The Girl Nextdoor

Af hoplessromantic143

Camila Cabello is an average girl. She's not popular, or somewhere in between. She belongs to a group that he... Mere

Pilot
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Quick Question
IMPORTANT
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Important I guess
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Help?
Chapter 39
Hey guys...
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65: Part 1
Chapter 65: Part 2
Chapter 65: Part 3
Chapter 66
Chapter 67: Part 1
Chapter 67: Part 2
Chapter 67 Part: 3
Chapter 67: Part 4
Chapter 67: Part 5
Chapter 68 Part 1
Chapter 68: Part 2
Chapter 68 Part 3
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71: Part 1
Chapter 71: Part 2
Chapter 72: Part 3
Hey guys!
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Important
Need your help!!
Come say hi
The book cover
Fin

Chapter 55

27.3K 807 2.5K
Af hoplessromantic143

Camila's POV

It felt like someone had punched me in the stomach. Kissing her and realizing that it wasn't Lauren felt like that. I couldn't breath. I was having some sort of anxiety attack. I let myself fall, my back sliding against the lockers as I met the floor. I laid there lifeless. Trying to comprehend what just happened. If that just happened.

And it did.
Right when things were going good, something just had to come in the way and ruin it.

It always seemed to be that way with Lauren. Always. And I was starting to think that the universe was trying to separate us. And it probably was. Just like its done with everything else I love. But even so, I couldn't let the universe have this one. No, not Lauren.

I got up and quickly ran towards the parking lot. In the distance, I spotted Lauren's black Audi and sprinted there as fast as I could.

When Lauren saw me approach her from her rear view mirror, she got out of the car and met me halfway, "Hey, what's wrong?" She asked putting a supportive hand on my arm to help hold me up as I caught my breath. Her fingers almost caressing my cheek with her other hand.

I closed my eyes briefly as I felt the warmth of her touch. After a few seconds, I managed to breath, "M-Madison."

"Madison what? What did she do?"

I held up my hand for one second and caught my breath again. It took longer than I thought. I don't know why it was so difficult for me but I kept feeling like each breath I took was for nothing. I pulled away from Lauren and reached into my bag to grab my inhaler. I took a quick wiff of it and stuffed it into my pocket. I took a few more deep breaths before I finally spoke, "Sorry."

"Are you okay? Did she hurt you again?" Lauren practically growled.

"No." I said avoiding her gaze, "She...She kissed me and I thought it was you at first so I kinda kissed her back but I pulled away as soon as I realized it wasn't you. I'm sorry it was all so fast. I couldn't even see who it was and I just assumed it was you because you tend to pull me into closets and-"

Lauren pressed her index finger against my lips to shut me up.

"She kissed you?" She asked firmly.

"Yeah." I mumbled against her finger.

"And you reciprocated?"

"Yeah, but only because-"

"Did you...like it?"

I shook my head, "No. No of course not." I mumbled.

"Did you want to kiss her?"

"No." I said moving my head to the side to getter finger off my lips, "I didn't want too. I just thought it was you at first. It was a misunderstanding on my part. I'm sorry-"

"It's not your fault." Lauren interrupted, before she ran a frustrated hand through her hair. "I just..."

"Are you mad?"

Lauren stifled a low chuckle, "Mad can't even begin to describe what I feel right now Camz."

"Lauren-"

"Just stop. Stop apologizing. I know it's not your fault. I know you didn't want to kiss her."

I was about to respond before she cut me off, "You didn't want to kiss her right?" Lauren asked again, worry etched all over her face.

"No." I affirmed her, grasping her hands, "Not in a million years. I love you, Lauren."

Lauren sighed in relief, "I just... I just got you back Camz. I don't want to lose you. Not to her. Not to anyone."

"Are you kidding me? You'll never lose me. Not as long as my heart beats."

Lauren tried to hide her smile, "You're such a romantic."

"I know, but I mean it."

Lauren half smiled, "I know you do..." She trailed off avoiding my gaze.

"But?"

"I can't get over the fact that she kissed you. And..."Lauren paused, shaking her head lightly, "that you kissed her back."

