugh, although he still looked genuinely peeved about the way the Council had gone about interrogating him.

"No. He's fine, just a little more... intuitive than I was expecting," Luke admitted, making Anakin bark out a sharp laugh.

"You wouldn't be the first one to feel that way. The younglings around here will swear to you that he knows your every move before even you do." Luke smiled at the talk of young Jedi, the own happy thought of his own Jedi Order he had been planning after the war coming to mind. So lost in thought was Luke that he didn't notice Anakin look outside towards the gradually dimming daylight over the Courscanti skyline. "Uh...hey Luke?"

"Mm?"

"Do you have anywhere to stay tonight?"

Luke paused, not having expected the question. Now that he thought about it though, he hadn't really thought further ahead than survive, don't tell people he's from the future, and save his father from falling to the dark side. Sleep had just become...less of a priority. "No, I don't. I mean, I can find somewhere I guess, I just didn't really think about it...."

Anakin bit his lip, looking around with unease before sighing. "I should really ask before I do this but...you remember my secret wife I told you about? Padmé?"

Mother. "Yeah what about her?"

"She has an apartment here on Coruscant that I stay at most nights as opposed to my Temple apartment. She has some spare blankets and stuff and I'm sure we could find somewhere for you to sleep. I mean Threepio might wake you up in the morning shrieking about having a guest over but I'm sure..." Anakin's voice faded out in Luke's ears as all he could focus on was being invited to sleep at his parents' apartment. The apartment he would've probably, in another life, briefly lived in as a child. Lived in with his parents and his twin sister. The concept was so wild and blissful that Luke could only sit there with a stupid grin on his face, his eyes aglow as they simply stared at Anakin. "...but yeah, I mean, it's only if you want to. Like I said, I should really ask Padmé before just showing up, but I'm sure she'll be happy to at least know what happened to you after you passed out."

Luke blinked once he realized Anakin was done talking and now finally addressing him.

"Luke?"

"Yes!" cried Luke, so loud that Anakin actually flinched. "Yes I would love to stay at your wife's apartment, it sounds amazing."

"Great," Anakin said with a kind smile. "Oh, and I know I already mentioned this earlier, but she is pregnant so, just be...fragile I guess. I'm not exactly sure how childbirth works."

Luke giggled, his elation at staying with his parents bringing out a mischievous side to him. As the two of them began to walk towards Anakin's speeder, Luke began to ask questions he already knew the answers to just because he could, being from the future and all, "So, do you know if it's a boy or a girl yet?"

"No, but I know it's a girl. I can sense it through the Force," Anakin said, smirking proudly.

Luke fought back a chuckle, "You can sense it?"

"Of course."

Time for the punchline. "What if it were twins?"

Anakin stopped dead in his tracks.

"T-twins?" Luke nodded at the straight panic laced in his father's voice, a devilish grin on his face. "Is...is that a possibility you think?"

"It's not impossible ," Luke replied cheekily.

"Stars...I'm still mentally preparing for one child, I don't even think I would know where to begin with two ." Color began to drain from Anakin's face as he unknowingly twisted the corners of his tunic in his hand.

He was so oblivious that Luke couldn't help the hiccup of a laugh that escaped him as he clasped his hand down on the taller man's shoulder in support. "Don't stress about it. After all, what do I know? It was just a thought."

"But two kids. Two of them. At the same time. I could barely even handle a Padawan," Anakin said numbly, Luke mentally reminding himself to bring up this aforementioned Padawan in a later conversation. From what he remembered from his brief training, he knew that a Padawan was a Jedi student of some kind, he just hadn't been aware that his father had had one. If he had trained anybody Luke would've thought it had been one of the many Inquisitors during the Galactic Civil War, not a Jedi apprentice. Then again, there was a lot about Anakin Skywalker Luke apparently didn't know. He sometimes wondered how much his Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru had kept from him or if they had been just as much in the dark as he.

