Mutant is the new normal (boy...

By Dalton159

Shawn has had an....interesting life. He has powers that he doesn't understand. When he turned 13 years old h... More

Why am I not surprised(Chapter 1)
A single white Rose(Chapter 2)
Chicken nuggets and fries (Chapter 3)
I missed you (Chapter 4)
What's up sexy? (Chapter 5)
The sticky notes (Chapter 6)
Is it a date? (Chapter 7)
Ready? (Chapter 8)
Angel (Chapter 9)
Water Condoms (Chapter 11)
So does Taylor (Chapter 12)
You are now Shawn Mendes (Chapter 13)
What kind of complications (Chapter 14)
My American asshole (Chapter 15)
Favors (Chapter 16)
News (Chapter 17)
Hopefully it will last (Chapter 18)
It's okay (Chapter 19)
A Funny Weird (Chapter 20)
Last Chapter (Chapter 21)
Super power list
New book
Sequel is out

Taywor (Chapter 10)

3K 167 31
By Dalton159

Taylor p.o.v.

"Congratulation Taylor," another person said to me. I nod and wave at them.

We have won the last 3 games these last two week and the last one yesterday I made the winning touch down. I should feel really happy and stuff, but without Shawn they were meaningless.

These last two weeks he's been avoiding me and barely talking to me. Last week he moved in with me, but has been staying at Nash's. What did I do to make him mad at me? Before yeah I would annoy him, but he wouldn't be mad. Plus sometimes he would blush and try to hide a smile, but he hasn't done that now. All I get is glares and "go away asshole."

"..lor..Taylor...Taylor," somebody says pulling me out of thought. I look over and I see the guys all staring at me. We're having lunch at lunch right now sitting at our usual table.

"Is everything alright," Carter asked.

"Yeah. I'm just a little bummed out," I say.

"About Shawn," Jack says.

I sigh. "Yeah, he doesn't even speak to me. Do you know what's going on," I ask Nash. He frowns. "Why do you think I know," he asks.

"Well he is living at your house and you're the only one with inside knowledge. Matt still hates Carter, Jack and JJ have that weird awkward thing, and Lia would never tell me. You're the only one that can help me," I say.

"Well I don't know. Maybe find a way to force him to talk to you," Nash tells me.

"I can't just lock him in a room and force him to talk to me...can I?"

"No. I mean find another way."

"Like wh--," I get cut off by my phone ringing. I quickly answer it. I put an app on my phone that will put my phone on vibrate except for 3 people. Tristen's school, Tristen's phone, and my apartment supervisor.

"Hello Taywor," I hear my brother say.

"Hey bud, is everything okay," I ask.

"No. My tummy didn't feel good this morning, but I didn't want you to miss school, so I didn't say anything. Then when I got here it got worst and I threw up," he tells me.

"Oh bud, I will be there soon to pick you up okay," I say.

"K thank you Tay," he says.

"No problem." We hang up and I look at my friends. "Sorry guys, but I need to go get Tristen. He is sick. Could you guys tell the front office that I had to leave and take care of him?" They say yes and I leave to pick him up.

I walk outside to the parking lot to find car, only to realize that today I brought my motorcycle and not my car. Crap, I can't take a child with a stomach ache in this.

I was about to freak out when I see Shawn walking to his car. I know he hates me, but I'm desperate.

I run over to him and stop in front of him. He glares at me and opens his mouth to say something, but I cut him off.

"Shawn I know you really hate me right now, but I really really need your help it's about Tristen," I say quickly. Shawn's eyes soften when I mentioned Tristen. Him and Tristen always got along. He had a soft spot for the little guy. I may or may not have used my little brother to get some attention from Shawn.

"What's wrong," he asks concerned.

"He has a stomach ache and I need to pick him up from school, but today I brought my motorcycle instead of my car and I don't think that's safe for him," I explain.

"Here," he says handing me the car keys. "I don't know the way to the Elementary school and it will be quicker if you drive," he tells me. We quickly get inside and drive to the school. The drive was awkward and quiet. The both of us didn't speak. Luckily the school wasn't that far away.

When I finally park into the school I start to freak out, because I realized I don't know what to do. I've never took in care of a kid. Should I take him to the hospital? Should I take him home? What medicine should I buy him? What if he doesn't like the medicine? What do I do of this isn't just a stomach ache? What if he has some sort of stomach virus and they need to preform an emergency surgery?

I don't realized that I'm shaking till Shawn places his hand on my and I stop shaking. "What's wrong Tay," he asks.

"What if I don't take care of him well? What if I make it worst? What if he likes the cherry flavored medicine, but I buy him the grape flavored, what if...what if," I say.

"Taylor it's just a stomach ache. You'll do fine," Shawn tells me. That still doesn't calm my nerves. I don't even get why I'm so nervous. Yeah this might be the first time taking care of another living being, but I shouldn't be this nervous.

"Geez Tay, what are you going to do when you have your own children," Shawn asks. I smile thinking about why.