"..."

"I just can't wrap my head around it." Lauren said furrowing her brows as anger started to make it's way to her facial features, "She fucking kissed you."

"It didn't mean anything-"

"-Let's go for a ride." Lauren interrupted.

"But we're not done talking about this."

"I don't want to talk about this anymore."

"But I do."

"Look, do you want to go on a date or not? Someone kissing my girlfriend wasn't on the schedule. So we kind of don't have time to talk about this. Either we go now. Or let her ruin our date."

"Hold on, but I'm confused." I stopped her, "So that's it? You're not upset over this anymore?"

"Oh, I'm upset. I'm just trying to get out of here before I walk back into that building and rip her head off."

The scary thing is, she's not kidding.

Without my consent, Lauren grabbed my wrist and opened the passenger door for me, "Get in."

I quickly did what she wanted and didn't even think twice about it.

She closed the door and got in herself then started the engine. Her eyes burned with the same fire I saw when I was with Ariana and I was starting to feel like maybe it wouldn't be the safest idea to be in a car with her right now.

"Lauren-"

"Put on your seat belt."

"You put yours on."

Lauren chuckled, "Trust me, that's the last thing on my mind right now."

I sighed and did what she said. I watched her grip the steering wheel with one hand and fix her mirror with the other.

"Lauren, I don't think you should drive right now-"

Her grip tightened, "I need to get out of here before I'm charged for murder." Lauren interrupted before she changed gears and pulled out of the parking lot as if this was some sort of race.

I didn't bother saying anything else. I just watched her exceed the speed limit by the minute.

I wanted to tell her to calm down or slow down for that matter, but I knew that it would only make her more upset.

But then again, I don't want to crash. Not entirely for my safety either, for hers because she wasn't even wearing a seat belt.

I cleared my throat.

"Lauren."

She ignored me.

"Lauren." I tried again.

She continued to look ahead.

"Lauren."

"I'm gonna kill her."

"Lo-"

"This is because I called her a coward isn't it?"

?

"Because I made her confront her feelings for you."

"Wait what?"

"Back in the cafeteria, before I hit her, I called her a coward because she didn't acknowledge her feelings for you. And now I'm a fucking idiot because I've created a monster."

"Lo, you have to calm down, that kiss didn't mean anything....you know that right?"

"I do. I'm just...I'm sorry, this is all my fault." Lauren frowned, "I should have just kept my mouth shut."

"It's not your fault. You didn't know this was going to happen. I didn't know this was going to happen. No one did."

"I just..." Lauren said before her jaw clenched, "I can't believe she kissed you and that you kissed her back. You didn't want too right?" Lauren asked again desperate to hear my answer.

"No." I assured her. "I only did it because I thought she was you."

Her jaw clenched before she turned away to face the road again.

"Lauren, please-"

"I just can't believe that actually happened." She repeated again.

"I know."

"UGH." Lauren groaned, "Talk to me about something else before I turn back and run her over." She almost growled.

I struggled to pick something off the top of my head. "Uh...SOFTBALL. HOW'S THE TEAM?"

"Terrible." Lauren mumbled, "I haven't been to practice in a week."

"Who's taken over meanwhile?"

Lauren shook her head as her jaw clenched again.

ASLFPDJEOSNK

"I MEAN WARRIORS. HOW ABOUT THEM WARRIORS."

"Camz, do you even know who they are?"

"Yeah...it's a football team isn't it?"

Lauren actually cracked a smile, "No it's a basketball team you dork."

"OH. Right. Basketball. I knew that." I said waving my hand dismissively.

Lauren stifled a chuckle, "Do you even like sports?"

"Is sleeping a sport?"

Lauren rolled her eyes playfully, "No Camz."

"Oh, then no."

"Have you ever played any?"

"I played tennis once. But I was so terrible my coach used me as the bad example."

Lauren pouted and glanced at me, "Well they're an idiot. I bet you were amazing."

I smiled and scrunched up my nose, "Nah, I was pretty bad."

"You probably just needed more practice." Lauren said giving me a pointed look, "Practice makes perfect."