A sudden ache hurt his heart at the thought of his aunt and uncle before he was reminded once again that he was in the past. Every family member or friend he had ever lost was alive and well—or had yet to be born—and he had a chance to keep them safe through saving his father. His eyes shifted towards Anakin, the man still stuck in his own head as he mulled over Luke's words. The two of them were bonding, that was for sure, and despite the fact that Luke was in actuality a lot younger than Anakin, he could already feel a slight brotherly connection between the two of them, and that was enough to let hope run rampant through his veins. The more details he learned of his father, the higher chance he had at changing the future for the better. He thought hard on Master Yoda's words, still not completely sure how to achieve his goal, but he knew if he stayed on track of reminding Anakin what was important and reigning in his temper, he could actually do it.

That and expose Palpatine, which was going to be the harder of the two, especially since Anakin trusted the man so deeply.

"I'm sorry about all that by the way," Anakin's voice slipped through his thoughts, him having started up his speeder and holding the passenger side door open for Luke. Luke clambered in with a grateful nod, looking over at his father as he came in the other side. The man had obviously gotten over his fear of having twins, albeit the signs of his stress were still evident in the way he gripped the steering.

"Sorry for what? Freaking out about your pregnant wife? That's a pretty normal thing to do, you don't have to apologize," Luke said with a chuckle, watching as Anakin grinned softly at him in amusement.

"No, no, not that. I'm sorry about the Council. I already talked to Obi-Wan about it when you were alone with Master Yoda. I understand their scrutiny of you, but they weren't listening to what I had to say and how I trust you after what you told me in the medcenter. They don't trust my judgement at all and recently it's been getting worse. I just didn't expect them to take it out on you was all, you looked on the verge of passing out again if we're being fully honest," said Anakin with a frustrated sigh, the engine of the speeder starting up with a low hum of its repulsorlifts. Luke simply stared, not aware how nervous he had seemed. "All I'm saying is you helped rescue the Chancellor, and more importantly you helped me save Obi-Wan. I'm pretty grateful for that."

Luke blushed in embarrassment at the thanks, "I was only trying to help. I guess you could call it second nature...helping people," Luke paused in thought, thinking deeply about how much Han and Leia scolded him about his martyr-like decisions in high-stake situations. "And the Council isn't your fault, they're just...skeptical. I don't blame them. But for now, since I'm here, I might as well get to know more about the Jedi outside of my brief training."

Anakin nodded thoughtfully, already merging into traffic and down the familiar route to Padmé's apartment. "I would be more than happy to teach you some things. You're already a great fighter and you radiate decidedly strong in the Force, so it'd be fun. I need something to focus on outside of the war after all."

Luke let a wide smile grace his lips. "I...you have no idea how much that would mean to me Anakin."

Smiling, Anakin leaned over and ruffled Luke's hair. "Of course. Consider it a favor...for a friend."

"So we're friends now?" Luke laughed, teasing.

"Might as well be seeing as I seem to be doing all these nice things for you," said Anakin, "It's just something about you, I don't know. I think your personality just reminds me of...well of my wife."

Luke giggled, watching Anakin's face morph into a puzzled expression. "I guess I'm flattered."

"Yeah, yeah," Anakin said with a shake of his head, killing the engine. "We're here."

Luke jerked his head up to see that they had landed in a small private docking area, the open balcony of a living area exposed to the night air of Coruscant. It was a higher-living yet quaint apartment, definitely fitting for a Senator. And seeing as Jedi weren't allowed to have any personal belongings, it was pretty obvious that Anakin cherished the place just as much as Padmé.

Stepping out of the speeder, Luke watched as his father fell into a gentle jog, approaching the shadowy figure in the corner. His motion triggered a dim light and Luke was greeted to the sight of his parents tightly embracing before sharing a long, warm kiss. Embarrassed to be caught staring, Luke looked down at his feet as he walked inside.

Padmé saw him immediately and gasped, pulling away from her husband and rushing towards him with intense concern. "Oh stars, you're alright! I saw you faint earlier today and that nerfherder over there failed to update me like I asked." Her frantic words startled Luke and he smiled lightly, trying not to marvel at the similarities to Leia...and also to his own face.

"I...uh...yes ma'am, I'm fine. Thank you for your concern."

Padmé smiled sweetly at him, taking his hands and squeezing firmly. "Well thank the Force for that. I'm Padmé and I'm sure you know Anakin already."

"Y-yes...I do. He, uh...offered me to stay the night if that's alright?"

