Bates & Landon [Wattys2015]

By Misfitted_Infinity

And we are put on this earth, a little space beyond us. With the possibility that we might learn to bare the... More

LANDON
BATES
LANDON
BATES
LANDON
BATES
LANDON
BATES
LANDON
BATES
LANDON
BATES
LANDON
BATES
LANDON
BATES
LANDON
BATES
LANDON
BATES
LANDON
BATES
LANDON
BATES
LANDON
BATES
LANDON
LANDON
BATES
LANDON
BATES
LANDON
BATES
LANDON
BATES
LANDON
BATES
LANDON
BATES

BATES

78 15 19
By Misfitted_Infinity

Bates

Landon tried to make her breathing regular while we watched The Exorcist. I noticed, but didn't say or do anything. The movie was scary, obviously since it was inteneded to spook the audience watching it.

If I won, I didn't know exactly what I would make her do. At least, I didn't want to make her embarrass herself. I know how much she hates that. "Lan, I can almost feel the couch shaking from you being so petrified."

"Oh, no. I'm just really cold, that's all. I'll go get a blanket!" She leaped off the couch in search of a blanket. I noticed how pale she looked when she came back, she was scared.

"If you were so cold, you could've just cuddled up to me." I flirted which resulted in her blushing. She sat down, a space between us from where we both sat. I frowned and moved closer so that our arms and legs were touching. She bit her lip, keeping her eyes on the screen.

"You are supposed to watch the movie, not me," she joked, her elbow nudging me.

"I'm sorry, I can't keep my eyes off you."

With red stained cheeks she turned to me, "If you don't watch the movie then I will automatically win."

"What! How?"

"Because you have to watch the movie on the Television. Not watch me."

I shot her a teasing glare, "Fine," I grumbled, "I can't help that you are beautiful." I couldn't believe how straightforward and flirty I was being towards her. I wasn't lying. It was just new and refreshing to be so open to a person I so obviously like.

"Aren't you just super flirty today?" She said, teasing, blushing once again. I loved when she blushed.

"Shhhh." I nudged her. "Watch the movie." Occasionally, she would hold her breath when something scary would happen she'd hold her breath or grip the covers tightly.

Landon was doing good until the main girl that got possessed started levitating off the bed, her eyes rolling into the back of her head. She jumped, her body instantly leaning closer to me.

I was about to say something witty about how I won, but she grips my arm. "I know. I lost, I'm sorry. Just -- Just, this is scary. And I don't know why someone would make a movie like this." I wrap my arm around her and she scoots closer to me, her head laying in the crook of my neck. "Just hold me, please." She sounded so scared and her voice was low. So I just gripped her tighter and kissed the top of her head, comforting her.

When the movie was finally over, she let out a big sigh of relief. "I can't believe I watched that."

"At least you finished it," I remarked as she straightened up.
"Yeah, true. Okay. You won. So what do I have to do?" She stared at me, looking defeated.

I honestly had no idea what to have her do. Give me a massage? No, too weird

Make me a sandwich?

Ha, no.

Tell me a story about herself?

No, I could easily ask her that sometime.

I felt brave again, so I looked her in the eyes, and said, "Kiss me."

"W--What?" She stuttered out, blushing furiously. I loved when she blushed.

"Kiss me," I said again, feeling my neck and ears getting warm. She bit her lip, looking down. I started to regret every requesting that in the first place --

She leaned forward, her body close to mine, and planted a soft kiss on my cheek. My eyes widened at the act. "What -- What was that?"

She blushed, "A kiss." She looked at her hands, shyly.

"No, I meant --," my neck was probably red, "you know.."

She frowned, looking back up at me, "Hmm? I don't know what you mean."

"I meant a real kiss," I argued, starting to smile. I looked at her, she was looking at me.

"A kiss on the cheek is most certainly not fake, Bates," she was teasing me, she knew what I meant. She was just being sarcastic about it.

Without warning, I tackled her and began to tickle her. Her laughter bounced off the walls and she squirmed underneath me. "Bates!" She erupted into laughter loudly, eyes closing, "S--Stop!" she kept laughing and I was smiling widely down at her as I ticked her sides. Her eyes filled with tears from laughter, her hands gripping my hands trying to make me stop. And finally I did. She wiped the tears from her eyes, and I realized that I was still on top of her. I didn't move.

She looked up at me, smiling. "Phew. I haven't laughed like that in a while." I smiled in reply. Her hand reached up to brush the hair off my forehead, "You have such a beautiful smile."

I looked at her, I mean really looking at her. From the way her hair cascaded down her head and fell on her shoulder. The way her smile was so wide and they way her eyes were big and bright. She had the kind of eyes you could swim in; I wanted to find all her hidden secrets buried beneath her eyes and unravel all the stories left untold. I looked at how her lips were slightly chapped looking and the thing she did with her lip when she was nervous -- sucking her lips in her mouth before puffing them back out.