"Well not for me."

"We'll see about that." Lauren said before she changed gears and speed up.

"Lauren."

"Calm down Camz. I know what I'm doing." She said keeping her eyes on the road.

"But-"

"Camz. Trust me." She interrupted, glancing at me.

I sighed and gave in, "Okay."

Lauren smiled to herself in success. "We're almost there."

"Where?"

"You'll see."

"No, tell me where we're going."

"No."

"As my girlfriend, you gotta tell me, that's a requirement."

Lauren chuckled,
"I don't have to tell you anything."

"That's kind of what you do on normal dates."

"What? Tell people where they're going?"

"Yep."

Lauren stifled a chuckle, "Yeah, well it's a good thing I'm not normal."

I grunted, "Lauren."

"Camz I'm not telling you. You're going to have to wait."

"This isn't fair. What if you take me to the woods and reveal that you're an ax murderer and-"

"I'm not an ax murderer and I'm not going to kill you. Feel better now?"

"A little." I pouted, "But still, we're really far from town."

Lauren's lips pursed. It was almost as if I caught onto to something she didn't want me to notice.

"Why are we far from town?"

"Because, I can't be anywhere near Madison right now."

"But you didn't even let me change."

"You look fine Camz."

"Oh yes, this cardigan and punny t-shirt sure look hot."

"It is hot."

I gave her a pointed look.

"Okay more cute than hot but-"

I rolled my eyes playfully and interrupted her, "Lauren I'm serious why did we drive out here?"

"I already told you. I don't want to be in the same place as her right now."

I didn't believe her.

"Can we talk about this later?" She begged. "I really just want to forget about what happened for now."

"Fine. But you have to tell me where we're going."

Lauren sighed, "Fine. We're going to one of my favorite places."

"Which is?"

"A surprise. Now keep talking, you're really good at distracting me."

I groaned, "Okay. Uh...why don't we turn on the radio-" I suggested before doing so and hearing a strange sound I didn't expect to hear.

It was a mix of summertime sadness. I turned to look at her.

"Is this..." I tried to say as I gawked at how amazing it was. "Is this your-"

Lauren quickly shut it off. "No."

"It is." I said pointing at her. "This is your mixtape."

"No, it's a friends." She lied.

"Lauren please. Every DJ keeps their own mixtape in their car."

"I'm not a DJ." Lauren grumbled.

"Fine. Musical Engineer. Whatever, but that was amazing."

"It's alright."

"You're insane. It's great."

"It was just something I put together late at night." Lauren said before she smirked, "You should see what I spin at night."

"At night?"

Lauren's smile grew.

"You spin at night?" I whispered. "In Miami?"

"I didn't say that."

"But you do. Don't you?"

Lauren just smirked as she let her silence consume me.

"THIS IS WHY YOU WANTED NEW EQUIPMENT ISN'T IT?"

"Maybe."

"When were you going to tell me that my girlfriend is an underground DJ?"

"I'm not a DJ, can you stop calling me that?"

"You're not answering the question."

Lauren rolled her eyes playfully, "It doesn't matter anyway."

"Why not?"

"Because the place isn't your scene. You can't get in without an id. So you'd never get to hear me spin even if you wanted."

"Not my scene?"

"Yeah. People there don't play around Camz. All they want is to have sex, do drugs and drink. You wouldn't like it."

"Psh. You don't know that. For your information, I'm actually one of the biggest drug lords in Florida."

Lauren's eyebrows rose up in surprise, "Oh really? Is that so?"

"Mmmhm. But don't tell my mom, she'll kill me."

Lauren shook he head lightly before she sighed, "I don't know maybe if your good, I'll take you some day. But you know how insecure I am about it."

"I know. When your ready okay?" I said putting my hand over hers on her lap.

Unless I find you first. I smugly smiled to myself.

"I know what you're thinking. Good luck."

I chocked on my own saliva, "H-How did you-"

"It's written all over your face." Lauren smirked, "Like I've said before, you're an open book."

I shut my mouth and crossed my arms, "I hate you. You know that." I mumbled.