Padmé scoffed, "Is that alright? Of course it is dear. I don't have many overnight guests so you'll have to excuse my lack of arrangements for you, but anyone who helped save Anakin is okay in my book," she winked at him just before turning with a weary grunt and glaring at Anakin firmly. "Next time comm me, Ani. You know I worry,"

"Sorry, love, we got sidetracked," Anakin paused, leaning forward to whisper in her ear, "He definitely knows about our marriage and the baby, but he's trustworthy, I promise."

"He seems like a sweet boy, and like you said, he helped save Obi-Wan's life. Might just have to name the baby after him." She meant it in a teasing way, but Anakin still froze, his hand absentmindedly rubbing her small baby bump.

"Yeah about that, how likely are twins, would you say?"

Padmé blinked in surprise, "I...uh...wouldn't know. Why are you thinking about that?"

"Just a thought," Anakin said meekly before pressing another kiss to her temple and moving towards Luke leaning against the wall in silence. "Come on. You can take the sofa. It's more comfortable than you think."

"That's more than fine, Anakin, really." Luke took the blanket tossed at him and watched as Anakin fluffed the pillows and rearranged them into a proper sleeping position.

Padmé watched the two of them affectionately, rubbing her stomach in gentle caresses as she did so and humming thoughtfully. She hadn't even told her own parents about being married to Anakin, and yet here she was sharing her largest secret with a complete stranger. It was the strangest thing, yet Anakin and her felt compelled to trust the boy completely, his intentions the farthest they could be from threatening. He only seemed to radiate a curiosity and determination, his eyes constantly dilating on certain words and topics as if he was nervous about something. Padmé didn't have the Force, but Anakin had always told her that a politician's intuition was pretty much the same as the Jedi's abilities—minus the telekinesis of course. She always had a knack for reading people well though, hence why her and Anakin connected pretty well.

Kicking off his boots, Luke didn't bother to remove his tunic as he let his exhaustion run his movements. He gripped the soft blanket tight and curled up like a baby lothcat, his blonde hair falling in his face. The way he bundled deeply in blankets to stay warm and how limp blonde hairs fell into bright blue eyes, Padmé couldn't help but think of Anakin as the young man got comfortable.

"Thank you both again. I...guess I'll see you in the morning?"

"If we don't sleep in," Anakin teased, patting Luke on the shoulder before moving towards his and Padmé's bedroom.

"You mean if you don't sleep in!" Padmé called after him, Luke chuckling lightly. The Nabooian senator looked down at the young man and smiled brightly. "Just knock if you need anything dear; feel free to help yourself to the fresher and kitchen if you need."

"Thank you Mrs. Skywalker," Luke said, the name feeling foreign on his tongue even as Padmé scoffed.

"Oh I get too many formal names in my work, please, you're a guest and a friend, call me Padmé."

Luke blinked, his cheeks heating up as he couldn't tear his eyes away from the warm, kind woman that gave him life...or had yet to give him life in her position. She held the same warmth Aunt Beru showed him growing up, yet it still felt somehow different, something he had been missing his whole life. As messed up as his whole time travel predicament had been, seeing his mother look down at him with a soft smile made it all worth it. However she died in the future, he knew had to prevent that just as much as he had to stop his father from falling. He and Leia would get the childhood they were stripped of.

"Padmé. Of course."

She smiled one last time before moving to go follow Anakin into their bedroom. Luke watched her go before curling back into the sofa, his mind focused on growing up with the two wonderful parents he had met for the first time and a smile slowly rising on his face as he drifted into the bliss of unconsciousness.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.4K 291 8
Since the Force doesn't give a kriff about mental health, it decides to yeet Ben Kenobi into the past, where he'll have the honour of reliving ROTS a...
5.3K 96 19
Anakin Skywalker was on the brink of falling into darkness. In fact, he even called himself Darth Vader. But what would happen if he turned away from...
21.1K 298 54
The Head Technician of the First Order. An orphan from Corellia. Ree Keelor. One day, fixing a broken cooling system, the next, being taught how to w...
43.4K 2.8K 31
A Chosen One shall come, born of no father, and through him will ultimate balance in the Force be restored. Throughout the galaxy, many had heard the...