"Well you're great with children and whenever I picture myself with children you are always there beside me," I tell him. Then Shawn does the one thing that I have been craving all week for. He gives me a smile. Not a smirk, not a grin, not one of those fake smiles, but a genuine smile that reaches his eyes.

"So you're telling me that you're planning to dump our children on me whenever they're sick," he asks.

"Pretty much," I say. He starts to laugh and I can't help, but join in.

"Okay. How about I help you take care of Tristen?"

I smile at him. "I would love that. Let me go get him," I say. I get out of the car and run into the school. I get to the front office and ask where Tristen is. They point towards the nurses office. I sign the check out papers and then go to him.

"Hey buddy. How you doing," I ask when I walk in. "Taywor?" He can say Taylor, but he still calls me Taywor sometimes.

"Yeah I'm here," I say as pick him up and we walk out of the front office.

"I have surprised for you," I tell him.

"What is it," he asked.

"Well you remember Shawn right?"

"Yeah, I haven't seen him in years." I chuckle a little.

"Tris it's only been a couple of months."

"Well it feels like years."

"Well he's in the car right now waiting for us," I say. He starts to jump in my arms excited to meet Shawn.

"Really Shawnie is here," he asks. I nod.

When we get outside I see Shawn outside the car waiting for us when Tristen jumps out of my arms and runs to him. He jumps and Shawn catches him. They both start laughing. I'm about to walk over to them when a hand lands on my shoulder.

I turn around and see a man in a leather jacket. He looks like he is in a hypnotic state. Before I can say anything he says, "they know about Shawn. Tell Kira." I am about to ask what do they know when he collapses and faints.

Shawn p.o.v.

When I see the man with Tay faint I immediately put Tristen in the car. I don't know what is going on, and I don't want Tristen to see it incase it's bad.

Luckily though the man wakes up quickly and looks confused. He talks to Tay and they both look confused.

"Shawnie why is your stuff at the apartment," Tristen asks. We are both in the back seat. I'm covering what's going on between Taylor and that guy.

"Well I'm kind of living there," I answer. Tristen eyes widen. "Really? So you and Taywor are married," he asks. My eyes then widen. "What? Is that what Taylor told you?" I yell.

He shakes his head. "No, but when Ms. Evans got married and turned into Mrs. Parks she said she that when people get married they move in together, and ever since I was a baby Taywor has told me that he will marry you, and I will get to be his ring bear. So are you or not?"

I smile a little. He has been telling his little brother that he will marry me someday. Agh Taylor why do you have to be so confusing.

"No. Sorry," I tell him.

"That's okay. That means I can still be the ring bear. Do I get to wear a costume?"

"Sorry. You have to wear a suit and hold our wedding rings on a pillow," I tell him. He pouts. "I wanted to dress up as a bear," he whines. I laugh a little.

"How about I get you wear a bear tie," I suggest. He beams at that. "Yeah that will amazing," he says.

"You do know you just admitted that you will marry me someday," Taylor tells me from the front seat. I jump a little. When did he come in here?

"How much did you hear,"I ask.

"From when Tristen asked if we were married," he said smirking.

"Well I meant if we were to get married," I clarify.

"Whatever...mr. Caniff," he says starting the car and driving off.

"I think he's talking to you," I whisper to Tristen. He just smiles at me and hugs me and I hug back.

"Dang, my little brother has more game than me," Taylor says smiling.

When we get to the apartment I pick a sleeping as Taylor leads us upstairs.

As we walk up the stairs my phone starts to vibrate in my pocket. Taylor grabs Tristen from me, so I can answer. When I pull it out I see the caller I.D. It's JJ.

"Hello," I answer.

"Shawn are you okay? What happened? We've been worried sick. Why weren't you in your last two classes?" JJ keeps firing question till I tell him to stop.

"JJ, I'm fine. Towards the end of lunch Taylor had an emergency and I had to help him. Now I'm at his apartment helping him," I tell him.

"Okay," JJ sighs in relief. That's when I remember I was his ride today. "I'm so sorry JJ that I ditched you," I apologize. He chuckles a little. "It's fine. It was an emergency I understand. I can just walk home," he says. I'm not letting walk home. He lives near Taylor's apartment which is on the complete opposite side of town from the school. That's when I realize how big this town is. There's a woods part, a city part, an urban part, suburban part, rural part, and a rich people part.

Taylor taps with his elbow and I look at him. "Tell JJ to tell Jack to bring me my motorcycle," he whispers. "Can JJ come with Jack? I was his ride," I tell him. He nods.

"JJ could you tell Jack to bring Taylor's motorcycle to his apartment building," I ask. There is pause before he answers.

"Sure," he says. "Great. Thank you. And Taylor said you can ride with Jack here. He only lives a couple blocks from your families condo," I say.

"No I don't want to. I can walk," JJ says quickly.

"Please JJ. I also want to hangout and Taylor probably wants hang with Jack," I tell him.

"Fine," JJ says.

"Great see you soon," I say.

JJ p.o.v.