"Yep." Lauren quipped.

"Why won't you just let me listen to this mix at least?"

"Because, it sucks."

"It doesn't suck."

"Camz you only heard like five seconds of it. How could you possibly deduct anything from that?"

"Because I know talent when I see it."

"..."

"You really have a gift you know."

"No I don't."

"Yes, you do."

"Have you ever heard yourself sing?"

I blushed, "You don't have to flatter me you know. We're already dating."

"I'm serious Camz." Lauren said with a smile, "You're the one with talent."

I smiled.

"Maybe you'll write me a song one day."

"And maybe you'll show me your collection one day too."

"Is this a negotiation?"

"Yep."

"Alright then, deal. But you have to write me a song first."

"I mean technically...I already did." I pointed out.

"That doesn't count."

"Why?"

"Because I said so."

"And I'm just supposed to go along with what you say."

"Well, yeah."

I playfully rolled my eyes.

"We're here." Lauren said before stopping the car on the side of the road.

"You're not going to park anywhere?"

"No, we're in the middle of nowhere. Don't worry. They're not going to tow my car." Lauren said before retrieving her circle shaped sunglasses from the glove department and putting them on.

I unbuckled my seat belt and opened my car door to see where she brought me.

When I stepped out, I was instantly met by the view of the beautiful, clear blue ocean. Around us were large grey rocks that casacaded around the ocean. They almost looked like cliffs and it was absolutely breathtaking. The crisp, moist air was already running through my hair as a goofy smile spread over my lips.

"Where are we?" I asked turning to Lauren, my eyes practically glowing in excitement.

Lauren smiled at me, "It's called Jupiter beach but this place is my special place. I come here when I need to think. Or when I just want to get away. But there's this good food truck a few blocks down. Its not far I promise. They serve the best Hawaiian food and the owner is the funniest guy you'll ever meet."

"I can't wait."

She smiled once more and wrapped her arm around my shoulder. "Me either. Let's go."

--

I walked with Lauren along the coast line with her arm wrapped around me until we made our way to a red food truck.

From where we were initially, it looked like a dot, but as we approached it, I was able to read the name written on the side of the truck, "Akela's Seaside Bite"

"Akela?" I asked.

"It's Hawaiian. It means grace and nobility."

I was about to respond but a man popped his head out the window, "LOLO?!"

Lauren's lips curled up into a welcoming smile, "Akela!"

The man quickly dissapeared and made his way towards us. His truck moving along with him. He kicked the door open and engulfed Lauren in a hug.

The man was huge and by huge I mean huge. He had a sun drenched completion, small beaty eyes, a wide nose and luscious long black hair. I wonder what conditioner he uses...

Lauren laughed as she slowly got out of his embrace.

He smiled again and grasped her hands, "It's been so long Lolo! How have you been?" He asked with his thick Hawaiian accent.

"I've been fine, how about you?"

"Business has been a little slow but otherwise than that it's been good."

"What? Must be because of the wheather."

"I hope Lolo, I hope so." Akela sighed before he met my eyes, "Who's this?" He asked Lauren.

"Oh! This is my girlfriend, Camila." Lauren said gesturing to me, "And Camila this is Akela."

I extended out my hand, "Nice to meet you-" I began to say before he pulled me into a huge bear hug.

He twirled me around and gave me a final squeeze before he set me down. "Camila! What a wonderful name. Are you hungry? Sit down, I'll cook you guys anything you want." He said leading Lauren and I towards a table.

Lauren thanked him and pulled my chair out for me. I sat down and smiled at her chivalrous act. She then sat down and handed me a menu.

"Everything here is great, you can literately choose anything and you'll probably love it." Lauren said, her eyes scanning the menu eagerly.

She looked so happy, I don't know what it was about this place, but it almost looked as if she was a kid in a candy store.

"He's an interesting man." I murmured as I too looked at the menu.

"He's awesome." Lauren said before she looked up at me, "Sorry if he made you uncomfortable though, he doesn't really understand personal space."

I laughed, "No, it's okay. I thought his enthusiasm was.. inviting."

