Lily Luna

By lollypopop123

We all know Lily Luna Potter, the only daughter of Harry and Ginny. She has big dreams of Hogwarts and her fu... More

Lily Luna
Lily Luna Chapter 1- Godric's Hollow
Lily Luna Chapter 2- Preparations
Lily Luna chapter 3 the cottage
Lily Luna Chapter 4- Past, Present, Future
Lily Luna chapter 5 - Secrets and surprises
Lily Luna chapter 6- Christmas eve
lily luna chapter 7 - the night before Christmas...
lily Luna chapter 8- Christmas at the burrow
lily luna chapter 9- Boxing day at shell cottage
lily Luna chapter 10 happiness from darkness
lily luna chapter 11
lily Luna chapter 12 What did I do?
lily Luna chapter 14 Is this my freedom?
lily Luna chapter 15 a summers day
lily Luna chapter 16 hope

lily Luna chapter 13 It can't be...

114 5 1
By lollypopop123

Chapter 13- It can't be...

The sun rose early and melted the summer dew on the grass. It was hot now and I spent my days in the garden on the grass with lemonade and strawberries. I had my books spread out and read while chatting to mum. In the evening we would all sit outside and play chess while talking as the sun set leaving a summer haze on the village. Later the peace would be broken by my brothers returning from Hogwarts. It was fun being alone but they made the house more lively and eventful. Next term I would be with them boarding the train to Hogwarts. Mum and dad must feel lonely with all of us gone but that's growing up isn't it. One day we will all leave and perhaps never return and live together again. It was upsetting to think that far ahead but that time would happen. I'm sure of it.

I got dressed and had breakfast before finding mum writing away in the shade on the patio in the garden. I looked as if I was ready to go to London now bit mum said "perhaps it would be best if you stay home, I go get the boys. The Wizarding world is not the safest at the moment" my face must have dropped from the happy smile to an upset look because mum then held my hands and said "don't worry it's just that the boys will be tired and need rest but also I want to keep you safe." Those words repeated themselves in my mind before I realised I wasn't going to London. I knew dad was coming back early to care for me so I couldn't complain. I pulled over a chair and sat down opposite mum. My hair was loose so i began twirling parts found my fingers before mum passed me the pot of cherries. My hair was still curled from yesterday but was slowly falling out of the neat locks.

The sun had risen high into the sky and mum and I were still outside oblivious of the time until dad entered the garden. This meant mum was going and we hadn't had lunch. Dad hugged mum and gave her a few cold pasties that I made yesterday before saying goodbye and kissing her on the cheek. I was now alone with dad for the rest of the day. We never really had time alone but now we were. I had a few mini pasties for lunch while dad wrote a letter to someone. I sighed and looked up at him. He smiled and gave me a hug. I wanted to do something and he could tell through my eyes. He said "don't worry lils everyone will be collecting their children from London soon so nobody will be around but there is one place we can go." my face lit up with joy and I asked "where?" dad replied "diagon alley there is something I wanted to get you before Hogwarts. " he wouldn't say what but it could be anything from books to a wand to a pet. Albus had all that and a ferret as a pet while James had the same but an owl. We had the family owl, willow and I had my pigmy puff but I was told I couldn't take her to Hogwarts.

I also wanted another pet but that was unlikely. I needed a wand and a load of books but I hadn't got my letter yet. Dad said we couldn't go till willow returned so we sat outside with my lemonade and waited. After an hour willow returned holding 4 envelopes. She perched on the Back of my chair and dropped the letters into my lap. There was one to mum and dad, another to James and one to Albus. The final one was addressed to me and had the Hogwarts wax seal on the back. I nearly exploded with excitement but dad kept me calm so I carefully opened it and pulled out a letter saying.

HOGWARTS SCHOOL of WITCHCRAFT and WIZARDRY

Headmaster: Albus Dumbledore

(Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorc., Chf. Warlock,

Supreme Mugwump, International Confed. of Wizards)

Dear Miss Potter,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.

Term begins on September 1. We await your owl by no later than July 31.

Yours sincerely,

Minerva McGonagall

Deputy Headmistress

(On the other parchment it read:)

HOGWARTS SCHOOL of WHICHCRAFT and WIZARDRY

UNIFORM

First-year students will require:

1. Three sets of plain work robes (black)

2. One plain pointed hat (black) for day wear

3. One pair of protective gloves (dragon hide or similar)

4. One winter cloak (black, with silver fastenings)

Please note that all pupils' clothes should carry name tags.