My elbows were supporting my weight so I wouldn't crush her completely. She kept gazing up at me, her eyes such a mixed color of brown and green. Her eyes were so bright and she made herself feel like she was my Home. She made me forget my problems. She made me happy. My God, was Landon gorgeous. Not the model/actor pretty or the ridiculous standards of pretty Society expected girls all ages to be in. No, she was her own kind of beauty that no one could ever reach.

"You know," I said, my thumb running along her bottom lip, she closed her eyes, "this is the part where you kiss me. And not on the cheek, Landon." I added the last part quickly.

She chuckled, the sound vibrating through my whole body. She looks up at me, her lips inching towards mine.

Knock, knock, knock!

Someone was knocking on the door. Landon and I untangled ourselves from each other, her standing up and running her fingers through her hair. She ran off to the door while I stood there awkwardly, then I sat down so I wouldn't just be standing.

"About time you answered the door," huffed a woman in an annoyed voice, "Help me with these bags. Is that boy of yours still here?"

"Uhm, yes. He i--is." They were not that far away, so I could easily hear them.

"Oh," from what I assumed, Mandy, said. And she didn't sound so happy that I was still here. I stood up and walked into the kitchen.

"Hello," I greeted Mandy. She had light brown hair with blue eyes. She had a sharp nose and big lips. She was lean and tall. She took in my clothes; a long sleeve and jeans with converse. From the looks of it, she seemed not to like my outfit. She was wearing a blue dress with black heels.

"Hi, Bart." She held out her hand for us to shake.

"It's, uh, Bates," I said, offering a polite smile.

"Whoops," she said, not seeming so apologetic. She pulled her hand out of mine and sauntered over to the fridge. "How was school?"

"It was okay." Landon answers, handing Mandy a bad full of vegetables. Landon's step mother looked at me, waiting for a answer answer.

"Oh," I cleared my throat, "it was alight."

"Would you like to stay for dinner?" Mandy suggested politely as she glanced at a couple dirty dishes in the sink, scrunching up her sharp nose.

I looked at Landon. "Uh, my sister. She's at daycare, I can't leave her there."

"Can't your mom just pick her up?" Mandy asked innocently.

"Um, no. She's, uh, sick." I lied,"so I'll probably have to get going."

Mandy scoffed, "You are just gonna walk? No, I won't let you do that. I can drive you."

"You don't have to --"

"I insist," Mandy said, shooting Landon a look before walking away to fetch the car keys.

"Sorry about her," Landon began, walking over to me.

I grabbed her hand. "Don't apologize," I smiled, "it's okay anyways." She looked up at me, her lips turning into a smile. I pulled her hand to my lips, kissing them softly before pulling away. Landon blushed a deep red and looked down.

"I'm ready!" Mandy yelled.

"She's just acting nice around you in sakes for her image," Landon whispered, looking at me, "Don't let her fool you."

"Oh, I won't." I replied just as Mandy came into the kitchen.

•••

"Bates!" Emmy came running towards me, smiling.

"Hey, Emmy," I said, ruffling her hair, "Ready to go?"

"Yes!" She said as we walked out of the school, skipping excitedly.

"Are we not walking?" She asked as I pulled her towards Mandy's car.

"Nope," I shook my head, "not today, Em."

"Is that pretty girl in there?" She blurted once we got close enough that Emmy could see people in the car.

I chuckled, "Yeah, Landon is." I let Emmy get in the backseat with me, Landon was riding shotgun. I told Mandy the directions where to go.

"So," Mandy said, starting conversation, "how did you two meet?"

"Um," Landon said, "he was new at school so I started talking to him and we kinda became close after that." Landon looked back at me, our eyes connecting. "We have the same art class, he's really good at painting."

"That so?" Mandy raised her penciled in eyebrows, looking surprised.

"Yes," Landon said quietly.

"Do you paint often?" Mandy asked me.

I looked at Emmy, she was looking out the window silently, "Yeah, usually."

"Oh, you can stop here." I told her and she parked. "We can walk the rest of the way."

Mandy didn't question me, just smiled and nodded. "Bye Bart!"

"Bates," Landon corrected her step mom. She then looked over at me, grinning, "Bye Emmy! Bye Bates! I hope your mom gets better."

I felt guilty for lying to her about my mom being sick when she really wasn't. But telling someone your mom is a alcoholic isn't such a great conversation starter. I waved at them and Emmy went around the car to hug Landon before Emmy and I both headed home.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

651K 13.8K 23
THIS STORY IS BEING EDITED FROM START TO FINISH #15 in Fiction 06/10/2018 © 2016 All Rights Reserved -M
3.1K 85 32
Sometimes life don't go the way we planned. Sometimes we end up feeling so low, and alone. Like we're in a dark hole with no one around us, but then...
4K 93 29
COMPLETED✅ Two high school teenagers finding themselves, analyzing this ever changing world, and building love. This is the type of love you wish you...
428 68 20
I didn't know a meeting could change all my perspective of life. It's like I'm stuck in a romance kind of movie. Everything is PERFECT. But I'm afrai...