"I knew you'd like him."

A short silence fell upon us.

"How far is this beach from home?"

"About an hour."

"Did we drive here on purpose or?"

"No. Well, yeah. I was actually going to take you somewhere else first, but that can wait. With what happened today, I can't stand being anywhere near town."

"But you wanted to take me somewhere far...didn't you?"

Lauren deeply sighed and removed her sunglasses, "Yeah Camz, I did."

"Are you really that worried about being seen with me? I mean don't get me wrong, I appreciate the effort to bring me here but I'm just wondering if it's really that hard for you."

"It's a basic safety protocol Camz. You know that."

"For me or for you?"

She furrowed her brows in confusion, "For us."

"..."

"Camz do you really think it's safe we if go somewhere in town? Someone will see us."

"And?"

"Well it's not safe."

"I want to be able to go somewhere with you where I don't have to worry about any fucker seeing us because if someone did-"

"-it would get out."

"It would but that's not the only reason. I'm trying-"

"To protect me. I know." I sighed.

I don't like doing this Camz. You know I don't. You just have to give me some time to fix things."

"..."

Lauren pursed her lips, "It's not that I don't want to be seen with you. It's just once someone see's, were screwed. You'll get hurt or harassed and I'll be in jail because I'll beat up a few people over it."

I cracked a smile, "You're a very violent person Lauren."

She rolled her eyes playfully, "It's only because I care."

"I know. You're really just a big teddy bear though."

She gasped, "That's not true."

"Yeah, keep telling yourself that." I said peering up from my menu.

We didn't say anything for a few seconds. Lauren looked pensive as if trying to formulate her next words.

"But seriously, I'm going to fix this..." She suddenly said, "You just have to trust me." She said grasping my hand across the table and looking into my eyes with the most inarguable look I have ever seen. She was confident. So confident that I was starting to believe her.

"Okay."

"Okay?"

"I trust you."

Lauren sighed in relief, "Great. You had me worried there for a second."

"Good." I smugly smiled.

She smirked before she bit her lip and stared at me with the most unreadable expression. I started back at her and narrowed my eyes. Before I knew it, she was practically eye-fucking me across the table. Her eyes boring into mine as she licked her lips. If she could, she would take me on this table, but I know that the only thing keeping her back is Akela and another couple behind us.

"Do it. I dare you."

Lauren's brow quirked up, "You dare me?"

"I triple dog dare you."

Lauren's lips parted and just as she was about to open her mouth and probably slam me on this table, Akela popped his head out from the window and asked, "Are you girls ready to order?"

Lauren practically jumped. .Her face flushing at the sound of Akela's voice, "U-Uh...yeah. Just a second. Camz are you ready?"

I didn't reply. I was stunned. Was I really about to let her take me in public?

"Camz?"

I shook my head lightly, "Yeah. Yeah. I'll have whatever your having." I said handing her back the menu.

Lauren smirked and retrieved it from my hand, "Alright." She said picking up her own and standing up. "Be right back."

I took a deep breath after she left to place our order. I don't know how we managed to go from serious conversation to that but I can't say that I didn't like it.

Lauren returned and sat down. She crossed her leg over the other and rested her elbow on the arm chair and her chin in the palm of her hand. She gave me a teasing look, "So where were we?"

"I don't recall."

"Oh I do." She husked. "Want me to jog your memory?"

"You wouldn't."

"Try me."

I squinted my eyes at her. She wouldn't....would she?

Yeah, she would.

"No, I believe you."

"Then?"

"Lauren we're in public."

"So?"

I practically fell out of my seat, "So?! What do you mean so?"

"Akela won't look I promise. And that couple behind us isn't going to see anything they haven't seen before."

My mouth dropped. "You're not serious are you?"

"What?"

"You wouldn't have sex with me here."

"Yeah I would. I'd fuck you anywhere." Lauren bluntly stated.

Oh god.

"Remember what I told you at dinner?"

"Yeah, not even if Michelle Obama was here?"

"Not even if Michelle Obama's grandma was here!"

"LAUREN."