I groan as I look for Jack. Things between us is weird and awkward and how could it not. Being in love with your ex and still being friends(somewhat) is kind of weird. It's isn't like Ted and Robin or Ross and Rachel this is real life.

I'm cut out of thought as somebody grabs my hand and pulls me into a pitch black room. I start to panic and try to look for the door. Before I can though somebody grabs my waist pulls me to them. Right when I was about to scream I feel a familiar pair of lips on mine.

I instantly relax and kiss back. It feel like the old days when we kissed. Before Jack left our relationship started to get rocky. When we kissed there would be no meaning, no love, no passion it felt forced. The only time there was any type of anything was when we were having sex, but even then there was not a lot of desire.

I'm sure if he'd have stayed we would have overcome whatever we were going through, but when he told me he was leaving we got into a huge fight and we broke up.

Right now though all I could think about was his lips on mine. He kissed with love, passion, desire. He started to lick my bottom lips to ask for entrance and I decided to tease him and deny him. He growled at my denial and lowered his hands.

I was so wrapped up in the kiss I didn't feel his hand on my butt. When he squeezed it I gasped in surprise and he took his opportunity and plunged his tongue into my mouth. I didn't even put up a fight and let him explore every nook and cranny of my mouth.

When I started to feel light headed from the lack of oxygen I pulled away. We were both panting. That was the best kisses that we've had other than our first kiss.

"I..couldn't...hold...it...anymore," Jack pants out. He has his arm around me and my face is in his chest. I take in his familiar scent. Right now in his arm it felt like home. I finally felt safe. Last year my parents discovered my secret and it was disastrous.

They were planning on throwing a surprise birthday party for me, but first they were going to pretend kidnapped me. I know weird right. Anyways I was walking to Jacob's house when my parents "abducted" me. They pulled me into a black van and were trying to tie me up, but I phases through my father who was holding me down. I then pulled out my pepper spray and sprayed my parents. When I pulled off their masks I was really surprised.

A couple of days later my parents started packing to move. I was packing to move to, but they said I wasn't moving with them. They said I was demon from hell. My parents are really religious which is why I never told them about me and Jack.

Luckily Lia said she wasn't moving without me and stayed with me. My parents must still be paying the condo and stuff because we haven't been evicted and our water, electricity, and gas still works. They also send Lia money which is more than enough for the both of us.

When my parents left I felt so lost and scared, but now in Jack's arm I feel so safe and secure.

But all good things must come to an end. That's when reality came back and I realized what I was doing. I pushed Jack back and said, "We can't do this Jack."

"Why not?"

"Jack. The last time you left almost destroyed me. I didn't just lose my boyfriend. I lost my best friend and a piece of my heart," I say as I feel tears slide down my face. When I discovered my powers I was so scared. Jack was the only person I trusted most in this world, but we had just broken up and I couldn't bring him into my mess.

"JJ I won't let that happen. I love you and I can't move on from you. I have tried and I mean I really tried to get over you and resist these urges and longing for you, but I can't anymore. Please JJ I don't just want you I need you," he tells me

"I don't know if I can," I whisper.

"Then let me prove it to you. Just give me a chance," he pleads.

I sigh. "Fine. I will let you prove it to me. I'm not saying yes to dating, but I'm saying yes to you proving that I can trust you again," I tell him.

"Thats all I need," he says cockily. I smile at him. We walk out of the black room and start walking down the hall.

"Why haven't you left yet," I ask. School has been over for a good 30 minutes, why would he still be here.

"Well the Dolan twins had to use it during lunch for...stuff and they said they were going to pick me up as soon as they could which means not till really late. I will have to wait till Carter is done with practice to take me home," he tells me. When he said stuff it sounded like he was hiding something, but I didn't press on since we just barely became friends again.

That's when I remember what I was doing before we kissed. "Oh Taylor told Shawn to tell me to tell you to take his motorcycle to his apartment. And if you wouldn't mind could you take me too?" He smirk at my question.

"I will take you anywhere and anytime, all you have to do is ask," he tells me seductively. I blush a little.

"You know what I mean. I need a ride," I say. He smirks again and I realize why. I hit his shoulder and he starts laughing. "I'm kidding, I'm kidding," he says. We start walking to the front entrance.

Unknown p.o.v.

"Have you found him," I ask.

"Yes. We got word that his family is moving to Europe. We don't know where though," he tells me.

"Then find out where he is moving," I scream.

"Yes sir," he says and hangs up his phone.

I will catch you one day.

---------------

A/n: I hope you liked it. I was just wondering how you guys like the story to so far. Is it getting better, worst, is the plot everywhere. Just tell me your opinion please. Also would you recommend my book or not. Okay thank you for reading. Please vote comment and follow.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.6M 113K 163
Magcon Imagines & Preferences, all written by me. Hope you enjoy! x
38.4K 307 54
Request Accepted
115K 1.3K 17
Magcon imagines here! Jack G Jack J Matthew Cameron Aaron Shawn Sammy Yes I know this isn't all of them, please do not hate. {completed} * This was w...