COURSE BOOKS

All students should have a copy of each of the following:

The Standard Book of Spells (Grade 1) by Miranda Goshawk

A History of Magic by Bathilda Bagshot

Magical Theory by Adalbert Waffling

A Beginner's Guide to Transfiguration by Emeric Switch

One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi by Phyllida Spore

Magical Drafts and Potions by Arsenius Jigger

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by Newt Scamander

The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection by Quentin Trimble

OTHER EQUIPMENT

1 wand

1 cauldron (pewter, standard size 2)

1 set glass or crystal phials

1 telescope

1 set brass scales

Students may also bring and owl OR a cat OR a toad.

PARENTS ARE REMINDED THAT FIRST YEARS ARE NOT ALLOWED THEIR OWN BROOMSTICKS

I put them both back into the envelope and then into my cardigan pocket and stood up to put some shoes on. When I returned all ready to go dad made me sit down and said "I hope you are happy but we can only get a wand and a pet today because the uniform and books are not stocked until august. I smiled and said let's go.

Dad locked up the house and put some things away before putting some shoes on. We disappeared to London and entered the wonderful place called diagon alley. It wasn't as busy as before since just a few older people shopping and one or two children with a parent looking at the displays. I walked next to my dad into the owl emporium. I didn't fancy an owl but at the back of the shop there was a collection of rats roads and cats. I fancied a cat to be different so the shop keeper; a kind lady showed me all the cats. I ended up with a tabby kitten with ginger feet. I called her pumpkin and she seemed happy. Dad stroked her gently while she was sitting on my lap. The kind old lady picked her up onto the counter and put her into a travel box. I carried the travel box and said thank you while dad handed over a few galleons. We left the shop and entered ollivanders. It was very nervous and my hands shook as I twisted the old rusty door handle. Mr Ollivander was a kind old man who cheerily said "hello" from the darkness of the store cupboard. As he slid along on the ladder he realised who we were and said "why hello Mr harry potter and... lily I assume you are here to buy your first wand." I nodded and said "yes" He said "wonderful I will just get a few to try"

He went into the store cupboard and returned with a few boxes. he said "firstly this one Hawthorne and holly" I gave it a swish. "Maybe not, try another." this time I was presented with a beautiful dark coloured wand Mr Ollivander said "black walnut and unicorn hair, 11and 3/4 inches, quite stiff. Why don't you give it a go" I picked it up and gage it a quick swish. A warm feeling ran through my body from my fingertips. Silver sparkles shot out of the wand leaving me very happy. Dad seemed happy and said thank you before handing over the money, 7 galleons. The wand was boxed up and given to me in a bag. We left the greatest wand shop in the world with a big smile. I said thanks to dad and we walked up the cobbled street before disapperating home. I expected the others to.be back by now but the house was still empty. I put my wand safely away upstairs and let pumpkin out into the Living room. She seemed scared and sat in my lap. Dad and I played with her for a while. James' owl flew through the open window scaring pumpkin. A note saying:

Congratulations lily I am so proud of you. Don't worry about us. We will be back later than expected so feel free to start cooking. Ginny, James & Albus xxx

Our faces fell and a breeze picked up. Dad locked up the house before starting to cook a chicken and vegetable pie for dinner. The smell filled the house and I took pumpkin up to my room where she gently fell asleep on my pillow. I shut the door and pulled the curtains before going to help dad make dinner. It was quiet in the house because the gloom of worry was hanging over us while. We didn't talk much but just worked around each other. When the pie was in the oven we sat in silence at the table drinking warm butter beer. It was now raining and the mood outside must have been as bad as in here. We heard a key in the front door and hurried up the corridor to. Find a few figures standing there. but there was one more than expected...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

133K 3.5K 48
What happens when Harry Potter's life intertwines with the one and only Luna "Loony" Lovegood? And how will their relationship intertwine with others...
2.9M 42.8K 35
Fanfic Watty Awards winner 2011. Lily Luna Potter is the only daughter of the famous Harry Potter. It's her fifth year at Hogwarts and her feelings...
62.4K 2.1K 25
NOTE: I am editing this story and will be changing it to third person point of view as it better suits my current writing style! Lily Luna Potter is...
3.5K 132 8
[COMPLETED] AU. James and Lily Potter have two sons, Caleb and Harry. They were close as children, but it became obvious at Hogwarts that they were t...