She chuckled, "Okay. Okay. Maybe not her. But yes, I would gladly take you here."

"Jesus Christ." I sighed in relief, "What am I going to do with you?"

"Fuck me that's what."

"Lauren please."

"Okay, I'm sorry. You just set yourself up for that one."

I scrunched up my nose and stuck out my tongue at her.

Lauren scrunched her nose back at me.

"I hate you."

"I love you too."

I smiled at that. But I couldn't help but question it. Did she? Even after what happened today?

"Lo?"

"Yeah?"

"I'm sorry about what happened. I know you said it's not my fault. But I'm equally as guilty. And I just hope you know that I didn't want to kiss her and that the only reason I did, was because I thought she was you. But I don't want you to be mad at Madison either. I mean you should because she kissed me but at the same time, she doesn't even know that I'm with you. So in a sense, it's kinda not her fault either. You know?"

"I know." Lauren affirmed me. "It would be different if she knew. I know I can't blame her because she doesn't though. I know that. I just can't help but be a little upset over it. You know how jealous I am."

"You shouldn't be. You have nothing to worry about. I love you."

Lauren half smiled, "I know. I'm sorry for freaking out earlier. I just couldn't control how angry and surprised I was. I literately didn't see that coming."

"Me either."

"It's kind of my fault anyway. If I never caused that incident in the cafeteria, she would've never gotten the balls to do that."

I couldn't disagree with her. She kinda had a point.

"Yeah, but don't blame yourself either. You didn't know she was going to do that."

"Yeah, you're right." Lauren mumbled, "It's Darren's fault."

I stifled a chuckle, "What? He has nothing to do with this."

Lauren cracked a smile, "I know. I just want someone to blame."

I playfully rolled my eyes at her.

"So everything's good?"

"Yep. Just dandy." Lauren murmured with a tight smile.

I furrowed my brows in concern, "Lo..."

"Everything's fine Camz. Trust me I just need a while to get over it. But on a side note, I don't want you walking alone around school anymore. The second I let you out of my sight, girls with hard names to remember fall for you and other girls corner you and kiss you."

"But what do you want me to do? I can't help it if I'm alone sometimes or if someone is absent."

"Oh, I won't be absent anymore. You don't have to worry about that."

"You're so overprotective you know that?"

"Well, I gotta be if everyone on the face of the planet is trying take my smoking girlfriend away from me."

"Not everyone Lo." I said giving her a pointed look.

"Sure seems like it." She grumbled.

"LOLO!" Akela said kicking the door open. "...just how you like it." He said placing the plates and drinks down on the table. "Enjoy girls."

We both thanks him and started to dig in. The last time I ate was during lunch and all I had was a pear. I was starving and literately devoured my plate. I didn't even take a second to process what I just ate.

I felt a pair of eyes staring at me. I looked up with a mouth full of veggies and met Lauren's green eyes.

She had an amused smile on her lips, "Someone's hungry." She murmured before she plopped a piece of broccoli into her mouth.

I swallowed the food in my mouth and pointed my fork at her, "What did you order by the way it's delicious."

"I can tell." She teased.

"Seriously, what did I just eat? I didn't even look."

"Chicken katsu."

"Chicken cat soup?"

Lauren chuckled, "No Camz. Chicken kat-su." She repeated a little bit slower for me.

"Well, my compliments to the chef."

Lauren smiled before she put a piece of chicken in her mouth. She chewed slowly as if she was trying to savor the flavor before it was completely gone. I watched her eat until she was finished and I swear I never saw her green eyes glow with so much happiness and comfort.

She met my gaze when she realized I was staring at her.

I smiled, "You really love his food don't you?"

Lauren half smiled before she looked down and shrugged, "Yeah... I mean my mom never really cooked a lot, and when she did, my dad never showed up, so there wasn't really nah point. And I guess, eating his food kind of makes it feel like home." Lauren said before she began thoughtful, "It's been a while since I've been here...and tasting his food started to remind me of things."

"It's okay. I like watching you eat anyway."

Lauren smirked and quirked a brow in amusement before she sipped her drink.

I felt my face flush. "Th-That's not what I meant and you know that."

"Mmmhm."

"Lauren."

"Are you ready?" She asked changing the subject.

I sighed, "Yeah how much?" I said before pulling out a wad of cash from my pocket.

Lauren stood up and pushed the money back at me, "It's okay I got it."

"Lauren let me-"

"-no. I'm treating you tonight." She insisted, giving me a pointed look.

"Okay." I grumbled.

She smiled and leaned down to kiss my forehead, "I'll be right back."

I half smiled and closed my eyes briefly. I then got up and began to gather my things. Lauren didn't take long in paying and had engaged into a conversation with Akela.

I waited patiently at our table because I didn't want to interrupt. But after about a minute, Lauren turned around and waved for me to come over. I did what she asked for and suppressed a smile.

She wrapped her arm around my shoulder and said, "Alright well we have to go-"

"-to your place?" Akela asked.

Lauren shyly smiled, "Yeah."

Akela smiled at me and met Lauren's gaze, "She's special, isn't she?"

Lauren nodded and half smiled, "Yeah."

It looked as if Akela was going to tear up. He looked away briefly to get himself together. He then looked back and gave me a warm smile, "Take care of her."

"I will." I replied.

He held out his hand for me and Lauren to grab. We both grasped his hand. He lightly squeezed our hands and said, "Mahalo."

I smiled at him while Lauren squeezed his hand back before she murmured a goodbye.

Afterwords, we both let go of his hand and made our way back to the shoreline.

"What does mahalo mean?" I whispered to Lauren.

Lauren smiled, "It means thank you."

"Oh." I said before a smile formed on my face too.

"He likes you."

"I'm glad." I replied, "He seems like he's very important to you..."

"Yeah...he was kind of there when my dad wasn't." Lauren shrugged, "And I guess he just always knows what to say."

"So he's been like a parental figure for you?"

"Basically."

"Well, I'm happy I got to meet him."

"Me too."

"How did you find this place anyway?"

Lauren smiled as her eyes looked off to the distance,"I was maybe thirteen when Taylor and I stumbled upon his food truck. We were starving and were desperately looking for a quick bite to eat before we had to go home and well, we kinda just found it and gave the place a chance. Before then, I never tasted such great food and it soon became my favorite place. I used to come here with her almost every weekend until my dad kept us from going there. He didn't like us commuting so far all the time. He though it was a waste of time and said we could have used our weekends for better things. But his idea of better things only bettered him and the company." Lauren paused, "I of course didn't give a shit and went anyway. Taylor listened and hasn't gone since." Lauren frowned before she took a deep breath and continued, "Then, one day, while I was thinking about my shitty dad and everything that came with him, I knocked myself out.
Literately. I was walking and I wasn't paying attention to where I was going and next thing you know I crash into this rock. And I don't know how long it took me to wake up but when I did, I couldn't believe my eyes." She paused before she looked up.

I followed her gaze and was met by a huge isolated cliff. I looked around and took in how beautiful it looked. The ocean was glistening a special sapphire blue as the sunset complimented it with it's radiating red glow.

"This is where I hit my head." Lauren said pointing at the rigid rock in front of her. "Hurt like hell but it didn't kill me."

"After, I woke up, I started to climb the thing. I had no motive or desire too. But...I did. And I don't think I'll ever know why, but I'm glad I did."

"How come?"

A mischievous smirk formed on Lauren's lips, "Lets find out."

--
A/N: Just a little something before another update.

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

24.7K 1.1K 34
Lauren was a celebrated young director in the industry. She owned a production house where she spent most of her time doing things she loved. Her med...
1.7M 54.9K 44
A small girl catches my attention one day during lunch and I can't seemed to get her off my mind. My new friends and others advise me to stay away fr...
769 5 30
Thrown together for a project that is due by the end of the year, Camila Cabello and Lauren Jauregui battle through the stages of a relationship in H...
1M 22.9K 45
Camila and Lauren are neighbors who used to be friends before high school began. Lauren has always had a thing for Camila, but never got the courage...